facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 3, 2005, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Default DS Report: It\'s Rahim\'s turn to prove

Like everyone, young wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim was also surprised when the national selectors included him in the 16-member Test squad for Tigers' first full series in England later this month.

Rahim was in Australia with the Under-19 team when the Faruque Ahmed-led selection panel picked the Bogra stumper for the demanding tour from outside the 20 probables. ...

Source: Daily Star

Old May 3, 2005, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Pilot:
Quote:
"It is always nice to see someone as a contender because its helps to improve your own performance. I think it was a timely decision to add an additional wicketkeeper in the squad. I am relishing the prospect of a challenge from him," he said.
Nicely said I must admit.
Old May 3, 2005, 01:35 PM
Banned

That's a very professional statement. Actually, its more Australian sounding.

Good man you are, Pilot.
Old May 3, 2005, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

did he say "relishing" . Oh man of chutzpah.
Old May 3, 2005, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

What?????
Is Mushfiq from Bogra? Cant believe it.
Old May 3, 2005, 04:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Khaled Mashud to me always looked like a complete cricketer in the context of BD cricket, not only on the ground but also off the ground. The way he shoulders responsibility in the time of crisis is adorable, his consistancy both as WK and batsman and as a cheer leader in the field is very rare. However, I don't know what happened during the last WC when he was captaining the team and how far of what we hear was true, I have my doubts, anyway, he surely is an assest for the team and the way he reacted at young Mushfiq's inclusion in the team is praiseworthy. Hope Mushfiq and other's learn a thing or two from him.
Old May 3, 2005, 06:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer
Khaled Mashud to me always looked like a complete cricketer in the context of BD cricket, not only on the ground but also off the ground. The way he shoulders responsibility in the time of crisis is adorable, his consistancy both as WK and batsman and as a cheer leader in the field is very rare. However, I don't know what happened during the last WC when he was captaining the team and how far of what we hear was true, I have my doubts, anyway, he surely is an assest for the team and the way he reacted at young Mushfiq's inclusion in the team is praiseworthy. Hope Mushfiq and other's learn a thing or two from him.
Took the words right out of my mouth
Old May 3, 2005, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

well what happened during the time of captaincy of pilot i think is just not pilots fault only. there are other people to be blamed too. i heard pilot had some attitude problems. but i know that the team management was not also doing great to solve that too. which backfired everything.
Old May 3, 2005, 07:54 PM
Test Cricketer

I'm guessing the coach sucked and pilot was frustrated because his team just weren't giving what he expected of them.
Old May 3, 2005, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
I'm guessing the coach sucked and pilot was frustrated because his team just weren't giving what he expected of them.
that might be the case too. but i heard his behavior in the field with the players were not so friendly. this changed after shujon came. chacha brought back the friendly atmosphere which used to be in the team during akram khan's captaincy. and bashar is doing great too. amar kintu mone hoi akhon kintu doler moddhe shobar moddeh kintu akta friendly bhab royeche bole ami mone kori. dannabad.
Old May 3, 2005, 11:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The way he shoulders responsibility in the time of crisis is adorable,

Ummm, what?
Old May 4, 2005, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Although I agree Pilot gets 100% on his effort, but still he has the ability to average above 25 in test cricket before he retires. And about Rahim, lets hope he gets a lot of experience in the forthcoming tour.
Old May 4, 2005, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

yes even if mushfiq doesnt get to play in this tour, he will gain a lot of experience from being in the team. atleast when carrying the towels, coach is going to be giving him tips to tell the batsman on the field, and he can learn those too. and i am sure pilot is just going to be happy to help him.
Old May 4, 2005, 01:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Khaled Mashud to me always looked like a complete cricketer in the context of BD cricket, not only on the ground but also off the ground.
His behavior in one of NCL 4-day matches was not very good. Previously he got into trouble ones with McInness also. Though I admire him and like him a lot, he is also a bit 'pagla' type, like Rafiq.

But, anyway, he is a fine cricketer in out team.
Old May 4, 2005, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

rafiq is pagla but his paglaness makes him unique. lol.