Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe
Zim vs BD (First Test)
Zim vs BD (Second Test)
Zim vs BD (First ODI)
Zim vs BD (Second ODI)
Zim vs BD (Third ODI)
Zim vs BD (First T20I)
Zim vs BD (Second T20I)
Bangladesh Cricket Tourism
All about Bangladesh | How to reach Bangladesh
|| ICC Venues: Dhaka | Chittagong
| Khulna | Bogra
All About Bangladesh
How to reach Bangladesh
Bangladesh can be easily reached from the most part of the world. Bangladesh's
national carrier Biman Bangladesh Airlines connects capital Dhaka with 27 major
cities of the world.
These are: Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Athens, Bangkok, Bombay, Calcutta, Doha, Dubai,
Jeddah, Karachi, Katmandu, Kuala Lumpur, London, Muscat, Dhahran, Baghdad, Kuwait,
Yangoon, Rome, Tripoli, Tokyo, Singapore, Bahrain, Frankfurt, Ho Chi Minh City,
Hong Kong, Jakarta, Sarjah, Seoul, Riyadh and Delhi.
Biman Bangladesh Airlines also connects Dhaka with Chittagong, Jessore, Cox's
Bazaar, Rajshahi, Saidpur and Sylhet in its 7 domestic routes. (Biman Bangladesh
Airlines, Ph: +880 9560151-9; Enquiry & Reservations).
Besides Biman, as many as 30 other leading Air Lines operates services to and
- Trans World Airlines Inc.,Ph: 880-2-9552491, 9552208
- Air France, Ph: 880-2-9568277, 9563050, 9551338,
- Japan Airlines, Ph: 880-2-9129322, 9129710
- Indian Airlines, Ph: 880-2-9555915, 9557813, 8912205(Airport)
- Kuwait Airways, Ph: 880-2-9110238, 9118829(City) 8914215(Airport)
- British Airways, Ph: 880-2-9564869-72, 8914410, 8912467(Airport)
- Lufthansa, Ph: 880-2-8618995, 8611191
- Myanmar Airlines International, Ph: 880-2-8810579-80
- United Airlines, Ph: 880-2-9556538-9, 9556505, 9567379
- Cathay Pacific, Ph: 880-2-9559390, 9559721, 9557117
- Pan Am, Ph: 880-2-9554369
- Gulf Air, Ph: 880-2-8113237-40
- PIA, Ph: 880-2-8312985, 8823023
- Singapore Airlines, Ph: 880-2-8828769, 8828774, 8811504-8
- Emirates, Ph: 880-2-9563825-29, 9563830
- Swiss Air, Ph: 880-2-8821908, 8822376
- Korean Air, Ph: 880-2-9563817-9
- Saudia, Ph: 880-2-8116859-60,(City) 8914436, 8914341(Airport)
- Malaysian Airlines, Ph:880-2-9885479, 9885480
- Thai International, Ph: 880-2-8314711-9, 8914351(Airport)
- Qatar Airways, Ph: 880-2-9563050, 9564945
- Royal Nepal Airlines, Ph:880-2-9550423, 9559353
- Qantas, Ph: 880-2-9886634-7
- KLM, Ph: 880-2-8113005, 9116519
- Philippines Airlines, Ph: 880-2-411488
- Air Italia, Ph: 880-2-9551673
- Continental Airlines, Ph: 880-2-9565386-1
the capital of Bangladesh and hosts three ICC approved stadiums. Tourist
How to get there
All the ICC venues are within 20 KM radius of capital Dhaka. Bangabandhu
National Stadium, Dhaka is in the heart of the city and will take 20-30
minutes by taxi from most of the hotels listed. Shere
Bangla National Stadium is in Mirpur. A taxi should take 40-50 minutes from
the city center to reach there. Fatullah
Osmani Stadium is in Narayanganj which is about 20 KM from Dhaka. Bus services
operate between Dhaka and Narayanganj from Syedabad bus terminal. A taxi would
take about one hour to reach the venue.
is the second largest city of Bangladesh and a major port. It hosts 2 ICC approved
How to get there
Chittagong is the commercial capital of Bangladesh. The port city is
well connected with Capital Dhaka with bus, train and air services. A bus or
train ticket (first class) will cost around 420 BDT (USD 7) and will take around
4-6 hours. Biman Bangladesh and GMG Airlines operate regular flights between
Dhaka and Chittagong. Air fare will cost around 3500 BDT (USD 60) one-way.
Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium is located in Patenga, about half an hour drive from
the city centre. Local bus services and taxi is available to and from the stadium.
Aziz Stadium, Chittagong is located in the city centre, just ten minutes
rickshaw (a local transport) ride from the train station. It's opposite to the
Chittagong Circuit House which was used as the headqaurter of Bangladesh Liberation
Army in 1971.
a port city located in the Southe West and is close to the famous Sundarbans.
How to get there
Khulna is the another port city of Bangladesh located in the south-western
corner of Bangladesh. It is well connected with Capital Dhaka with bus, train
and air services. A bus or train ticket (first class) will cost around 420 BDT
(USD 7) and will take around 6-7 hours. Biman Bangladesh and GMG Airlines operate
regular flights between Dhaka and Jessore, a city near to Khulna. Air fare will
cost around 3500 BDT (USD 60) one-way. From Jessore it will take about one hour
to reach Khulna by Taxi or bus.
Divisional Stadium is located within 20 minutes drive from the city center.
Local bus servoces also operate between city center and the stadium.
Khulna is treated as the getaway of Sunderbans, the home of Royal Bengal Tigers.
It takes about 2 hours to reach Sunderbans from Khulna. Different packages are
available from "Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation" and other tour operators.
There is no airport in Khulna. Khulna is connected by Jessore airport which
is about 70 km from Khulna city.
a town located in the heart of North Bengal. Tourist
How to get there
Bogra is a historical city located at the north-western part of Bangladesh.
It's a tourist destination due to "Mahastangar" which is one of the earliest
civilization of Asia. The city is well connected with Capital Dhaka with bus
and air services. A bus ticket (first class) will cost around 360 BDT (USD 6)
and will take around 4-5 hours. Biman Bangladesh and GMG Airlines operate regular
flights between Dhaka and Syedpur, a city near to Bogra. Air fare will cost
around 3500 BDT (USD 60) one -way. From Syedpur, it will take about 2-3 hours
to reach Bogra by Taxi or bus.
Chandu Stadium, Bogra is located within 20 minutes drive from the city center.
Local bus services also operate between city center and the stadium.
Bogra does not have an airport of its own.