facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old July 1, 2011, 09:06 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

This can be a blessing in disguise for our Domestic Cricket. When there is little International games, BCB has to organize more domestic games to keep our cricketer busy. So, its high time that BCB makes a long term domestic plan so that our players do not gain bhuris sitting idle.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old July 1, 2011, 09:20 PM
22Yards's Avatar
22Yards 22Yards is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 29, 2010
Location: ∞
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,128

They should broadcast domestic games. hell I so want to watch new talents and keep up with the news but it seems impossible living abroad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old July 1, 2011, 10:49 PM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,480

There will be more games.
8 years is a long time.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old July 1, 2011, 11:01 PM
Avik's Avatar
Avik Avik is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2008
Location: Piscataway, NJ, USA
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim
Posts: 743

hopefully, we will get some more action in 2013, with zimbabwe and ireland, and if need arises, west indies and new zealand might also want to play with us more often..
__________________
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old July 1, 2011, 11:23 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,601

Good thread. Sticky perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old July 2, 2011, 12:12 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Good thread. Sticky perhaps?
i agree, need to sticky this for hte next 8 years and edit as need be.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old July 2, 2011, 12:19 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,480

Sticky for 8 years ??? !!! lolz...
Just make it permanent then :P
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old July 2, 2011, 04:11 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,856

Does everyone like the thread... Oh, I'm flattered.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old July 4, 2011, 01:14 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
August 2011 - Zimbabwe, away. 1 test, 5 ODI's.
October 2011 - West Indies, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.
December 2011 - Pakistan, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.
March 2012 - Sri Lanka, home. 5 ODI's (additional).
April 2012 - Pakistan, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's (moved from Aug 2010).
August 2012 - Zimbabwe, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 2 T20's.

------------ICC world Cup T20 (Sri Lanka)---------------

November 2012 - West Indies, home. 2 tests, 5 ODI's, 2 T20's.
March 2013 - Sri Lanka, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.

----------Test play-off (England)------------

October 2013 - New Zealand, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 2 T20's.
February 2014 - Sri Lanka. 2 tests. Sri Lanka and Pakistan tri-series.


---------ICC World Cup T20 (Bangladesh)------------------

May 2014 - India, home. 3 ODI's.
July 2014 - West Indies, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
October 2014 - Tri series (SL + ZIm), 2 tests with Zimbabwe.
Janruary 2015 - Pakistan, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.


--------ICC World Cup (Australia & New Zealand)-----------------

June 2015 - India, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.
July 2015 - South Africa, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
October 2015 - Australia, home. 2 tests.
January 2016 - Zimbabwe, home. 2 tests, 7 ODI's, 1 T20.


---------- ICC World Cup T20 (India)------------------------

October 2016 - England, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.
December 2016 - New Zealand, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
February 2017 - Pakistan, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.


----------Test Play-off (England)-----------------------------

October 2017 - South Africa, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
January 2018 - Sri Lanka, home. 3 ODI's.
March 2018 - West Indies, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
July 2018 - Australia, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.
December 2018 - West Indies, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
January 2019 - Zimbabwe, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.
March 2019 - Pakistan, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.


-------------ICC World Cup (England)----------------------------

October 2019 - New Zealand, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
Febuary 2020 - Sri Lanka, home. 2 tests, 3 ODI's, 1 T20.
March 2020 - Zimbabwe, away. 2 tests, 3 ODI's.

Number of tests from 2012 (June)onwards = 42 (5.25 tests a year).
Number of ODI's from 2012 (June) onwards = 86 (excluding World cups + other Tournaments).
Number of T20's from 2012 (June) onwards = 11 (excluding T20 world cup).

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO..._2011_2020.pdf
I think we can have a few more matches, easily. Check these gaps out, guys:

March 2012 - Sri Lanka 2 additional Tests
Late 2012 - New Zealand 2 Tests makeup from 2010
May 2014 - India 1 additional Test at least
October 2014 - Sri Lanka 2 additional Tests
October 2015 - Australia 3 additional ODIs
January 2018 - Sri Lanka 2 additional Tests

We can easily add 8 additional Tests giving us 50 in 8 years (6.25 tests/year), we can maybe push and get 51-52 tests depending on if India is willing. Lets say we push for a few 3 tests series with ZIM, WI, NZ, SL, and PAK. we can easily get aprox 55 Tests or so, which is about 7 tests per year, which is not too shabby.

I think we can add a bunch of ODIs by making all series 5 ODIs except those against Ind, SA, AUS, and ENG.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old July 4, 2011, 03:27 AM
max410's Avatar
max410 max410 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: many ..
Posts: 524

its good to have less matches , cos we need some skill development as well
__________________
GO TIGERS!!!!! \m/
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old July 11, 2011, 01:25 PM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I think we can have a few more matches, easily. Check these gaps out, guys:

March 2012 - Sri Lanka 2 additional Tests
Late 2012 - New Zealand 2 Tests makeup from 2010
May 2014 - India 1 additional Test at least
October 2014 - Sri Lanka 2 additional Tests
October 2015 - Australia 3 additional ODIs
January 2018 - Sri Lanka 2 additional Tests

We can easily add 8 additional Tests giving us 50 in 8 years (6.25 tests/year), we can maybe push and get 51-52 tests depending on if India is willing. Lets say we push for a few 3 tests series with ZIM, WI, NZ, SL, and PAK. we can easily get aprox 55 Tests or so, which is about 7 tests per year, which is not too shabby.

I think we can add a bunch of ODIs by making all series 5 ODIs except those against Ind, SA, AUS, and ENG.
I read that all series' involving either Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are restricted to two tests, the ones with NZ, Pak, SL, WI are restricted to 3, SA, Eng, Ind,Aus 5.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old July 11, 2011, 05:40 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I read that all series' involving either Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are restricted to two tests, the ones with NZ, Pak, SL, WI are restricted to 3, SA, Eng, Ind,Aus 5.
There is no official restriction like that. We've played 3 test series before, its what the boards agree to play. FTPs can always be altered.

Plus the extra 6-7 tests I come up include only 2 test series. if we stretch a few to 3 tests, we could easily wind up with 55 tests over the next 8 years.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old July 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
There is no official restriction like that. We've played 3 test series before, its what the boards agree to play. FTPs can always be altered.

Plus the extra 6-7 tests I come up include only 2 test series. if we stretch a few to 3 tests, we could easily wind up with 55 tests over the next 8 years.
When was the last time we played a three test series? Wasn't against SL or something between 2001-2004 some time?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old July 13, 2011, 10:25 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
When was the last time we played a three test series? Wasn't against SL or something between 2001-2004 some time?
we probably won't get a 3 test series...the last one was 2007 and we had one in 2003 as well. but that doesn't mean there is an official ban on us playing 3 test series. we have official bans against touring India and England, but there are no other official bans.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old July 13, 2011, 11:19 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
we probably won't get a 3 test series...the last one was 2007 and we had one in 2003 as well. but that doesn't mean there is an official ban on us playing 3 test series. we have official bans against touring India and England, but there are no other official bans.
What will happen to the NZ tests that got post poned?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old July 13, 2011, 07:35 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
What will happen to the NZ tests that got post poned?
late 2012 was what was reported, so either October or December.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old July 14, 2011, 06:22 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
late 2012 was what was reported, so either October or December.
Can boards offer extra tours and stuff?
e.g. Bangladesh ask's New Zealand to come when both teams are not busy?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old July 14, 2011, 09:37 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

^^yes they can
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old July 14, 2011, 09:54 AM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim
Posts: 3,780

It won't be possible turning from 2 test series to 3 unless our prformance improve.
__________________
Think a lot, speak a little.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old July 14, 2011, 09:57 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
^^yes they can
Woah, your back...
Can teams reduce the amount of games aswell? Like New Zealand did to us? Or will the ICC stop it?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old July 14, 2011, 10:20 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Can boards offer extra tours and stuff?
e.g. Bangladesh ask's New Zealand to come when both teams are not busy?
it happens all the time. ever noticed on the FTP some tours have a parenthetical "additional"? that means that those tours where not scheduled in the original FTP. the FTP, even when finalized is merely a draft document.

the flip side is, yes, tours get scrapped as well. our Test series at home against AUS last spring was originally in the FTP, but both boards decided to cancel for some gay reason beyond my understanding.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old July 14, 2011, 10:27 AM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim
Posts: 3,780

If both teams want to reduce or add matches they can in FTP. But it needs to considartion between. both teams.
__________________
Think a lot, speak a little.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old July 14, 2011, 10:35 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
it happens all the time. ever noticed on the FTP some tours have a parenthetical "additional"? that means that those tours where not scheduled in the original FTP. the FTP, even when finalized is merely a draft document.

the flip side is, yes, tours get scrapped as well. our Test series at home against AUS last spring was originally in the FTP, but both boards decided to cancel for some gay reason beyond my understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
If both teams want to reduce or add matches they can in FTP. But it needs to considartion between. both teams.
So why don't Bangladesh just add more matches against the likes of Zimbabwe, New Zealand and West Indies? I'm sure the other boards won't mind right?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old July 14, 2011, 09:05 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
So why don't Bangladesh just add more matches against the likes of Zimbabwe, New Zealand and West Indies? I'm sure the other boards won't mind right?
NZ and WI may be resistant to playing us more than they already do. similar to us and Zimbabwe. i think the BCB should try, but it will require mutual agreement as stated above. also timing and other things become an issue. we may have wide open gaps in our schedule but NZ, WI have fewer gaps.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old July 17, 2011, 06:59 PM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,412

An Interesting tidbit from the BCB Press Release

Quote:
BCB will send delegations to India, England and Australia to discuss bilateral cricket series within the next FTP cycle.
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket