facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 28, 2016, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Wake up call!

This was needed. We had this false sense of security for ODI cricket. Yes we performed well previously but we still have lots of gaps to fill out. Technically we lost both the matches. The first one we won more due to their mistakes and 1 or 2 individual performances. The second one, well lets say the batting was alarming to say the least. Cant expect Tamim- Riyad to bail us out every time.

If we cant score 250 at own ground against a much weaker opponent, questions has to be raised regardless of how rare that may be!

Its unfortunate that we didnt get play any int matches for a long time. And if we played in an unfamiliar condition with one of the top opponents, We could sympathize with this situation. Its nothing like that. They played DPL, they played many practice matches so the rustiness shouldve been half gone when they walked into the field for the first game. While they all boasted about coming back after the narrow miss, it just got worse!

Some blame goes to the coaching staff as well.... They dont even have a planned batting lineup. They are still trying to figure out who is good where. That to me is not acceptable. Playing both Imrul and Soumya made no sense. Then Imrul performed better then Soumya and yet he got dropped. That resulted the whole order getting shifted. Why is it so hard to get a proper lineup without tinkering with it every game?

Speaking of Soumya, yea I see how everyone is trying to cover him up and waiting for him to have that ONE magical innings that will suddenly give him back his superpowers that he once had. Soumya fan boys and his team mates, here is a secret u guys know but are trying very hard to deny. He is figured out! His batting style is figured out! His reluctance to play on the off side makes him very easy to read and predictable. The only way to solve this for him to go figure out the off side or become so good on the leg that putting 10 fielders on that side wont stop him from scoring. And national team isnt the place to figure out anything. Here we have players that are scoring runs regularly in domestics and still no where near the squad. Having a walking wicket is a terrible injustice to those working hard and living of that dream of wearing that jersey. Soumya isnt even an opening batsman by attribute. He came into the side as no.3 and was prematurely promoted to the opening slot where he enjoyed early and limited success.

If the coaches and selectors want to help this guy then drop him, let him go, guide him and bring him back when he starts scoring again! Doesnt matter if its DPL or some indoor university tape ball league. Right now he is likely to fail there as well

Ok next up, Al Amin Hossain. So we have one guy Soumya Sarker whose stats are being ignored in favor of him and we have this guy whose stats are also being ignored but against him. I mean come one.... Show the stats to someone who never watched cricket before and they wouldnt have the balls of suggesting to drop him in favor of anyone other player. Taskin has been absolutely rubbish... You guys complain about Al Amin getting lucky wickets... Look at each of the 5 wickets he got in 2 games. The opposition needs 2 of 6 and he responds by bowling 1 huge full toss, 1 overhead wide and one short outside off.... yea dont bother explaining me how that can happen! And Rubel is once again back to "I have speed so I dont need brain" mode... A bowler who cant bowl 5 overs in a low scoring game without getting tonked... Al Amin leaks runs but at the same time this guy compensates by getting wickets....

If discipline is the issue again for leaving out Al Amin (I dont see any other issue) then its about time the coaches learn to discipline these young players. Simply dropping them is never the solution. He needs the national team as much as the national team needs him! The coaches seem to have this false sense of having unlimited amount of talented, performing players. Its like I have lots, so u dont listen to me, you are out!

Very frustrated with the last 2 games. If one of Mash and Shakib werent there, we would have lost both games by atleast 7-8 wickets. No contest what so ever. We have a lot of cricket coming up and the board along with the government are making a lot of effort in ensuring cricket stays in our country despite the insecurity and risks. A poor way for the players to repay that by performing like this

Last edited by rinathq; September 28, 2016 at 06:17 PM..
Old September 28, 2016, 05:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

I always enjoy your posts rinathq agree 100%
Old September 28, 2016, 06:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Thanks Rinat, I too enjoy reading your posts.

This is why I thought it was a bad idea to tweak the selection process to make Hathuru the dominant factor in the process. I suspect he has already formed opinions regarding his players and stopped assessing them on their current forms. So Soumya still gets his favors despite struggling to score for over a year, despite how poor he looks even in nets. AA on the other hand, prolly will stay on his bad book despite how well he performs in real matches.

It's very disturbing to see how DPL performances got ignored, even though that was the most recent and relevant tournament we had to judge players before an ODI series, as Hathuru has no idea how well or poorly the players did in the league. Only exception is Mosaddek, I suspect that's because he played for Abahani under Sujon and got a strong recommendation from Tamim.

Someone like Rock, after topping the chart in the premier one-day league of the country, should have been expected to get chances atleast in practice matches. But Hathuru has shown him the door just after the conditioning camp!

*Nothing against Hathuru the coach, just not happy how we lost balance in our selection process.
Old September 28, 2016, 06:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Well said.
FP material.

Agerdin gular kotha money porlo. BD 150-160 korto tuk tuk korey ar 50 overs porjonto kunomotey matchta tainna niye jeto. Jei lau, shei kodu. Ekhon playergula 20 ba 30 kortey parlei khushi. "Ajkey onek batting korsi, ekhon ektu dugoutey giya aram kori, tarpor bashay giya bou er logey Star Plus dekhum "

Bad shot selection by every single batsman! If Mosaddek hadn't been there today, we wouldn't have even crossed 200! AFG er shathey money hoy koto koshto korey run korsey. And, the win the other day was a complete fluke. We f'ed up things more today than ODI1
Old September 28, 2016, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I always enjoy your posts rinathq agree 100%
Thanks mate... didnt enjoy writing this.
Old September 28, 2016, 06:43 PM

@Rinat Good post, however I differ on a few assessment.
1) Is this a batting failure? Don't agree. Afghanistan's bowling is world class with good pacers and spinners and both their spinners have decent experience. They are a good bowling (but bad fielding) side. If you explain this match with not putting up enough total (209) how would you expect them to nearly lose the match last time with 265 on board?
2) What Bangladesh should have done better is the bowling and fielding. With Fizz missing, Bangladesh bowling can not rely on an unplayable bowler. When Fizz is in action, others either lose wickets against him or try to attack other end and throw away wickets.
Without Fizz, Bangladesh lacks any genuine wicket takers who can turn the match around.
3) Bad fielding is now noticeable, even though Bangladesh was never a brilliant fielding side.

To win the last match, Bangladesh needs to chase, instead of batting first. Rely on batting and win the match ... also I believe there's a bit of dew in the air later on.
Old September 28, 2016, 06:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon

To win the last match, Bangladesh needs to chase, instead of batting first. Rely on batting and win the match ... also I believe there's a bit of dew in the air later on.
Don't agree, batting under light is always harder. Also, in September, ball suppose to swing a little under light (Taskin or Rubel did not bowl full enough even to try that).

We did not need unplayable bowlers to win the match today, some disciplined bowling from two FBs would have done the job.
Old September 28, 2016, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Thanks Rinat, I too enjoy reading your posts.

This is why I thought it was a bad idea to tweak the selection process to make Hathuru the dominant factor in the process. I suspect he has already formed opinions regarding his players and stopped assessing them on their current forms. So Soumya still gets his favors despite struggling to score for over a year, despite how poor he looks even in nets. AA on the other hand, prolly will stay on his bad book despite how well he performs in real matches.

It's very disturbing to see how DPL performances got ignored, even though that was the most recent and relevant tournament we had to judge players before an ODI series, as Hathuru has no idea how well or poorly the players did in the league. Only exception is Mosaddek, I suspect that's because he played for Abahani under Sujon and got a strong recommendation from Tamim.

Someone like Rock, after topping the chart in the premier one-day league of the country, should have been expected to get chances atleast in practice matches. But Hathuru has shown him the door just after the conditioning camp!

*Nothing against Hathuru the coach, just not happy how we lost balance in our selection process.
Its disturbing indeed. Makes the whole point of these tournaments absurd and irrelevant.
Old September 28, 2016, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo

When was the last time a bowler from a team ranked below BD had figures like that of Nabi?

Was it Ray Price?
Old September 28, 2016, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

None mentioned about pace attack outcome significantly declined. This was our main weapon in the previous series now look at taskin rubel complete failure. Plus batting department had no plan.
Old September 28, 2016, 09:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

This was not a pacer friendly pitch, all the pacers went for runs. We didn't have a backup option in good attacking spinners which we always lacked.

Because of lack of quality finger/wrist and especially leg spinners we also always fail against them, hence the batting collapse. The slow and low pitch was an awesome help for Afghans and they used it perfectly. End of the day we faltered batting wise massively and that's why we lost. It was our middle order that let us down, Riyad got going and got out at crucial points, Mushfiqur the same. Shabbir should have contributed but that was not out, no freaking way. Clear edge.
Old September 28, 2016, 09:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

one of the very few positives of this series is that these problems are getting exposed and identified before the English tour....
Old September 28, 2016, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
This was not a pacer friendly pitch, all the pacers went for runs. We didn't have a backup option in good attacking spinners which we always lacked.

Because of lack of quality finger/wrist and especially leg spinners we also always fail against them, hence the batting collapse. The slow and low pitch was an awesome help for Afghans and they used it perfectly. End of the day we faltered batting wise massively and that's why we lost. It was our middle order that let us down, Riyad got going and got out at crucial points, Mushfiqur the same. Shabbir should have contributed but that was not out, no freaking way. Clear edge.
Disagree. Taskin and Rubel bowled rubbish leaked runs.
If you bowl half trackers even in pacers friendly pitch the result would be same. For me they put us down big time.
Old September 28, 2016, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Three concerns for me.

1) Batting Order. It has to be sorted. No experimentation, each guy must know their role.

2) A good second spinner is so essential. Afghanistan have two in Nabi and Rashid. Both equally good, adding sth different. Unfortunately Shakib lacks support in that dept. Taijul unfortunately doesnt have the venom.

3) We seemed to have gone back to the pre Streak era where pace bowlers cant even bowl 2-3 overs at a stretch. Maybe the wickets havent been as good as last year (Perhaps they are preparing wickets not good for pace-preparing for England). But still the line, length, plan are all lacking. Mr Walsh has a bit of work to do .

I agree with Eshen on Hathurusingha. He has gotten a new contract, gotten additional power. But now time to again show why he deserves those.
Old September 28, 2016, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Great post, it is indeed a wakeup call.

I just don't understand the reason behind ousting players for their discipline or lack of it. The best teams in the world had its good share of players with poor discipline. Virat Kohi himself wasn't the most disciplined player in the world I would assume. Andrew symonds and few others would hit the bar the night before a big match.

The difference between those teams and us? Because we made discipline and important factor in selection and not merit. How can someone with an average of 25 be ousted from the team, and that too with good domestic performances recently, to accomodate for mediocrity that is Shafiul and Rubel(in our pitches).

Our batting too is quite shocking. There is no excuse for the collective failure of our batsman. They have played domestic cricket atleast 2 months back in Bangladesh. Afghanistan didn't play in mirpur for 2 years! I also disliked the way the batting position constantly changes. Sabbir should be at 7 where he usually bats for us, Mosaddek in his usual position - 6, Riad at 4. Unfortunately for us, we have no other choice but to push Mushfiqur to no. 3 and I don't think he is too bad to bat at no.3
Old September 28, 2016, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I always believe that, you should always pick someone who does the job for the side.

Winning is everything, winning people's hearts and respect is the most meaningless thing in the world. In sports, if you are hurting the feelings of others, if you are getting them to hate you, then you are doing the right thing! I want our team to win, and to make others hate them. So if that means we are going to fill our team with arrogant players who can get the job done for us, then excellent!
Old September 28, 2016, 11:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

The problem is we lose one match and all of a sudden we lose our s*** and destroy a team with changes. Think about the changes you want to bring and think carefully because if you throw a player out with 2 years of experience you are trying to build a player for the next 2 years. There is no guarantee he will perform, he might perform even worse and cancel any gains done.

First try to get return on your investment and time spent, if you are 100% certain that there is a better player in the sidelines like Tendulkar then sure go for it, but if you are talking about changing the core we have built for so long then I will say this, you are an enemy of the future of Bangladeshi cricket team and you should have no platform to speak in my opinion.

Identify the real problems, the real problem is not batting in general but batting in slow turning pitches BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE GOOD LEGSPINNERS.

Lastly, keep calm and don't lose your s***. We will come back.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The problem is we lose one match and all of a sudden we lose our s*** and destroy a team with changes. Think about the changes you want to bring and think carefully because if you throw a player out with 2 years of experience you are trying to build a player for the next 2 years. There is no guarantee he will perform, he might perform even worse and cancel any gains done.

First try to get return on your investment and time spent, if you are 100% certain that there is a better player in the sidelines like Tendulkar then sure go for it, but if you are talking about changing the core we have built for so long then I will say this, you are an enemy of the future of Bangladeshi cricket team and you should have no platform to speak in my opinion.

Identify the real problems, the real problem is not batting in general but batting in slow turning pitches BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE GOOD LEGSPINNERS.

Not gonna bother answering to fanboys..... i understand why it has hurt your sentiment..
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:

Agree 100%. I would very much would like to see after India lost the series to Bangladesh what kind of panic attack they'd be in had India been Bangladesh...

Tokhon to Dhoni monir place r prestij niya tanatani hoyto....
Old Today, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Agree 100%. I would very much would like to see after India lost the series to Bangladesh what kind of panic attack they'd be in had India been Bangladesh...

Tokhon to Dhoni monir place r prestij niya tanatani hoyto....
Han, Dhoni desher matite harle tanatani hotoi
Old Today, 03:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

There are plenty of problems that need to be rectified, but the main problem with the last match seemed to me that the team management misread the pitch. As a result the bowling line up and the approach to the batting were all wrong. I would have liked to know whose responsibility was it to inspect the pitch before a match.
Old Today, 04:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

The main reason we did so well in 2015 is we picked up in form players and team combination reflected pitch condition. These Mirpur pitches are considerably slower than what we payed on last year. Hence our pace bowling suffered.

We need to select our best 11 players for the match according to pitch condition.
Old Today, 09:28 AM
Street Cricketer

At some point people will start blaming Mash and Shakib for not imparting their wisdom to the other bowlers.
Old Today, 09:38 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Han, Dhoni desher matite harle tanatani hotoi
Ek sho bar. But Dhoni is also a special case. No other captain could have survived an 8-0 loss in tests (whitewashes against eng and aus).
Old Today, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Pitch conditions does affect the team. Why did we prepare a turner for Afghanistan and also, if it was so slow then why didn't you go with an extra spinner in plce of Rubel.