facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old September 20, 2007, 06:16 AM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,331

The Special One quit? I don't care what anybody says the guy is the best Manger in the game and you'd be stupid not to hire him. When you can lead Porto to CL glory, then win 2 straight EPL's after winning none in the last 50 years and if his overpaid morons could kick some PK's in annfield he'd have another CL title
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old September 20, 2007, 08:36 AM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

I was just reading through reactions in the BBC messageboard and immediately this post caught my eye-

Quote:
comment by Denchanter™
posted 5 Minutes Ago
From today i'm off from Chelsea as a fan- JM brought everything meaningful to Chelsea which was nowhere 3 years ago. It is sad that the owner, Abramwhatever could be so myopic to let him go. Too bad for Chelsea-i'm off to a better club with real plans for the future!
____________________

There they go... who's next?
Chelsea fans - soon to be extinct species.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old September 20, 2007, 03:41 PM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 12, 2007
Location: Yonder
Favorite Player: Me
Posts: 2,103

this is a sad day for english football. the most colourful personality to light up the game over the last few years have departed. i am not a chelsea fan but his contribution to the premiership over the last few years can't be underestimated..
__________________
'immerse your soul in love' - thom yorke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old September 20, 2007, 05:51 PM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: AB,Canada
Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi
Posts: 8,985

Just a personal opinion, Lippi is the best coach NOT Mourinho.
__________________
ভাই, ল্যাঞ্জা যখন বাইর হইয়াই গেছে, একটু নাড়ান না
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old September 20, 2007, 06:27 PM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 12, 2007
Location: Yonder
Favorite Player: Me
Posts: 2,103

best could have many interpretations. lippi is certainly a very capable manager and one who had achieved much. jose is something of an enigmatic warhorse that would eventually run you over but you don't know when or how. in personality terms, the latter is peerless amongst his contemporaries.
__________________
'immerse your soul in love' - thom yorke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old September 21, 2007, 09:50 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I was just reading through reactions in the BBC messageboard and immediately this post caught my eye-

Chelsea fans - soon to be extinct species.
SPOT.ON ... ... ...
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old September 22, 2007, 09:38 AM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 12, 2007
Location: Yonder
Favorite Player: Me
Posts: 2,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
SPOT.ON ... ... ...
the fairweather fans would surely go back to arsenal.
__________________
'immerse your soul in love' - thom yorke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old September 22, 2007, 02:31 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
the fairweather fans would surely go back to arsenal.
Not the Spurs ??? I wonder why not ...
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old September 23, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
the fairweather fans would surely go back to arsenal.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old September 23, 2007, 01:12 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Embedded video
Excellent dig as always, Mr. Director. Here's a question from that era for the FWFs: -

__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old September 25, 2007, 09:28 PM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,331

Ronaldinho is going to Chelsea?
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old October 23, 2007, 08:37 AM
patriot's Avatar
patriot patriot is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Glasgow,UK
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan
Posts: 1,231

After the win against Middlesbrough ,the spirit in the Chelsea camp is high.Hopefully we can beat the sh*t out of Schalke considering our unbeaten record at stamford bridge.

I sense some minor threat from Kevin Kuryani and the left back Christian Pander, but the blues are professional enough to sideline these two.

My team for tomorrow :

Cech

Ferreira Carvalho Alex Bridge

Essien Mikel Lampard Malouda

Drogba Cole


2-0 To Chelsea (Malouda , Drogba )
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old November 24, 2007, 02:58 PM
patriot's Avatar
patriot patriot is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Glasgow,UK
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan
Posts: 1,231

Derby 0-2 Chelsea

Chelsea moved into fourth place in the Premier League with a comfortable win over struggling Derby County, but saw Michael Essien sent off late on.
They took the lead after 17 minutes when Salomon Kalou finished calmly from Steve Sidwell's through ball.

Chelsea wrapped up the win after 73 minutes, Shaun-Wright Phillips scoring after Frank Lampard had hit a post.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old April 23, 2008, 09:57 AM
patriot's Avatar
patriot patriot is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Glasgow,UK
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan
Posts: 1,231

Blues earn Euro edge

Chelsea enjoy a narrow away-goal edge over Liverpool in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League as John Arne Riise's injury-time own goal handed the Blues a 1-1 first-leg draw at Anfield.

Having been eliminated by the Reds on two previous occasions in the final four of Europe's premier club competition, Chelsea travelled to Merseyside hoping to earn an advantage ahead of next week's return meeting at Stamford Bridge.

And Avram Grant's side now sit in the box seat to secure their first appearance in a Champions League final as Riise's 95th minute conversion into his own net cancelled out Dirk Kuyt's first-half opener.

Kuyt, who scored the decisive penalty in Liverpool's shoot-out victory over Chelsea last season, put his side ahead on 43 minutes as the Dutchman took advantage of some lapse defending to latch on to a miss-hit effort from Javier Mascherano, to smash through the legs of Petr Cech from close range.

But then with Liverpool seemingly home and dry, Riise was unfortunate to stoop and head a low cross from substitute Salomon Kalou past goalkeeper Jose Reina to hand Chelsea what could prove to be a vital away draw.

Source : http://www.skysports.com/football/ma...981188,00.html


You will never walk alone . My A**
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old April 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

the best attacking team in the world (against minnows) coudnt make a single chance against chelsea today.

The refree again was shocking, how did ferdinand and hargreeves stay on the field after literally mollesting the referees?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old April 26, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
the best attacking team in the world (against minnows) coudnt make a single chance against chelsea today.

The refree again was shocking, how did ferdinand and hargreeves stay on the field after literally mollesting the referees?
Man Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea
Man Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal
Man Utd 1 - 0 Liverpool
Man Utd 3 - 0 Liverpool
Man Utd 2 - 0 Roma
Man Utd 1 - 0 Roma

GD with Chelsea 16. If you're saying Man Utd, who have the best record of the top 4 is only best against minnows, than any credibility of what you have to say is instantly lost.

We started with injured Rooney and Ronaldo/Tevez in the bench. I'm disappointed by the ridiculous team selection today and probably deserved to lose, but don't pull BS out of your a$$ to make it look bigger than it is. Chelsea has been grinding out results against weak teams playing boring football all season. Take your win and be happy you're still in the race.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old April 26, 2008, 09:03 AM
Omio's Avatar
Omio Omio is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 25, 2006
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me
Posts: 4,429

Bad luck for man u today, and Ronaldo shld have play from the begining.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old April 26, 2008, 09:06 AM
patriot's Avatar
patriot patriot is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Glasgow,UK
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan
Posts: 1,231

Chelsea 2 - 1 Manholeeee Utd


We deserved to win and I thought Wigan Athletic put up a better fight than these Manhole Maniacs who showed today that they can only play entertaining football and beat teams that are close to relegation.

Ballack again showed his class today and return of Essein made a huge difference in our right back.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old April 26, 2008, 09:23 AM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Man Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea
Man Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal
Man Utd 1 - 0 Liverpool
Man Utd 3 - 0 Liverpool
Man Utd 2 - 0 Roma
Man Utd 1 - 0 Roma

GD with Chelsea 16. If you're saying Man Utd, who have the best record of the top 4 is only best against minnows, than any credibility of what you have to say is instantly lost.

We started with injured Rooney and Ronaldo/Tevez in the bench. I'm disappointed by the ridiculous team selection today and probably deserved to lose, but don't pull BS out of your a$$ to make it look bigger than it is. Chelsea has been grinding out results against weak teams playing boring football all season. Take your win and be happy you're still in the race.
I think the superior goal difference comes from thrashing all the minnow teams.
And stop wining about injuries. In old trafford we went in with a new manager. No cech and terry or carvalho did not play and it stil needed intervention from the referee to make man united win. Red card, a goal after the time was up and a penalty.
And todays game man united played ****. The had one chance in the entire 60 mins that i watched.

Now you were going on about mascherano deserving the red card, do u think haargreeves and ferdinand should have gotten red for their bullying of the ref today?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old April 26, 2008, 09:50 AM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
I think the superior goal difference comes from thrashing all the minnow teams.
And stop wining about injuries. In old trafford we went in with a new manager. No cech and terry or carvalho did not play and it stil needed intervention from the referee to make man united win. Red card, a goal after the time was up and a penalty.
And todays game man united played ****. The had one chance in the entire 60 mins that i watched.

Now you were going on about mascherano deserving the red card, do u think haargreeves and ferdinand should have gotten red for their bullying of the ref today?
You say that as if thrashing minnows is a bad thing? I like how you conveniently ignored all the wins I posted, because obviously you have no response to that. I should probably add the 4-0 thrashing we gave Arsenal in the FA Cup without Ronaldo, but they are minnows too right?

United thoroughly beat Chelsea at OT. Mikel got his red card for tackling with his studs raised which could have seriously injured a player. There was no penalty until the 90th minute, by then United were winning. Don't try to justify Chelsea's loss on referee decisions.

So what if Cech was injured? We had Rooney and Scholes out too, no Neville for 13 months. It is you who is whining. I in fact expressed my disappointment at Fergie's team selection to not play a fit Tevez and Ronaldo when Rooney was injured.

Rio and Hargo got yellow cards for clashing with Chelsea players. WTH are you talking about they bullied the ref? No one bullied the ref, let alone in the manner Mascherano did. Take your blue tinted plastic fan glasses off and stop bullsh*tting.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old April 26, 2008, 01:28 PM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
You say that as if thrashing minnows is a bad thing? I like how you conveniently ignored all the wins I posted, because obviously you have no response to that. I should probably add the 4-0 thrashing we gave Arsenal in the FA Cup without Ronaldo, but they are minnows too right?

United thoroughly beat Chelsea at OT. Mikel got his red card for tackling with his studs raised which could have seriously injured a player. There was no penalty until the 90th minute, by then United were winning. Don't try to justify Chelsea's loss on referee decisions.

So what if Cech was injured? We had Rooney and Scholes out too, no Neville for 13 months. It is you who is whining. I in fact expressed my disappointment at Fergie's team selection to not play a fit Tevez and Ronaldo when Rooney was injured.

Rio and Hargo got yellow cards for clashing with Chelsea players. WTH are you talking about they bullied the ref? No one bullied the ref, let alone in the manner Mascherano did. Take your blue tinted plastic fan glasses off and stop bullsh*tting.
okay first of all i never said thrashing minnows is a bad thing. SO STOP with that. Manchester united are the best at thrashing minnows. its a proven fact and it is a good thing.

Are they the best attacking teams against big opposition in the world? no. There are better teams than them like barca. That is also a proven fact. So i donno why you are offended.

Yes united thoroughly outplayed chelsea at OT when chelsea were palying with 10 men for 50 minutes, because of a red card which at best would have been yellow. You can argue about it all you want and i can do the same. to me that was an yellow to you that was a red. The first goal at OT was scored on teh 48th minute 1 minute over the time that was stipulated. Was that not a referees decision?

I did not bring up injuries at first u were the one.

And the way harrgreeves was going at the referee at the end mollesting him, shouting at him, it was a disgrace. look from minutes 80 onwards. It was much more than mascherano did. Same goes for ferdinand. Maybe u should take ur red plastic fan glasses off and see things for what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old April 26, 2008, 02:18 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
okay first of all i never said thrashing minnows is a bad thing. SO STOP with that. Manchester united are the best at thrashing minnows. its a proven fact and it is a good thing.

Are they the best attacking teams against big opposition in the world? no. There are better teams than them like barca. That is also a proven fact. So i donno why you are offended.

Yes united thoroughly outplayed chelsea at OT when chelsea were palying with 10 men for 50 minutes, because of a red card which at best would have been yellow. You can argue about it all you want and i can do the same. to me that was an yellow to you that was a red. The first goal at OT was scored on teh 48th minute 1 minute over the time that was stipulated. Was that not a referees decision?

I did not bring up injuries at first u were the one.

And the way harrgreeves was going at the referee at the end mollesting him, shouting at him, it was a disgrace. look from minutes 80 onwards. It was much more than mascherano did. Same goes for ferdinand. Maybe u should take ur red plastic fan glasses off and see things for what it is.

When did I ever say United were the most attacking team in the world?

You're very sly and a hypocrite. You continuously suggest that United are ONLY good at bashing minnows, despite the fact United has the best record of the top 4 sides in England and identical stats with Barca in the CL. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Chelsea are a boring team to watch no matter who they play. Today they went all out for the win because it was their only chance to stay in the title race and I said nothing to suggest they didn't deserve it.

You are WRONG. The goal was scored just a few seconds after 46th minute, not 48th. You can debate the red card all you like, a tackle like that could easily end a player's career. I know when to accept defeat graciously. Chelsea lost at OT, get over it!

I did not bring injuries to say we lost because we had no one to play. Learn to f'ing read. I said it was Fergie's fault for playing an injured Rooney on his own when he had a fit Tevez and Ronaldo on the bench. Then he took off Anderson who was playing well and replaced with O'Shea. You're the one lambasting United not being attacking today, so don't get your knickers in a twist because I pointed out why they didn't.

I watched the entire game. Rio got his card for clashing with Mikel and Hargo for protesting. You are seriously blind if you thought any of them were "molesting" the ref. Mascherano got his red card for persistently bullying the ref with abusive language and jestures, it was Hargo's first offense.

I didn't even bring up how Ballack was wrestling and shoving Ronaldo away in the penalty box as soon as he came on the pitch, for which he should have gotted a card. So don't talk about me referee decisions. It's clear that you're only interested in taking pot shots about United and only talk about referee decisions when they go for and not against United. I guess you miss your favourite referee Rob Styles who got demoted to league 2.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old April 26, 2008, 03:05 PM
Special 1 Special 1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 10, 2004
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
When did I ever say United were the most attacking team in the world?

You're very sly and a hypocrite. You continuously suggest that United are ONLY good at bashing minnows, despite the fact United has the best record of the top 4 sides in England and identical stats with Barca in the CL. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Chelsea are a boring team to watch no matter who they play. Today they went all out for the win because it was their only chance to stay in the title race and I said nothing to suggest they didn't deserve it.

You are WRONG. The goal was scored just a few seconds after 46th minute, not 48th. You can debate the red card all you like, a tackle like that could easily end a player's career. I know when to accept defeat graciously. Chelsea lost at OT, get over it!

I did not bring injuries to say we lost because we had no one to play. Learn to f'ing read. I said it was Fergie's fault for playing an injured Rooney on his own when he had a fit Tevez and Ronaldo on the bench. Then he took off Anderson who was playing well and replaced with O'Shea. You're the one lambasting United not being attacking today, so don't get your knickers in a twist because I pointed out why they didn't.

I watched the entire game. Rio got his card for clashing with Mikel and Hargo for protesting. You are seriously blind if you thought any of them were "molesting" the ref. Mascherano got his red card for persistently bullying the ref with abusive language and jestures, it was Hargo's first offense.

I didn't even bring up how Ballack was wrestling and shoving Ronaldo away in the penalty box as soon as he came on the pitch, for which he should have gotted a card. So don't talk about me referee decisions. It's clear that you're only interested in taking pot shots about United and only talk about referee decisions when they go for and not against United. I guess you miss your favourite referee Rob Styles who got demoted to league 2.
Well you are the one who brought up the statistics about man united being this and that against big sides. I never sed nething about their results against top 4 sides or nething. Read my posts properly.

About the united goal at OT. again it was not a few seconds it was 50 seconds after the alloted time. They took the corner after stipulated time was over. What was that?

Please that tackle would have not ended neones career. Actually nth happened to evra, he walked out fine from the tackle.

First offence or what, you are never allowed to touch the referee, which he did.John terry had to get him off the referee. and he is not even the captain of united. Its a straight red card regardless of whether that was a first offence or not.

Anyways there is no point arguing over this. ur an united fan and i am a chelsea fan, we will never see things from a same perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old April 26, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

This is gonna be my last reply on this because I'm not gonna repeat myself again.

1. I didn't bring up United's stats until you made an unnecessary jibe at United saying they are only best against minnows, which is clearly untrue.

2. A similar tackle nearly ended Eduardo's career. The difference is, he was unfortunate. You CANNOT tackle with your studs raised. Red card is given as a deterrent to prevent players from doing it. It doesn't matter if it's not intended and doesn't injure or even hurt the player, it's the rule.

3. I don't condone any player reacting that way, but there were a lot of players around so I don't recall who touched who. It has not been even reported so who knows what you saw through those glasses. Regardless, it is not a straight red card. You just wish it was because he is a United player.

4. Now you're talking sense.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old April 26, 2008, 03:38 PM
Yameen's Avatar
Yameen Yameen is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 27, 2004
Location: Bath, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Jayasuria
Posts: 1,866

damn chelski, DAMN!! that shouldnt have been a penalty at the end, we had so many chances to score at the end that were cleared off the line..but give credit where its due, well played blues for making it into quite an exciting end to the season now..
__________________
Jamie Siddons is at slip, and decided enough is enough. He yells out. "For christ sake, it's not a 'f*ckin test match."
Waugh replies: " Of course it isn't … You're here. "
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket