facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 28, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Too much hype. He will be under lot of pressure.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Maybe not this guy. He's special, as is Fazle Mahmud Rabbi IMHO.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old March 28, 2011, 10:40 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I rate Shubhagauto higher than Imrose BTW. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this guy at his best is better than Ashraful, Alok, Tamim and Shakib at their individual best. I just hope he makes a smooth transition and sustains whatever success comes his way.
Bhaia as a bangali i know we tend to jump on things but isn't that statement too early to make before he have yet to be tasted Vs international standard bowling?..Many of us(i am not talking about the people who comes to this forum but total BD fan base) think we distroyed Ash with over praising..i'll hate to see the same thing happening with shuvagoto
Old March 28, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Bhaia as a bangali i know we tend to jump on things but isn't that statement too early to make before he have yet to be tasted Vs international standard bowling?..Many of us(i am not talking about the people who comes to this forum but total BD fan base) think we distroyed Ash with over praising..i'll hate to see the same thing happening with shuvagoto
He made South African Academy pacers look pretty ordinary. The English bowlers didn't fare much better either after he took them on during their dudh-bhat bowling, and the bowlers tried to mix it up. Hence the hope. We shall see.

I have no problem putting myself on the spot for this guy.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 28, 2011, 10:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Maybe not this guy. He's special, as is Fazle Mahmud Rabbi IMHO.
Sohel bhai, one thing stands out like a sore thumb. Hom and Rabbi have been designated as "special". But both of them are also in the early to mid 20s. Hom is 24 and Rabbi is around the same age. Both were unknowns until a year ago. Why is this? Neither was a U19 cricketer, and whereas the NCL teams have loads of teenagers and barely-20-year-olds, these guys debuted at a very late age. Are they late bloomers?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Sohel bhai, one thing stands out like a sore thumb. Hom and Rabbi have been designated as "special". But both of them are also in the early to mid 20s. Hom is 24 and Rabbi is around the same age. Both were unknowns until a year ago. Why is this? Neither was a U19 cricketer, and whereas the NCL teams have loads of teenagers and barely-20-year-olds, these guys debuted at a very late age. Are they late bloomers?
I have precisely the same questions! I had never heard of this guy up until maybe a little over a year ago. Where did he come from? What is his cricketing pedigree?
Old March 28, 2011, 10:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Both came out of the kind of blue.

Shubhagauto played at the Academy level and did well. Rabbi will too be fast tracked after Academy an A Team exposure. Simply too good these two. Just watch them bat and you'll see the difference. Rabbi is 21-22 BTW.

Last edited by Sohel; March 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old March 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I wasn't going to follow the Aus ODIs due to the performance in the WC and also because of revision and other personal stuff but now I have decided to extend my Sky Sports subscription just so I can watch this guy bat live. I am not expecting him to set the world alight but still very excited.I can't think of anyone else who has created so much hype staying outside of the national team.
Old March 28, 2011, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

PS: Why is it so hard to believe that in a nation of 160 million passionate cricket fans, with kids playing cricket in every Union from Tetulia to Narikel Jinjira, we can have special guys emerge out of the Mymensingh Politechnic Institute or Barisal area khyap leagues?

We will have more such guys emerge InshAllah, and not just from Rajshahi and Khulna Divs.

Last edited by Sohel; March 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM..
Old March 28, 2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
PS: Why is it so hard to believe that in a nation of 160 million passionate cricket fans, with kids playing cricket in every Union from Tetulia to Narikel Jinjira, we can have special guys emerge out of the Mymensingh Politechnic Institute or Barisal area khyap leagues?

We will have more such guys emerge InshAllah, and not just from Rajshahi and Khulna Divs.
we had special guys...ash and alok were nothing but special..but look at them now..thats why I(dont know about others) am scared with special guys now a days..

i'll take players who learn from their mistakes then special guys
Old March 28, 2011, 11:10 AM
Test Cricketer

I really really hope Hom turns out to be the real deal.

We desperately need a run machine in the middle order. Someone who will take off the bucketload of pressure from Tamim & Shakib's head. It will just change the BD team altogether.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 28, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I am ready to develop an APP for Hom. Everytime he hits a boundary, you will get a personalized zing in your iPhone or any Android device, from Sohel NR himself. Who's with me ?
Old March 28, 2011, 11:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
we had special guys...ash and alok were nothing but special..but look at them now..thats why I(dont know about others) am scared with special guys now a days..

i'll take players who learn from their mistakes then special guys
I haven't given up on Alok yet. Point, game, set, match and championship conceded on Mohammad Ashraful Motin.

That being said, don't confuse "ability" with "talent". The ability to learn quickly and apply what you've learned is integral to talent and being special.

You only go so far without basic ability, no matter how hard you work. Can't get a rickshaw to do a Toyota, let alone a Ferrari's job. Celebration of mediocrity is ultimately envy and projection, and needs to be avoided IMHO.
Old March 28, 2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I haven't given up on Alok yet. Point, game, set, match and championship conceded on Mohammad Ashraful Motin.

That being said, don't confuse "ability" with "talent". The ability to learn quickly and apply what you've learned is integral to talent and being special.

You only go so far without basic ability, no matter how hard you work. Can't get a rickshaw to do a Toyota, let alone a Ferrari's job. Celebration of mediocrity is ultimately envy and projection, and needs to be avoided IMHO.
hmm...points taken
Old March 28, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I wouldnt get so excited about Hom ATM. I was heartbroken way too many times before because of Ash, Alok, Aftab, Dhiman, Shahadat, Rajin and many more. This time I'll take it slow. If he is as good as some members here are saying, I am assuming that he'll deliver for sure and we might see the rise of a Pace bowling all-rounder we have been desperately looking for. But I'll just hold my horses...
Old March 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
Cricket Savant

I haven't given up on Dhiman yet either.
Old March 28, 2011, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I really am eager to get a glimpse of HOM. If he has quality, he won't escape my eye. All the best to him. Very excited.
Old March 28, 2011, 11:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I really am eager to get a glimpse of HOM. If he has quality, he won't escape my eye. All the best to him. Very excited.
I know he won't. Be sure to watch bro.
Old March 28, 2011, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

an old but informative interview !

Old March 28, 2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I haven't given up on Dhiman yet either.
hahaha..have u ever given up on somebody?..dont answer Ashraful!
Old March 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
hahaha..have u ever given up on somebody?..dont answer Ashraful!
I have, although I've never been as high on them as I am on this guy, Alok, Dhiman, Fazle Rabbi, Nasir, Bijauy, Shubhashish, Shaju, Noor and Rumman.

Other than Motin, I've given up on:

1. Aftab (dangerously dumb)

2. Nazimuddin (dangerously agro)

3. Nadif (lost)

4. Nazmus Sadat (lost)

Haven't given up on Nayeem or Riyad (both dangerously sissified) either BTW
Old March 28, 2011, 01:47 PM

^i admire ur courage!..i give up so easy!..specially on myself
Old March 28, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
^i admire ur courage!..i give up so easy!..specially on myself
Have faith in guys bro. They're young and when they give you signs of effort and improvement, feel the pride. They are us.
Old March 28, 2011, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Er namta ektu onno rokom lage...we are so used with ul, ullah, uddin, hussain, islam, khan...ke jane hoito aei different nam er moddhe amra khuje pabo different akjon cricketer
Old March 28, 2011, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Very hard name to pronounce.

if he sticks, we need a cute nick name. Like the film stas who change their name...

But first thing first.... need to score a century first.
Old March 28, 2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Very hard name to pronounce.

if he sticks, we need a cute nick name. Like the film stas who change their name...

But first thing first.... need to score a century first.
simple we'll call him homie!..or hombre!