facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 4, 2005, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Is Rajib quick enough to intimidate the opposition? Prince claims that Mashrafe is still the quickest. And even if we disregard that and say Rajib is quicker, how quick is he really? Will a team that has Harmison amongst its own ranks and have played Brett Lee and Ntini regularly start crapping their pants at the sight of Shahadat Hussain Rajib? Lets hope so but its a little unrealistic isn't it?

Old May 4, 2005, 03:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Hopefully he is the fastest by a fair bit. We'll see what the speed guns say. Yes, they've faced Brett Lee before, but it doesn't make it any easier facing brett lee again. Aussies have their ammo, we need to have ours.

Sham, just agree with us! Hehe, nah its all good.
Old May 4, 2005, 03:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Honestly, I'm saying all these good things about rajib. But if he flops then all of you guys will come with "lat-his" ready to beat me up. Ishhi-re ammur lat-hi

Edited on, May 4, 2005, 8:32 AM GMT, by aosaif.
Old May 4, 2005, 03:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Nah, we are all on the same boat with this one, no one is going to beat you up. We all want Rajib to do well. I am just trying to temper the expectations a little. Maybe McInnes can tell us how quick he really is compared to Mashrafe. I will be surprised if he does turn out to be considerably quicker.

Edited on, May 4, 2005, 8:46 AM GMT, by Sham.
Old May 4, 2005, 04:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

I would also have Rajib ahead of Monir and Talha anyday of the week.

I spoke to Rajib in England last year, and i said to him we would love to see Mashrafe and yourself bowl together in the same team. He replied yes i would like to bowl with Masrafe in tandem.

Personally i think it will bring the best out of Rajib if he bowls with Mashrafe in the same side. Bangladesh have nothing to lose so why not bowl with some aggression and light up everybody's eyes.

Come on boys let's give the English some good old CHIN MUSIC!!!
Old May 4, 2005, 04:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Yeh expectations should definitely not get inflated. Hopes always will be though.

If rajib does something extraordinary than I'm gonna call him "beshi jhal", vis-a-vis TOO HOT.

but if he does badly I'll call him "tahnda jhal"
Old May 4, 2005, 04:30 AM
Test Cricketer

I think rajib played pretty well against NZ when they played a practice match against BCB XI
Old May 4, 2005, 04:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Question:

Would it have been better to play a triangular series with Australia and England or play 4-day matches against various county selections after the test series? That's what Zimbabwe did when they went to England
Old May 4, 2005, 09:22 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I'd say, keep mashrafee and taposh out of the practice matches, and play the other 3. pick the best performer. give mashrafee and taposh only one practice matches each just for the heck of practice.

leave nafis iqbal out of the practice matches and let abir and golla play them. pick the best performer. but again, give nafis at least one match to get the rusts broken on his hand.
Old May 4, 2005, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

All the players who play in the Tests should get a couple of games. I think for the warm-up game right before the first Test, we should try to pick a team as close to the final XI as possible. Mashrafe will probably be fine with one game, but the rest should atleast get two.

As for Nafis, he should get all three games I think. He is the most short of match practice and needs to spend time out in the middle. One match is unlikely to do it, unless he plays a really big innings.

Basically, the batsmen should all get a couple of games atleast. In the first game against British Universities, I would play Nafees and Javed opening and Abir at three and sit Sumon out. He doesnt need to play that game, he can come back for the two county games. Then have Ashraful, Rajin, Aftab, Mushfiq and possibly all the reserve bowlers: Enamul, Monir, Rajib and Talha.

Then bring back both Mashrafe and Tapash for the second game. For the third, either or both of them can play if they feel they need another work out, which I am sure atleast one of them will.

So the bowling attacks could be:

First game:

Enamul
Rajib
Talha
Monir

Second game:

Mashrafe
Taposh
Monir
Rafique

Third game:

Taposh
Rajib
Talha
Rafique
Old May 5, 2005, 03:08 AM
BC Editorial Team

spot on sham - your team suggestions i.e. I still say Rajib crashes one into Thorpies ribs in the 1st test
Old May 5, 2005, 03:14 AM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Let's play both in the test matches Enamul and Rafique and 3 pacers Rajib,Mashrafe and Tapsh just find a new openning combination try Rajin with Nafis , that won't be easy in the tests . Someone has to give up . It could be Rajib or Enamul .
Old May 5, 2005, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

It would be interesting wouldnt it if the bowling line-ups turn out to be similar to the ones I put up and the third and last warm-up game is a head-to-head fight for the third seamers spot between Talha and Rajib! That should bring the best out of both of them!
Old May 5, 2005, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I think that Bangladesh should take those pre test county matches seriously and give the best effort to win both the matches. Considering the fact that Bangladesh have a slim chance even to draw any of the two tests against the opponent who ranks second in Test, at least winning the two county matches will shut the critique that always goes as "Bangladesh is not capable of beating an english county team or even a Ranji Trophy team for that matter".
Old May 5, 2005, 01:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Whether or not Shahadat plays in the Test(s) will depend entirely on how he performs in the warm-up matches. If you read Whatmore's comments in today's news piece carefully, he says:

"Out of the three (newcomers) I want to give the pacer (Shahadat Hussain Rajib) and left-handed batsman (Shariar Nafis Ahmed) every opportunity to press their claim for a position in the Test squad," the coach said.

I translate this to mean that if he is sufficiently effective in the warm-up matches, he gets a place in one or both tests. Of course, we still need to figure out what amounts to "sufficiently effective".
Old May 5, 2005, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by deshibhai

I translate this to mean that if he is sufficiently effective in the warm-up matches, he gets a place in one or both tests. Of course, we still need to figure out what amounts to "sufficiently effective".
I think it will be a subjective test and rightfully so. I don't think after the warm-ups, if Talha has 6 wickets and Rajib 4, Talha should get in or if vice versa, Rajib should get in. In one or two matches, the statistics aren't as important as seeing up-front who is giving the batsmen most trouble, who is hitting the right line and length in English conditions etc. There is also the questin of which of the bowlers have learnt the fastest out on the field. One of them might start off poorly but get better and better the more he bowls, but this will not be reflected in the statistics, when you see the end of the match bowling figures. So, there is no way to quantify sufficient effectiveness. Whoever the coach and captain feels will be most potent should be picked!
Old May 5, 2005, 02:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
Whoever the coach and captain feels will be most potent should be picked!
True..
I think it's not just performance or previous record that plays a role. At the end... there sure is a high degree of 'Intution' coming to count...
Old May 5, 2005, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

eta oboshho kintu apni thiki bolechen. shob kothar shesh kotha kintu coach ebong captain. koron hoito dekha jabe je hotat kore kono akta practice match a keo oshhabhabik bhalo khello kintu tar mane kintu ai noi je she ashol match eo bhalo korbe. udaharon kintu amra jani alamgir kabir. oshhabhabik noipunno kintu tini dekhiyechen practice matchgulote. kintu ashol match a eshe kintu take ar khuje pawa jeto na. dannabad.