facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 8, 2007, 07:12 AM
Reaz Reaz is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 10, 2006
Posts: 147
BDFlag Tigers under the New Leader

The selectors should be praised at least for the difficult decisions of making Asraful the Captain in both the forms of the game.

The more I hear him the more I get impressed. His comments during few recent interviews were matured and confident. Not to mention his excellent century on his first assignment as Captain. Captains sould lead by examples and exectly that's what he did. This century will make world of good for him and for the team as well. It couldn't come at a better time than this.

I am also excited about young Mushfiq. The way he played with Ashraful in the second test was simply brilliant. His comments in the recent interviews are also equally matched with his Captain. Remember how he sacrificed his wicket during the match with South Africa in the last World cup?

The ability and maturity of Masrafee is unquestionable. Shahriar Nafees is an excellent player and soon will come back strongly. Shahadat is getting better everyday. Sakib is a quick learner. I am pretty sure he will get himself adjusted to Test cricket very quickly. Razzak is within top ten best bowlers in the world. I always miss Aftab. He should have been part of the both the forms of the game. He has the ability to destroy any bowling attack on his day.Rajin Saleh has good all round performance as batsman, bowler and fielder. Tushar Imran will be an excellent middle order filler. Syed Rasel has always been an under rated player. He always provided the breakthrough when needed. His economy rate is also excellent.

Most exciting part of this outfit is their age. The average is only 20!
So let us all be patient. Bright days are ahead under the able leadership of the little genius!

Tigers:
Shahriar Nafees
Rajen Saleh
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
Asraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Tushar Imran
Mashrafee
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel
Razzak
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 8, 2007, 07:31 AM
Aritro's Avatar
Aritro Aritro is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaz
The selectors should be praised at least for the difficult decisions of making Asraful the Captain in both the forms of the game.

The more I hear him the more I get impressed. His comments during few recent interviews were matured and confident. Not to mention his excellent century on his first assignment as Captain. Captains sould lead by examples and exectly that's what he did. This century will make world of good for him and for the team as well. It couldn't come at a better time than this.

I am also excited about young Mushfiq. The way he played with Ashraful in the second test was simply brilliant. His comments in the recent interviews are also equally matched with his Captain. Remember how he sacrificed his wicket during the match with South Africa in the last World cup?

The ability and maturity of Masrafee is unquestionable. Shahriar Nafees is an excellent player and soon will come back strongly. Shahadat is getting better everyday. Sakib is a quick learner. I am pretty sure he will get himself adjusted to Test cricket very quickly. Razzak is within top ten best bowlers in the world. I always miss Aftab. He should have been part of the both the forms of the game. He has the ability to destroy any bowling attack on his day.Rajin Saleh has good all round performance as batsman, bowler and fielder. Tushar Imran will be an excellent middle order filler. Syed Rasel has always been an under rated player. He always provided the breakthrough when needed. His economy rate is also excellent.

Most exciting part of this outfit is their age. The average is only 20!
So let us all be patient. Bright days are ahead under the able leadership of the little genius!

Tigers:
Shahriar Nafees
Rajen Saleh
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
Asraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Tushar Imran
Mashrafee
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel
Razzak
The only part of that post that's incorrect is when you describe Tushar as ' an excellent middle order filler'. He'll be back in the A team before long. His failure at the top level is not simply due to the fact that the selectors keep shafting him, as people claim, it's also because he isn't any where near technically equipped to handle international bowling attacks.

We also need to find a quality third seamer for our Test team as soon as possible. Rasel is a handy enough option when he only has to bowl 10 overs but he leaves us horribly exposed when it comes to the real stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 8, 2007, 07:40 AM
BanglaSele's Avatar
BanglaSele BanglaSele is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 24

Thank Allah old Hab isn't on that list of yours Reaz or I would've attempted suicide even though it is forbidden in Islam
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 8, 2007, 08:01 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
The only part of that post that's incorrect is when you describe Tushar as ' an excellent middle order filler'. He'll be back in the A team before long. His failure at the top level is not simply due to the fact that the selectors keep shafting him, as people claim, it's also because he isn't any where near technically equipped to handle international bowling attacks.

We also need to find a quality third seamer for our Test team as soon as possible. Rasel is a handy enough option when he only has to bowl 10 overs but he leaves us horribly exposed when it comes to the real stuff.
Tushar, though he can't possibly do much worse than most of our batting order at this point, is another glaring example of jodi laigga jay type of wishful thinking that transcend the technical limitations so aptly pointed out by Arito here.

Tapash, Dollar and even a pace-depleted, swing-enriched Talha would've been better suited to fulfill the role of a third seamer. Our selectors don't seem to get that bowling in bowler-friendly test cricket is about taking wickets over 20-40 overs, not just "containing" the oppsition with 10 oversof economical bowling in batsman-friendly ODIs.

Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhiman no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 8, 2007 at 08:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 8, 2007, 08:07 AM
amra_korbo_joy amra_korbo_joy is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 18, 2003
Location: Irvine, Ca, USA
Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim
Posts: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaz
The selectors should be praised at least for the difficult decisions of making Asraful the Captain in both the forms of the game.
........
Farooq and and the BCB chairman opposed to make Asharaful captain. But the other members of BCB insisted to make him captain. Read the old newspaper.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 8, 2007, 08:53 AM
Shafin's Avatar
Shafin Shafin is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 31, 2006
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Tushar, though he can't possibly do much worse than most of our batting order at this point, is another glaring example of jodi laigga jay type of wishful thinking that transcend the technical limitations so aptly pointed out by Arito here.

Tapash, Dollar and even a pace-depleted, swing-enriched Talha would've been better suited to fulfill the role of a third seamer. Our selectors don't seem to get that bowling in bowler-friendly test cricket is about taking wickets over 20-40 overs, not just "containing" the oppsition with 10 oversof economical bowling in batsman-friendly ODIs.

Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhima no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.
As you've pointed out technical limitations of TI,Aloks shuffling across the stumps is another glaring Technical mistake.

Both of them will get their chances,but I'd rather bet my money on Tushar than Alok.
__________________
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhiman no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.
Alok isn't Muslim? Didn't know...but then again, who gives a sh**.

If you ask that person who takes pride in being what he is, you'll soon find out that he's living somewhere in the West, among non Muslims.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 8, 2007, 09:49 AM
mali007 mali007 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim
Posts: 1,273

We should think seriously about Rakibul Hasan ( Nirala ) to strengthen our weak middle order. He will be another genious like Mushy. He has been playing in international arena for a while with under 19 , A team and academy team. He has a tripple century in his career for Barisal in NL!! Pakistan Academy coach Akib Javed was so impressed with his recent performances that he did not hesitate to recommend him for our test side at this moment. I know some of our forum members will argue that he is not ready for the test, give him two more yrs. Before WC some of we had thought that it was too early for Tamim to be there. Now see Tamim is one of our best ODI players. Look at India Ishant Sharma did not wait for long to get chance in TEST arena . Pijush Chowla at 18 is playing for India in ODI. So, we should not wait for Allah gifted genius like Rakibul for few yrs.-------- we need him right now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 8, 2007, 11:26 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
We should think seriously about Rakibul Hasan ( Nirala ) to strengthen our weak middle order. He will be another genious like Mushy. He has been playing in international arena for a while with under 19 , A team and academy team. He has a tripple century in his career for Barisal in NL!! Before WC some of we had thought that it was too early for Tamim to be there. Now see Tamim is one of our best ODI players. Look at India Ishant Sharma did not wait for long to get chance in TEST arena .
Nirala is an exciting talent. He already scored 2 centuries and 4 fifties in his 9 matches first class career at an average of 57.92. I would like to see him in international cricket soon. But this would be too early for him right now. He should play atleast 2 more years in domestic cricket and for A team. We don't afford to take the risk of ruining his career by pushing him too early.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 8, 2007, 11:28 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

And while we're at it, BCB should make a rule that no players will be even considered for a place in the national team without 30+ first class matches.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
And while we're at it, BCB should make a rule that no players will be even considered for a place in the national team without 30+ first class matches.
Good point. This should be a major step for culturing our young talents.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 8, 2007, 11:40 AM
Mahmood's Avatar
Mahmood Mahmood is offline
Administrator
Operations & Administrations
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,776

Team captain is not selected by the selectors, BCB does it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 8, 2007, 11:42 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Good point. This should be a major step for culturing our young talents.
It will filter out those "jodi laiga jay" type of players. 30+ matches will give a better indication of consistency. Only then should they be tried for international consistency.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 8, 2007, 11:43 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
Team captain is not selected by the selectors, BCB does it.
Team captain also becomes one of the selectors. That's why I think.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 8, 2007, 11:50 AM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,897

Quote:
Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhiman no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.


The true value of Ash's captaincy yet to be proved as the ODI series resumes and I am pretty confident that in these three ODI's BD would be much more competitive against the formidable opponent compared to past records. The only devil in the pan is an awkward selection surprise which make the fans justifiably limit their hopes for a success. As per Test captaincy, HB could not do anything better than the results in the book, two innings defeat and one captain's knock. Only the second one is the positive difference in this case.
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old July 8, 2007, 02:08 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhiman no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.
Sohel Bhai.. nobody cares if hes a hindu, muslim or buddho. Everyone wants to see a player who can play good.... i think you are wrong on his part.. i never seen anyone complaining him on being a hindu.. Don't know where you get this from....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old July 9, 2007, 12:16 AM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhiman no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.

This is totally wrong, Mr. NR. You don't see your player in the national team, thats why you are accusing that BC members of sectarianism. Neither the selectors nor the fans are sectarian. But I am not saying that we are not biased, but definitely that bias is not based on religion.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old July 9, 2007, 12:28 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,574

Alok is rubbish !!! Period as far as I am concerned. Even is his name was Mohammed Abdul awwal he would still be rubbish from my point of view. This is one of the few topics where I do not seee eye to eye with Sohel bhai. I also do not think anyone has reservations about Alok because of his religion.
__________________
Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldnt have messed with? Thats me.
Join http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...php?groupid=16
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old July 9, 2007, 12:45 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Well definitely Sohel bhai won't come here and say who he's talking about. That'll be inappropriate. And obviously, from whatever I've seen from his posts earlier, he's not here to make a mockery of anyone without any reason. So it's definitely coz of someone who he had some interactions with that lead him to make sucha comment. Without knowing who it is, and what it is, take his post at face value, and reply accordingly.

From previous interactions with a few members, I do feel that some people think of religion before anything else. But it's a discussion I would like to not take part in.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old July 9, 2007, 02:49 AM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Posts: 9,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Well definitely Sohel bhai won't come here and say who he's talking about. That'll be inappropriate. And obviously, from whatever I've seen from his posts earlier, he's not here to make a mockery of anyone without any reason. So it's definitely coz of someone who he had some interactions with that lead him to make sucha comment. Without knowing who it is, and what it is, take his post at face value, and reply accordingly.

From previous interactions with a few members, I do feel that some people think of religion before anything else. But it's a discussion I would like to not take part in.
ditto.
Good post Kabir bhai.
__________________
ভাই, ল্যাঞ্জা যখন বাইর হইয়াই গেছে, একটু নাড়ান না
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old July 9, 2007, 05:10 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub
Posts: 3,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Alok is rubbish !!! Period as far as I am concerned. Even is his name was Mohammed Abdul awwal he would still be rubbish from my point of view. This is one of the few topics where I do not seee eye to eye with Sohel bhai. I also do not think anyone has reservations about Alok because of his religion.
Ki hishabe apni Alokre rubbissh koilen apni bhalo janen. Jodi sujog ebong performance bichar koren jodi ALok rubbish hoy tahole current teame aro diu-tinta rubbish, goru,chagol, bolod, nordoma, nordomar kit ache. Ghoroa leage je best allrounder she jodi rubbish hoy tahole bd-team er situation ki hothe pare bd performance thekei buja jay.
__________________
GO BANGLADESH GO!!!
------------------------------
Fav.Int.Players: B Lara/viv Ricahrds/Ponting/Ambrose/W.Akram/R.Hadlee
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old July 9, 2007, 05:29 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,335

Quote:
Off topic: I guess Alok needs to convert to Islam before pleasing some of our more secterian members in this forum. One in particular, who hasn't posted in this thread, just cannot be impressed by Alok, Tapash and Dhiman no matter what they do, and takes bizarre pride in being what he is.
As far as I am concern, this comment doesn't deserve to be in this forum, unless its a pure joke or sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old July 9, 2007, 05:41 AM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 7,663

why are we bringing up alok? he seems complete rubbish and isnt successfull at both form of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old July 9, 2007, 06:07 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455
Exclamation Alok Kapali in 2007: Complete Rubbish

Three 100s and one 50 in 10 FC matches, and two 100s and one 50 in 5 List-A matches from a bangladeshi all-rounder are not good enough to call spectacular batting. Why? That's grade A "rubbish".

A bit of research always helps before shooting off at the mouth, or from some other orfice i've been told by men wiser than I. Here are the stats from his recent NCL performance, if you don't find the stats in bold ranging from very good to spectacular, especially compared to other all-rounders in the tournament, we don't share the same prejudices or PLANET for that matter: -

Alok Kapali in NCL: First Class (That's 4-day cricket BTW)

1. Sylhet V. Chittagong 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 11 from 19 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 1 for 37 (16 overs – 5 maiden – 2.31 econ).
2nd Innings Batting (following on): 35 from 121 balls.

2 catches in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267233.html

2. Sylhet V. Chittagong 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 18 from 39 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 0 for 28 (12 overs – 3 maiden – 2.33 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 40 from 76 balls.

1 catch in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267236.html

3. Sylhet V. Rajshahi 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 12 from 46 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 2 for 89 (25 overs – 4 maiden – 3.56 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 0 from 2 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 0 for 17 (6 overs – 0 – maiden – 2.83 econ).

1 catch in the match.

Rajshahi won by 7 wickets.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/269233.html

4. Sylhet V. Khulna 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 5 from 25 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 3 for 54 (23.1 overs – 3 maiden – 2.33 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: did not bat.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 37 (22 overs – 7 – maiden – 1.68 econ).

3 catches in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267240.html

5. Sylhet V. Dhaka 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 173 from 254 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 1 for 16 (7 overs – 3 maiden – 2.28 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 4 from 9 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 3 for 39 (22 overs – 7 – maiden – 1.77 econ).

Sylhet won by 90 runs.

MOM: Alok Kapali.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267243.html

6. Sylhet V. Barisal 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 29 from 53 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 0 for 34 (13 overs – 2 maiden – 2.61 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 41 from 78 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 29 (8 overs – 1 – maiden – 3.62 econ).

1 catch in the match.

Match drawn.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280722.html

7. Sylhet V. Rajshahi 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 4 from 8 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 1 for 33 (8 overs – 2 maiden – 4.12 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 8 from 14 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 0 for 17 (6 overs – 0 – maiden – 2.83 econ).

2 catches in the match.

Rajshahi won by an innings and 4 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280724.html

8. Sylhet V. Khulna 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 60 from 85 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 3 for 48 (26.4 overs – 3 maiden – 1.80 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 18 runs from 22 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 2 for 50 (21 overs – 5 – maiden – 2.38 econ).

3 catches in the match.

Sylhet won by 56 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280729.html

9. Sylhet V. Dhaka 02: -

1st Innings Batting: 41 from 63 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 2 for 121 (31.1 overs – 3 maiden – 3.88 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 104 from 174 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 30 (7 overs – 1 – maiden – 4.28 econ).

1 catch in the match.

Match drawn.

MOM: Alok Kapali.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267243.html

10. Sylhet V. Barisal 01: -

1st Innings Batting: 141 from 247 balls.
1st Innings Bowling: 3 for 185 (54.2 overs – 8 maiden – 3.40 econ).
2nd Innings Batting: 41 from 78 balls.
2nd Inning Bowling: 1 for 29 (8 overs – 1 – maiden – 3.62 econ).

Match drawn.

MOM: Raquibul Hasan Nirala, 313 NO from 609 balls, 33 boundaries, batting at # 4

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/280990.html


Alok Kapali in NCL: List - A (That's limited, often 50 overs cricket BTW)

1. Sylhet V. Chittagong: -

Batting: 16 from 36 balls.
Bowling: 1 for 9 (4 overs – 1 maiden – 2.25 econ)

2 catches in the match.

Sylhet won by 60 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267249.html

2. Sylhet V. Dhaka: -

Batting: 114 from 125 balls.

Bowling: 1 for 34 (5 overs – 0 maiden – 6.8 econ)

Sylhet won by 5 wickets.

MOM: Alok Kapali

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267251.html

3. Sylhet V. Rajshahi: -

Batting: 59 from 38 balls.

Bowling: 1 for 60 (10 overs – 0 maiden – 6.0 econ)

Rajshahi won by 79 runs.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267253.html

4. Sylhet V. Barisal: -

Batting: 101 from 77 balls.

Bowling: 1 for 60 (9 overs – 0 maiden – 6.6 econ)

1 catch in the match.

Barisal won by 4 wickets.

Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/bang...ch/267258.html

5. Sylhet V. Khulna: -

Batting: 4 from 8 balls.

Bowling: 3 for 36 (10 overs – 0 maiden – 3.6 econ)

1 catch in the match.

Sylhet won by 18 runs.

Scorecard: http://ind.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2...CLOD_04APR2007

(Pasted from another thread)
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old July 9, 2007, 06:30 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455
Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Well definitely Sohel bhai won't come here and say who he's talking about. That'll be inappropriate. And obviously, from whatever I've seen from his posts earlier, he's not here to make a mockery of anyone without any reason. So it's definitely coz of someone who he had some interactions with that lead him to make sucha comment. Without knowing who it is, and what it is, take his post at face value, and reply accordingly.

From previous interactions with a few members, I do feel that some people think of religion before anything else. But it's a discussion I would like to not take part in.
Right you are K. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt. Some of the extreme defensiveness is baffling to say the least, and I'm sure it may not be entirely the unpleasantness a term such as "sectarian" entails. However, I'm always willing to extend all the benefit of the doubt as required.

Sadly, this was not a trollish move on my part. I'm not one of those guys who levels accusations without due cause and certainty. No extrapolations here, scientific or otherwise. Our families have crossed swords since 1971 and the apple clearly hasn't fallen too far from the proverbial tree. Corruption, class violence and secterianism are social ills that have infected the thought process of many of the privileged in our society, especially during the last 20 years. Some us are trying to fight those social ills and that particular process here in Dhaka. Silence is not a part of the fight.

He knows who he is, and the fact that some of us know exactly where he's coming from.

However, I will not name names, he's probably a "young" kid who I pray will learn to deal with people on the content of their individual character and merit, and revisit 14 centuries of Islamic traditions of justice and the concept of fairness inherent therein. That said, I support his right to grow on his own. No thought-policing from this end.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 9, 2007 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket