facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 28, 2009, 06:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Default Women's Tri-Nation Tournament in Bangladesh, Feb 2009 (BD, PAK & SL)

Fixture for Women's Tri-Nation Tournament in Bangladesh, February 2009

Fri 6
09:00 local, 03:00 GMT Women's Tri-Nation Tournament in Bangladesh
Bangladesh Women v Pakistan Women
Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra

Sat 7
Pakistan Women v Sri Lanka Women

Mon 9
Bangladesh Women v Sri Lanka Women

Thu 12
Pakistan Women v Sri Lanka Women
Khulna Divisional Stadium

Fri 13
Bangladesh Women v Sri Lanka Women

Sat 14
Bangladesh Women v Pakistan Women

Tue 17
Final - TBC v TBC
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Source: Cricinfo
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/wome...ss=10;future=1

go slama khatun and go bd tigresses!
all the best to BD!

Last edited by bujhee kom; January 28, 2009 at 07:01 PM..

Old January 28, 2009, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Good luck to Bangladesh.
Old January 28, 2009, 06:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

BK bhai, apnar bepar ki ? Mohila cricket e eto interest keno ?
Old January 28, 2009, 07:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
BK bhai, apnar bepar ki ? Mohila cricket e eto interest keno ?
...mamu, as a kid i grew up playing with the apas in my para wearing my amma's red sandles, guys didn't let me play with them, they said i was too skinny and fragile for them! so after all these years, until this day i wear nail polish and carry a purse when i go to work! rest is history.....hahahaha!
Old January 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

hmm.. I understood. You are expert in concocting all those stories.
Old January 28, 2009, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
...mamu, as a kid i grew up playing with the apas in my para wearing my amma's red sandles, guys didn't let me play with them, they said i was too skinny and fragile for them! so after all these years, until this day i wear nail polish and carry a purse when i go to work! rest is history.....hahahaha!
Old January 28, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Old January 28, 2009, 07:31 PM
Cricket Savant

second thread ever by bk bhai....

....what an amazing self-restraint

fellas.... LEARN!....learn from the ascetic master.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Laughing all the way reading the above posts........any way of seeing the games?
Old January 28, 2009, 10:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
another word, "metrosexual"..
Old January 31, 2009, 04:53 PM
Cricket Savant

in about 5 days and 5 hours we (17 years old salma khatun's gang) face PAK women's team in bogra. we are basically playing 4 matches total (without the final) ~ 2 against PAK and 2 against SL. SL's probably too strong for us at this moment. and when it comes to PAK, we beat them once before and lost once as well! this series/tourny is basically the same mirror impression of last year's women's asia cup (minus the super strong indian team)!
man...out of these four matches what can we do???? i am really really excited and nervous at the same time! now, as we speak, we are at a very crucial stage of starting a spark of developing a real women's cricket identity in BD! everything depends on these girls! our future for women's cricket, our possibility of gaining women's ODI/assoc. status with icc etc. all depend on these players, their hard work and their performance! we need to win and win strongly! our batting is very weak (except for the skipper salma khatun, tithy sarkar and jessy) just like our national team (tigers)!
my prayers and all the kind wishes are for the brave cricketers of Bangladesh who represent none but our forever giving, caring, sacrificing and loving MOTHERS!
banglar ma-bhone-era jege uthun! this time not blood, we need merciless runs from your willow!
all the best to coach zafrul ehsan, pacer panna ghosh, tajkia akhtar and spinner champa chakma! salute!

p.s. where is our kathbirali apa?

Last edited by bujhee kom; January 31, 2009 at 05:22 PM..
Old January 31, 2009, 05:19 PM
Cricket Savant

last year's pre asia-cup article on cricinfo, i thought some of you might like to read it if you didn't before!

Bangladesh women's cricket

A journey into the unknown
Nishi Narayanan
May 2, 2008

Bangladesh's women get a chance to prove their worth © ACC

It has been less than a year since the Bangladesh women's side was formed and now they are preparing to take on India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup starting Friday. This may be an insignificant entry in the chronicles of cricket but should they go on to achieve the success that their male counterparts are struggling to reach, this entry shall act as a reference to how it all began.

Bangladesh qualified for the Asia Cup after winning the Asian Cricket Council tournament in Malaysia last August. That was their first tournament and Zafrul Ehsan, their coach, said he had no idea how they would play when he took charge. "When I saw these girls I realised that even though they were older than the age-group players I had been training, as senior coach of the National Academy, they needed to be taught the basics. So I started training them as one would be train first-timers and they were very enthusiastic."

But Ehsan wouldn't have had a team to coach unless the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) had set up a women's committee. In March 2006, with the ICC pressuring each of its Full Members to start a women's wing, the BCB set up a committee and appointed Sahima Hossain, a former MP, as the chairman. "In October that year, using eight lakhs given by the board, we organised a tournament involving 10 districts, Hossain said. "[Out of those] 31 girls, who scored 50 plus, or took five or more wickets, were picked for a four-month long national camp, beginning in April 2007."

The objective of that camp was to form a team that would participate in the ACC tournament. "Our aim was to get a good result," Hossain said. "All other teams were new as well and no one had participated in an international tournament." The budget for the tour was 19 lakhs. Bangladesh were clearly a level higher than the rest and they won the tournament without dropping a single game. The victory not only meant a place in the Asia Cup but also recognition from the people, the media and officials back home. "A lot of people didn't know there was a national team for women," Ehsan said. "We won convincingly and everyone was surprised as to when these girls had learned the game and won. We got a lot of praise, money, and appreciation."

Interest also grew among more women to play the sport. "At first the thought that girls would play cricket was shocking to people, Hossain said. "Now that is not the case. Previously I wouldn't get enough girls but now I'm not short of girls for any tournament." The budget, now raised to 35 lakhs a year, was divided between a schools tournament, the district championship, a services tournament and a coaches training programme.

If winning a tournament, which had teams from countries not known for their cricket, could create so many ripples in the women's game in Bangladesh, imagine what a credible performance at the Asia Cup could do? But success in Sri Lanka won't be easy. "To be honest we haven't got any video footage of the opposition teams," Ehsan admitted. "I don't have much idea of the teams. We don't have a situation in Bangladesh where we can have two women's teams play each other. We have enough only for one team. We've played against some boys and we will just try to achieve what is within our capability." As a warm-up to the tournament, Bangladesh hosted Hong Kong for a week-long series. "We wanted India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka to come and play us but we couldn't get any side to agree," Hossain said.

Ehsan's expectations from his side are not very high. "I don't expect we will be the best team in Asia. We want a place for our flag in Asia. Now that we've come this far, I want to show everyone we are worthy of playing at this level. We are arriving in world cricket and will try in future everyone should recognise us. You may think this is just talk but this is what we want to achieve."

Nishi Narayanan is a staff writer at Cricinfo. Interviews by Akhila Ranganna

© Cricinfo
link: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ry/348348.html
Old February 1, 2009, 05:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Women's Tri-Nation Tournament in Bangladesh 2008-09
'We will aim for World Cup semi-final' - Ekanayake

Cricinfo staff
January 27, 2009

Thanuga Ekanayake, the chairman of the Sri Lanka women's selection committee, is confident the tri-nation series in Bangladesh will be the ideal warm-up ahead of the World Cup, where she said Sri Lanka would aim to reach the semi-finals.

"Only one change has been made from the last squad for the West Indies series and all players are in good form and are confident as they did well against West Indies and also were runners-up to India in the Asian series," Ekanayake told Sri Lanka's Nation on Sunday.

Sri Lanka won four out of their six matches in the Asia Cup in May last year and beat West Indies 3-2 in November. The tri-nation tournament, which includes the hosts Bangladesh and Pakistan, will be Sri Lanka's first away series in more than two years.

Ekanayake said Sri Lanka will have to well against Pakistan, England and India in the World Cup's first-round matches to go to the Super Six. In order to perform well in the two World Cups this year, it was important for the players' to maintain fitness. "Our new trainer Dinendra Jayasinghe, a Sri Lankan-born lady who is Australian qualified, has done her best to keep our players fit during the past six months," said Ekanayake. "The team's coach Chitral Mendis and manager Indrani are a great combination and work tirelessly for the team. We also deeply appreciate the support given to women's cricket by the sport ministry and Sri Lanka Cricket.

"We are also hoping to form a pool for a Sri Lanka Women's 'A' team. The SLC-conducted women's inter-provincial tournament was most helpful in finding talented players."

© Cricinfo
link: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/sril...ry/387951.html
Old February 1, 2009, 09:10 PM
Cricket Savant

jest 4 more days before the first match, still no place to find any info/news/insights on the team (like how many players, who got in, etc.), camp preperation or coach/captain pre-tournament comments!
totally ridiculous! incompetent, unprofessional clueless bcb as expected! worhtless bunch of goons! today is my last day in dhaka, i am thinking about going by the bcb hq and throw some old stolen shoes at the morons! they will probably say i came to collect chada and get me arrested!
anyways go BD! go bongomatas!

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 1, 2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old February 2, 2009, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Is our women's team any better than Sri Lanka's? I don't recall a match between us and them....
Old February 2, 2009, 03:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Hope BKs team wins the trophy.
Old February 2, 2009, 05:59 AM
Cricket Guru

woot! Finally the girls/ladies are playing again!
Old February 4, 2009, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

So Salma Khatun leading again.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wome...ry/389090.html
Old February 4, 2009, 09:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Captains

Srilankan team.
Old February 4, 2009, 09:41 PM
Cricket Savant

yeah nycpro96 bro salma khatun it is! thanks for the photos murad bhai! the pak captain lady is very beautiful!!!
i like our captain's team clothing! is it their off the field team uniform? their field uniform is green like the men's tema, right?

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 5, 2009 at 05:23 AM..
Old February 4, 2009, 09:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Women's Tri-Nation Tournament in Bangladesh
Khatun to lead Bangladesh in tri-series

Cricinfo staff

February 4, 2009

Salma Khatun, who led Bangladesh in Asia Cup last year, has been retained as captain for the women's tri-nation tournament at home, also featuring Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Tuesday announced the 14-member squad for the upcoming series, which starts from Friday.

The Pakistan team have already arrived and had their first full training session at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Tuesday. They will be travelling to Bogra tomorrow ahead of the tournament opener against Bangladesh.

The teams will be meeting each other twice during the league phase, with Bogra staging the first three matches and Khulna hosting the remaining fixtures. The final is scheduled on February 17 at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Bangladesh achieved their first win against an international ODI team when they beat Pakistan by four wickets in Kurunegala during the Asia Cup in May. But as Bangladesh were not among the top 14 ranked sides in the world, matches involving them in the Asia Cup were not considered as one-day internationals.

Squad: Salma Khatun (capt), Shathira Jakir, Shuktara, Ayesha Akhter, Lata Mondal, Panna Ghosh, Mina Khatun, Tithy Sarkar, Champa Chakma, Irin Sultana (wk), Jahanara Alam, Fatema Jahara, Lily Bishwash, Sohely Akhter

On standby: Rumana Ahmed, Shamima Akhter, Papiya Haque Babu, Shahnaz Parvin.

© Cricinfo
link: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wome...ry/389090.html
Old February 4, 2009, 09:49 PM
Cricket Savant

I don't mean in disrespectful way, but the presenter looks cute.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 4, 2009, 09:56 PM
Cricket Savant

wait a sec, that isn't the pak captain! the pak captain is uruz mumtaz, short on the extreme right!
is that the umpire then? damn! she is the tallest in the pic! is that a salwar camiz she is wearing? i think she is a famous retired BD batsman!
Old February 4, 2009, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Cause she aint athlete.
Old February 4, 2009, 11:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Gopal Daa you can go for her. She is still single. Boyosh hoito 35-38 hobe.