facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2015, 02:02 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Default Open Letter To Mash

Although I am no longer involved directly, I wanted to wish the squad all the very best for the World Cup starting with Afghanistan.

In case I don't get to speak to Mash on Skype, here is an open letter to him and all the boys:

Ami Mash o pura team Ke shubhokamona janai bisshocup 2015 er Jonno. Squad e Khub e Bhalo o protibhaban khelowar achey ebong shobar ektai lokkho thaka uchit sheta hocche proti ti khelay nijer shorbattok cheshta kora o match shera khelowar Howar lokkho rakha. Jodio ami Ekhon R team er shathe nei tarpor o ami Shob gulo khelai dekhbo agroho shohokare ebong asha Korbo amader dol ti jeno 2011 theke Aro dur egoy ebong shesh 8 e jayga kore Ney. Sheti hobe ekti chomotkar prapti.

Shubo kamonay,

Ian Pont, England
Old February 15, 2015, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Good one Ian. Who helped you write or translate this in Bangla? I hope Mash and the team gets this but the problem is no matter in which language the message is given, most of it gets lost in translation in cricketing skill.
Old February 15, 2015, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

thanks for wishing our team Ian!
Old February 15, 2015, 02:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Ditto.
Plus:
Stay loose and have fun on the field. Without the fun part, the pressure becomes unbearable.

You must enjoy what you do, else it is not 100%.
Old February 15, 2015, 02:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir

Thanks ian for wishing BD team. you are really a good wisher

MY request to mash: dont bowl in death over. you are not malinga
Old February 15, 2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Thanks ian for wishing BD team. you are really a good wisher

MY request to mash: dont bowl in death over. you are not malinga
I kept saying that to him at Dhaka Gladiators... and still Alfonso Thomas bowled the penultimate over and Mash bowled the last one! He said he likes the responsibility
Old February 15, 2015, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Nice gesture, Ian.

I think Mash has come around to it that he probably wasn't meant to be a death bowler. That's why he has requested the inclusion of Al Amin there. He has also experimented with death bowling in the last DPL. Does Mash not bowl Yorkers at the death because of his injuries or he simply cannot bowl them? I just hope he doesn't become too predictable with his slow off-cutters at the end. Otherwise, he will go for plenty!
Old February 15, 2015, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Thanks Ian for your words of encouragement especially for the effort to have them translated into Bangla. I believe you're one of the true well wishers of our team. Btw did you get a chance to watch Zim against SA or their warm up matches? They seem to be playing at a different level right now. What do you think was the key to their sudden transformation? Do you think their performance could rub off on our players and they will draw inspiration knowing that we white washed Zim 8-0 only few months ago?
Old February 15, 2015, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

The problem is we have seen Rubel go for plenty in death overs and Taskin is still very inexperienced to bowl majority of the death overs. Al amin has been great but you cant pick up just for that as his early spells are expensive and he has lost some touch following the action reporting incident. So it comes down to Mash to bowl a few overs in the end and a few for Shakib.
Old February 15, 2015, 03:31 PM

At DG, we used Shakib at the death a few times and he was excellent. Thing is he can also bowl with a new ball and is great in the middle but he only had 10 overs!
Old February 15, 2015, 03:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I kept saying that to him at Dhaka Gladiators... and still Alfonso Thomas bowled the penultimate over and Mash bowled the last one! He said he likes the responsibility
Who would you pick to bowl at the end?

And why is it that he's so poor when it comes to those situations, he normally has good controll of line and length, is it just the pressure. surely if he likes the responsibility - he shouldn't fell the pressure?

Old February 15, 2015, 03:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Thanks IAN
Old February 15, 2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Who would you pick to bowl at the end?

And why is it that he's so poor when it comes to those situations, he normally has good controll of line and length, is it just the pressure. surely if he likes the responsibility - he shouldn't fell the pressure?
Well I would hope the head coach already has that in place!

I personally would use Rubel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dIHbhUYkX0 and probably Shakib. However, this is the most unlikely combination.

The last 10 overs in WC matches are vital. It's the most important thing to be able to change a match when batting for save it when bowling. I think the management should have spent a good deal of time working up their plans for this.
Old February 15, 2015, 04:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Great gesture Ian!
Old February 15, 2015, 04:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Well I would hope the head coach already has that in place!

I personally would use Rubel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dIHbhUYkX0 and probably Shakib. However, this is the most unlikely combination.

The last 10 overs in WC matches are vital. It's the most important thing to be able to change a match when batting for save it when bowling. I think the management should have spent a good deal of time working up their plans for this.
one more Q for someone with a bit more knowledge than most...combined

What do you think of Taskin, about where he is right now and how much potential does he have, are there any major glaring issues with his action and overall bowling

Old February 15, 2015, 06:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

You've gone the extra mile to translate your wishes in Bangla shows how much you care about our boys. You sir are a genuine fan of our cricket. **standing ovation**

Your wonderful gesture is much appreciated by us fans.

Thank you ever so much.

God bless.
Old February 15, 2015, 06:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Although I am no longer involved directly, I wanted to wish the squad all the very best for the World Cup starting with Afghanistan.

In case I don't get to speak to Mash on Skype, here is an open letter to him and all the boys:

Ami Mash o pura team Ke shubhokamona janai bisshocup 2015 er Jonno. Squad e Khub e Bhalo o protibhaban khelowar achey ebong shobar ektai lokkho thaka uchit sheta hocche proti ti khelay nijer shorbattok cheshta kora o match shera khelowar Howar lokkho rakha. Jodio ami Ekhon R team er shathe nei tarpor o ami Shob gulo khelai dekhbo agroho shohokare ebong asha Korbo amader dol ti jeno 2011 theke Aro dur egoy ebong shesh 8 e jayga kore Ney. Sheti hobe ekti chomotkar prapti.
Shubo kamonay,

Ian Pont, England
Great words of encouragement Ian; who did the translation ? Nicely done
Old February 15, 2015, 09:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Beautifully said. Thank you coach.
Old February 16, 2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
one more Q for someone with a bit more knowledge than most...combined

What do you think of Taskin, about where he is right now and how much potential does he have, are there any major glaring issues with his action and overall bowling
I have said before and I repeat, Taskin could be the best fast bowler BD has produced...that's how much potential he has. He is in my list of "10 to watch" at the World Cup, although I think he is slightly underprepared due to injuries and recovery. This World Cup is perhaps a bit early for him.

His action is strong and robust. There are a few minor things he can tidy up and I have mentioned those to him privately. The WC is not the time to work on them though.

But as long as he gets the right support and the right help, I can see him being a real diamond. I think we are seeing the emergence of a great talent, He needs people not to over hype him or push him too hard. He will come through when he is ready.
Old February 16, 2015, 02:28 AM

Onek dhonnobad Ian thread tar jonney. Amaro shuvokamona roilo Mash er tar doler jonney.
Old February 16, 2015, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Thanks Coach..
Old February 16, 2015, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

You wrote in better shudho bengali than I could.
Old February 16, 2015, 06:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Good work Ian

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 16, 2015, 07:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

The bit where he said "proti ti khelay nijer shorbattok cheshta kora o match shera khelowar Howar lokkho rakha" is the key. doesnt matter if we lose after giving our best in every games.
Old February 16, 2015, 11:05 AM
Test Cricketer

I hope Mashrafe gives something special in this worldcup, which is most likely his last.

On a different note, we like to criticize our current crop of players for the failure of last 14 years, loosing for winning position, inability to take singles or play in bouncy pitches etc.

But I am actually more concerned about our administrators and people who run the board, they should be hold accountable for not being able to setup a proper year round first class cricketing structure with participation of all divisions in Bangladesh, failure to put fast and green tracks in 1-2 grounds for domestic matches on a consistent basis (it's not that hard with today's technology), not establishing proper academies for growing young talents, specialized fielding coaches, psychiatrists starting with age level teams etc. With all the sponsorship money and growth of private corporation funding, it's high time that we become professional from grass root level.

On top of these foundational activities, there is no harm in having profit making tournaments like BPL. But the sole attention should not be such short term T-20s, There is a reason why teams like Australia and South Africa are so consistent in their performance.

If Bangladesh ends up loosing to Afghanistan or Scotland, the players and coaching staff should only take partial blame. The most important factor is, we do not have a system that instills professionalism.