facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:29 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
this is what happens with e-mail correspondence and real life business(lol, i meant to say busy-ness..ended up writing business...hmmm...so THAT'S how words are invented )

Bangla Red Probably wen to pray taraweeh tonight...I e-mailed him it has been a long time he hasn't responded with the match details.
isnt he supposed to be sleeping now??? its midnight in London.. it should have been started earlier..
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:31 PM
nzfan nzfan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 24, 2007
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein
Posts: 2,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
calm down.. dont hate smone cause of a stupid game.. this is just a stupid game.. its just for fun.. you should see how poorly i performed in the last match.. i thought i would be dropped but im still playing.. i dont care a lot if im dropped cause its just a fuc**** game, so calm down.. i hv less posts than you so a worse contract.. i dont wanna say anything about how people post though..
I never said I hated anyone, because I don't

Hate is a word that you should not use freely
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:35 PM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,188

lol ashraf calm down. I agree with nzfan bhai as well.
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:36 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
I never said I hated anyone, because I don't

Hate is a word that you should not use freely
i didnt use hate for hatred in that case.. i meant it as u disliking smone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
lol ashraf calm down. I agree with nzfan bhai as well.
lol.. i was trying to calm him down??!?!?! im already calm and to me he seemed angry cause he said he will withdraw his player cause he thinks that the contracts arent fair..
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:41 PM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
i didnt use hate for hatred in that case.. i meant it as u disliking smone..



lol.. i was trying to calm him down??!?!?! im already calm and to me he seemed angry cause he said he will withdraw his player cause he thinks that the contracts arent fair..
Well they kinda aren't...
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Well they kinda aren't...
you cant just look at things from ur perspective.. i know they arent fair for us.. but for people who hv a lot of posts, they think its fair cause they hv advantage over us.. if contracts were random, they would want it this way cause they would be like "ohh but these people arent regular in BC so they dont deserve to hv a better contract than us, blah, blah".. so really we hv to come up with smthing everyone will agree on..
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:49 PM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
you cant just look at things from ur perspective.. i know they arent fair for us.. but for people who hv a lot of posts, they think its fair cause they hv advantage over us.. if contracts were random, they would want it this way cause they would be like "ohh but these people arent regular in BC so they dont deserve to hv a better contract than us, blah, blah".. so really we hv to come up with smthing everyone will agree on..
Yeah but its also unfair when spammers get a better contract (Nadim, BK bhai lol)
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old August 26, 2009, 08:58 PM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,188

GUYS! I just thought of the perfect system. In the 1st season, everyone gets the same contract. then based on how you perform that season, you can get promoted to a better contract.

So for example, everyone starts out with a C contract.

If you average 35+ with the bat, you get promoted to B-
If you average 40+ with the bat, you get promoted to B
If you average 45+ with the bat, you get promoted to B+
If you average 50+ with the bat, you get promoted to A-
If you average 55+ with the bat, you get promoted to A
If you average 60+ with the bat, you get promoted to A+
If you average 65+ with the bat, you get the choice of being a captain the following season.

It would be the same sort of system for bowlers.

What do you guys think? This would make it much more fair!
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old August 26, 2009, 09:05 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
GUYS! I just thought of the perfect system. In the 1st season, everyone gets the same contract. then based on how you perform that season, you can get promoted to a better contract.

So for example, everyone starts out with a C contract.

If you average 35+ with the bat, you get promoted to B-
If you average 40+ with the bat, you get promoted to B
If you average 45+ with the bat, you get promoted to B+
If you average 50+ with the bat, you get promoted to A-
If you average 55+ with the bat, you get promoted to A
If you average 60+ with the bat, you get promoted to A+
If you average 65+ with the bat, you get the choice of being a captain the following season.

It would be the same sort of system for bowlers.

What do you guys think? This would make it much more fair!
ya i like it but i think smone thought about that but BR didnt like it for some reason..
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old August 26, 2009, 09:11 PM
Akib's Avatar
Akib Akib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 27, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Graeme Smith
Posts: 5,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
GUYS! I just thought of the perfect system. In the 1st season, everyone gets the same contract. then based on how you perform that season, you can get promoted to a better contract.

So for example, everyone starts out with a C contract.

If you average 35+ with the bat, you get promoted to B-
If you average 40+ with the bat, you get promoted to B
If you average 45+ with the bat, you get promoted to B+
If you average 50+ with the bat, you get promoted to A-
If you average 55+ with the bat, you get promoted to A
If you average 60+ with the bat, you get promoted to A+
If you average 65+ with the bat, you get the choice of being a captain the following season.

It would be the same sort of system for bowlers.

What do you guys think? This would make it much more fair!
I guess, however, if everyone has the same contract, they'll probably end up performing similarly (it is a computer program after all).

Really, there is no fair way to actually give contracts. However, it is true, that the current system rewards those who mindlessly post.

Another way would be to give those who have been bc members for longer a better contract, thus those who have been involved more in community are rewarded, however again, this really isn't that fair either.
__________________
Photography Gallery
http://akib99.deviantart.com/gallery/
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old August 26, 2009, 09:12 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I guess, however, if everyone has the same contract, they'll probably end up performing similarly (it is a computer program after all).

Really, there is no fair way to actually give contracts. However, it is true, that the current system rewards those who mindlessly post.

Another way would be to give those who have been bc members for longer a better contract, thus those who have been involved more in community are rewarded, however again, this really isn't that fair either.
this isnt fair cause there are some people who signed up like so long ago but rarely post and visit BC.. its not fair to newbies like me..
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old August 26, 2009, 09:16 PM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
this isnt fair cause there are some people who signed up like so long ago but rarely post and visit BC.. its not fair to newbies like me..
Well in most real cricket teams (except for BD) younger players usually have to prove themselves to go ahead of the senior player. For example: Gautam Gambhir. So it actually is pretty fair.
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old August 26, 2009, 09:30 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Well in most real cricket teams (except for BD) younger players usually have to prove themselves to go ahead of the senior player. For example: Gautam Gambhir. So it actually is pretty fair.
but the senior players have to keep performing too.. if the senior players dont perform (post) regularly, they would get kicked out of the team.. nvm bout Ash :P
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old August 26, 2009, 09:30 PM
Akib's Avatar
Akib Akib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 27, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Graeme Smith
Posts: 5,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Well in most real cricket teams (except for BD) younger players usually have to prove themselves to go ahead of the senior player. For example: Gautam Gambhir. So it actually is pretty fair.
Yea thats kind of what I was aiming at.

Like an experience thing.
__________________
Photography Gallery
http://akib99.deviantart.com/gallery/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old August 26, 2009, 09:35 PM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
but the senior players have to keep performing too.. if the senior players dont perform (post) regularly, they would get kicked out of the team.. nvm bout Ash :P
: floor:
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old August 27, 2009, 02:34 AM
_Habib_'s Avatar
_Habib_ _Habib_ is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 23, 2009
Favorite Player: Shakib,TI and Rasel
Posts: 48

Let's go Awesome BCites, watchout for Sir Habib Saleh.
__________________
Proud Bangladeshi
Fight me at http://king-habib.mybrute.com
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old August 27, 2009, 04:45 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,846

What's the status?

We are batting right? Lets crack some bowls....
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old August 27, 2009, 08:23 AM
abz..+'s Avatar
abz..+ abz..+ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 7, 2009
Location: Redbridge, London
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,892

go Awesome BCites we are the best
__________________
Bangladesh Cricket For Life
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old August 27, 2009, 08:31 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
What's the status?

We are batting right? Lets crack some bowls....
We don't know who won the toss yet.

Rom,
Importance of individual score < partnership. Lets go boy!! It is time to make some records.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old August 27, 2009, 09:18 AM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We don't know who won the toss yet.

Rom,
Importance of individual score < partnership. Lets go boy!! It is time to make some records.
For real!!! Ek means one run, dui means two. As long as we don't get run out, I'm sure we can bat together for at least 2 sessions.
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old August 27, 2009, 09:46 AM
abz..+'s Avatar
abz..+ abz..+ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 7, 2009
Location: Redbridge, London
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,892

when does the match start?
__________________
Bangladesh Cricket For Life
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old August 27, 2009, 10:22 AM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

The match didn't start yet?
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old August 27, 2009, 10:25 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,457

Day 1: washed out due to Heavy Rain...(7.6 inches total rainfall)

Day Two: Forecasts: Intese Thunderstorms with bizzare lightning, not even ducks can play cricket.
__________________
"Ya Allah, give me eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad and a soul that never loses faith."
-from facebook Group "Alhamdulillah for Everything"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old August 27, 2009, 10:28 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Day 1: washed out due to Heavy Rain...(7.6 inches total rainfall)

Day Two: Forecasts: Intese Thunderstorms with bizzare lightning, not even ducks can play cricket.
Is the game being played in WI?
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old August 27, 2009, 10:30 AM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Washed out? Come on.
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket