facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 26, 2012, 08:05 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,316
BDFlag Congrats Bijoy for Finishing WC as the leading scorer!!!

Feels good to have a Bangladeshi top of the world in something apart from Shakib's now-routine all-rounder perch!

365 runs. An average of just over 60 at a solid strike rate of 85. 2 hundreds. 3 fifty plus scores.

Well played Captain's tourney! Salute young Tiger...and stay HUNGRY!

101 v SL
39 v RSA
32 v NAM
9 v AUS
56 v ENG
128 v PAK
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 26, 2012, 08:09 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,311

Congrats Anamul! Proud of you
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 26, 2012, 08:37 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,252

Congrats anamul mate! Great job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 26, 2012, 08:41 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,890

Keep it up
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,226

ONLY 9 v Australia and a strike rate below 100! We M-U-S-T make this newest hype wait another 5 years before he gets a do-or-die series (score at least 50 in each innings or be banished forever) with the national team. Surely we can wait even more with great, experienced players like DaRok, Nazimuddin, Aumi, Imroze and Zia just waiting to set international cricket on fire. Even Rajin, Mushfik Babu, "Decans", "Sejan", MS and SR Shubho, Mithun and Myshukur would do better than this newest fifth columnist. Heck, bring Golla out of retirement.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 26, 2012, 09:03 AM
AMD128 AMD128 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 29, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.
Posts: 1,180

He's making his debut for the series against Windies later this year. Insha'Allah.
__________________
Image Signature dawa jay na.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

sohel bhaier kirmi hoilo naki?

Anyways, well done anamul, a son of a bangali being the highest run getter in such a prestigious tournament is very much heartening
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 26, 2012, 09:57 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,860

Sorry Asaad for off-topic discussion.

Had U-19 and the intl stage were same obviously we would be World #1, if not around #3 or #4, no? Chopping and changing with inexperienced players and banking on hope is not good for any team. A reminder of Graham Smith comments are necessary time to time for having a strong BD side. Plus see current Zim. And if that doesn't help see Pujara, Kohli and so many others who had to wait. Waiting is a good thing not bad.

Ar jeita rey bair korar dorkar tar naam kau nei na. Golden spoon Motin'er mukhey!!
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
patriot's Avatar
patriot patriot is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Glasgow,UK
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan
Posts: 1,231

If you were the coach , whom would you have in your team? Unmukht Chand or Anamul Hoque?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 26, 2012, 11:16 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,555

W O W
A bangladeshi topping the tourney with the bat !! That's great. Contracts Anamul.
Making runs in Ausi conditions is really tough. Special thanks to u. Just carry on boy.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
zinatf's Avatar
zinatf zinatf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 1, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee
Posts: 4,663

Congratulations Anamul! Proud of you. Hope he maintains this and keep on performing consistently.
__________________
jitsi jitsi jitsi
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 26, 2012, 12:29 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sorry Asaad for off-topic discussion.

Had U-19 and the intl stage were same obviously we would be World #1, if not around #3 or #4, no? Chopping and changing with inexperienced players and banking on hope is not good for any team. A reminder of Graham Smith comments are necessary time to time for having a strong BD side. Plus see current Zim. And if that doesn't help see Pujara, Kohli and so many others who had to wait. Waiting is a good thing not bad.

Ar jeita rey bair korar dorkar tar naam kau nei na. Golden spoon Motin'er mukhey!!
Some players are ready way before. Shakib, tamim, mushy, Nasir, Rubel are examples of teenage debutants who are rock solid members of our team in at least one format. Most relevant is that ALL of them were either mediocre players or unimpressive the first few seasons. Anamul is ready now because he has talent + application. Guys like nazimuddin kayes etc are more limited players who require seasoning. Ashraful has played domestics for how long now? Shikse kisu? If anamul is destined to fail he will fail regardless of getting 2-3 unecessary seasons in a weak domestic league. What would Lebron have gAined by staying in college for 2 years?

Besides most of our international engagement are against WI/SL/ZIM and other weaker sides. Were not touring SA anytime soon.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

echoing what Furqaan bhai said directly and also sohel from his sarcastic post

I think it will do no harm giving this guy a go. If he has the mentality for international cricket then why hold back? And hold back to where? Our first class tournaments thukku tournament that is similar to picnic cricket.

If he is mentally prepared then give him chances. Some say giving a chance early ruins one career. Well I disagree. If a promising star fails when he got an early chance, how can we gurantee that weve spoiled his career? If he cant perform now how can we gurantee that he couldve been a much cricketer later on?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
shajib14's Avatar
shajib14 shajib14 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan
Posts: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Some players are ready way before. Shakib, tamim, mushy, Nasir, Rubel are examples of teenage debutants who are rock solid members of our team in at least one format. Most relevant is that ALL of them were either mediocre players or unimpressive the first few seasons. Anamul is ready now because he has talent + application. Guys like nazimuddin kayes etc are more limited players who require seasoning. Ashraful has played domestics for how long now? Shikse kisu? If anamul is destined to fail he will fail regardless of getting 2-3 unecessary seasons in a weak domestic league. What would Lebron have gAined by staying in college for 2 years?

Besides most of our international engagement are against WI/SL/ZIM and other weaker sides. Were not touring SA anytime soon.
100% agreed.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,316

It appears as though people aren't opposed to Anam being included because he's not ready, but out of fear that he will somehow fail. If its the former, than people need to have their heads examined! Anam has a very un-Bangladeshi habit of hitting hundreds at every level he's played in. I have no qualms of keeping Anam in every A team tour for the next 4 years, so long as he's also playing in every Test. We don't play enough Tests to worry about burn out and neither does he bowl or keep wicket at the highest level.

To reiterate, Tamim was drafted into the side based purely on potential and 2 sixes he hit against a woeful Zimbabwe team. That was it, thats the whole reason he was picked. He didn't turn out too badly.

Did Nasir even have any FC or List A hundreds before he made his debut?

Anam has hit 5 FC hundreds already, 3 hundreds in YODIs, has a YTest MoM award, led a YWC in run scoring, has hit hundreds in the DPL, had a 169 vs a RSA Academy side where every bowler had first class exposure, has scored runs in foreign conditions, has batted up the order and in tough situations. Contrary to needing more "seasoning" as if he's mere meat, never has a Bangladeshi teenager been MORE ready for the national team! No one has a guarantee of preparedness, but this is as close as you can ever get.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
It appears as though people aren't opposed to Anam being included because he's not ready, but out of fear that he will somehow fail. If its the former, than people need to have their heads examined! Anam has a very un-Bangladeshi habit of hitting hundreds at every level he's played in. I have no qualms of keeping Anam in every A team tour for the next 4 years, so long as he's also playing in every Test. We don't play enough Tests to worry about burn out and neither does he bowl or keep wicket at the highest level.

To reiterate, Tamim was drafted into the side based purely on potential and 2 sixes he hit against a woeful Zimbabwe team. That was it, thats the whole reason he was picked. He didn't turn out too badly.

Did Nasir even have any FC or List A hundreds before he made his debut?

Anam has hit 5 FC hundreds already, 3 hundreds in YODIs, has a YTest MoM award, led a YWC in run scoring, has hit hundreds in the DPL, had a 169 vs a RSA Academy side where every bowler had first class exposure, has scored runs in foreign conditions, has batted up the order and in tough situations. Contrary to needing more "seasoning" as if he's mere meat, never has a Bangladeshi teenager been MORE ready for the national team! No one has a guarantee of preparedness, but this is as close as you can ever get.
yes he's definitely more ready than any other youngster has been when being fast tracked to the national team, actually he's on par or ahead of a lot of players that haven't been fast tracked and worked a bit more to get there.

i'm not surprised this fear is here, ash was a major talent that went wrong, we also had aftab and kapali who were pretty big talents, but BD cricket was in a different place, different results were expected, the occasional great innings and occasional win was ok back then, nowadays more is expected and even though BD still aren't great at developing talent they are better than they were back then when those guys first came through.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 26, 2012, 10:13 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yes he's definitely more ready than any other youngster has been when being fast tracked to the national team, actually he's on par or ahead of a lot of players that haven't been fast tracked and worked a bit more to get there.

i'm not surprised this fear is here, ash was a major talent that went wrong, we also had aftab and kapali who were pretty big talents, but BD cricket was in a different place, different results were expected, the occasional great innings and occasional win was ok back then, nowadays more is expected and even though BD still aren't great at developing talent they are better than they were back then when those guys first came through.
But Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Nasir all debuted after AAA. Yes we have Imrul, Jahirul, Nazimuddin, but those guys were always "hard-working" types who lacked the inheret "talent" of the aforementioned. Also they came in on the back of a single season of domestic play.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 26, 2012, 10:31 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
But Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Nasir all debuted after AAA. Yes we have Imrul, Jahirul, Nazimuddin, but those guys were always "hard-working" types who lacked the inheret "talent" of the aforementioned. Also they came in on the back of a single season of domestic play.
for sure i agree, but people see ashraful especially as a rare talent, and i guess anamul has that to and that's why they think of ash and his failure when thinking of anamul or any hugely talented youngster. but as i said in my post above it's a different time now and the development process is a bit better, players are succeeding a lot more and coming into a better environment than there was back then.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old August 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,919

If it was not for that controversial caught behind OUT against the Aussies : source prothom alo by Sarwar Imran, Anamul probably would have led the team at least to the semis and ended up with 400+ runs. Clearly the MVP for this WC U19
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old August 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,919

Anamul is very close to be ready for the National Team. We will play West Indies high performance team very soon. Let him play all those matches.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old August 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,333

Anam certainly proved by now that he is way ahead of average U19 level, par or even better in potential in A team or Academy lot. Knowing the crap and bit these team heardly ever developed any player in out cricket history, Anam surely need much more challenge and quality work that these team can provide. In that sense I think Anam should be placed in national team, playing in eleven or not, let him tour with national team, hang around, practice with big boys and coaches. Physically he is still teen aged and his mind could so time again, which is a concern alright, but with his hungriness and ambition for doing better as he showed so far, being in national team wont do much harm than good compare to A team or Academy. If we drag him to national team, then it must has to be for a long term, no way for a series or like, rather at least for 1 or 2 years long.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old August 27, 2012, 12:52 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

Congrats Bijoy! Great potential, nothing that we didn't know already. But the problem the closest to him is probably Shoummo and then there's really no one who scores big or consistently.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old August 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Congrats Bijoy! Great potential, nothing that we didn't know already. But the problem the closest to him is probably Shoummo and then there's really no one who scores big or consistently.
well in u19s there is no one else near him from the BD boys. from the older felllows it's guys like shuvagata, mominul. but i think anamul is on par with this guys at least.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old August 27, 2012, 02:12 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,226

I rate Bijauy higher than Hom. Not nearly as confident about MH Shouraubh's ability to succeed and sustain success at the highest level, and as much as I want to, won't rate him at that level. I rate SR Rumman higher than him at this point.

SoSa and LKD have long ways to go, and sorry, I don't think Ratul will make it against quality bowlers under pressure.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old August 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,324

im enjoying the love for Anamul. Im all for Anamul to be tried out for tests & possibly ODI's. Its quite evident that he is a test batsmen. BD desperately need a batsmen that wants to stay in the crease for long periods of time. We dont have a batsmen that can do that in the team. Also our #3 batting position has been troubling us for a while and to me Anamul seems to be the perfect fit. Ive got faith in this kid.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket