facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 2, 2005, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Shamsur Rahman got a bad deal!

Shamsur Rahman, Nafees and Mushfiqur Rahim have played together in Zimbabwe and they also toured England last year. Never mind the scorecards which compare favourable with other U-19 batsmen. In terms of talent he may even be better than Nafees and Mushfiqur. Yeah it is a great idea to bring along and groom a southpaw as a rookie but they could have squeezed in Shamsur who i am sure would have performed better than his 2 other competitors.

I can't help but feel sorry for Shamsur.

Edited on, May 2, 2005, 3:49 PM GMT, by oracle.

Old May 2, 2005, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

You could say that. Unluckily for him, he is a middle order bat and right now there are no vacancies. S. Nafees is an opener and is taken as a cover for Javed Omar who in my mind is awaiting retirement from intl cricket. Also, he is a much needed lefty in our batting line-up. Rahim, by virtue of being a wkt keeper , simmilarly has been taken as a cover for Pilot. Though Pilot's retirement is not imminent, selectors are right to appoint a successor for him who can be groomed under his tutelage. Wkt keeping is a tricky business and gathering experience is vital.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
Shamsur Rahman, Nafees and Mushfiqur Rahim have played together in Zimbabwe and they also toured England last year. Never mind the scorecards which compare favourable with other U-19 batsmen. In terms of talent he may even be better than Nafees and Mushfiqur. Yeah it is a great idea to bring along and groom a southpaw as a rookie but they could have squeezed in Shamsur who i am sure would have performed better than his 2 other competitors.

I can't help but feel sorry for Shamsur.

Edited on, May 2, 2005, 3:49 PM GMT, by oracle.
Don't worry about him. Those kids were more consistant and deserve it more than him at this point.

Remember, Michael Jordan didn't make his High School team at age 15. As coach McInnes said - He is the ONE. We need to keep him hungry to be better and always train him under good coaches.

Poor farmer can't spoil his gifted child who could have been a doctor.
Old May 2, 2005, 03:50 PM
Test Cricketer

true, but then again, its not the end of the world for him. his whole career is ahead of him. not every youngster can enter the nat'l team at the same time. as beamer said, nafees got his chance for being an opener and mushfiq for being a w/keeper. best of luck to shamsur.
Old May 2, 2005, 06:29 PM
Test Cricketer

i am a big fan of shamsu rahman. i dont think he should come to the team rightnow. they should sent him to a-team and see how he performs. i think he will have to compete with rajin saleh for the spot.
Old May 2, 2005, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

shamsur rahman is our future star thats for sure..... just give him some time to mature.....
Old May 2, 2005, 08:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Im not sure that I think that Shamsur Rahman is a lot younger than his teammates and if it is so then I think that he needs a few more games at non-international level for him to gain experience. After that... unleash the tiger...
Old May 2, 2005, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
amar kintu mone hoi je A team ar shathe shasur rahman ke pathano uchit. asha korbo shekhane tini tar nam rakhbe shokkhom hoben. ebong je kotha na bollai noi shesh matchtiteo tini kintu century hakiyechen. run kintu tini korechen 108. dannabad.
Old May 2, 2005, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Forum Khodabox bhai, apni sob somoy "jaihok" diye suru ar "dannabad" diye shesh koren keno
Old May 2, 2005, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Forum Khodabox bhai, apni sob somoy "jaihok" diye suru ar "dannabad" diye shesh koren keno
jaihok,
prosno jokhon apni amake korechen tokhon uttor kintu amakai dite hobe. chithi lekhar shomoye jemon manush shuru kore 'prio' kingba 'dear' diye, temni ami jaihok diye shuru kori. ar chithi likhar sheshe manush jemon likhe 'iti' kingba 'yours sincerely' ami temon likhi dannabad. ami khali aktu onno rokom kore lekhar cheshta kore thaki. after all shobai to faltu hote pare na. ki bolen? dannabad.
Old May 2, 2005, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

He is a year younger than those 2 so i think they are going to groom him up for another year so he will be a superstar.
Old May 2, 2005, 10:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Tendulkar started playing test at 16+. Ash played at 17 +.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:06 PM
Test Cricketer

well tandukar was an exception. ashraful came at 17 because at that time the selectors started putting all 17-18 yrs old in the senior team. thats why we use to do so bad. well now i think the team is much more stable then before so shamsu rahman needs to wait a little longer. and he has some competition in teh team rightnow.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

some player needs sometime before they are ready for the big stage...others may start as early as 16.... i think for bd...shamsur rahman is too valuable...and we dun wana risk another good talent like him by putting him in the middle before he is ready....
Old May 2, 2005, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

exactly. its not that we dont have any batsman rite now. we already have our top and middle order pretty set and stable. so i dont think there is any need of bringing someone so young like shamsu. he has his whole future infront of him. if he does well in a team he will come to the national team for sure one day.

for some reason i forgot whose idea was to play ashraful in the team in the first place. can anyone tell me that. thank you.
Old May 4, 2005, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

He is only 17yrs old. What's the rush? Let him enjoy playing some good cricket before u throw him in front of big guns. In my opinion, unless he forces his way into the national team with some exceptional performences, wait two more yrs before bringing him in, i.e. after next world cup when Bashar retires.