facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old November 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
Farhan_98 Farhan_98 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 11, 2011
Favorite Player: Shakib,Mushy,Nasir,Naeem
Posts: 54

I was Born in England while My Mum and Dad were born in Syhlet.
__________________
No... we are not a better team without Shakib and Tamim
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old November 12, 2011, 12:57 PM
shiplu shiplu is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2005
Location: Sussex, England
Favorite Player: Tiqbal
Posts: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan_98
I Want to know how to play for Bangladesh. I'm not going to join as I'm 13 and from the UK but was wandering how young kids could get into BD SQUAD
Imagine if you become the best player in the Bangladesh team and then if England wants to steal you for lots of £££££££, would you do it?
__________________
[pleaze fellow signeture rulez]
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 12, 2011, 07:37 PM
Farhan_98 Farhan_98 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 11, 2011
Favorite Player: Shakib,Mushy,Nasir,Naeem
Posts: 54

No I Wouldn't. Why Would I Join Bangladesh instead of England then. Of Course England would play more money. It's because I have a passion for them and wake up usually at 5 Uk time to watch them play.
__________________
No... we are not a better team without Shakib and Tamim
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 12, 2011, 07:42 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiplu
Imagine if you become the best player in the Bangladesh team and then if England wants to steal you for lots of £££££££, would you do it?
He is only 13. Let him answer that when he is 23.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 13, 2011, 10:58 AM
Hawk-Eye's Avatar
Hawk-Eye Hawk-Eye is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 10, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 691

Best of luck
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 13, 2011, 11:15 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,836

good luck Farhan.

sorry for going off topic, Nadim,Farhan both playing cricket in UK, both got the number 98, bepar ta ki?
__________________
আমার সত্ত্বা ভেঙ্গে টুকড়ে একদম একাকার
অশরীরীর মত আমি মানুষ নই যে আর !
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 13, 2011, 11:47 AM
Farhan_98 Farhan_98 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 11, 2011
Favorite Player: Shakib,Mushy,Nasir,Naeem
Posts: 54

Imagine Both of us make the biggest partnership in Cricketing History
__________________
No... we are not a better team without Shakib and Tamim
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 13, 2011, 12:09 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,836

^ya,Nad's 98+Far's 98= a partnership of 196

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan_98
To be honest I'm not seriously thinking about it now. I don't want to be arrogant but im a good batsman who can shift gears. Good Ingeniuity.Decent Power Can Clear Ropes Easily on Leg Side and Off Side But need to work playing down the ground. I can also play the short ball which most Players can't and im good at hooking the ball. Need to work on Timing and can bowl off spin/leg spin and decent pace. Nowadays Pace about 86-90 Mph. i could be Shakib,Tamim and Mashrafe in one. I play for my school team. I worry about staying in Bangladesh all my life unless I could live in the UK and Play for them. You never know you may see me in a couple of years
You're 13...and bowl 86-90 MPH?

I live in Australia pal, and have played some big, tall fast-bowlers, and even at the age of 19 now, I haven't played a guy quicker than 135km.

Of course, if you do bowl that fast, you would pretty easily find your way into the Bangladesh team, based purely on pace as a fast bowler. Plus you bowl "decent" spin along with that (both offbreaks and legbreaks!). Rather than waiting 2 years, you should probably go to Bangladesh and try out now. We need a Shakib, Tamim and Mashrafe all-in-one.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 13, 2011, 07:32 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
You're 13...and bowl 86-90 MPH?

I live in Australia pal, and have played some big, tall fast-bowlers, and even at the age of 19 now, I haven't played a guy quicker than 135km.

Of course, if you do bowl that fast, you would pretty easily find your way into the Bangladesh team, based purely on pace as a fast bowler. Plus you bowl "decent" spin along with that (both offbreaks and legbreaks!). Rather than waiting 2 years, you should probably go to Bangladesh and try out now. We need a Shakib, Tamim and Mashrafe all-in-one.
cricket_king, just wondering bro, are you trying to be a professional cricketer yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 13, 2011, 07:47 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

@farhan

I understand you have the raw talent and eagerness to be a good cricketer but only having those wont help you much than being a mediocre 'jack of all trades, master of none'. So,

-Enroll yourself in a good cricket clinic/coaching.
-Learn basics first and increase your cricketing skills and knowledge.
-Eat good and healthy food. Avoid junk foods/spicy foods.
-Do exercise regularly to maintain body in shape and to increase muscle strength.
-Keep an eye for all the updates of "Age group" competitions and trials camp in UK or BD.

InshaAllah one day your dreams will come true.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old November 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,377

Farhan Tumi egiye cholo, BC ache tomar sathe
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old November 14, 2011, 02:14 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
@farhan

I understand you have the raw talent and eagerness to be a good cricketer but only having those wont help you much than being a mediocre 'jack of all trades, master of none'. So,

-Enroll yourself in a good cricket clinic/coaching.
-Learn basics first and increase your cricketing skills and knowledge.
-Eat good and healthy food. Avoid junk foods/spicy foods.
-Do exercise regularly to maintain body in shape and to increase muscle strength.
-Keep an eye for all the updates of "Age group" competitions and trials camp in UK or BD.

InshaAllah one day your dreams will come true.
How does having raw talent and eagerness make someone 'jack of all trades'.... Seems like you just wanted to use the phrase and that's why put it in. Weird.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old November 14, 2011, 02:23 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
How does having raw talent and eagerness make someone 'jack of all trades'.... Seems like you just wanted to use the phrase and that's why put it in. Weird.
Yes. You got it. I actually wanted to use that phrase. So, could not resist myself to put that. Its weird, i know. i am weird too. I am soo sorry and please accept my apology if my naive, idiotic and weird comment bothered you. Actually i dont think twice before writing anything. Thats why most of my comments sound like that. I should have researched more and rethink couple of times before pressing submit button. Moreover, I sometimes forget that someone from "BC Editorial Board" is reading my comments and scrutinizing every bit of word that i write. Phewww.....sorry again. I will try to be more careful from now on. Please forgive me.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old November 14, 2011, 06:35 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
cricket_king, just wondering bro, are you trying to be a professional cricketer yourself?
Haha not really man, I'm a decent player here in Aus, but I don't really have time to take it seriously, nor do I feel I have the immense skill required to make it at international level.

During my last visit to Bangladesh (2 years ago), I got a go in a district match in which my cousin was playing. They were a really nice bunch of guys and let me open, which is where I normally play, and my God, that pitch was so unbelievably slow (compared to the pitches here in Sydney). And though I was very comfortable against the pace bowlers, I struggled as soon as the spinners came in. Got out after scoring 28 odd. In fact, I looked dreadful against spin, especially on that wicket. Don't get too many decent spinners where I play.

In conclusion - my dream of playing for Bangladesh was almost completely crushed that day.

How about you? Much cricket down at Conneticut? Presumably not.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old November 14, 2011, 07:59 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

^ oh ya we have plenty crickets in connecticut. You know the one that makes that annoying cirping noise.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old November 14, 2011, 10:59 AM
Farhan_98 Farhan_98 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 11, 2011
Favorite Player: Shakib,Mushy,Nasir,Naeem
Posts: 54

I don't BOWL 86-90 MPH. That Speed is Fastish and I bowl Fastish that is what I meant
__________________
No... we are not a better team without Shakib and Tamim
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old November 15, 2011, 05:34 PM
wasi90lkv1 wasi90lkv1 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 3, 2010
Posts: 387

bowl at 160 kmh.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old November 15, 2011, 09:25 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,106

First of all, concentrate on your studies. There is no guarantee that you'll make it as a cricketer. Even if your family is well off, good education has no alternatives.

Having said that, if you are serious about playing for Bangladesh, try to use the English domestic structure to your advantage. If you have what it takes and wish to represent Bangladesh, I am sure you'll make it insha'Allah.

If you are a batsman, try to develop the proper technique and footwork. Most elite batsmen, save a few, had excellent footwork. If you want to try pace bowling, there are not many genuine quickies. But, good coaching is crucial for both. Perhaps some practice using a cricket stamp to hit a gold ball from a wall like Bradman could help!
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old November 15, 2011, 09:38 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Haha not really man, I'm a decent player here in Aus, but I don't really have time to take it seriously, nor do I feel I have the immense skill required to make it at international level.

During my last visit to Bangladesh (2 years ago), I got a go in a district match in which my cousin was playing. They were a really nice bunch of guys and let me open, which is where I normally play, and my God, that pitch was so unbelievably slow (compared to the pitches here in Sydney). And though I was very comfortable against the pace bowlers, I struggled as soon as the spinners came in. Got out after scoring 28 odd. In fact, I looked dreadful against spin, especially on that wicket. Don't get too many decent spinners where I play.

In conclusion - my dream of playing for Bangladesh was almost completely crushed that day.

How about you? Much cricket down at Conneticut? Presumably not.
Oh ok. Ya that's understandable. Being a professional cricketer seems to require a lot of hard work. It's good you're having fun with it though. Sports are always good to have fun with and take things off your mind. And interesting to hear your experience playing in BD. So it must be very hard for the players to score quickly on those pitches.

And ya not too much cricket down here in Connecticut or in the US in general haha. I only get to play when my relatives come over. None of my friends are really interested in the sport since cricket is nonexistent here. Everyone either plays American football, baseball, or basketball.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket