facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 18, 2012, 12:36 AM
BC Editorial Team

what century?

Old December 18, 2012, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
He has a couple of brothers in the National Pipeline who idolize and play just like him. So we may be blessed see his type of classy batting even without him over the next decade and a half. They'll have kids and grandkids and our privilege would be extended over generations. Too bad I won't be alive to witness them all grown up to set the world of international cricket alight.

Chick that, I'll probably witness Lildol Nazzino debut at 16 in a decade max. Simply too much talent in that gene pool.
I have played with one of Shahriar Nafees's brothers. His youngest brother that is. He is an okay batsman but his spin bowling is really worth watching. He loops the ball up and makes the ball turn quite a lot. Played with him in Old DOHS field. He was in our team and did significantly for us to win the match.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 18, 2012, 01:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

He is not that bad of a batsmen. However, He has a horrific time with the short ball/bouncer, running between the wickets can improve and occasional bad shot selection(mostly mistimed pulls, I have seen him get out to a mistimes pull umpteenth times). Other than that, in a place like Bangladesh where in domestic cricket the bouncer is nonexistent, He can score centuries almost at will, as long as he is willing to stay at the crease.

If he can sort these problems out, perhaps he may still have something to offer.....
Old December 18, 2012, 01:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
what century?
http://tigercricket.com/news/shahid-...y-cricket.html
Old December 18, 2012, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

He's actually a pretty intelligent guy. BCB had spotted him as a future leader and even sent him on some captaincy training tour to Australia. It seems he has bigger problems than technical flaws. Seems like he has confidence issues, off the field issues. Like how he started off captain of Barisal Burners, and simply gave it away. Similarly i think he was recalled back from an A team tour because of misconduct. So he needs to sort himself out in those areas, then do well in BPL, first class etc. Otherwise its pointless keeping him in the NT, as he will never give more than a 20 or 25, and that never does good to a batsman's confidence.
Old December 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
He is not that bad of a batsmen.
Yes he is - unless you're comparing him with Gazi/Ashraful etc. of course. Scratch that - Gazi has far better technique than Nafees. Awful temperament, awful against short stuff, not that great against spin either. Shouldn't be near the test team. HIs average flatters him a LOT.
Old December 18, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

SN Is one of the better players amongst the 'Walking Wickets Crew' which features Nazim, Rock, Jahurul and Junaid. At least SN can bash the minnows! Nah but i actually loved him at one stage but it dissapoints me to see how crap he bats sometimes...
Old December 18, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

no doubt SN has the ability but he lacks prfessionalisme, he takes his opportunities for granted, atleast thats what I felt in the recent series,he is not a good fielder,
it's the attitude of not taking engh responsibilities the way he plays, and often performing in domestic or against Zimbabwe but failing against quality opposition.
so no more SN
Old December 18, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
I have played with one of Shahriar Nafees's brothers. His youngest brother that is. He is an okay batsman but his spin bowling is really worth watching. He loops the ball up and makes the ball turn quite a lot. Played with him in Old DOHS field. He was in our team and did significantly for us to win the match.
All of the brothers are standout players in various levels of local cricket. Some may even become reputable minnow bashers before those sides improve. I was salivating over the possibility of them and their kids playing international cricket for Bangladesh over several generations.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 18, 2012, 05:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

We have seen how a sudden injury creates vacuum in the team. It is important that players like SN continue performing at their very best, that means keeping the effort to maximum to the level he is generally known for. Besides a ton is a ton and although his team lost he won the MOM which should be praised without any hesitation.
Old December 18, 2012, 06:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
I believe you're talking about Iktedar. He captained Bangladesh in the U15 WC a few years ago and ended up as the team's highest wicket-taker even though he is an opening batsman. Although given that he is around 20 years old already and hasn't broken into the domestic circuit, it doesn't suggest that he's a NT prospect.

As for SN, I think we may finally be done with him.
Old December 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
MLC World Series I

He played well when he had the long hair thing going
Old December 18, 2012, 10:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

The funny story is, right before World Cup 2011 many people in this forum (myself included) cried "Shahriar Nafees" simply due to his performance against NZ
Old December 19, 2012, 12:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Some days he will be Nafees but most days he will be Mofeez.
One thing for sure, he will stay around for a while and will get us talking.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 19, 2012, 02:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I see him becoming a national selector someday.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 19, 2012, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I might be wrong but wasnt SN a lower order batsmen when he first broke into the national team?
Old December 19, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I might be wrong but wasnt SN a lower order batsmen when he first broke into the national team?
no .... he was always the opener
Old December 19, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I see him becoming a national selector someday.
And the chief selector will be (everyone knows him)
Old December 19, 2012, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
no .... he was always the opener
But i solely remember him batting in the lower order in a series a long time ago (in ODIs)
Old December 25, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

আমি কিছুই বুঝতে পারছি না

বাংলাদেশের টেস্ট দলের তিনি তিন নম্বর ব্যাটসম্যান। কিন্তু ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি টুর্নামেন্ট বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট লিগে জায়গা পাননি প্রাইম ব্যাংক দক্ষিণাঞ্চলের ১৫ সদস্যের দলে। কারণটা নিজেও বুঝতে পারছেন না, দল-সংশ্লিষ্ট কেউ তাঁকে জানানওনি। শাহরিয়ার নাফীসকে মনে হলো পুরোপুরিই বিভ্রান্ত

 দলে নেই দেখে কতটা ধাক্কা খেয়েছেন?
শাহরিয়ার নাফীস: ধাক্কা বলতে...আসলে আমি খুব কনফিউজড।
 খবরটা জানলেন কীভাবে? দল থেকে কেউ যোগাযোগ করেছিল?
শাহরিয়ার: না, কেউ যোগাযোগ করেনি। আমি জেনেছি পত্রিকা দেখে।
 ক্যারিয়ারের এই পর্যায়ে এসে এমন একটা ব্যাপার নিশ্চয়ই দুঃখজনক?
শাহরিয়ার: দুঃখ বা হতাশা কিছু তো থাকবেই। তবে সত্যি বলতে, এর চেয়ে বেশি আমি কনফিউজড। বুঝতে পারছি না, কী করা উচিত বা কার সঙ্গে কথা বলা উচিত। জাতীয় লিগ হলে যেমন আমি জানি কর্মকর্তা কারা বা বিপিএল হলে জানি কার সঙ্গে কথা বলতে হবে। কিন্তু এটা যেহেতু একটা নতুন ধারণা, নতুন টুর্নামেন্ট, এখানে কর্মকর্তা কারা বা কার কাছে আমি কারণটা জিজ্ঞেস করতে পারি, এসব কিছুই বুঝতে পারছি না।
 ১৫ জনের দলে আপনার নাম না দেখে অনেকে ভেবেছেন বোধহয় চোট-টোট আছে...
শাহরিয়ার: নাহ্, ফিট আছি তো।
 আপনার নিজের কী মনে হয়, কেন বাদ পড়তে পারেন?
শাহরিয়ার: কোনো ধারণা নেই। আমি কিছুই জানি না। দল নির্বাচনের মানদণ্ড কী, আমি কেন বাদ পড়লাম, কী করা উচিত ছিল বা কী করলে থাকতে পারতাম...কিছুই বুঝতে পারছি না। দল-সংশ্লিষ্ট কেউ কোনো যোগাযোগও করেনি। ওই যে বললাম, কার সঙ্গে কথা বলব, সেটাই তো বুঝতে পারছি না। সুজন ভাই (খালেদ মাহমুদ) আছেন, উনি প্রাইম ব্যাংকের (দক্ষিণাঞ্চলের ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি) সঙ্গে যুক্ত। কিন্তু এখন উনি বোর্ড কর্মকর্তা। তাই বুঝতে পারছি না কিছু জিজ্ঞেস করা উচিত হবে কি না।
 বোর্ড থেকে বলা হচ্ছিল, জাতীয় লিগের পারফরম্যান্সকে প্রাধান্য দেওয়া হবে দল নির্বাচনে...
শাহরিয়ার: দেখুন, জাতীয় লিগে এবার আমি মাত্র দুটি ম্যাচ খেলেছি। প্রথমটিতে খুলনার বিপক্ষে দুই ইনিংসে করেছিলাম ৬০ ও ১০, দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচে খারাপ আবহাওয়ার কারণে আমরা ব্যাটিংই করতে পারিনি। এরপর টেস্ট খেলতে চলে গেলাম। টেস্ট থেকে ফেরার পর জাতীয় লিগের দুটি ম্যাচ ছিল। কিন্তু আমার স্ত্রী খুব অসুস্থ থাকায় খেলতে পারিনি। এরপর আবার বিজয় দিবস ক্রিকেটে খেললাম, সেঞ্চুরিও করেছি। সেটা না হয় বাদ দিলাম। জাতীয় লিগে কার্যত দেখা যাচ্ছে, একটি ম্যাচ খেলে আমি একটি ফিফটি করেছি।
 বাদ পড়তে পারেন, এমন কিছু তাহলে ভাবনাতেও ছিল না!
শাহরিয়ার: আমি জানতাম, খুলনা (খুলনা আর বরিশাল বিভাগ মিলে দক্ষিণাঞ্চল দল) থেকে বেশি ক্রিকেটার সুযোগ পাবে। সেটিই স্বাভাবিক। খুলনা চ্যাম্পিয়ন দল, ওদের পারফরমারও বেশি। আর আমার ধারণা ছিল, বরিশাল থেকে একজন সুযোগ পেলেও সোহাগ গাজী পাবে। দারুণ ফর্মে আছে। জাতীয় লিগ-জাতীয় দল, সবখানেই পারফর্ম করেছে। বরিশাল থেকে চারজন নেওয়া হলো, কিন্তু আমি নেই...আসলে যেটা বললাম, আমার মাথায় কিছু ঢুকছে না। কোনোভাবেই হিসাব মেলাতে পারছি না।
 জাতীয় লিগে ছয় ম্যাচে মাত্র একটা ফিফটি করে সালমান হোসেন ও সাত ম্যাচে দুটি ফিফটি করে ফজলে রাব্বী সুযোগ পেয়েছেন বরিশাল থেকে...
শাহরিয়ার: যারা সুযোগ পেয়েছে, ওদের নিয়ে আমার কোনো প্রশ্ন নেই, ওদের শুভকামনা জানাই। আমি নিজের প্রশ্নের উত্তর খুঁজছি। কিছুই বুঝতে পারছি না।
 এখন তবে কী ভাবছেন?
শাহরিয়ার: কী আর ভাবব? অনুশীলন করছি নিজের মতো করে। ফিট রাখার চেষ্টা করছি নিজেকে। সামনে বিপিএল আছে। বিপিএলে ভালো খেলার চেষ্টা করব। এই তো!

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...26/news/316285
Old December 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Aubagha jedike jai....
Old January 9, 2013, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
SN: আমি কিছুই বুঝতে পারছি না
Ekhon bujhtacho naki ekhono hoosh hoy nai?
Old January 9, 2013, 10:12 AM
Banned

the BPL-2 will be a litmus paper test for him. Lets see what he does, especially for a team which lack superstars
Old January 9, 2013, 11:23 AM
MLC World Series I

SN should worship, idolize and study this guy. Perhaps, all his doubts will be cleared.

Old January 9, 2013, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

This guy scored against top quality Aussie team and now he is just messed up... Curious case of SN