facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2015, 08:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Default If I were Mushy or the BD cricket team I wouldn't want many of you as fans

Yeah, I'm back after a long time, straight into what appears to be the golden era of Bangladesh cricket. While I've seen the Bangladesh team make amazing progress, the so-called fans have not improved, and if anything, regressed.

If I were a member of the Bangladesh cricket team, I wouldn't want many of you as fans. You start trash-talking as though we'll whitewash Australia just because we've won a few games at home. You go through extreme mood swings with session by session of a test-match. You lionize players one day and then call for their heads the next.

Those of you calling for Mushfiq's head: he's done more for Bangladesh than most of you ever will. He's played his heart out for his country for ten years, and he's barely more than a kid. Yeah, okay, he's not a great captain, but he is dealing with the hand that was dealt to him the best he can. He didn't ask for the job.

The same selectors and coach you were lionizing the other day, now you're berating. Why? Because we had a bad day and a half in a test match? So that erases all the successes of the last half year?

Honestly, don't call yourselves fans, because your behaviour shows that you're anything but.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

So fans cannot criticise a player or a captain? They cannot ask for a better replacement if they find a captain is a rubbish leader?

I am a fan and I have that right. If you have problem with it then it's your problem, not mine. Thank you.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:13 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

emotional garbage. This is exactly why nobody in the cricket system can do analysis and identify problems. Took us 15 years to bring a change and be a good side in ODIs and will take another 20 to be a good Test side.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
So fans cannot criticise a player or a captain? They cannot ask for a better replacement if they find a captain is a rubbish leader?

I am a fan and I have that right. If you have problem with it then it's your problem, not mine. Thank you.
You have the right, but the criticism has to be consistent, and logical.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Mushy needs to step down as captain and focus on keeping and batting..He is hardworking, no doubt about it; but he is just not a natural leader; it's not in him.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
It is consistent and logical as far as I have seen here in BC.

Nobody criticises him for his batting. It's the captaincy which is full of issues. We have been talking about the same issues over last couple of years. No improvement.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Mushy needs to step down as captain and focus on keeping and batting..He is hardworking, no doubt about it; but he is just not a natural leader; it's not in him.
Who will be his replacement as captain? If we can come up with a viable alternative then I would like to see a new captain for the Test team.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
Who will be his replacement as captain? If we can come up with a viable alternative then I would like to see a new captain for the Test team.
There are other 10 players in the team. Right? Some of them are seniors and having experiences in captaining in domestic and A teams. Riyad, Mominul or Tamim. Tamim did a decent job in Khulna in the last test as on field captain.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Nope i won't accept any of that. How have fans regressed? We gave all seen what we are capable of and have more belief and support than ever. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to see that as soon as mash took over after a disastrous 2014 we started to look good and Mash's inspirational mature calm headed captaincy laid the foundation for the so called "new team" we are now in short formats. Mushy manages to drain all the confidence and mojo of players. He let's emotion get in the way and is far too immature to take our test cricket forward. I won't even get started about his batting his captaincy is now starting to affect his batting he looked like he wasn't going to get out in the shorter formats where's the confidence in whites?

Don't let emotion get in the way you're a one post in a year BC servant who needs to see the bigger picture.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
emotional garbage. This is exactly why nobody in the cricket system can do analysis and identify problems. Took us 15 years to bring a change and be a good side in ODIs and will take another 20 to be a good Test side.
Yep, and it's not like he is playing for the love of the country only. Over last ten years, he has been paid crores of Taka and given all sorts of recognition. If he is a true patriot, he needs to stop being selfish, admit his incompetency as a captain and a keeper, and let somebody else carry out those duties.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
You have 3 frontline bowlers and 8 batsmen in the playing 11. Among the three bowlers two of them are rookies. Shahadat last five years... better not go there. So, you win the toss and you bowl. Your expectation is you get the opposition out twice with this bowling lineup? FYI: you only managed to get 10 wickets in the last game. The pitch has little green. Yet this is your home ground and you know the pitch as back of your hand. it will offer turn in the 4/5th day. Not ideal to bat last. Now what part of this is logical?

As for consistency, you are injured yet you refuse to give away keeping. If you are the so called pillar of our batting lineup, by some, here and others, best batsman (which I don't agree with), why do you want to risk future assignments and put the entire team in jeopardy? Consistently making bad decisions as a leader.
++++
I have no problem in someone or MGMT making bad/wrong decisions. But if they don't admit it was wrong, that is where I have problem with. Because it is bound to happen again.
Old May 7, 2015, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

^^Well said T_E
Old May 7, 2015, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
Shakib, Tamim or even Mahmudullah. Mushy is not able to handle batting, keeping and captaincy all together..
Old May 7, 2015, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
You have 3 frontline bowlers and 8 batsmen in the playing 11. You win the toss and you bowl. Now what part of this is logical?

As for consistency, you are injured yet you refuse to give away keeping. If you are the so called pillar of our batting lineup, by some, here and others, best batsman (which I don't agree with), why do you want to risk future assignments and put the entire team in jeopardy?

The pitch has little green. Yet this is your home ground and you know the pitch as back of your hand. it will offer turn in the 4/5th day. Not ideal to bat last.
++++
I have no problem in someone or MGMT making bad/wrong decisions. But if they don't admit it was wrong, that is where I have problem with. Because it is bound to happen again.
Mushy didn't pick the team. If he didn't choose to bowl first then you most likely have seen 100/5 on the first day with Pakistani bowlers bowling at us.

We're not doctors. We don't know the extent of his injury. How are we supposed to get into his mind and know his motivations the way some of us are doing?
Old May 7, 2015, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Mushy didn't pick the team. If he didn't choose to bowl first then you most likely have seen 100/5 on the first day with Pakistani bowlers bowling at us.

We're not doctors. We don't know the extent of his injury. How are we supposed to get into his mind and know his motivations the way some of us are doing?
I see some unconditional love there. It's fine as long as you keep it with you. If you try to force others for the same thing then they may have their own voices.

Can you tell us who picked up the team? It seems that you know more than general fans. The team management is supposed to decide the playing 11 and decide the type of wickets they want as home team. Mushy is the primary person to decide as the captain.

About his injury, he dropped few catches yesterday and was jerking his injured hand after the drops. It was clearly visible from his expression that he was full of pain.

I don't see any point of arguing for the sake of argument.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Certainly captain has a say to pick his 11. So that "didn't pick the team" holds no water. Even if others in team management were overpowering in choosing the 11, He agreed to it. He is the one who made the call to bowl first. Again you were talking about fans being illogical. In your sane mind how can that be logical?

So 100/5 fear dictated the decision? Why not come out of the closet then? Say it loud and clear. And stop this rubbish talk of aggressive approach, playing to win, we have turned the corner. Be truthful to yourself first.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

What pisses me off the most is his reluctance to hand over his keeping duty to someone else. That's just plain insecurity.

But you must understand that we are not criticizing Mushfiq the batsman. He should concentrate on his batting only like Sangakkara. That will most likely benefit the entire team
Old May 7, 2015, 10:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

Mushfique er blunder of the millennium (fielding first) er protibade ami char ghontar onshon kormosuchi (virtual online) ghoshona korlam.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Another mood swing thread. guilty of the same thing u accuse of others
Old May 7, 2015, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

The ignorant will be the ones undemining our cricket not the ones who wants change accordingly and justly. We all want mushy firing from all cylinders with the bat and want a positive solid test team with as much confidence as shorter format team but under his cataincy it simply isn't happening.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrul
Mushfique er blunder of the millennium (fielding first) er protibade ami char ghontar onshon kormosuchi (virtual online) ghoshona korlam.
Me too. starting now. 10:10am. May 7th 2015. Ending at 2:11pm May 7th 2015.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Me too. starting now. 10:10am. May 7th 2015. Ending at 2:11pm May 7th 2015.
Apnader vuri kombe.

Best of luck.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Certainly captain has a say to pick his 11. So that "didn't pick the team" holds no water. Even if others in team management were overpowering in choosing the 11, He agreed to it. He is the one who made the call to bowl first. Again you were talking about fans being illogical. In your sane mind how can that be logical?

So 100/5 fear dictated the decision? Why not come out of the closet then? Say it loud and clear. And stop this rubbish talk of aggressive approach, playing to win, we have turned the corner. Be truthful to yourself first.
Who're you talking to? I never said anything about aggressive approach.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Another mood swing thread. guilty of the same thing u accuse of others
Probably true.
Old May 7, 2015, 11:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Pointless !!!

If that's because of Criticizing Mushy's captaincy, I fail to see your point ... If you want to support his brainless decisions, put forward your logics, if not then there is no point of such emotional outburst.

Mistakes will be criticized ... There is no permanent personal or individual loyalty to anyone player... That's not his right to expect....

Good things will be appreciated .. even if that player is disliked by me personally .. He will be appreciated.

It's about their contribution ... When my most fav player will contribute no more and will reach the end of his ability, I'll expect him to leave honorably ... That's how things work ...

To criticize Mushy for his Rubish captaincy decisions and being selfish to not to allow someone else keep wickets in this match, etc and many more, I don't need to see what all he has done in the past or how cute he looks or how much I like him ... Mistake is a mistake ....

Ohh and one more thing .... Captains don't decide who will be a fan, Fans decide many a times who will be the captain ... Player play for the Fans ... Players earn because they have fans to watch. So the Fans world is pretty brutal. If you perform you are hero, if you don't perform you are zero ... There is no personal loyalty ... Fans are for the team ..

So what's basically your point? Should we praise him for making all thes brainless mistakes ?? Because he has contributed in the past with the bat? He still has a lot to contribute with the bat, but I would be happy to see him leaving captaincy and keeping.