facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 14, 2014, 04:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Afghanistan oz/nz camp in sept/oct.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/...isit.Certainly outdone bangladesh,and their team is presently training in Pakistan under rashid latif and kabir khan.
Certainly the right moves.
Old April 14, 2014, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

BCB just don't know how to move BD cricket in the right direction, that or they're just not willing to.
Old April 14, 2014, 08:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

OZ/NZ camp - WoW
Our first match against them on the 14th Feb 2015 @Canberra. It should be a walk in the park.
Old April 14, 2014, 08:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

BCB only knows how to steal money & punish players.. Our president doesnt have any vision. I can see another loss against the Afgans in the world cup
Old April 14, 2014, 09:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/...isit.Certainly outdone bangladesh,and their team is presently training in Pakistan under rashid latif and kabir khan.
Certainly the right moves.
Something wrong with that link.
Old April 14, 2014, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
It saying bangladesh on top, but it will be afg.
Old April 14, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
This one works.
http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/...ustralia-visit
Old April 14, 2014, 12:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
BCB only knows how to steal money & punish players.. Our president doesnt have any vision. I can see another loss against the Afgans in the world cup
What else can we expect from a cheap and corrupted guy like Papon and his gangs, which also includes Akram and Faruk? These people have sent BD cricket back 14 years in just 2 years it seems like. Jurgensen is looking like a clone of Trevor Chappell/Mohsin Kamal. Mushy looks totally incompetent. The whole team is filled with arrogant and clueless losers. I can go on and on.
Old April 14, 2014, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

বি ছি বি কি জানে আফগানিরা কি ভাবে প্রস্তুতি নিচ্ছে? নাকি তারা এখনো world cup এর লাভের ভাগাভাগি নিয়ে সময় কাটাচ্ছে?
Old April 14, 2014, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Well Papon has just been chasing Big 3 for more fixtures, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but if he hasn't been working with ALL 9 countries simaltaneously then he is a fool. According to the Dhaka Tribune, the Big 3 has apparently refused fixtures against us until we "improve" according to the BCB spokesman. Apparently the Big 3 are "ready" to play us "home or away" but we have to "improve" as a team first. Hopefully this means the current fixtures are still in place and means no additional fixtures. But our team's dip in form couldn't have come at a worse time. Pathetic bunch of morons did well in 2012 and 2013 only start ball grabbing and pant-crapping in 2014.
Old April 14, 2014, 04:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Sorry about the link.
Yes bangladesh not having a team camp yet,and with jurgensen maybe not coming back doubts banglkadesh will prepare in oz/nz.
But yeh great planning by afghanistan,hope they get some games there.
Old April 14, 2014, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
with jurgensen maybe not coming back .
Did you read that part somewhere? If so, could you please share the link with us? Would love to read the full story
Old April 14, 2014, 07:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Did you read that part somewhere? If so, could you please share the link with us? Would love to read the full story
I can attest to that news. I read it on Dhaka Tribune about a week ago. Not sure how much of this is true though since I haven't seen anything else on this news since then. April 9th issue of Dhaka Tribune (Title: "Wind of Change in BCB"). In fact, I found it. Here is the link:

http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/...ind-change-bcb
Old April 14, 2014, 08:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
I can attest to that news. I read it on Dhaka Tribune about a week ago. Not sure how much of this is true though since I haven't seen anything else on this news since then. April 9th issue of Dhaka Tribune (Title: "Wind of Change in BCB"). In fact, I found it. Here is the link:

http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/...ind-change-bcb
Thanx bhai...
Old April 15, 2014, 02:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Thanx bhai...
You are most welcome.
Old April 15, 2014, 04:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Klusner

Bangladesh should immediately tour Scotland and Ireland. These 2 teams are playing the world cup and would be ready to host BD and the conditions in both these countries would be very similar to NZ and somewhat Aus. The tour should be composed of all 3 formats. This will give much expected exposure if they are not able to go to Aus
Old April 15, 2014, 11:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Not in irelands' and scotlands' schedule.Not that it is full.
Old April 22, 2014, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Seems like BD is going to Aus
Quote:
The BCB is likely to push Pakistan's 2015 tour of Bangladesh to the second week of April, instead of January. Bangladesh, in the meantime, are set to train in Australia for two extra weeks before the World Cup in a bid to acclimatize to conditions where they last played in January 2010.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/738753.html
Old September 3, 2014, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quite a blow for Afghanistan. Kabir Khan has done a fantastic job for them. But i expect them to rope in another big name Pakistani personality.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/afghanis...ry/777029.html
Old September 14, 2014, 04:03 PM
Street Cricketer

That Article is full of mistakes. Rashid Latif and Aamer Sohail is not involved with Afghan cricket at all.

Afghanistan Cricket Board did not want to renew Kabir Khan contract. The resigning story is just a cover up.

Afghanistan new coach is the former New Zealand coach Andy Moles. They have also hired Peter Anderson an Australian guy who coached PNG and has been training young cricketers in Kabul national academy for some 6 month's now.

20 players and both coaches took of for Australia yesterday and they will be play Western Australia and some other local team's before going to New Zealand.
Old September 15, 2014, 07:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandela
That Article is full of mistakes. Rashid Latif and Aamer Sohail is not involved with Afghan cricket at all.

Afghanistan Cricket Board did not want to renew Kabir Khan contract. The resigning story is just a cover up.

Afghanistan new coach is the former New Zealand coach Andy Moles. They have also hired Peter Anderson an Australian guy who coached PNG and has been training young cricketers in Kabul national academy for some 6 month's now.

20 players and both coaches took of for Australia yesterday and they will be play Western Australia and some other local team's before going to New Zealand.
He resigned before due to interference from the board didnt he?

When I saw he went straight for another job I put 2 and 2 together and figured he had a falling out with the board again, but for PR sake they said it was due to personal issues.
Old September 15, 2014, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Andy Moles is a pretty good coach. Trained Kenya also before.

If there is no Zimbabwe style mismanagement, Afghanistan has the capability of troubling us in all formats of the game in future. And whats good unlike the Kenya's, UAE's and Irelands, they are putting in a lot of effort in developing the pipeline to ensure they are not a one in a 5 year team.
Old September 15, 2014, 12:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Andy Moles is a pretty good coach. Trained Kenya also before.

If there is no Zimbabwe style mismanagement, Afghanistan has the capability of troubling us in all formats of the game in future. And whats good unlike the Kenya's, UAE's and Irelands, they are putting in a lot of effort in developing the pipeline to ensure they are not a one in a 5 year team.

Ireland not putting effort into the pipeline???

For the love of God at least do some basic research before coming out with ridiculous statements like that.
Old September 15, 2014, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Kenyans used to say the same once defending their cricket. But once the golden generation of cricketers move on they face the grim reality of international cricket. Let me know in a few years whether my statement was ridiculous or not.
Old September 15, 2014, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Ireland is the real deal. They're definitely here to stay and I do believe they'll be better than us and Zimbabwe. Unlike us or Zimbabwe, they won't mismanage. Kenya's another country that fell victim of mismanagement. They have a strong sporting culture and they're already in the process to take cricket forward in the country. They'll also still be playing county cricket as well so they won't have to worry as much about domestic cricket.

Afghanistans definitely another promising team. I think a lot depends upon how their country can recover from the War. Don't want to get political obviously but that is a factor. If the situation gets better in their country, I feel they can become a good team. I'll admit, I used to be in denial about Afghanistan but now seeing them grow and continue to get better as a team and become the 2nd strongest associate in no time, I think they can become a good team in the near future.