facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 13, 2014, 05:52 PM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 11,859
Default Countdown to the Caribbean...

I missed those days in BC where fans used to go nuts for months before a series starts. 6 days to go, yet no thread on

- team news and rumour
- broadcast issues
- Sir Ashraful Matin

This must be the lowest profile BD series in BC ever since I joined BC. What happened? We have a series to defend.

Fyi - the team has left Dhaka yesterday, not sure when they will reach.

In the meantime, Sir Ash gave an Eid interview few days ago on TV with Golla. Golla was defending Ash as if he was born yesterday, although I started to feel sorry for Ash. Hate me if you'd like but wish him all the best on his appeal.

In terms of broadcast issue, well what broadcast issue?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 13, 2014, 09:45 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,511

i think deep down inside at the root we are still a football nation and not cricket..... we follow cricket cuz we are represented in the world and compete with the best..... when u see loss to silly teams, u lose that enthusiasm ....because cricket is a forced love for us... football is natural......

with world cup ending we are just sad.....and is having hard time getting back to somehing else...switiching gears..

my 2 cent.....
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 14, 2014, 01:01 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is online now
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,415

I will go out on a limb and guess 6 days
__________________
dale
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 14, 2014, 02:52 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,572

Waiting for the series. This is the first fullfledge Haturu series. I want a good series for the new srilankan. Hoping for a come back.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 15, 2014, 06:10 PM
Vua's Avatar
Vua Vua is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 23, 2014
Posts: 245

We have never been so disappointed in our team - the same mistakes committed again and again and again ... most of us have given up on our team and have decided not to watch BD's games anymore as it is too stressful and a huge waste of time.

Half of the team is out of form and there is no Shakib, we have no confidence in Mushfiq's defensive loser mentality captaincy, we have no confidence in the selectors who keep on selecting the same out-of-form players. But, we are all confident that we will be thrashed big time.
__________________
Only read about deshi cricket
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 15, 2014, 09:31 PM
MarufH's Avatar
MarufH MarufH is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 20, 2006
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
We have never been so disappointed in our team - the same mistakes committed again and again and again ... most of us have given up on our team and have decided not to watch BD's games anymore as it is too stressful and a huge waste of time.

Half of the team is out of form and there is no Shakib, we have no confidence in Mushfiq's defensive loser mentality captaincy, we have no confidence in the selectors who keep on selecting the same out-of-form players. But, we are all confident that we will be thrashed big time.
You are right. I get the same vibe from fellow fans.
__________________
Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 16, 2014, 01:00 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
We have never been so disappointed in our team - the same mistakes committed again and again and again ... most of us have given up on our team and have decided not to watch BD's games anymore as it is too stressful and a huge waste of time.

Half of the team is out of form and there is no Shakib, we have no confidence in Mushfiq's defensive loser mentality captaincy, we have no confidence in the selectors who keep on selecting the same out-of-form players. But, we are all confident that we will be thrashed big time.
I don't agree that we fans are any short of enthusiasm when it comes to Bangladesh Cricket. It's just we don't post too often here in BC that we used to do. All the regular BC members are busy with their daily activities and seasonal members come only during series is on.

You may say its the low time for BC but we BD fans never give up on our team despite their poor performances. We are with the team in spirit every single moment.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 16, 2014, 08:16 AM
Vua's Avatar
Vua Vua is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 23, 2014
Posts: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
It's just we don't post too often here in BC that we used to do. All the regular BC members are busy with their daily activities and seasonal members come only during series is on.
This might actually be down to the fact that there are too many junk threads being created by one or two people on here on a regular basis and that has also dragged down the quality of the forum. In the past, I guess you had more intelligent threads. I cannot help but notice that there is a vibe of a Syndicate-like feel on here as well. Members of this syndicate are free to do as they like.
__________________
Only read about deshi cricket
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 16, 2014, 08:41 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,508

funny thing is that no one is countdowning, let me start,
3 days and 23 hours left
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 16, 2014, 05:16 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is online now
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
This might actually be down to the fact that there are too many junk threads being created by one or two people on here on a regular basis and that has also dragged down the quality of the forum. In the past, I guess you had more intelligent threads. I cannot help but notice that there is a vibe of a Syndicate-like feel on here as well. Members of this syndicate are free to do as they like.
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ight=mod+squad
__________________
dale
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 16, 2014, 05:31 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,053

Sorry about the rant I'm about to do here on a certain player but I just can't understand how Mithun Ali has all of a sudden become a regular in the national team. And it seems like as soon as Faruque became selector, Mithun has come from nowhere and jumped over more quality batsmen. Has he performed so well in the A team to get a call up? He actually wasn't even making the A team forget about the national team. The likes of Naeem, Shuvagata, Shabbir, Marshall, Raqibul all deserve it more than him. They want a more pure wicketkeeper? Then select Nurul whose a promising prospect. I wouldn't have minded if Mithun outperformed these guys in the A team but how can you select a player completely out of the blue?

I understand we have others that are out of form but at least those players have success in their records and the alternatives aren't better. Can't say the same about Mithun
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 16, 2014, 06:37 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is online now
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,415

amra (not to confuse with the fruit) jotona khelar odhir opekkhay boshe thaki, money (not taka)hoy na amader playar rao oto ta anxiously wait kore...
__________________
dale

Last edited by Zeeshan; August 16, 2014 at 07:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 16, 2014, 07:31 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Sorry about the rant I'm about to do here on a certain player but I just can't understand how Mithun Ali has all of a sudden become a regular in the national team. And it seems like as soon as Faruque became selector, Mithun has come from nowhere and jumped over more quality batsmen. Has he performed so well in the A team to get a call up? He actually wasn't even making the A team forget about the national team. The likes of Naeem, Shuvagata, Shabbir, Marshall, Raqibul all deserve it more than him. They want a more pure wicketkeeper? Then select Nurul whose a promising prospect. I wouldn't have minded if Mithun outperformed these guys in the A team but how can you select a player completely out of the blue?

I understand we have others that are out of form but at least those players have success in their records and the alternatives aren't better. Can't say the same about Mithun

unless he's improved dramatically he shouldn't be there, he's done pretty well with racking up FC tons in the last couple of seasons but that's about it, still averaging low to mid 30s in that format and there are others like shuvagata, asif ahmed, naeem, marshall, nurul etc who deserve it more (and tbh are probably more talented as well).

like you say we've got better options as pure bats and nurul (probably others to) as a better option as a pure keeper (but i'd place nurul as a better keeper bat and bat keeper at this point anyway).
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 16, 2014, 08:05 PM
Nasif's Avatar
Nasif Nasif is offline
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development
 
Join Date: October 4, 2002
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 8,654

Where is the match thread?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 16, 2014, 08:20 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is online now
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Where is the match thread?
ami ami ami ami ami!!!!!

please bhaia...please...i wanna do it
__________________
dale
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 16, 2014, 10:15 PM
SS SS is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 9,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
unless he's improved dramatically he shouldn't be there, he's done pretty well with racking up FC tons in the last couple of seasons but that's about it, still averaging low to mid 30s in that format and there are others like shuvagata, asif ahmed, naeem, marshall, nurul etc who deserve it more (and tbh are probably more talented as well).

like you say we've got better options as pure bats and nurul (probably others to) as a better option as a pure keeper (but i'd place nurul as a better keeper bat and bat keeper at this point anyway).
Mithun Chakrabarti Ali er nam shuinai automatic choice.. Amar num ya Jodi famous hoito taile hoito amar bhaggo tao Valo hoito
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 17, 2014, 04:00 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
unless he's improved dramatically he shouldn't be there, he's done pretty well with racking up FC tons in the last couple of seasons but that's about it, still averaging low to mid 30s in that format and there are others like shuvagata, asif ahmed, naeem, marshall, nurul etc who deserve it more (and tbh are probably more talented as well).

like you say we've got better options as pure bats and nurul (probably others to) as a better option as a pure keeper (but i'd place nurul as a better keeper bat and bat keeper at this point anyway).
Agree with you. Not a good message to send when you snub more deserving players.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 18, 2014, 01:14 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Agree with you. Not a good message to send when you snub more deserving players.
nurul is actually an important prospect, given his ability with both bat and gloves he could free up mushy (potentially BD's greatest ever batsman) to become what he can become as a batsman.

and no it's not a good message to snub more deserving players.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket