facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 24, 2012, 06:06 AM
Cricket Legend

He looks like sir ash

Old March 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

He should debut in the T20 WC but should not be considered for the other two formats until he is tested at the A team or Academy level. His List A stats are Nazimuddin-esque, actually even worse. But in general I think it was good that he was included in the squad and got to be with the team. I think we did the same with Nasir in 2010. I've always been a proponent of having these young players as non-playing members of the squad, when we are playing at home, who train with the regular squad.
Old March 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
Cricket Guru

seems like a promising player. But as a lot of you said, it's too early and he should be tested first in A teams etc.
Old March 24, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm glad he was in the dressing room for the best 4 match stretch our team has had (I rank this higher than the NZ 4-0). His tears at the end of the loss, despite that he didnt contribute at all to any wins or losses showed that he has been inducted into the team in soul and spirit.

Nazimuddin or whoever would have played deserved their chances. I'm glad everyone got a chance to prove himself, with only Riyad being successful. OK, maybe Jahirul deserves another chance at #3 before Ash gets recalled (you know its only a matter of time...I hope he finally is ready). But its time for Anamul to partner with Tamim at the top.

Eventually I hope Anamul, Asif, and Mominul will form the bedrock of a solid and balanced top/middle order with Tamim, Mushy, and Shakib + Nasir.
i don't mean to sound harsh towards ashraful but the team has clearly performed better and had a better attitude without him in the team/squad. i don't know if it's coincidence or whether ash just has a big influence on the team but the performance and attitude of the team nowadays speaks for itself.

i would prefer it if hom was to get a recall before ash did, or even asif or mominul, even naeem. but we need to select carefully right now. the team has a great attitude, we don't want to insert anyone who will put a negative impact on them so we need to pick players who perform and have the right attitude. anamul seems to be that, i'm not sure the attitudes of hom, mominul or asif but i think they are our big batting prospects so whoever has the best attitude out of those guys would be a good selection imo.

although i am swayed to give jahurul another series at #3, he did ok, showed promise but the next series is a make or break for him. a good series and he gets a long term spot and poor one and he's out for awhile.
Old March 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i don't mean to sound harsh towards ashraful but the team has clearly performed better and had a better attitude without him in the team/squad. i don't know if it's coincidence or whether ash just has a big influence on the team but the performance and attitude of the team nowadays speaks for itself.

i would prefer it if hom was to get a recall before ash did, or even asif or mominul, even naeem. but we need to select carefully right now. the team has a great attitude, we don't want to insert anyone who will put a negative impact on them so we need to pick players who perform and have the right attitude. anamul seems to be that, i'm not sure the attitudes of hom, mominul or asif but i think they are our big batting prospects so whoever has the best attitude out of those guys would be a good selection imo.

although i am swayed to give jahurul another series at #3, he did ok, showed promise but the next series is a make or break for him. a good series and he gets a long term spot and poor one and he's out for awhile.
At some point he will probably get selected as one of Nazimuddin, Kayes, Jaharul is likely to suck at some point in the future and he scores some runs in the domestics. All I'm saying is whoever gets selected should get several chances on the trot to cement his place. Lesser "talents" like Nazimuddin, Kayes, Jaharul deserve 3-4 innings. Bigger talents like Alok, Ash, Aftab deserve 5-10 because the opportunity cost between a bigger talent and smaller one is much greater. If Kayes is wrongfully dropped, whoever replaces him will probably equal or even exceed his output. Not so if you drop a potential team leader. Remember the PAK tour of 2008, a lot of people were talking about dropping Shakib who in two years had a few meaningless fifties, and a hundred against lowly Canada. At the time we had no idea how skilled Shakib was. Imagine if we had dropped him saying "hes played 2 years and 50 innings and zero consistency". Whoever his replacement would have been would have been so far under his quality that it would been a colossal loss to the team.

After posting all that, I just realized, nevermind you're probbaly right, because Ash will never be as consistent as Shakib or Tamim. At best he'll be the guy who can score consistent "useful" innings and his bi-yearly Eids. In that case we already have Nasir.

So nevermind, you're right. Disregard all that.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 24, 2012, 05:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

ভাই ও ভইনরা কিছু মনে নিয়েন না
আমগো দর্শক আর দল নির্বাচকগো মধ্যে খুব একটা তফাত নাই
এই যে একটা পোলাপাইনরে ১৫ জনের দলে রাখলো তা তার কি আসলেই বলার মতো কোন কিছু আছে
বিসি এর এইখানের জনগনের উচ্ছাস্ দেইখা তো মনে হইতাছে নতুন তেন্দুলকার পা্ইয়া গেলাম বইল্লা
তা তার পরিসংখ্যান কি বলে চলেন দেহি :

প্রথম শ্রেণীর খেলায় গড় ৩৭.৩৪ এই বছরের গড় ৩৪.১৮ [৪০+ গড় কিন্ত্ত অনেকেরই আছে এই বছর]
লিস্ট এ এর গড় ১৬.২৮ [ওপস্ কি আর করা সত্যই তাই] এই বছর বিসিবি-এর তিনদলের খেলায় গড় ১৪.০০ [ওপস্]

আমি কই কি এই সব পোলাপাইনের কলার-টা উঠাইয়া দেওনের ব্যবস্হা না কইরা
ওগোরে ব্যটিং টা ভালা একটা ব্যটিং কোচ আইন্না বিসিবি শেখাইতে পারে

জাতীয় দলে এই রকম বোলারগো গড়ে রান কইরা ব্যটার হিসাবে টপ অর্ডারে সুযোগ পাইলে
আর যাই হোক আমগো ক্রিকেটের কোন উন্নতি হইবো না

@আনামুল
ভাই তুমি যদি এই লেহাডা পইড়া ফেলাও তো কই কি লেহাডার ভালো দিক-টা দেইহো
তোমারে ভালো ব্যটার হইতে হইলে আরো বহুত মেহেনত করতে হইবো
Old March 24, 2012, 06:04 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boka
ভাই ও ভইনরা কিছু মনে নিয়েন না
আমগো দর্শক আর দল নির্বাচকগো মধ্যে খুব একটা তফাত নাই
এই যে একটা পোলাপাইনরে ১৫ জনের দলে রাখলো তা তার কি আসলেই বলার মতো কোন কিছু আছে
বিসি এর এইখানের জনগনের উচ্ছাস্ দেইখা তো মনে হইতাছে নতুন তেন্দুলকার পা্ইয়া গেলাম বইল্লা
তা তার পরিসংখ্যান কি বলে চলেন দেহি :

প্রথম শ্রেণীর খেলায় গড় ৩৭.৩৪ এই বছরের গড় ৩৪.১৮ [৪০+ গড় কিন্ত্ত অনেকেরই আছে এই বছর]
লিস্ট এ এর গড় ১৬.২৮ [ওপস্ কি আর করা সত্যই তাই] এই বছর বিসিবি-এর তিনদলের খেলায় গড় ১৪.০০ [ওপস্]

আমি কই কি এই সব পোলাপাইনের কলার-টা উঠাইয়া দেওনের ব্যবস্হা না কইরা
ওগোরে ব্যটিং টা ভালা একটা ব্যটিং কোচ আইন্না বিসিবি শেখাইতে পারে

জাতীয় দলে এই রকম বোলারগো গড়ে রান কইরা ব্যটার হিসাবে টপ অর্ডারে সুযোগ পাইলে
আর যাই হোক আমগো ক্রিকেটের কোন উন্নতি হইবো না

@আনামুল
ভাই তুমি যদি এই লেহাডা পইড়া ফেলাও তো কই কি লেহাডার ভালো দিক-টা দেইহো
তোমারে ভালো ব্যটার হইতে হইলে আরো বহুত মেহেনত করতে হইবো
Boka bhai (amra shobai jani apni boka nah =p), khali protishongkhan diyei ekta player-er maap ar khomota bujha jai nah. Apni Nasir kei dekhun. O to Anamuler boyosher kacha kachi ar tar first-class ar list-a batting average oi rokom kichu nah (33.09 and 32.09 respectively) Kintu shei to eshei pakistan, indiar moto dolkei chomkiyei diyei geche.

Anamul-er ei khomota thaktei parei. O team-er ashei pashei thaklei shei Shakib-Tamim-Mash-Mushfiqer kach thekei onek kichu shiktei parbei ar InshAllah bhaloi korbei jokhon debut korbei. Or oi manushikota ta achei.
Old March 24, 2012, 07:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

নভো
একটু ভুল হইতাছে মনে হয় ---
পরিসংখ্যান একজন ক্রিকেটার কি করতাছে তাই বলে
আর জাতীয় দলটা তো আর বাচ্চাগো শেখার জায়গা হইতে পারে না
নাসির কিন্ত্ত দলে সুযোগ পাইছিলো তার অলরাউন্ড ক্ষমতার জন্য
তারপরও আপনার কাছেই জিগাই ১৬ আর ৩২ কি এক হইলো ??!!

আর যদি ছোট্ট একটা দিকে নজর দেন তো দেখবেন
নতুন বাচ্চাদের সুযোগ দেওয়ার নামে আমরা কত্তগুলান পোলাপানের সর্বনাশ করছি
তালিকা-টা কিন্ত্ত ছোট্ট না.......
Old March 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Another hundred in DPL, i cant believe this guy wasn't in the team for the Asia cup final. He could turn out to be a better batsman than Tamim, cant wait for his international debut
Old March 28, 2012, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Another hundred in DPL, i cant believe this guy wasn't in the team for the Asia cup final. He could turn out to be a better batsman than Tamim, cant wait for his international debut
Hahahah!!!
He has improved a lot in terms of playing spin bowling, however as far as fast bowling is concerned, he still has a long way to go before he can be termed even half as good as Tamim...

He is not a great player of short bowling btw..
Old March 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

congratz anamul vai...good hundred , keep it up.
Old March 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Old March 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
He looks like sir ash
That's what I also thought, looks like Ashraful-er choto bhai.

Hope he gets Ashraful's talent, but not his brain.
Old March 28, 2012, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I want to see him in the national team permanently in 2 years time, but for now let him play more in domestic leagues
Old March 28, 2012, 11:48 PM
Cricket Guru

one of anamul's assets is that he scores hundreds pretty regularly, he's not the sort of player who just scores fifties he will score centuries and that's a trait which is a bit hard to find in a BD batsman. he got a couple of tons in both the NCL and DPL this season how many have done that?

he's a really good prospect and i'd be picking him for the 2nd opener spot next series.
Old March 28, 2012, 11:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Hahahah!!!
He has improved a lot in terms of playing spin bowling, however as far as fast bowling is concerned, he still has a long way to go before he can be termed even half as good as Tamim...

He is not a great player of short bowling btw..
yes well tamim is a pretty good batsman so i wouldn't expect anamul to be better than him just yet but what is being said is that by the end of their careers anamul could potentially be better than tamim....who knows that's so long away and a very long journey. but a lot of people not just on the forums but coaches think he is a pretty special player and ready for international cricket, and with our 2nd opener issues i think it's time for anamul to get a shot. if they drop nazimuddin then it will be really unfair not to give the nod to anamul since he was selected in the last, that should mean that he's next in line.

the thing with BD selection is that it can be all over the place. imo if you're going to select someone into the squad you better be willing to give them a spot in the XI if someone was to get injured or lose form/not work out otherwise you're sending mixed messages and it only harms.
Old March 29, 2012, 05:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I like this guy, he looks to be cool, composed and a real team player!

I think zim series will be ideal for him as it was for hom and nasir, the former ofcourse didnt shine later on but yeah, a good find and perhaps a right handed opener whom we really needed in the top level

BPL has done wonders to our cricket !
Old March 29, 2012, 08:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

BTW, I know I whined about having official threads for all the players especially the lesser-known ones but now I think it is an excellent idea. These threads act as a timeline and maps the development of these players so that years from now we can come back here and identify exactly how and when opinions about particular players changed. Their high-points and their low-points with interviews and newpaper reports from the time. Excellent for referencing. I just wish Shakib and Tamim's official threads had been opened earlier.
Old March 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yes well tamim is a pretty good batsman so i wouldn't expect anamul to be better than him just yet but what is being said is that by the end of their careers anamul could potentially be better than tamim....who knows that's so long away and a very long journey. but a lot of people not just on the forums but coaches think he is a pretty special player and ready for international cricket, and with our 2nd opener issues i think it's time for anamul to get a shot. if they drop nazimuddin then it will be really unfair not to give the nod to anamul since he was selected in the last, that should mean that he's next in line.

the thing with BD selection is that it can be all over the place. imo if you're going to select someone into the squad you better be willing to give them a spot in the XI if someone was to get injured or lose form/not work out otherwise you're sending mixed messages and it only harms.
Okay let's compare oranges to oranges, that is look at youth ODIs only (U19):

Anamul has been marginally better than Tamim in the past in U19s against G8s. Batsmen with over 200 runs in U19 ODIs:

And for U19 openers against G8 with more than 200 runs:

Tamim and Anamul look similar in performance as U19s, with Anamul marginally better.
Now the question comes down to: how do their foundations differ? Is Anamul more technically sound then Tamim to grow farther? That too is close with Anamul better: As openers, Anamul was bowled 3 times out of 17(with a 51 average) and Tamim 4 out of 17 (with a 34 average). http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting
Performance of players when opened and bowled:

My verdict is looking at numbers Anamul has been slightly better with potential to exceeding Tamim. Cool, Thanks for helping me understand a bit more.

Please point out any suggestions about assumption I have made - e.g. being bowled I assumed as a sign of technical flaw on average.

Oh btw, Nazimuddin had a 15 average in U19 from 7 matches in 2003-2004 time frame. Against G8.
(He is not on the top list above as he did not accumulate more than 200 runs, he has 106)
Old March 30, 2012, 02:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Anamul bijoy is born in bijoy dibos(16th dec,1992)
Old March 30, 2012, 03:20 AM
Banned

anamul seems like a good batsman but I think he WILL improve with exposure to intl cricket and BPL

When tamim first came in he was pretty ordinary who would have some recklessness in him. Now that recklessness is turned into confidence and no batter what bowlers he face, be it Gul or malinga he makes even quality deliveries turn ordinary. Which shows that tamim has worked very hard in recent times.

So no matter how classy anamul looks now, he can only get better unless he gets attacked by Ash Cancer. And not to mention he is much better than nazimuddin and imrul as an opener. Infact, Id like anamul at the top because it give L/R combination which is gives advantage plus he is a level headed cricketer and his shot looks classy and def. this guy brims with confidence
Old March 30, 2012, 07:05 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Anamul bijoy is born in bijoy dibos(16th dec,1992)
Thats why his name is bijoy. Crèdit goes to his parents

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 30, 2012, 07:30 AM
Banned

^

amar daknamo bijoy!
Old March 30, 2012, 07:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
^

amar daknamo bijoy!