facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 26, 2010, 02:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Yes, he should be drafted in place of Sakib.
After all, both their names start with S.
Nobody would know the difference.

you didnt find anyone else besides shakib?

Old November 26, 2010, 02:19 PM
Banned

there is some people who is always against bringing new players in the squad. they opposed riad, kayes, shafiul,jahurul,tamim, junaed, shakib, rubel. after players start performing, they shut their mouth and start praising and act like nothing happened and they never said anything.
Old November 26, 2010, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

he can't be brought into the national team at such a young age unless he shows he is DOMINATING the domestic setup or A team or whatever level.

even after averaging 50+ or under 30, respectively, many domestic "bullies" in strong nations like India and Australia struggle at Test/ODI level.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 26, 2010, 02:52 PM
Cricket Sage

and than there are some people who keep nagging about brining new player into the team, and after they come and they suck. and than they start bashing those same player as if nothing happened and they never said anything.
Old November 26, 2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
and than there are some people who keep nagging about brining new player into the team, and after they come and they suck. and than they start bashing those same player as if nothing happened and they never said anything.

what do u suggest? no new players should be tried?

name some players who came and suck in last 2 years and got ousted from team 4ever.
Old November 26, 2010, 03:08 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

there is also some ppl who dont want 30 or over yrs old player in the team even after scoring runs for 3/4 seasons becoz they are so sure they wont develop thier game any further.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old November 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
there is also some ppl who dont want 30 or over yrs old player becoz they are so sure they wont develop thier game any further.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

agree. example: faisal Hossain dickens. no matter how he performs, they are not satisfied.
Old November 26, 2010, 03:14 PM
Cricket Sage

no I don't suggest no new player. But I suggest that players that we don't debut players that are not totally ready to handle the international scene. I think no one here disagrees with you that these guys are talented, probably more so than the bunch we have right now, and they all have a great future. but its probably best if we don't rush them, not just best for them, best for everybody. You tell me, what are the chances that someone like Shabbir or Hom will get drafted into the squad and then fail to live up to the expectations, and than get dropped. What would that do to their confidence? Just because the current players that we have are not up to the standard doesn't make sense for the us to ruin the future ones. And I already pointed out my case to you, look at Anamul/Hom/Shabbir List A average. They are not that consistent. They need to start converting the 30s to 50s, 50s to hundred. There are a lot of things left for them to learn even from our domestic circuit. and if these guys really are what everyone expects them to be than their turn will come in due time.
Old November 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

@bangladesh sy---- i agree some points with u. i am not saying, they should be immediately brought in main XI. whoever is playing for national team--i think at this moment they are in great form and showed against NZ and domestic too.
sabbir's average is not that bad, i think he is 40+, his under 19 world cup average is around 60+. he scored century in 4 day match and one day match, not too long ago. plus national team dont have any leg spinning allrounder. i think ODI and 20/20 he could be real asset.

but anamul is not even in BD academy squad. then how he can develop as a cricketer.i think age should not be a factor to select national team. misbah and hussey proved that.
Old November 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

If Tamim, Shakib manage to get chance in National team then this Guy also deserves too..I guess Sabbir's current record is much better than What Tamim, Shakib was having when they got selected..

But still I feel may be it's lil bit early for him to get in to the national team...but he can be a surprise package for WC
Old November 26, 2010, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
If Tamim, Shakib manage to get chance in National team then this Guy also deserves too..I guess Sabbir's current record is much better than What Tamim, Shakib was having when they got selected..

But still I feel may be it's lil bit early for him to get in to the national team...but he can be a surprise package for WC

like ur thinking
Old November 26, 2010, 03:53 PM
Banned

Any video on this guy
Old November 26, 2010, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

In this forum there are many threads '' the official everything about 'X' thread'' and all of these threads were opened after some g8 performances of those players.we all praise them when they play well i.e. After the tri-series at the beginning of this yr we praised riyad highly for him performance with the bat and said he should be batting higher in the batting order.blah blah. And now we r saying he should be replaced with hom and now may be with sabbir or with nasir!! That tri series was played only 11months ago !! Same thing happened with naeem after his herioc performance at the 5 th odi vs zm and hitting six 6's in an over in a domestic match and started calling him 'chokka naeem'.we even pointed our finger on shakib when he was going through a bad patch this yr and also called him overrated!!we are so impatient !!at the moment our team is at a steady state .we dont need any dramatic change.give the players lyk sabbir,nasir etc some tym.if they are good enough 2 play int cricket they will also perform for A team and in the domestic circuit coz one way or other we will bash them when they will b out of form.
Old November 26, 2010, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
agree. example: faisal Hossain dickens. no matter how he performs, they are not satisfied.
Even Misbah from pakistan at the age of 37 can play why not someone who deserves to play despite his age. I guess some members here think cricket is so easy that every new bunch will come and win us a victory. You need sometime some experienced one in your team as well, if they are qualify enough. You just don't dismiss their quality by their age. Then people like Mike Hussey never would have played this game for Australia today !!
Old November 26, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
can i get into the national team ?????
শুধু দরকার দুই ছক্কা আর বিসির সুতার প্যাচ ... ব্যাস হয়ে গেলো...।
Old November 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Even Misbah from pakistan at the age of 37 can play why not someone who deserves to play despite his age. I guess some members here think cricket is so easy that every new bunch will come and win us a victory. You need sometime some experienced one in your team as well, if they are qualify enough. You just don't dismiss their quality by their age. Then people like Mike Hussey never would have played this game for Australia today !!
Yeh we also have to see who is more successful and more prospective Umar Akmal/Mohammed Amir or Misbah?

Its all about taking chance. I remember when Yuvoraj singh and Mohammed Kaif came into scene, Wasim Akram said Both of them will be India's future. They both were for LONG TIME..one faded away one is still a star.
we have to stop losing the war in our head before we even show up and face the challenge.

Its not that we are sending KABADI players to play cricket. These players(shabbir/Nasir etc) have been playing cricket for LONG and they are mini professionals already.

Last edited by Umar; November 26, 2010 at 06:35 PM..
Old November 28, 2010, 11:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

to be honest he is the only one player who caught my eyes during the under-19 WC
Old November 28, 2010, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

in U-19 wc,

he scored the most runs for bangladesh & was placed 10th in the tournament. his avg of 51.75 was 11th best among hundreds of world's top u-19 cricketers
Old November 28, 2010, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

He hit 2 sixes against a mediocre bowler. Nothing to take away from him, none of the other guys could connect those mediocre bowlers. As great ATMR would say, they were classic sisy. He showed more guts then the whole team. And I expect that from someone who comes from U-19. They are trained to be harder.

But lets not go over board. If you do, then that's the best you are gonna get out of him. 2x 6. And I am sure we don't want that. He shouldn't be satisfied with it.
Old November 28, 2010, 02:21 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
He hit 2 sixes against a mediocre bowler. Nothing to take away from him, none of the other guys could connect those mediocre bowlers. As great ATMR would say, they were classic sisy. He showed more guts then the whole team. And I expect that from someone who comes from U-19. They are trained to be harder.

But lets not go over board. If you do, then that's the best you are gonna get out of him. 2x 6. And I am sure we don't want that. He shouldn't be satisfied with it.
its not just the sixes its the way he hit them..i felt some something at my heart there..this guy can be the one for the future..and i heard that he is also a leg spinner..thats also good..too much SLA is becoming too predictable in our team..we need variation
Old November 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i felt some something at my heart there..
Heard that a lot. And that's the problem.
Old November 28, 2010, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
its not just the sixes its the way he hit them..i felt some something at my heart there..this guy can be the one for the future..and i heard that he is also a leg spinner..thats also good..too much SLA is becoming too predictable in our team..we need variation

Old November 28, 2010, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I felt some something at my heart there
That also happens to me whenever some hot girl smiles at me and than ......

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old November 28, 2010, 10:19 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
That also happens to me whenever some hot girl smiles at me and than ......

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
welcome 2 the team
Old November 29, 2010, 12:48 AM

He didnt do anything recognizable in local games as of yet, hence proves he needs more time before being called in for best 11.