facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 14, 2017, 01:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default ***The Biryani Thread***

Simple,

Places where you had Biryani and how you would rate it out of 5 (5 being Excellent), how was the price? too expensive or decent for the quality of Biryani? When was the last time you had Biryani, have you cooked Biryani by yourself before?. How did you compare home made Biryani to restaurants etc.

I had Biryani in Bangladesh & UK. The Chicken Biryani I had in Bangladesh was around in 2004/2005, the quality of Biryani was Good (3.5 out of 5), I am not sure about the price as my cousin paid, apparently it is a good restaurant (called President) in BD, I won't know so much. Plus my cousins made Biryani every time we visited different places to visit them, it was good, nothing too special.

However, the best Biryani I had is in UK, I am not sure if the take-away is Turkish or Pakistani, but its one of the best Biryani I ever had (5/5). the price was really good, I paid (£5), I think its 500 BD Taka.. it was near to my first job place.. however I now miss that place, as I can't go there anymore... its around 45/50 min by train..and my current place of work is like 10 minute from where I live....

Please share you experience... where did you first have your Biryani (away from home)? did you like it... how do you compare to all the places you had Biryani etc.
Old January 14, 2017, 03:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Hajis Biryani Australia-Lakemba

food:8/10
price:9/10

Indian cusine bashundhara mall
food:6/10
price:4/10
Old January 14, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Kassi biryani is the ultimate biryani in the world! For me that is the only biryani.

In UK here are my findings:

I go to Dhaka Biryani for their Kassi which is more like lamb biryani. The biryani has an egg, you get a saabze or daal and costs £5. I give it a 3.5 out of 5. Its mildly spiced which is why it doesn't score well and the rice quality ain't the best.

My weddings caterer was Sapna and their biryani is great. They have a Ramadan buffet for £15 and biryani gets 4.5/5.

I had a chicken biryani and mutton biryani in a posh restaurant called dhishoom. 3.5/5 for me as its very mildy spiced.

I cook a biryani using Shaan Maasala Bombaby Biryani with mutton. People rate it 5 out of 5. I have adjusted and made tweeks making it my own. I used to make it for my friends in 2006, they still rave on about it ☺.

Tbh Biryani in the UK for me is best cooked at home as people cook it for a Bangladeshi palette.
Old January 14, 2017, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Pictures,pictures, pictures....please