facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2009, 03:48 PM
Street Cricketer

Default 'Minor Cricket League' for Bangladesh

BCB should introduce ‘National Minor Cricket League’ as a hierarchy of professional National Cricket League. ‘Minor League’ cricket, can be an umbrella organization for leagues that have agreements to operate as affiliates of National Cricket League which will directly affiliated with (and can be named after) one National league team through a standardized Player Development Contract that compete at levels below that of National League. The minor league teams will be directly owned by their National league parent club.

More so the National League teams can introduce 40-man roaster with 25 in reserve list eligible to play the National League and remaining 15 in disable list or play at level of minor league. The minor league players will work at the lower end of Natioanl league pay scales and will be covered by all rules and player agreements of the players association. They will generally work for far less pay as they develop their skills and work their way up the ladder toward the National leagues. Many players may have signing bonuses and other additional compensation although that will be generally reserved for early round draft picks.

On maturity Minor League Cricket can also introduce other teams which are not affitiate with any National Cricket League teams. These teams can work their way up with their standard of cricket to the Natioanl Cricket League if eligable by BCB; increasing the teams playing in National league.

The main purpose of the system is to develop players available to play in the National leagues on demand. And that will open up a development pipeline of talents.
Old April 2, 2009, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

just a simple question .... have you ever been in BD?
Old April 2, 2009, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

just follow this news
Old April 3, 2009, 01:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

rimon88 bhai, very good plan...and yes we badly need something like this!
Old April 3, 2009, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Great plan once again. আমার গন্ডমূর্খগুলার মাথায় ঢুকলেই হয়।
Old April 3, 2009, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Good idea but it will be hard to implement something like this......
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 3, 2009, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

More in line with the minor league system in baseball I presume. For that to happen, we will have to first ensure that the major teams are in good standing economically with proper professional structure in place. Meanwhile - Academy, Age group levels etc. will continue to supply and supplant the major teams involved. I do think that we should develop and nurture the School-College level championships every year, country wide , with teams involved in direct competition every year. Professional teams should have scouts watching and monitoring ( both major and minor level ) to identify prospective pros.
Old April 3, 2009, 03:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Not a bad idea however implementing competitive cricket including tournaments at school and college will be an easier option. This way more young talents can be spotted and then drafted in to domestic cricket teams to develop them. Here in the UK School and College cricket is at a really good level and many players are drafted into country cricket from this that then become successful england superstars.
Old April 3, 2009, 03:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
Here in the UK School and College cricket is at a really good level and many players are drafted into country cricket from this that then become successful england superstars.
that is totally not true at all!

Here in the UK the system is totally crap.

Here in my area there is no such thing as college/sixth form cricket teams at all.

I won my last tournament in school, which was in year 10, since then there was no school cricket teams after that.

You have to join a club and play lots of matches, and only then by luck and determination, do you get a chance to start playing first class cricket.

Last edited by Nafi; April 3, 2009 at 03:39 PM..