facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2018, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Sometimes a player starts off his career with a certain role, then in time adapts.

Does Soumya have the potential to fit in as an all rounder?

In other words in T20's or ODI bat at 7, and bowl. His role with the bat with then mean to throw it around, get quick runs. He seems to be quite underrated as a bowler. Very good with his yorkers, slower deliveries.

In fact one cant say Soumya is far behind Saifuddin with the ball.

Old March 22, 2018, 07:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Sarkar has no role in the T20 team.

He has some hope in ODIs and better chances at Tests.

Sadly he is one of those players who had an amazing career in front of him. But he is his own barrier!
Old March 22, 2018, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Sarkar has no role in the T20 team.

He has some hope in ODIs and better chances at Tests.

Sadly he is one of those players who had an amazing career in front of him. But he is his own barrier!
What if he is given the role of the last 5 over batsman with the license to hit.

And of course he develops his bowling, works on his pace a bit. As it is, he can bowl 125-130
Old March 22, 2018, 08:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

I was really impressed with his bowling capabilities. He can bowl yorkers at will. His slowers are good too, but he is a gentle med-pacer anyway.

As a batsman, he is a nervous starter, feet don't move at all under pressure. He also s**** at spin. Not good with rotation and running bet'n the wickets. He isn't a power hitter by nature, rather scores on his timing. I can't place him anywhere other than an opening batsman. But he needs to work on his footwork and against spin bowling. All BAN batsmen need to work on playing short balls and spin bowling. He can be an effective all-rounder in LOI cricket for BAN.

I stand against the current wave of "Drop Soumya" on social media.
Old March 22, 2018, 08:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

As a neutral observer without bias, I would say Soumya has underachieved considering he has some ability and talent. A little bit like Dinesh Karthik of India, his career has been neither here nor there. Laxman used to play like this initially when he was not sure of his place in the side.Once Soumya gains confidence, he would be a different player.
Old October 29, 2018, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

So this may be an unpopular opinion, I did not like Soumya's century innings.

Let me first say that I value Soumya over Liton for our long term plans. Soumya has been good for the most part, only undone by one of the worst patches of form by any Bd batsman ever. So it is very much fixable, whatever he has, and with enough games he will be first good enough, and then great! Liton on the other hand, has been ups and downs the whole time he is here, and this is harder form trajectory to fix in my opinion.

Having said that, I thought Soumya's century consisted of mostly ugly shots. Completely cross batted, not too much footwork, he just got lucky as Zim's two bowling replacements were even worse than what they had for the 1st and 2nd ODI! Seems like Bd let Zim borrow its selectors for that game. lol. If this will be his batting mantra from now on, he will get found out pretty quickly.

I want the old Soumya back. My favorite innings of his so far is his 51 against NZ in the 2015 world cup.
Old October 29, 2018, 01:46 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't see that many cross-batted shots. Yes, there are too many lofted shots over mid-wicket and long-on regions mostly with the spin, some against the spin and few against pacers (one got him out). Once you're settled and feel like flying with confidence, you play wherever and whichever way you want as long as you're scoring runs quickly...

Old October 31, 2018, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Somiya/Sumaya/Sumo Sarkar is a beast when he is on song!
Old November 1, 2018, 05:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Perhaps this is the turning point for Sarkar to get his confidence back. I hope he doesnt turn out to be a minnow basher.

The difference between him and Kayes when they both scored 100s were that Kayes shots were quite to fielders. It was also nice how he read the spinners and came down to them, but doing that against better quality spinners and he could get himself into trouble.

I hope he comes back to form
Old November 1, 2018, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

I want to see Tamim, Soumya & Imrul in top 3 in ODI's provided they carry on their consistencies. It will be simply majestic if all 3 go into WC in full form.