facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 8, 2005, 04:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by guy_zin
shanto ar saiful ke paoa geleo shafiuddin babu ke mone hoy ar paoa jabena kokhono ..oi beta naki ekhon literally 'dourer upor'..after killing or attempted to kill a girl in dhaka who refused to be his lover he ran out of bangladesh..the news was in the bd newspapers
wow! never knew this bit of information! Thanks for sharing.

Old September 8, 2005, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

judging someone on the basis of domestic cricket is a crime, unless he's done something exceptional.
Old September 9, 2005, 12:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by tanvir_nus
Guyz, just like to clarify one thing. Shanto bhai is not 30 or older, he is actually in my cousin's batch where they studied together in the cantonment high school and college and went to bksp together, and they are best friends and they still hang out sometimes even today. And I know him personally as well, my cousin is actually 28, and he is not my "dur shomporker" cousin but my first cousin (khalato bhai), so lets put an end to speculation about the age of shanto bhai here. To me he is still young, and he has given up a lot of things for cricket. I think he is one of the best pace bowlers Bangladesh has ever produced, his action is very smooth and he bowls very regularly at 130 kms and has very good outswingers. It's just ridiculous how some people can say that he is 30 and that he should stop playing and things like that.
tanvir, your shanto bhai is only EIGHT years old..he was born during the year 1997 ..June 03, 1997.and amazingly he managed to play in the asia cup held in srilanka on that vary year.(wondering why the statisticians failed to recognise this awesome record..certainly they were biased to bd achivements @ that time too)

can't believe?

Have a look here..then
Old September 9, 2005, 01:30 PM
Test Cricketer

look guys dont act like snobs.
i dont agree that shanto should be called back.
but be fare to the man.
he is not that old. he is 28.
he played the last odi against india last winter.
and he is one of the fittest guys around.
Old September 11, 2005, 02:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally posted by guy_zin
tanvir, your shanto bhai is only EIGHT years old..he was born during the year 1997 ..June 03, 1997.and amazingly he managed to play in the asia cup held in srilanka on that vary year.(wondering why the statisticians failed to recognise this awesome record..certainly they were biased to bd achivements @ that time too)

can't believe?

Have a look here..then
Awesome link and they made a new born baby to make debut against MCC!
Old September 11, 2005, 06:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Think about the situation now, wheren we dont have any experience pace bowler in the squad! everybody is injured.....Call Shanto or Manjurul the left hand bowler....
Anyways ..all the best to the fresh blood pace attack.......
Go ahead!
Old September 11, 2005, 09:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Manjurul might not be too bad an idea instead of shahadat the immature and talha ineverdidanythingbutstillgetrecalls.

but shanto? you gotta be kidding me? many people remember him with respect because of his past contribution? why do you wanna destroy that?
Old September 11, 2005, 10:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

For some reason Team Management did not send any replacement for Tapash.Do we have any good bowlers from Under 19 or Developement squad? They can try from there if they are planning to send some one in near future.
Old September 11, 2005, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

We Had this argument before!
Old September 11, 2005, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
We Had this argument before!
wow! same guy posting the same thing over and over again...must be one heck of a shanto fan!
Old September 12, 2005, 12:05 AM
Test Cricketer

masrafee and taposh are our main two pacers. but i think syed rasell is just as good as taposh he just needs some time, i think within time he will be better then taposh. nazmul is also a good odi bowler. shahadat has great potential, he just had a bad test debut (remind you that was against the best team in the world). talha jubair was a good test bowler but after the injury he lost his form. but i think he is coming back to his old self again. anwar seems to be an okay bowler also. i saw him bowl in england and to me i thought he was as good as taposh. he got good line and length. but he failed to take wicket. other then them, we have shafek al jubair in u-19 squad. he is a big left hander and with the right care he can lead our pace attack in the future also. besides these guys we dont have any players at this time who may be considered for the national team . and out of all those guys only masrafee is a test level bowler. so yeah our bowling attack is pretty week because we dont have any depth in bowling attack. and as far as shanto goes, he is done. he played his last match. i just dont know why he is even being mentioned for the national team. he was a good bowler and the key word is WAS.
Old September 18, 2005, 02:42 PM
Club Cricketer

tomare koiche, tumi beshi jano.....kidding
Old September 18, 2005, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Its also time to call back AThar ALi. He is solid opener also he can bowl medium pace. SO, we can play one pacer and 3 spinners.