facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2014, 08:53 PM

Default Faruk, please don't DESTROY our cricket

We felt it. There must be something wrong in the team harmoney lately specially during the matches against the Lankans.

As seem since Faruk Ahmed given the responsibility of head of the Cricket Selection Committee, the Tigers seemed lost their team spirit and motivation...

Now we know that it is him who started it...

Faruk, you have stared it...and you are the one who should end it...
Please don't kill our passion - we only have cricket to be proud of in sports (other than golf?)

Reference read @ Prothom Alo: অসুখী বাংলাদেশ

Old February 24, 2014, 09:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Dont forget Papon. Ever since he signed the deal with bcci, our crickets been on the decline. I dont know what going on for sure but somethings not right in our cricket at the moment.
Old February 24, 2014, 09:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Faruk Ahmed is Akram Khan's bhaira?!?! Bhairas everywhere!
Old February 24, 2014, 10:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Because I'm deficient with understanding bangla language, what is a bhaira?
Old February 24, 2014, 10:35 PM
Cricket Guru

An in-law of some sort I think?
Old February 24, 2014, 10:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Because I'm deficient with understanding bangla language, what is a bhaira?
Brother in-law. Faruks and akrams wives are sisters.
Old February 24, 2014, 10:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Bhaira vs Bhaira. Off the field khel jomse bhalo.

On paper, Akaram-Faruk team is stronger.
Old February 24, 2014, 10:45 PM
MLC World Series I

Don't know how people like Faruk come for a second stint. It didn't even take one series to realize what an incompetent person he is with the choice of players..

But then, it could have been much worse.
Old February 24, 2014, 10:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Where I am from the term bhaira is an old word that my grandparents used to descrive a deaf person.

Well I'm learning something new everyday.

I hate nepotism.
Old February 24, 2014, 11:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Where I am from the term bhaira is an old word that my grandparents used to descrive a deaf person.

Well I'm learning something new everyday.

I hate nepotism.
Deaf person = bhoira
Old February 24, 2014, 11:22 PM
Cricket Sage

I hate when people go with the flow and start blaming everything to the selectors.

Yes Faruk may not selected all the right players, but when msot of the senior players doesn't take the responsibilities and plays like insane one after another... start dropping catch after catches.... 5 run outs in 3 games... and then all come together ... the captain ... the so called "all the players" ... the reporters ... some fans... start blaming Faruk as if he is the root cause of all the problems....its just pathetic. Just drop Faruk and bring a saint from haven, do you think the result will be anything different?

Its the players who plays in the field. When the senior players start leading by example and play with responsibility, only then we will again start winning. It was not Faruk who lost the 1st ODI game for us. It is not Faruk who lost the 2nd and 3rd ODI game, Its the players, mostly the senior players who lost the game.

So instead of complaining, I would suggest our players to concentrate on the game. Either play with urgency or step aside and let other play...stop acting like a drama queens.
Old February 24, 2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I hate when people go with the flow and start blaming everything to the selectors.

Yes Faruk may not selected all the right players, but when msot of the senior players doesn't take the responsibilities and plays like insane one after another... start dropping catch after catches.... 5 run outs in 3 games... and then all come together ... the captain ... the so called "all the players" ... the reporters ... some fans... start blaming Faruk as if he is the root cause of all the problems....its just pathetic. Just drop Faruk and bring a saint from haven, do you think the result will be anything different?

Its the players who plays in the field. When the senior players start leading by example and play with responsibility, only then we will again start winning. It was not Faruk who lost the 1st ODI game for us. It is not Faruk who lost the 2nd and 3rd ODI game, Its the players, mostly the senior players who lost the game.

So instead of complaining, I would suggest our players to concentrate on the game. Either play with urgency or step aside and let other play...stop acting like a drama queens.
Did you read অসুখী বাংলাদেশ Fazal bhai?

Faruk's behavior in the Tigers dressing-room right after the1st match annoyed the players... along with other stuffs...
Old February 25, 2014, 12:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Did you read অসুখী বাংলাদেশ Fazal bhai?

Faruk's behavior in the Tigers dressing-room right after the1st match annoyed the players... along with other stuffs...
KP Bhai,

You are a man with reason. But if some of us (the fans) would be there in the locker room after the loss of 1st game with similar power like Faruk, I doubt we would treat the players any nicer. It was an ugly game and some of the senior players should be ashamed of that if they have any shame at all.

Players gets lots of love from the nation, in return they expect sincere effort and some quality leadership from senior players.

And at the end this team looks like a dysfunctional team. Tamim vice captaincy saga; Rahim throwing Al-Amin under the bus and not plying him in 2nd and 3rd ODI even though he was the best FB in the team, Continue with his baira in all three ODIs, dropping catches after catches, 5 run outs. Whose responsibly is that to keep the team work as one unit and work efficiently? Faruk or "Coach and Captain"?

I don;t mind when a selector get criticism for selecting or not selecting a player. But dysfunctional team on the field? Specially when the team is more of less same for last one+ year? How can someone blame Faruk and not coach and Captain?

btw I am not a Faruk fan. Nor I am a Faruk hater yet. I was not happy with his 1st tenure, specially overall performance. But now that he is here, I will give him more time before I make my judgement.
Old February 25, 2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
KP Bhai,

You are a man with reason. But if some of us (the fans) would be there in the locker room after the loss of 1st game with similar power like Faruk, I doubt we would treat the players any nicer. It was an ugly game and some of the senior players should be ashamed of that if they have any shame at all.

Players gets lots of love from the nation, in return they expect sincere effort and some quality leadership from senior players.

And at the end this team looks like a dysfunctional team. Tamim vice captaincy saga; Rahim throwing Al-Amin under the bus and not plying him in 2nd and 3rd OSI even though he was the best FB in the team, Continue with his baira in all three ODIs, dropping catches after catches, 5 run outs. Whose responsibly is that to keep the them work as an unit and work efficiently? Faruk or "Coach and Captain"?

I don;t mind when a selector get criticism for selecting or not selecting a player. But dysfunctional team on the field? Specially when the team is more of less same for last one+ year? How can someone blame Faruk and not coach and Captain?
Fazal bhai, I agree what you have said. But as a senior and ex captain, Faruk should have known better how to treat his boys.

I am not saying it is only Faruk to blame. We all see how the players from A to Z gave away their wickets during the Sl series.

We had a settled team just months ago now it seems যেই লাউ, সেই কদুর অবস্থায় again! Faruk should take his time and re-build the relationship between him and the cap along with the other members of the team.

Just a personal note:
Faruk bhai and I went to the same high school, he was two year senior than me. We lived in same area in Mohammedpur and both from Bikrampur. We know each-other well and I have always admired him as big brother and a cricket player. Even our private teacher was same!
So, I have nothing personal against him.
Old February 25, 2014, 02:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Nach te na janle uthaner dosh!!
Old February 25, 2014, 06:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Nach te na janle uthaner dosh!!
miya bhai, goto 18 months jabot bhaloi to nachlo, hotath nacher chondo poton holo ken ? naki keo iccha kore uthan takey baka kore dise ?
Old February 25, 2014, 07:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

don't like Faruk much, but so far we lost the series against Lanka due to our poor performance & I don't think Faruk has anything much to do wwith this
And it's not cool that he didn't talk with Mushy & coach before picking the team
Old February 25, 2014, 11:18 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

During the SL series there were multiple failures. We need to isolate each and fix it. The Chief Selector was at fault in his duties and should face the music.

Quote:

Old February 25, 2014, 11:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
During the SL series there were multiple failures. We need to isolate each and fix it. The Chief Selector was at fault in his duties and should face the music.
Not so quick my friend. Its not a musical chair game. We cannot pick and drop a chief selector just like that.

Yes there was lots of things went wrong in this series. But not all of them is Cheif selector's fault. More or less this a stable and establsihed team with some senior players playing for us for a long enough time. Unless players and coach start taking responsibilities for their faults, even a saint from heaven as chief selectors is not going to change much.

if you go through the list that went wrong, there are plenty of items in the list that had nothing to do with the Chief Selectors.
Old February 25, 2014, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Never liked Faruk to begin with. Nannu was the ideal guy for this position. But Mr. KFC had other plans..

I am totally in favor of Mushy here. As a captain, he deserves to know what his team will look like before any series. Because at the end of the day, its HIM who faces the media, BCB bosses and the fans. So he must have a say in the team selection. Dont understand why is it so hard for Mr Faruk to practice this common courtesy to our captain and coach
Old February 25, 2014, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Wooww now Mushy has started to show anger... Broke a glass door

Never liked Faruk..I know Akram is not popular in BD but I always felt that he has been one of the best chief selectors .. I think he was fair and smart enough to select the right team combination.. He was not afraid of injecting new blood like Nasir, Mominul .. But Faruk is already guilty of disrupting the team harmony :|
Old February 25, 2014, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
But Faruk is already guilty of disrupting the team harmony :|
by his team selection?

About the current team selection, except for Zia I don't know how you can complain about the current team for Asia cup.

... and yes I am also not a fan of Faruk. I had the same feeling when he was appointed i.e. he may stop infusing new blood in the team. But we need to see more, may be an year before accusing him not infusing new blood.
Old February 25, 2014, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
miya bhai, goto 18 months jabot bhaloi to nachlo, hotath nacher chondo poton holo ken ? naki keo iccha kore uthan takey baka kore dise ?
Bhai eta Mushy er chalaki. Last time Zimbabwe er sathe here resign korchilo jaate criticism theke bachte pare. Ebar korche SL er sathe baje bhabe here. Ebar shob dosh Faruker.

Betara nijera perform korte parena abar onno ke blame kore. Bhujlam Faruk hoito ektu jamela korse tar mane ei na je tara tader khelatai bhule jabe. Eto emotional hole khelte ashe keno? Match fee ar mash seshei salaray tar kotha to bhule na.

Amra jati tai emon. Nijeder failurer jonne amra shudhu onnokei blame kori.
Old February 25, 2014, 04:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

What transpired so far, Faruk is the worst selector.

And Fazal, change your annoying avatar. and Stop your ranting. Be sane.
Old February 25, 2014, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
What transpired so far, Faruk is the worst selector.

And Fazal, change your annoying avatar. and Stop your ranting. Be sane.
Who is sane here and who is insane here? Senior players plays shamelessly and lose game after games, and you guys are claiming "kesto betaee chor" i.e. its all Faruk's fault?

Bring some value in this discussion by pointing out: a) step by step what are reasons behind why we lost game after game; b) How many of them are Faruk's fault.

Just to help you further, "Did Faruk secretly spreaded chutra pata in Sakib's Kucki that made his chulkani in his groin area ?" Or "Did Farul secretely spreaded oil in all the fielder's hand that made them drop so many loopa catches?". Also please inlighten us how Faruk secretely conspired so that we had 4 run outs in 3 ODIs?