facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2014, 07:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

I saw him today @TV giving an interview. I really feel sorry for this guy. Very naïve and polite.

He was truthful. He should be given minimum punishment.
Old March 18, 2014, 10:12 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
I saw him today @TV giving an interview. I really feel sorry for this guy. Very naïve and polite.

He was truthful. He should be given minimum punishment.
Nice idea. Lets all commit crimes and be honest about it.
Old March 26, 2014, 10:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Recently Dav gave an interview and the during the following question Dav's response was quite interesting....

Quote:

SJ: In your coaching tenure did you come across a player that you thought had all the potential and talent but just couldn't convert it on the field? Was there someone you felt you could help, but couldn't, someone that was frustrating for you?

DW: I have certainly felt that towards Mohammad Ashraful when I was in Bangladesh. As it turned out, he has been playing a different game from time to time as well, which was a very naughty thing to do. It reflects on my ability as a coach to get the best out of a player. He had so much ability. I kept racking my brains on how the hell can I get this guy to become more consistent. From time to time, the other factors come into it, as we all know now.
What naughty thing he is talking about? Ei naughty ki sai naughty? Hmmm....
Old March 26, 2014, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

He is referring to Ash's recent match fixing saga.
Old March 27, 2014, 12:41 AM
MLC World Series I

He has been going to the matches. Seen his photos on Facebook!
Old April 1, 2014, 04:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Fearing that he would not be bought at the auction, Ashraful called up a few owners and some of his former team-mates. “Frankly, I felt unwanted. Nobody showed interest in me. I hadn’t scored runs, even in domestic matches. The future looked bleak,” Ashraful said.

Fortunately for him, the Dhaka Gladiators successfully bid 48 lakh taka for Ashraful. It came as a relief that he would play in the BPL, but his value as a player had plummeted.

In the first season he had been bought for 1 crore and 60 lakh taka by the Gladiators. Of this amount, he was paid only 86 lakh taka. Of the 48 lakh taka he was to be given in the second season, he received only 15 per cent. But at least, he had not become not a BPL outcast. However, he felt indebted to the Dhaka Gladiators and its owner for not falling off the radar.
“Before the auction I got the feeling that nobody wanted me in their team. So when Dhaka bought me, I felt that they had done me a big favour,” Ashraful says ruefully.

So when pressure came from all quarters within the team to under-perform in the last league game, Ashraful says he gave in because he felt indebted. “I was offered 10 lakh taka to ensure Chittagong wins,” he says.

But he is quick to add that more than the lure of money, it was the ‘huge debt’ he owed the Dhaka Gladiators for picking him that compelled him to say ‘yes’ and not ‘no’.

“I resisted the initial offers but beyond a point, I couldn’t. It was the only time I wasn’t honest,” he says.
Quote:
His childhood friends, with whom he has played age-group cricket, are Ashraful’s business partners. None of them scaled the dizzy heights as Ashraful, but when he tripped and fell, they formed the safety net. They sit around him at the dinner table and recall stories of Ashraful bunking his exams to play cricket. On one occasion, he returned home after a match but his father caught the bluff because his classmates were still writing their exams at school.

At 29, Ashraful claims he still has the school-boy passion for the game. “I hope I get another chance to play for Bangladesh. I have earned so much love from the fans but I have not given them the joy and happiness they deserve. I have admitted that I was corrupt during the BPL. I hope fans forgive me and I get another chance to start with a clean slate.”
http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...ed-prodigal/5/
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old April 1, 2014, 04:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

what about the intl matches that u fixed?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old April 1, 2014, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Gareth Bale

Ashrafool for T20s
Old April 1, 2014, 09:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

dhong, Int match fix korso keno? opposition team tomake koyekta run korte disilo bole indebted chila?
Old April 1, 2014, 10:35 PM
MLC World Series I

Lol this guy knows how to play on our countrymen's emotion.
Old April 2, 2014, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Yay Ashrafix for captain!