facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 12, 2014, 06:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Even Sir Viv would have been pleased with that effort
Quote:
That 83 is like 200 in my book.
Geez! Gush much... over a domestic inn?

Last edited by Dilscoop; December 12, 2014 at 06:44 PM..
Old December 12, 2014, 06:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

I was a great supporter of shabbir since he hit two sixes against Afghanistan. He will be the next star in making.
Shabbir, Liton, Mossadek , Jubi and Taskin are our future. So support them!!
Old December 13, 2014, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
^^I don't think you follow DPL that closely. Otherwise, you wouldn't have said what you have said above. In his last innings, Sabbir scored 83 with a SR of 130 and got out in the very last ball of the innings. Even Sir Viv would have been pleased with that effort -given the match situation. That 83 is like 200 in my book.

And I am lost with those "match winner", "tuk tuk supporter", "slogger" comments.
That innings of 83 appears to be very good, no doubt. I'm not taking anything away from him there. But let's take a look at his overall List A record: after his last 3 innings of 33, 73, and 83, he averages 25.48. He's managed a single hundred and 4 fifties in 44 innings, though you can argue that he plays at the bottom order. Bear in mind, this is the Bangladesh domestic circuit, which isn't all that great.

I'm saying that I don't see how these stats suggest he has any ability in being "match-winner" (a guy who can make a significant impact on the match and take it away from the opposition) for the national team right now. I admit my "Tuktuk" supporter and "Slogger" supporter descriptions were rather vaguely defined.

Anyway, I do think he's a promising young hitter - something we desperately need in the ODI/T20 sides - and that he potentially has a bright future ahead if he develops a more acute cricket brain.

And I'm bewildered at the Viv Richards comment for all the aforementioned reasons.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old December 13, 2014, 06:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

cricket king,

Cricketers are not merely judged by stats, especially, a very young one who has played very little. Stats are nothing but a record of form and an indication. They don't always reveal everything. Young cricketers are judged on talent, skills, attitude and temperament. Hence, a Jubair or a Mashrafe gets to play Test cricket even before playing a single DOMESTIC First Class match.

Sabbir's poor "past" record IS past. We should look at his present. If you have followed him in his U19 days, his brilliant performances in the BPL where he took apart some of the best bowlers going around with proper cricketing shots (not slogs) or that 44 off 20 odd deliveries against Zimbabwe you would see young Sabbir exhibits all the qualities needed to be a match-winner. Without putting the mockers on him and all things being equal, you will find he IS a match-winner -In Sha Allah.

Btw, a Para game sometime can be much more exciting and interesting than an ODI. It all depends on who is watching it and how they are watching it.
Old December 13, 2014, 08:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
cricket king,

Cricketers are not merely judged by stats, especially, a very young one who has played very little. Stats are nothing but a record of form and an indication. They don't always reveal everything. Young cricketers are judged on talent, skills, attitude and temperament. Hence, a Jubair or a Mashrafe gets to play Test cricket even before playing a single DOMESTIC First Class match.

Sabbir's poor "past" record IS past. We should look at his present. If you have followed him in his U19 days, his brilliant performances in the BPL where he took apart some of the best bowlers going around with proper cricketing shots (not slogs) or that 44 off 20 odd deliveries against Zimbabwe you would see young Sabbir exhibits all the qualities needed to be a match-winner. Without putting the mockers on him and all things being equal, you will find he IS a match-winner -In Sha Allah.

Btw, a Para game sometime can be much more exciting and interesting than an ODI. It all depends on who is watching it and how they are watching it.
Well here's hoping he delivers on his potential. It can only be good for us.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old December 13, 2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

^^Jo tambien!