facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 16, 2018, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_st
Sarkar is a versatile cricketer. A handy player for us and deserve much more credit. His counterattack batting style can demoralise a good bowler and he is a good catcher of the ball too. Good fielding has so much positive impact on the game. I think Sarkar and Liton should be persisted for long time.
He can also bowl some handy pace.

Last edited by Gowza; December 17, 2018 at 05:04 AM..

Old December 17, 2018, 04:25 AM
Banned for 6 months

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Hack in t20s. Clueless how to play it. As if he thinks time is running out so quickly ! Looks rushed easily!
Old December 17, 2018, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Hack in t20s. Clueless how to play it. As if he thinks time is running out so quickly ! Looks rushed easily!
He will come back good. I think he should be persisted with. the only format soumya shouldn't play is test.
Old December 17, 2018, 10:20 AM
Banned for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
He will come back good. I think he should be persisted with. the only format soumya shouldn't play is test.
Odi is his best format. Guys like sarkar and Liton should be leading towards 2023 ODI WC. Long term plans. But as for T20s I'm not convinced about both. It's not about having ability to be able to play quick big hitting innings, it's good game match sense and awareness. Look at how Mahela Jaya and Sanga won the world t20 for SL, How both batted within themselves and launched/attacked at right times, both played big shots when well set against mostly spinners. Look at how Kohli, Kane, Root pace the innings and go about at t20s, they don't go gung-ho but still
Manager to score well and with good SR.
Sarkar seems like wannabe Afridi or Gayle trying to overdo it, trying to over muscle it, not keeping his shape, not thinking well At t20s. It's though as if he feels time is too short and gets hurried. 20 overs still lot time you can learn from the players mentioned above how to pace it.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; December 17, 2018 at 11:02 AM..
Old December 17, 2018, 10:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
All BD batsmen are hack in this format.
Mushy recently improved, even the seniors are inconsistent
But yes I dont remember SS playing a solid T20 inn ever.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 17, 2018, 10:32 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I think Mithun is better suited for T20s. Soumya should focus on ODIs only for now. He is just starting to got into a streak of good performances. I feel like playing T20s may ruin it for him
Old December 17, 2018, 10:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I think Mithun is better suited for T20s. Soumya should focus on ODIs only for now. He is just starting to got into a streak of good performances. I feel like playing T20s may ruin it for him
Ya, I remember Metoin playing some good inn in BPL.
SS is just not versatile enough to feature in other formats.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 17, 2018, 11:04 AM
Banned for 6 months

Samsun rahman was one of leading run scorer Bpl once. He was a good free flowing batsman dropped too soon especially at t20s. The issue was trying to make the dude play all 3 formats expecting results when he got into the side based on Bpl t20s. BD selectors know best how to destroy players.
Old December 17, 2018, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

^100% right. They also destroyed Gazi's test career the same way. Stop trying new guys in every format you despicable morons! Let them develop their game in just one format for some time.
Old December 17, 2018, 11:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Tamim started the trend (in this game) and the other two (Litton and SS) followed. They all got out in similar manner.

Mushfiq and Sakib could have rebuilt the innings but hesitant Mushfiq got run out.

Ryiad whrn back to his shell, neither he could stay long enough, not could he play with a good RR.

Out of the Big four, three failed along with the rest.
Old December 17, 2018, 11:46 AM
Banned for 6 months

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
I am with Roey on this. Soumya has to continue the way he has always played which is to be an aggressive batsman. The main selling point for him is that he can utilize the fielding restriction and if he stays on the wicket for 15 overs, we will be in a good position to win a match. Maybe he will become more matured and patient like Tamim is now some day and we will have to find him a different role then. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Yes. But I still think that since ODI is such a huge canvas you can still patiently graft your innings. People like Rohit Sharma takes time to settle in and then explodes. In fact, as the commentator said: "He has the right to play these kind of shots" after he reached 50.

Call me a hopeless classicist, but I still think the orthodox approach which Shamim Chowdhury - albeit diligently- points out of settling in, getting a feel for the wicket, not to mindlessly hit aerial ball after hitting a six - as Athar would vouch- DOES pay dividends.

For Soumya it is almost an axiom that should he get settled getting 30-40 runs, he becomes unstoppable.
Old December 17, 2018, 11:50 AM
Banned for 6 months

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Tamim started the trend (in this game) and the other two (Litton and SS) followed. They all got out in similar manner.

Mushfiq and Sakib could have rebuilt the innings but hesitant Mushfiq got run out.

Ryiad whrn back to his shell, neither he could stay long enough, not could he play with a good RR.

Out of the Big four, three failed along with the rest.
Well it's not always this or that, either passive or aggressive. You dance. You blend in aggression with caution. It's as simple as that.

And Tamim IS right when he said Bangladesh wouldn't produce any players like Sehwag.

I used to go to these OBNOXIOUS Bangali parties and one STOOGE would always coerce others into making their shots and give ideas and play for them in carrom board.

SAME theory applies in our culture. Amra onner hoye khelte chai vicariously. Arrey beta tayle tui nije giya khel eto biddya shagor hoile. Certain "reporter's" attitude comes to mind.

As a coach, think tank and and leader, you need to put your FAITH and TRUST on your players after doing the hard work and LET THEM DECIDE the best approach. Sit back, you have done your job and at least give the decency called respect and trust on your players.

As Charles Duhigg mentioned in Power of Habit, one a group of Navy SEALs were told to clean a room yet no one gave them the instructions on where the brushes and sweeps are.

Figure it out yourself!!

Amader atel marka BC-r mentality hochche spoon feed koira lokma lokma mowa tuila khawaye diya. Nijera to lifey kisui korte parla... be it third rate journalist or something 'else'.

*retch*
Old December 18, 2018, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Amader atel marka BC-r mentality hochche spoon feed koira lokma lokma mowa tuila khawaye diya. Nijera to lifey kisui korte parla... be it third rate journalist or something 'else'.
সাত কোটি সন্তানের হে মুগ্ধ জননী, রেখেছ বাঙালী করে মানুষ করনি - রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old December 18, 2018, 10:21 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^100% right. They also destroyed Gazi's test career the same way. Stop trying new guys in every format you despicable morons! Let them develop their game in just one format for some time.
no one destroyed Gazi's test career. he was called for chucking
Old December 18, 2018, 01:46 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
no one destroyed Gazi's test career. he was called for chucking
Yup.. called for chucking.. got himself involved in a scandal and then when he returned.. he wasn't half as effective
Old December 18, 2018, 02:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Yup.. called for chucking.. got himself involved in a scandal and then when he returned.. he wasn't half as effective

... and I think also he was caught skipping training under new head coach. A player needs to take his career more seriously.
Old January 19, 2019, 01:36 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
One point of concern is that Rajshahi Kings had dropped Soumya Sarkar, the top-order batsman, from their last game after he returned 35 runs in five innings. Sarkar, however, will be on the trip to New Zealand.

"Most of the (franchise) owners are Bangladeshi and therefore you would think they have a strong interest in playing Bangladeshi players. But, having said that, they are here to win as well and if it means that some of the foreign stars get a go and Soumya doesn't, then that's because maybe Soumya hasn't scored the runs that they wanted," said Rhodes.

"I can understand it, you can only play so many players, and it's up to Soumya and others to make sure they stay in that team and do well."

On the subject of Sarkar, Rhodes said that the player must also try and figure out what role he wants to see himself in. "He is a player that can play all formats, he can bat in lots of different positions. I think, sometimes, being the player that does that, sometimes you don't quite nail that position. Is he an opener, is he a middle-order player, is he an all-rounder?

"Those are the questions that still remain maybe unanswered. There is only one guy who can answer that and that's Soumya, to hopefully get some consistency and success regularly in one position. But he's a very good player to have because of that simple fact that he could do several things."
Source: Cricinfo

Seems like Soumya has his work cut out. According to Rhodes at least.