facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2005, 11:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hey Sham! Please dont be sorry, i totally get your point, its perfectly fine to have some discussion about the selection policy and ideas,,afterall what else can we do except for that and beside it keeps the forum running but it can sound quite silly when we start getting too critical about trivial stuff. Dont u think we gotta leave some of it to those who r in charge?

Old April 4, 2005, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubayed
Dont u think we gotta leave some of it to those who r in charge?
Rubayed, the point I was trying to make was, we have to leave all of it to those who are in charge. Just because we use the BC forums to argue about Bangladesh cricket does not mean that we have some illusion of grandeur relating to what we write actually making a darned bit of difference in the end. But, we are fans and we do what fans do! Sometimes the arguments get heated and sometimes it looks silly. Thats just how it is. In the end, we all know that all of it is arguing for the sake of arguing and none of it will actually matter. If the selectors/Whatmore decided to pick Shanto and Shahzada as our two front-line seamers, could we really do anything about it? No, but we are going to come here and vent some anger, thats for sure!
Old April 4, 2005, 01:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

six batsman, 3 seamers, 1 spinners.. that is the order since we will be playing early in the season...

the same point i have been making ( ieven mentioned about ALL the touring teams since 1984......and their composition of the team to make my point..) as there was some (in fact many ) calls for having sujon and rana.. i have doubt whether enamul can make to the eleven..mind u he has 3 consecutive 5 wickets..

so, Pilot fan and others: You are spot on...

so only two spots are who will be nafees's paertner (abir or JO) and who will be at number 6 (i will give it to Aftab)...Shahadat should be the third seamer...
Old April 4, 2005, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree. I don't think Aftab's place is in doubt though. The only two questions left in my mind at this point are the second openers slot and the third seamer as you said and I'll make my mind up after Fenner's.
Old April 4, 2005, 02:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Price, I suspect, have not played many test matches in england... NZ has also not played 5 test series in years.. so may be it is worthhile to look at english bowlers in all first class matches.. Eddie Hemmings
and Phil edmonds are only other noted SLA

but what is the point?? it is almost a proven fact that in the early season there will be nothing for the spinners..

by the way, what about underwood??? he once killed australia almost in a session in Oval....pitch was wet..
Old April 4, 2005, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, but don't forget, Underwood used to come off almost a seamer's run-up and bowl quickish and flat rather than slow and loopy like Enamul. Anyway, I think the selectors will go with three seamers, unless one of the spinners other than Rafique does something extraordinary in the warm-ups which I don't foresee!
Old April 4, 2005, 03:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

>>> Eddie Hemmings and Phil edmonds are only other noted SLA

I think Eddie Hemmings was an right arm off sppinner.
Old April 4, 2005, 05:56 AM
Club Cricketer

Have you read this ? Hope, our batsmen will prove otherwise.

They cannot be blamed for staging two Tests and three internationals against Bangladesh because it was an Asian-dominated ICC which demanded their participation. The two early-season Tests will be hopeless mis-matches. Bangladesh's batsmen have been inadequate on their own pitches where the ball doesn't move. When it is swinging and seaming at Lord's and Chester-le-Street they will struggle to make 150.

http://www.sport.telegraph.co.uk/spo...3/ixsport.html
Old April 4, 2005, 06:30 AM
Retired BC Admin

hehehe, certain camps of those media are well known for staging such cry. I don't blame them though - it feeds the wishful minds in every way it can. It's all business as usual, I guess.
Old April 4, 2005, 11:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Some of your guys think that taking 2 or 3 spinners is a bad idea, because of the English seaming conditions.
My question is this:
Shouldn't we select a squad to our strength?
Our bowling strength is our left-arm orthodox spinners and English players somewhat have a weakness for those sort of bowlers. Look at their spinners in the past decades- Illingworth, Tufnell and Giles are all LA Ortho Spinners and they were permanent in their squads.
Also our seamers have to use the conditions of the pitch- the slanting of the pitch in a common phenomenon in practically all the grounds- especially Lords.
But i'm more worried about our batters than anything. So lets hope we perfrom well and don't lose the confidence we have build up so far.
Old April 4, 2005, 11:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

price plays for warwickshire under the kopack ruleing
Old April 4, 2005, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Bangladesh's batsmen have been inadequate on their own pitches where the ball doesn't move. When it is swinging and seaming at Lord's and Chester-le-Street they will struggle to make 150.
isn't that true though? i mean honestly i don't see our batters making a decent show unless they perform beyond their capabilities, let alone according to. maybe not 150, but below 200 in tests is a big possibility.
Old April 4, 2005, 11:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
Rubayed, the point I was trying to make was, we have to leave all of it to those who are in charge. Just because we use the BC forums to argue about Bangladesh cricket does not mean that we have some illusion of grandeur relating to what we write actually making a darned bit of difference in the end. But, we are fans and we do what fans do! Sometimes the arguments get heated and sometimes it looks silly. Thats just how it is. In the end, we all know that all of it is arguing for the sake of arguing and none of it will actually matter. If the selectors/Whatmore decided to pick Shanto and Shahzada as our two front-line seamers, could we really do anything about it? No, but we are going to come here and vent some anger, thats for sure!
I get your point Sham and i agree with u! Cheers!
Old April 4, 2005, 02:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

sports fan bad,

thanks.. my mistake.. both embury and Hemmings was right arm..
Old May 5, 2005, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Hey Sham (or Rob), can u pls tell me more about Giles?

You (Sham) are saying he is flat, but I thought he uses lots of flight and looping in his bowling.
Old May 5, 2005, 02:28 AM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Akram Khan (The former captain of BD team) said in the news don't think about the conditions think about the team you play . That's a good thing to think now just think who we are playing with if we can do that then conditions is not a problem at all .

http://www.jugantor.com/demo/index.p...469d04331e1bab

Edited on, May 5, 2005, 7:32 AM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old May 5, 2005, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Akram is expecting dry wickets in May-June. That shows his ignorance about difference in early and late English summer conditions. No disrespect to him, but I won't listen to a person with so little international experience.

Edited on, May 5, 2005, 7:57 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old May 5, 2005, 03:52 AM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

The better thing to do against Australia in odi's just bat full 50 overs there is no chance to win against the world champs but atleast we don't expect to see our team get bowled out to them . Just play 50 overs doesn't really matter what runs we get after 50 overs but on the otherhand just don't throw the match away we do need a good fight indeed .
Old May 5, 2005, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Akram is expecting dry wickets in May-June. That shows his ignorance about difference in early and late English summer conditions. No disrespect to him, but I won't listen to a person with so little international experience.

Edited on, May 5, 2005, 7:57 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.

after all for him we are actually upto here now. and i dont think you can disagree with that.
Old May 5, 2005, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
The better thing to do against Australia in odi's just bat full 50 overs there is no chance to win against the world champs but atleast we don't expect to see our team get bowled out to them . Just play 50 overs doesn't really matter what runs we get after 50 overs but on the otherhand just don't throw the match away we do need a good fight indeed .
yes if we can do that. that will be really great. that will be infact pretty respectable. and if they chase us then our target should atleast be to make them play 40+ overs. i dont think we should let them win in less than 25 overs. that will not be a good fight then.
Old May 5, 2005, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Last year New Zealand toured England at the same time period (May-July). Even though they lost all three tests comprehensively, a plenty of runs were also being scored in three test. Akram's comment about dry wickets in May-June is not totally vague.

New Zealand in England 2004
Old May 5, 2005, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

thank you for defending akram khan navarene bhai. akram khan hoito tini aktu mota tobe tar buddhi kintu oto mota bole ami mone kori na.
Old May 5, 2005, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Navarene, you may be right. But, keep in mind that Kiwis are lot better players of fast pitches than us. Pls check out how full strength Zimbos did during the same period of the year in same venues we are going to play-

1st Test in Lord's
2nd Test in Riverside

Edited on, May 7, 2005, 9:06 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old May 5, 2005, 05:59 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Player like "Dion Nash" in the British University but we have to Worry about "Graem Hick" from worchestershire and "Geriant Jones" from kent also have "Kabir Ali" and "Andrew Hall" in worchestershire . Those are all top class players . The team British uni having it looks like very weak and Worchestershire is very strong . Also who are the star palyers in Sussex and Northamptonshire in included in England squad for the Series this year ?

Edited on, May 5, 2005, 11:16 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old May 5, 2005, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

no problem for kabir ali. we will have some jutar kali. andrew hall ke amra porikkhar hall a pathay dibo.