Is the target back to Individual Improvement?
Is the target of the Bangladesh team, according to Dav Whatmore, back to the improvement of individual performance?
Because if it is, then I would like to REPEAT some of the individual targets that I have mentioned before:-
1) Even Holland has 2 players who have scored ODI centuries against Namibia, so our young players should try to achieve this target, IN PRACTICE MATCHES
2) Even Holland has a 300 plus score against Namibia, so our overall team target should be scoring 300, not 200, in case the wickets are batting friendly for our players in Namibia
3) We have lost two many International Test teams in Test cricket inside 3-days, we would like to GET A WIN in 3-day matches this time in Namibia
4) We have been whitewashed 3-0 or 5-0 many times, we would like to whitewash other teams, this time we got an opportunity against Namibia
5) Our bowlers have never ever taken a 5 wicket haul, the best that they had done is take 4 wickets, this time, I would like a few of our pace bowlers (or the spinners) take a 5 wicket haul in a One Day 50 over match.
Ofcourse, none of this will be recorded as either ODI or a Test match, but it will be a tremendous confidence booster if we can achieve all of the above.
Ofcourse, Al Shahriar has a century against Namibia, but in that innings, (and after that innings he has a zero percent score) Bangladesh could not reach a target of 300, what is more is that we won that match only by a victory margin of only 9 runs - NOT GOOD, and also, it indicates that it was a hell of a batting pitch, so Al Shahriar's century does not count as a century TO ME.
May be we have seen Rafique taking 5-fors against Namibia? I don't know, have to check that - he already has 5 wicket hauls in Test cricket - what I want is one of our other spinners to take a 5 wicket haul in a 50 over match, or in particular the I will be happy to see pacers take a 5 wicket haul.