facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 28, 2004, 03:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Based on this year performance what action might ICC take

BD team improved but how much that I doubt. End of this year back to back series will tell, not only that they will be evaluated. Currently, even Kenyans' are playing really good and they might give more upset. ICC will reevaluate BD status soon after all these series. According to Mr. Chinaman's article and other sources, I believe ICC before told us one win in test and one series oneday win will do good enough. I think it's a very nice of ICC to give us such chances and also lessen the restrictions of proving ourselves. Do you think we can accomplish that, if we can't what should we do??

Old August 28, 2004, 04:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

SS;

You sound a "tad" pessimistic here. ICC never gave BD any target. Ehsan Mani speaks of expectation. I believe it is a fair expectation. The milestone, as mentioned, is attainable in the next one year of cricket that Bangladesh will play. In case we don't, no one is going to the electric chair. So relax. ICC can't just take away what Bangladesh already has. ICC has already invested enough time and money into BD cricket. Beyond that, the momentum that we (cricket infrastructure in BD) have built cannot be taken away. If you are asking about the worst case scenario then following is your answer:

"Bangladesh will play fewer test matches compared to what they are playing now." No tier business...And how do I know that? A little bird told me. And will I tell you who that little birdie is? The answer is "No." Just sit back and relax. Enjoy the ride (I know it is bumpy at the moment). But don't forget to cheer when we cross the important milestone soon.

cheers. - ghor_jamai

Edited on, August 28, 2004, 9:35 PM GMT, by ghor_jamai.