facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 4, 2012, 07:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
Lol well said, loved the imagery

I'm not that impressed with narine-he bowled well against punjab but other than that he's been a "One wicket pony" in the other matches. Add to that when his novelty factor wears off and he faces a guy with a big reach like KP, he'll struggle. Punjab hung back against him which is why they couldn't smother the turn.

Anyway watching KKR or Pune lose is now deeply satisfying
The Grape is sour..lol

Old May 4, 2012, 08:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
The Grape is sour..lol
That's your take-all the grapes I've had have been sweet
From my experience playing and watching, I think Narine will struggle against guys who use their feet or have a big reach. Other than that 5 wicket haul if you saw narine got the other wickets most were either in the last over where the batsmen are simply going crazy with no regard for their wicket

Mendis was a far more talented bowler than narine and even he faded out. Fact is from a spinners point of view at a professional level variations in flight and pace are far more important in getng wickets than massively turning googlies and whatnot
Old May 4, 2012, 10:28 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
From my experience playing and watching, I think Narine will struggle against guys who use their feet or have a big reach. Other than that 5 wicket haul if you saw narine got the other wickets most were either in the last over where the batsmen are simply going crazy with no regard for their wicket

Mendis was a far more talented bowler than narine and even he faded out. Fact is from a spinners point of view at a professional level variations in flight and pace are far more important in getng wickets than massively turning googlies and whatnot
well said..:-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 5, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

In T20 its far more important to keep runs in check than get wickets. His economy rate is up there in the top 3 I think, Malinga is up there. He picks up wickets in the end because Gambhir saves him for the end because so far he has done an awesome job of keeping it tight. So it sense for the captain to save him for the end. Offcourse players go for slogs at the end, thats the number 1 reason every bowler picks up wicket at the end not just narine. Sure only time will tell wheather he is a one hit wonder or not but at least for now give him some credit.

I love Narine bowling action, there's just something about it that makes it nice to watch
Old May 5, 2012, 04:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
In T20 its far more important to keep runs in check than get wickets. His economy rate is up there in the top 3 I think, Malinga is up there. He picks up wickets in the end because Gambhir saves him for the end because so far he has done an awesome job of keeping it tight. So it sense for the captain to save him for the end. Offcourse players go for slogs at the end, thats the number 1 reason every bowler picks up wicket at the end not just narine. Sure only time will tell wheather he is a one hit wonder or not but at least for now give him some credit.

I love Narine bowling action, there's just something about it that makes it nice to watch
A bowler who takes wickets is vital in t20 cricket-the impact a wicket has with a new batsman coming in, taking a bit of time to get set as well the overall loss of momentum is often overlooked.

In fact many teams have started slow but with wickets in hand have been able to surge at the end-White and Sangakkara's partnership comes to mind, whereas in most IPL matches most teams who have lost 3 or 4 quick wickets have had to slow down and had not posted large totals.

Cricket is a game played in partnerships, not just batting but also bowling. Breaking partnerships are crucial and even a guy like ganguly who took the wicket of KP in the DD match, had he been slightly more expensive it would have been acceptable as had KP faced 30 more balls he would have only accelerated and in the long term a 30 bal 70 is more damaging than a 7 ball 20 (usually)

Narine undeoubtedly has a good economy rate and in t20 cricket like you said that is a valuabale asset but if that is the case he isn't really that much more special than any other bowler. I would rather have a guy who gives away 30 runs off 4 overs but takes a couple of wickets-of players who if set could potentially score another 50 or so off the last 3 overs off other bowlers. So from a personal point of view I watch a bowlers economy rate sure-but if that bowler isn't much of a partnership breaker then my respect diminishes significantly.

I think in a couple of years' time Narine will get tonked-but at this moment in time I think batsman are more scared of his media hyped "enigma" more than his actual ability. I'd like to see more batsman take up the attack to him and use their feet rather than hang back in their crease.Punjab that day were woeful tehnically, neither forward nor back, just playing from the crease combined with Narine bowling extremely well that day (credit's due where it's due). I was hoping D Hussey would face more of Narine- unfortunately our Shakib got to bowl more to him.

TIme will tell as you said
Old May 5, 2012, 04:49 AM

Remember Pathan?
He took 9 wickets in one innings against Bangladesh A, got selected in the India team, and two years later struggled to be in the squad...

Remember the dream start of Mendis?

T20 is not the standard to measure cricketing talent, let Narine play Test and ODI and then see...
Old May 5, 2012, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I hope we'll see Tam-Sha in the dug-out

ki he nekre.....aro asha rakho naki
Old May 5, 2012, 05:55 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
I hope we'll see Tam-Sha in the dug-out

ki he nekre.....aro asha rakho naki
Old May 5, 2012, 07:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Remember Pathan?
He took 9 wickets in one innings against Bangladesh A, got selected in the India team, and two years later struggled to be in the squad...

Remember the dream start of Mendis?

T20 is not the standard to measure cricketing talent, let Narine play Test and ODI and then see...
bhery rightly said
Old May 5, 2012, 07:45 AM
Test Cricketer

love the sig
Old May 5, 2012, 07:45 AM
Test Cricketer

There goes Robin
Old May 5, 2012, 11:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Once again narine was brilliant today, Even gangu who one of the best spin player who always use his feat, couldnt read him..at one point KKR was in a loosing position, but Narine brought them back...with this bowling line up KKR can take the title. So looks like Shak wont get any more games..unless kkr give Narine some rest...
Old May 5, 2012, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Once again narine was brilliant today, Even gangu who one of the best spin player who always use his feat, couldnt read him..at one point KKR was in a loosing position, but Narine brought them back...with this bowling line up KKR can take the title. So looks like Shak wont get any more games..unless kkr give Narine some rest...
Ok Narine is the best thing for them .. but what about Cullum and Kallis.. Shakib won`t get any game not because Narine is doing well but they just don`t want Shakib to play.. Gambhir prefers his deadweight players like Cullum, Kallis, YP over Shakib..
Old May 5, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Ok Narine is the best thing for them .. but what about Cullum and Kallis.. Shakib won`t get any game not because Narine is doing well but they just don`t want Shakib to play.. Gambhir prefers his deadweight players like Cullum, Kallis, YP over Shakib..
Old May 5, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

shakib has been awful with the bat in T20: last year in FPT20 he was miserable with the bat...and this year he get 3 opportunities but never clic on(his 16 against rajasthan was edgy )+kkr already has 2 spinners ( narine abdullah )
atleast shakib is getting some rest
Old May 6, 2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
shakib has been awful with the bat in T20: last year in FPT20 he was miserable with the bat...and this year he get 3 opportunities but never clic on(his 16 against rajasthan was edgy )+kkr already has 2 spinners ( narine abdullah )
atleast shakib is getting some rest
oh really?? His 6 and 4 was edgy?

Old May 6, 2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
yeah..narine was good but if you still consider 40 year old gangu as the best player of spin i dont know what should i say..

Old May 7, 2012, 08:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I think Shakib will play today as KKR will rest Narine. Because they don't want Warner and Sehwag used to him before both team meet again in semi-final.
Just a prediction.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:13 AM
Cricket Legend

^^match-er shomoii dekha jabe
Old May 7, 2012, 08:25 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I think Shakib will play today as KKR will rest Narine. Because they don't want Warner and Sehwag used to him before both team meet again in semi-final.
Just a prediction.
I don't think KKR is into that comfort zone yet. They have to confirm any of the first two slots first.

Meanwhile, I am eagerly waiting to see how Shewag and co handle Narine
Old May 7, 2012, 08:26 AM
MLC World Series I

I think otherwise, they will stick to Narine and try to stop Sehwag and cut down the lead at the top of the table, No Shakib. My prediction.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Narine isnt as dangerous as he is made to look. I would see how he fares against the likes of De Villiers , Sehwag , Dhoni etc .

He is no doubt a better version of Mendis but will be 'decoded' in the coming days.

Is it only me or does a KKR loss (without shakib) makes you as happy as a Bangladesh win ?
Old May 7, 2012, 08:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
^^match-er shomoii dekha jabe
Ei doroner Prediction tho matcher shomoy korle hobe na. Aghe korthe hoy.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Shakib to play today: MoC

Shakib not to play: fantasy master riankhan, maysun,zinatf
Old May 7, 2012, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Will not play!!