facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 13, 2013, 10:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Shahadat's problems was that he lacked a cricket brain, became big headed and therefore got soft and lazy.

Abul's poor bowling mainly comes from lack of experience at the professional level. As long as he works hard and doesn't become big headed and keeps learning from mistakes, he can become a good pacer for us. Time will tell.
Hopefully mash will mentor him.

Old November 17, 2013, 11:15 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

From Prothom-alo:

Old November 26, 2014, 01:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Abul is back.....
Old November 26, 2014, 01:51 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Abul is back.....
So is MoC
Old November 26, 2014, 01:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ @Nadim I am around but don't have the energy like I once had. Beside I am crap at writing about cricket. My one liners is better served in other social media.
Old November 26, 2014, 01:56 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

btw he is yet to pick up an odi wicket. 3 matches, 14 overs and gave away 106 runs
Old November 26, 2014, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Three matches, Nadim, is too little a sample to form a decisive judgement. We know he is capable of getting wickets in our dead pitches. Bowls regularly around 135k. Now, add bouncy and green pitches to that equation.

He might have been expensive in those 3 ODIs for a number of reasons. But, we know he has been a wicket taker right from his U19 days. He is a much better and powerful bat than someone like Zia. Abul fits right in as a pacer who can bat quite competently. Let us just watch and see how it pans out anyway.
Old November 26, 2014, 09:46 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Is there anyone worse than Abul in terms of bowling stats? First class bowling average of 82! I thought he took some wickets recently against our domestic Tendulkars! Tar poreo 82?

Then again, Zimbabwe might just make him the new Wasim
Old November 26, 2014, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

While his bowling stats are not up to the mark, the kid does have some potential with the ball, a lot of People in BC went gaga over his bowling in a BPL session in 2012 if i am not mistaken. He needs to work with Heath Streak.
Old November 26, 2014, 10:28 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
a lot of People in BC went gaga over his bowling
Might just be BCF. I heard he is also a Lady gaga fan.
Old November 26, 2014, 10:43 PM
Cricket Guru

But can't just pick on talent when the player has a bad domestic record as well. I mean he has a poor record in every format, he has talent but if a player is struggling with wickets and economy in every format then they've obviously got a lot of work to do and although I think in BD's situation some players need to be developed at the international level, those players are ones that have excelled in every level on the way up and who also perform at least reasonably well in their international opportunities.

Abul's talent is evident but the best thing he has done in his career is that century, he's a fast bowler first and has to be consistent with his bowling to be considered imo. He really has struggled to take wickets, that's the main problem.
Old November 26, 2014, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
But can't just pick on talent when the player has a bad domestic record as well. I mean he has a poor record in every format, he has talent but if a player is struggling with wickets and economy in every format then they've obviously got a lot of work to do and although I think in BD's situation some players need to be developed at the international level, those players are ones that have excelled in every level on the way up and who also perform at least reasonably well in their international opportunities.

Abul's talent is evident but the best thing he has done in his career is that century, he's a fast bowler first and has to be consistent with his bowling to be considered imo. He really has struggled to take wickets, that's the main problem.
Hear hear. This is the fact some people need to consider. We are not missing out on another Sobers by any means.
Old November 27, 2014, 12:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Is there anyone worse than Abul in terms of bowling stats? First class bowling average of 82! I thought he took some wickets recently against our domestic Tendulkars! Tar poreo 82?

Banglar ak Amoler Bradman and notun amoler Wasim er luck bhalo
Old November 27, 2014, 11:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Banglar ak Amoler Bradman and notun amoler Wasim er luck bhalo
If I am not mistaken, he played 4 matches in the current DPL and didn't get a single wicket in 3 matches. Someone who is not capable of getting wicket in the domestic league, he is considering for the national team.
Old November 27, 2014, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor

Hey! Jadukors! Leave them Abuls alone!

As for "Lady" Gaga...Lord have Mercy! That sister is a mess. Dancing with the devil will eventually consume her. She better come out of it.

Adele, Birdy is more my "cuppa" pop. I actually got introduced to Adele by my 7 year old nephew.
Old November 27, 2014, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by r56hg
If I am not mistaken, he played 4 matches in the current DPL and didn't get a single wicket in 3 matches. Someone who is not capable of getting wicket in the domestic league, he is considering for the national team.
Yeah, he just came off a twelve months long lay-off. But, nice to see you, though.
Old November 27, 2014, 01:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Abul took 5 wickets so far this DPL but one of the matches he took all 5 wickets and that too against Abahani whose arguably the best team in the DPL. His average was a 23 and econ rate a 4.32. He didn't bowl much initially but increasingly had more of a workload.
Old November 27, 2014, 03:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Abul took 5 wickets so far this DPL but one of the matches he took all 5 wickets and that too against Abahani whose arguably the best team in the DPL. His average was a 23 and econ rate a 4.32. He didn't bowl much initially but increasingly had more of a workload.
That shows his potential but also his inconsistency. Just like his record so far. In terms of potential and records I do believe others also deserve chances if abul does, guys like kamel who can also apparently bowl around 140kph, have better domestic records but are yet to be given chances, subashis roy could be given chances.

With such a long lay off, poor record before the lay off and inconsistency since his return (which in itself is only a few matches old) should he really be playing for the national team right now? Not only are others more deserving at current time but doesn't it risk his health as it hasn't been enough matches yet to really know how he's going after his injury, and wouldn't want him injured like that again. Plus the pacers have been doing fine this series so I don't think eyes a need to risk abul getting injured again or playing a new guy when the others aren't that experienced anyway.

When I first saw him bowl I thought he was a really good find, hopefully he isn't coming back to soon and is ready to step up and perform consistently.
Old November 27, 2014, 04:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Abul should play because of his lower order hitting. Angelo Matthews is a **** bowler but he's in the side as an all rounder cuz he can still bowl 5-7 overs, 12-15 in tests and is the teams best batsman.

Nasir, Sabbir, Abul at 6-8 could turn our limited overs complexion around completely.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 27, 2014, 04:12 PM
Banned

Haters going to hate! keep going Abul Hasan! His young and has Potential!

Lets be fair, Has Raju bowled in a Pacy wicket yet? He is more of a pace/speed bowler.

Both Rubel and Abul (Imagine hitting 140kph+ consistently) could be deadly on Australian wickets.
Old November 27, 2014, 04:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Abul should play because of his lower order hitting. Angelo Matthews is a **** bowler but he's in the side as an all rounder cuz he can still bowl 5-7 overs, 12-15 in tests and is the teams best batsman.

Nasir, Sabbir, Abul at 6-8 could turn our limited overs complexion around completely.
Mathews is a genuine bat though, and performs with it consistently, I think his bowling has been affected by injuries, he's always been looked at as an all rounder, abul was always seen as a bowler until he got that century.
Old November 27, 2014, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Abul! Abul! Asif! Asif!

Tara je ja boluk bhai mor Abul Asif Hasan chai!

On a furious note, if Abul is fit then he should definitely be picked for the WC. We still have about two months to get him match-fit. We don't really need a proper bat like Mathews batting at 8. A quick 20 or 30 from Abul would do wonderfully well. He is more than capable of this. Lets see how he bowls in the last two matches to have a better idea.
Old November 27, 2014, 05:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Mathews is a genuine bat though, and performs with it consistently, I think his bowling has been affected by injuries, he's always been looked at as an all rounder, abul was always seen as a bowler until he got that century.
Yeah but Abul can be used as a 4th seamer and only needs to get us 20-30 runs.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 27, 2014, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Unless there are no spinners and the team is playing a 4 man pace attack then the 4th seamer needs to be the all rounder in the team, not sure abul has done enough as a batsman to be considered an all rounder yet, he's struggled enough to bowl well as well.
Old November 28, 2014, 12:16 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

So Abul koi wkt nilo ar koi run korlo?