facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 9, 2011, 03:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Default BPL:will we improve with a t20 league?

BCB are making all out attempt to arrange this tournament.they are saying that they want to arrange it to participate in champions league.where our players showing t20 mentality in test matches,a long league like this will make it worse for our upcoming cricketers.BCB is even thinking to reduce longer version to give proper schedule to bpl.our test status is in danger now.

what is more important for us ?our test status or champions league

Old August 9, 2011, 03:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
what is more important for us ?
BCB directors.
Old August 9, 2011, 04:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i wish our BCB development watcher travel more countries, even the countries never heard of cricket and i wish they do lots of shopping for their family with BCB money. thats more important.

next time all BCB commitee should be from present ruling party.
Old August 9, 2011, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

IPL T20 had a big part in India's rise in World Cricket in recent times (Doubters will say it also messes up your longer version playing mentality). Young players got to learn how to play under pressure under the spotlight! They played with and against top quality players from around the world. They were trained by the Worlds best coaches-specialized ones for bowling, batting, fielding etc.

A Bangladeshi style IPL or BPL will definitely benefit us. Its not always that younger guys like say Nasir Hossain gets to be in the spotlight and play under pressure in a big match with the whole country watching. Provided we can run this series regularly, bring in good coaches and foreign players we will reap benefits.
Old January 6, 2012, 09:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^Agreed 100%. To be honest, I feel that the excuse of India not doing well in Tests because of the IPl is pretty lame. Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman are all established players already and the IPL is not affecting them. Also Australia has the BBL going on but have you seen them struggle? The reason their not doing well is because of age catching on to them and the young Indian batsmen not really ready for the rigors of Test cricket.

I believe its a great oppurtunity for our players to play with so many top quality players. Having some of our youngster sharing a locker room with some of the all stars will really give them motivation and a great chance to learn. I feel our players have always had the big probllem of being able to have senior leadership when they come in to the national team but now they could have that.

Also playing against some of these great players under the spotlight will help them grow. The problem with our boys is that they do great when there is no TV camera and fans to watch their performances in domestic wricket but once they get in the spotlight for the national team, they have a tough time handling the pressure and struggle. I believe the BPL will get the players to be mentally tougher.

I'm very excited for the BPL and really do believe it will help our cricket a lot.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 7, 2012, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I think the BPL will do well to unearth talent which otherwise would not be spotted by selectors and such , and nurture them and breed the next generation. It will also give younger kids an incentive to get into cricket ^_^
Old January 8, 2012, 11:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

IPL and Big Bash are top quality international T20 tournaments.. unless we have the same quality tournament, it wont benefit us...