facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 21, 2014, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

As long as tamim, mushy, mominul and shak are in the top 5 the batting will be pretty strong. I think a batting side like this might be interesting:

1 tamim
2 mominul
3 mushy
4 riyad
5 shakib
6 nasir
7 shabbir

Still a lot of questions going with that though as mominul hasn't been an opener, riyad is yet to prove himself at 4 in ODIs, nasir is out of form and shabbir has only played one match, but if in good form his is a strong line up imo. This is for shorter formats.
Old November 21, 2014, 06:27 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Old November 21, 2014, 09:39 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Apologies. At least, you got something right.

Yes, now I remember Its Abul you were taking the mickey of. Lets put in on the record -what you think of our Raju then?
Ak chimti nuance taholey amar moddheo asey bhai..

Yes if Raju succeeds i will have to eat the biggest humble pie manufactured.
Old November 21, 2014, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

I want both nasir and shabbir in the XI. But they still have to work hard and be consistent, shabbir needs to work on his leggies and nasir on his medium pacers then we won't need to play 5 bowlers, riyad can be 5th bowler.

Last edited by BD_TigerZ; November 21, 2014 at 11:27 PM..
Old November 21, 2014, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim
Mominul
Riyad
Mushy
Shakib
Nasir
Shabbir
Mash
Arafat
Jubair/Gazi/Pacer
Taskin
Old November 22, 2014, 06:25 AM

The innings that he played could have ended in a 19 ball 15 as well. What is important to take away is that this lad can hit them big and has guts to go for it in his debut match. Just give him some time even if he fails the next two games. We all saw his ability.
Old November 22, 2014, 06:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

You know a players is talented when they can hit sixes thought extra cover/cover region. And so far I've only seen it from Tamim, Bijoy, Mushy, Shakib and Now him.
And they all have shown what they are capable of. Maybe Bijoy is a doubt but he also have what it takes to be a 35+ opener in him.
Old November 22, 2014, 06:38 AM

Bijoy, i feel will be a better middle order player. He is good vs spin.
Old November 22, 2014, 06:41 AM
Cricket Legend

This guy seems to have this ability to clear the fence comfortably. Even guys like Nasir heave with all their power to be caught in the deep.

What enables Shabbir to go for big shots? He doesnt seem to be a big powerful guy. Probably has the guts, good timing, and maybe he is stronger than he looks.
Old November 22, 2014, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Could bat him at 4 with mominul pushed to open, mush at 3, shakib at 5
Old November 22, 2014, 07:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
He said in a recent interview, he was a batting at 4/5 in u17, u19 days. I clearly remeber he was batting at 4 in 2009 for U19 test match against England and then batted at 3 in u19 wc couple of yrs back in Aus.

tbf, unless we get someone from our middle to open, i dont see any solution to overcome our opening p'ship problem. Ita been a problem since we started playing...
Old November 22, 2014, 07:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
He said in a recent interview, he was a batting at 4/5 in u17, u19 days. I clearly remeber he was batting at 4 in 2009 for U19 test match against England and then batted at 3 in u19 wc couple of yrs back in Aus.

tbf, unless we get someone from our middle to open, i dont see any solution to overcome our opening p'ship problem. Ita been a problem since we started playing...
Well hopefully liton can be that opener we need.

anamul has been a top order bat for awhile now but I think putting him at 4 could be an option.
Old November 22, 2014, 07:50 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

anamul has been a top order bat for awhile now but I think putting him at 4 could be an option.
Good thinking. In that case the squad may look like this -

1) Tamim Iqbal, 2) Imrul Kayes 3) Mominul Haque, 4) Anamul Haque, 5) Shakib Al Hasan, 6) Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 7) Mahmudullah, 8) Sabbir Rahman, 9) Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), 10) Arafat Sunny, 11) Shafiul Islam,

Anamul Haque has scored 3 ODI century, hence this batting order would give us middle order stability. Anamul Haque should not be considered for test matches due to his footwork problem.

Will the selectors play 8 batsmen on a flat and slow pitch? Above selection has 30 to 32 overs of spin bowling from Sakib+Arafat+Mahmudullah+Sabbir with 18 to 20 overs of pace bowling from Mashrafee and Shafiul. They can always experiment with 3 pace bowler after winning the third match against Zimbabwe.
Old November 22, 2014, 10:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Very good performance yesterday. Never doubted his ability, just his consistency. Shabbir is one of those players that will take his risks and sometimes will come off and sometimes not. Still more to see from Shabbir but he definitely looks like a player with potential.
Old November 22, 2014, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Our Finishers

Old November 22, 2014, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Cricket is mostly played mentally. Most fans don't realise this. Its all about confidence. The slump in Tamims and Nasir's form and the subsequent struggle should serve as an example. Tamim is a wonderful, free flowing bat when full of confidence (perhaps, too full sometime) but we all have witnessed how it is when one is out of confidence.

Likewise, Shabbir has just started his journey in international cricket. He will be full of nerves, apprehensions and doubts. Once he manages to cement his place in the side we will see the real Sabbir, In Sha Allah. We have only witnessed a glimpse of his true potential. We need to be patient with him and all other youngsters. Give them a bit of a breathing space.

Last edited by BanCricFan; November 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM..
Old November 22, 2014, 11:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Mesh is such a bully! Why doesn't he pick on someone his own size!
Old November 22, 2014, 05:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Shabbir is the one who will keep me awake tonight.
Old November 22, 2014, 08:56 PM
Cricket Guru

If he can do what he did last match consistently, and nasir comes back into form then the batting will be in in good shape.
Old November 23, 2014, 01:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh in 50 years

sabbir is my future hope for power batting. He needs to perform at this pace for the WC
Old November 23, 2014, 01:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh in 50 years

what is sunny telling him at the end of the vid?
Old November 23, 2014, 01:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
"Normally every year I speak to my parents on my birthday," Sabbir said. "I haven't talked to them yet but the big difference this year is that I am spending my birthday while in the senior team, with the cricketers. Everything feels good. I did well on my ODI debut, the team won and it is my birthday today. It is exciting. Maybe it would have been great if the match was today."

Sabbir, whose interna

"Mushfiq bhai gave me a lot of encouragement when I wasn't timing the ball or missing a few," Sabbir said. "I thought I wasn't able to do anything, felt guilty for wasting deliveries at that stage. I was confident that if I could stick through it, I could cover it up later. There were nerves when I was waiting to go in to bat. But it went away as soon as I went inside. Seeing such a big crowd made me feel big at heart. I always like playing in front of a crowd, it inspires me.

"The coach told me to finish the innings, stay not out and support whoever is out there with me. And I like batting in these situations. I can bat freely. It is difficult but also quite simple. The bowlers are on the back foot. It is easy to find singles and hitting four or five big ones can increase the scoring rate."

Some have a good debut, some don't," he said. "I will try to play as well as I did on my debut or do better. I am taking it positively. Some did well in their debut and are now out of the picture while some survived.

"Starting well is also important. It gives you confidence and makes playing for the national team normal. I am thankful to Allah for getting what I wanted. I was thinking of giving up any hope of playing for Bangladesh if I couldn't make it this season."
Good to hear that he likes to bat under pressure and at the death Go on Shabbir!

But he was thinking of giving up playing for BD? really at age of 23? thats the attitude needs to be change among all the players in BD

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/802353.html
Old Today, 10:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Shabbir is one of the most talented guys in the new bunch. His fielding is an asset for the team; arguably he is the best fielder in the team. Initially he was known for his leg break but gradually he pops up as a strong hard hitting batsman with a smart head on his shoulder. To me he is our STEVE SMITH in making… just keep the faith on this bloke.fficeffice" />