facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default The untested lower middle order

For the 3rd ODI, we need to push Shabbir and Nasir up the order. In the first match Nasir only faced one delivery while Shabbir played only 7. In the second both didn't get any balls to bat. It is great to see Tamim performing and since the opening pair has been under the scanner and in question lets leave it intact but experiment a bit with Shabbir and Nasir by moving them up in the order. While it will give them some batting practice, more importantly it will give them some confidence when they are eventually needed in close run chases and some much needed batting practice.

It's great that the middle order has been the rock of Bangladeshi cricket since the zimbabwe series, much of the credit really goes to Mushfique who has been one of the best batsmen in Asia during the last 2 years. But if we really want to beat the likes of South Africa who are coming soon in 3 months, we need all of them to be in form, with confidence and fire.

Hope the team management pushes Shabbir at Number 3, Nasir at Number 4/5. These are proper batsmen so there is not much experiment anyways. Shabbir also scored a century (a spellblinding one too) at number 3.
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Too much moving around, soumya was 3, now riyad and we want to put sabbir there now. Also if shabbir and nasir bat higher you're going to have to drop mushy and riyad back down, sabbir and nasir are both better coming in late than riyad is.
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Too much moving around, soumya was 3, now riyad and we want to put sabbir there now. Also if shabbir and nasir bat higher you're going to have to drop mushy and riyad back down, sabbir and nasir are both better coming in late than riyad is.
I don't think brother Tanvir is asking for this change as permanent, just to give Nasir, Shabbir some overs under their belt so they have the chance to gain form, so when it's needed and their moved back down the order, say for tests/t20 v pak or in the other series's we have coming up this year, they can add some valuable runs for the team. If we have 7/8 batsmen all clicking in the team, it really will be an asset to us. Not always will Tamim, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah click
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

Switch Mahmudullah and replace him with Shabbir @ number 3
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
Street Cricketer

winning is a habit and winning is more important than who get/s chance to bat in the middle. Both Nasir and Sabbir are in good form and I think are comfortable with their position, so no need to up them in the order. They will definitely get their chance in the test matches.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Depends, if its a walk in the park I wouldn't mind seeing Sabbir promoted.
Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM
Test Cricketer

No changes needed, we need to be professional and focus to win every match. Look at Australia or South Africa, they play the best 11 even against associate nations. With time, all the new players will get chance, there is no guarantee that Tamim will score 100 every match..
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Don't understand people who want to change batting order after 2 wins...must go with the best batting line up and trash them
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I honestly woud love to see us bat first and would dearly love to see Nasir and sabbir bat next match.
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
Test Cricketer

There was a time where all eleven players would get batting. Did that make them more tested and prepared. Stick to the line up without worrying about match practice. Make them work more hard in nets if they have to but stick to the line up.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if we are batting first ...... no experiment ............. may be if we are only 1/2 down after 40 overs we may promote shabbir for big hitting...

if we are chasing under 150 we can experiment all 3,4,5 positions to give some batting practice

if we are chasing under 200 and are in a good position we give 2 out of 3,4,5 an experiment .....

if we are chasing under 250 and are in god postion we give 1 out 3,4,5 an experiment