facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2015, 05:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default T20 Qualifier in Scotland and Ireland.

12-14 teams playing for 6 spots,who willl make it.
Bangladesh and Zimbabwe already qualified,even tho Zimbabwe did not qualify last time,a hospital pass.
Irelands' bowling weak so may not qualify for T20 world cup.
Scotland bt Ireland 2 nil,and Holland is leading Nepal 2 nil.
Starts July 9.
Debut for Jersey.
Old July 1, 2015, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

^^ wheres the source?

Jersey?
Old July 1, 2015, 06:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2015...qualifier-2015
14 teams.
Old July 1, 2015, 07:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Our bowling is actually better than the WC, though still weak.

Problem with WC was our bowling not only sucked but we only used 2 proper bowlers per game and about 5 bits and pieces players and allrounders.

We seem to have an easier group, avoiding Scotland,Netherlands and Afghanistan, so anything other than number 1 in the group stage can only be seen as a massive failure, anything other than a trophy can also be called a failure.

My Ireland XI

Porterfield
Stirling
Niall
A Poynter/Balbirnie
Kevin
Wilson
Kane/Cusack, preferably Kane
Mooney
Dockrell
Young
McCarter/McBrine depending on pitch type.

Vs weaker oppositon put Stuart Poynter in place of his brother to get a go.

Very very young bowling unit so tough times ahead as they mature. Thompson is a capable bat but I dont rate him whatsoever as a bowler.

Hopefully we dont see any hiccups
Old July 1, 2015, 09:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

^Was losing Phil Simmons as head coach a big blow to Ireland? He seemed to get the best out of them. How is their current head coach compared to him?
Old July 2, 2015, 06:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
^Was losing Phil Simmons as head coach a big blow to Ireland? He seemed to get the best out of them. How is their current head coach compared to him?
Not really if I'm honest. Phil did a great job but he was in charge 8 years at that stage and it was obvious some change was needed for all our sakes. Plus his selections were baffling at times, Young's lack of game time was disgraceful. But he's a top guy, did a great job and he's more than welcome to come back and follow the team (he was actually at the England game in May)

As for Bracewell, he hasnt been in charge long enough to say anything. Unlike Phil he's actually based in Ireland, not the UK, and unlike Phil he's taking a much more active approach to our domestic scene and attending a lot of games, plus he's supposed to hold talks with Rankin to get him back in the team which would be fanbloodytastic.

All in all he seems very dedicated and I hope he continues his work. I feel he'll be much more willing to shake things up and select some new young players unlike Phil who was very very stubborn at times
Old July 2, 2015, 06:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ranklin would be a great acquisition
Old July 2, 2015, 01:12 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir R.

I too would love to get back Rankin. He doesn't look like he was home in the England setup.
Old July 2, 2015, 02:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes couldn't understand why young didn't bowl in the world cup,made no sense.
Mooney should be 7 or not in the side,apart from him swinging the ball he was awful in the world cup.
You can't have Kevin O'brien as your 5th bowler suicide,as was proven at the world cup.
Old July 2, 2015, 03:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Yes couldn't understand why young didn't bowl in the world cup,made no sense.
Mooney should be 7 or not in the side,apart from him swinging the ball he was awful in the world cup.
You can't have Kevin O'brien as your 5th bowler suicide,as was proven at the world cup.
I think you're a bit harsh on Mooney. Up first as you said he was OK as he got the ball to swing. He's A capable batsman as well. Problem is the 2 new balls rule screwed him badly, in the 2011 WC especially vs England he was fantastic at stemming runs, unfortunately in this tournament his second spell got destroyed hence people assume he sucks

e.g

Vs a lethal Saffer batting unit, he bowled a first spell of 5-2-9-1, brilliant stuff especially when you consider his pace.

Then he returned and his overall figures were 7-2-52-1, ruined.

So up front I think he's useful, but on flat tracks obviously he's lacking in his return spell.

Re: Kevin, problem with him was NOBODY sees him as a 10 over bowler, not one person, he's great at bowling 5 overs for something like 5-0-29-1, he'll get you a breakthrough and be reasonably economical. Problem is when he, as in the WC, is given a full quota he is brutally exposed and that hurt is badly. In t20 this isnt an issue, he can bowl 4 overs when in form, but in ODI's he should never be used for more than a couple overs.

As a t20 bowler he's actually decent, was pretty good in the CPL last year too with the ball.

I guess we'll see what happens. Big dangers are Namibia (beaten us before in 2012), PNG (emerging team) and Hong Kong, Nepal I dont rate but cant be underestimated,
Old July 2, 2015, 03:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
I think you're a bit harsh on Mooney. Up first as you said he was OK as he got the ball to swing. He's A capable batsman as well. Problem is the 2 new balls rule screwed him badly, in the 2011 WC especially vs England he was fantastic at stemming runs, unfortunately in this tournament his second spell got destroyed hence people assume he sucks

e.g

Vs a lethal Saffer batting unit, he bowled a first spell of 5-2-9-1, brilliant stuff especially when you consider his pace.

Then he returned and his overall figures were 7-2-52-1, ruined.

So up front I think he's useful, but on flat tracks obviously he's lacking in his return spell.

Re: Kevin, problem with him was NOBODY sees him as a 10 over bowler, not one person, he's great at bowling 5 overs for something like 5-0-29-1, he'll get you a breakthrough and be reasonably economical. Problem is when he, as in the WC, is given a full quota he is brutally exposed and that hurt is badly. In t20 this isnt an issue, he can bowl 4 overs when in form, but in ODI's he should never be used for more than a couple overs.

As a t20 bowler he's actually decent, was pretty good in the CPL last year too with the ball.

I guess we'll see what happens. Big dangers are Namibia (beaten us before in 2012), PNG (emerging team) and Hong Kong, Nepal I dont rate but cant be underestimated,
I think under the non-subcontinent conditions, Scotland and Netherlands are bigger dangers.
Old July 2, 2015, 08:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

I like Scotland and Holland for the title,Ireland dependent on kevin O'brien and Paul Sterling for hitting,the rest of the batsmen are very orthodox.Good Ed Joyce retired from T20,he struggled at the Qualifier before the last T20 world cup.Doesn't mean Ireland can't be in the top 6,but after what i saw in that qualifier in that T20 cup ireland was outdone by Holland,Myburgh is the key for Holland.Just feel in T20 Ireland has come back to the rest of the pack.Van Dermerwe is a handy addition for Holland,should be in the firsts side.
Van Demerwe is the first of many of white South Africans leaving that country due to quota politics.