facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 2, 2014, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Please don't ignore Al Amin. He is the only one in this bowling unit capable of doing some damage to WI. Rest are just filling up the number s

Old September 2, 2014, 05:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Please don't ignore Al Amin. He is the only one in this bowling unit capable of doing some damage to WI. Rest are just filling up the number s
I meant to say Al Amin. Not sure why Robiul was listed twice. Hope rubel doesn't make the cut for either test. If Mushy leaves Mominul out, I'll be pissed. DS reports they are thinking of dropping Mominul. But razi said he saw him bat in the second innings and Mominul was at his usual place in the first innings. Also if Hom was to debut he'd have batted earlier in the second innings instead of just facing 13 balls. #4 is too high for Riyad so I think Mominuls place is set. Insane to even consider him being dropped but that's what Mushfiq's leadership is: brainlessly illogical.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2014, 05:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Hope for al amin but rubels 3 wickets may have got him in the XI unfortunately.
Old September 2, 2014, 06:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Hope for al amin but rubels 3 wickets may have got him in the XI unfortunately.
I think Al Amin is #1 on the depth chart which is why they didn't play him. One hopes that's also why Mominul didn't get a bat. Then again how logical is Mushy and the think tank?

If sunny was picked over Jubair Hossain due to experience, I don't see how a rookie like Hom or even Riyad could supplant Mominul and his 3 tons. Riyad also will most likely be picked as Shakib all round replacememt and bat no higher than 5. #8 would be his ideal spot. Riyad giving you 25 with bat on avg and under 40 with ball is better than Gazi's current output.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2014, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I think Al Amin is in. He had to get the rest since he's played every match on tour while Robiul and Rubel haven't played yet.

Interesting to see what we do. Are we going to play with an 8 man batting lineup? That would mean either Robiul or Rubel would miss out.Or will Hom miss out and we opt to play with 3 pacers. Anamul and Shafiul look pretty much out of the race for a spot in the XI.
Old September 2, 2014, 10:34 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

They are thinking to drop mominul? Lol.. Whats else mushy and our team managment want us see?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 2, 2014, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Dropping mominul is insane and I hope al amin is #1 but you never know, I go with robiul, al amin and taijul as the main bowlers then you play your batsmen.

I think only one of imrul/shamsur should play, tamim is back to some decent form now and neither have been impressive lately could even put anamul in for them.
Old September 2, 2014, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
They are thinking to drop mominul? Lol.. Whats else mushy and our team managment want us see?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Really Mominul has been our most consistent test batsman. They mix up the formats so easily. I would rather play Anamul at no 3 and open with Kayes (my choice) or Shamsur, rather than playing these both of them.
Old September 2, 2014, 11:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Really Mominul has been our most consistent test batsman. They mix up the formats so easily. I would rather play Anamul at no 3 and open with Kayes (my choice) or Shamsur, rather than playing these both of them.
I agree with this, anamul at 3, probably imrul to open just because having 2 openers who go after probably isn't the best idea, though I prefer shamsur over imrul.
Old September 3, 2014, 12:49 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:

Bowling O M R W Econ
Robiul Islam 12 3 51 0 4.25 (1nb)
Shafiul Islam 15 5 38 0 2.53
Rubel Hossain 25 3 90 3 3.60 (3nb, 2w)
Mahmudullah 19 6 34 1 1.78
Taijul Islam 31 8 109 3 3.51
Shuvagata Hom 17 4 48 3 2.82
Nasir Hossain 3 0 8 0 2.66
Mominul Haque 1 0 1 0 1.00
Shamsur Rahman 1 0 5 0 5.00
If you are talking who should be in the squad, bowling wise, I think this is what you go with
1) Al Amin. His ODI form has been good and he's the form player. He hasn't shown that great an average or incisiveness in his 3 tests so far. But they have been in BD pitches. Plus I thin he's gotten better since then.
2) Rubel Hossain. Yes Robiul is the incumbent in many ways but he's been woefully wayward for a while now. Rubel kept it tight and picked up 3 wickets. Plus he can actually keep the batters on the back foot and bowl a little bit of late innings reverse swing.
3) Taijul Islam. Form spinner and has had consecutive good performance on spinning tracks
4) Riyadh. Mamadou doesn't rate as a batsman any more. He had good performance in the last tour and he's been bowling fairly okay of late.
Hom, Nasir and Mominul will pick up the filler overs.
Old September 3, 2014, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Sometimes our team management might think they are too clever, and pick 3 quicks thinking the surface is better suited for them. But i doubt apart from Al Amin no other quick will give the Windies anything to think about.

I hope we only keep two quicks, and let Mahmudullah play as a bowler. That way at least the tail starts from 9 and not 8.
Old September 3, 2014, 03:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

1. False sense of security: check!

2. Dud-bhat centuries: check!

3. Toothless bowling: check!

4. Mrs. Bogura (rtd.) factor: check!

5. The Shiv factor: check!

Innings defeat looms for our stray cats. But of course I'll watch every ball anyway and hope for the best. Decent individual performances will make it worth my while despite zero probability of our underachieving posers pulling off an SJP.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 3, 2014, 04:38 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Haven't watched a single ball this series which is a first for me since i started following cricket in the 90s. If we earn a draw i will bother tuning in for the second match. Very unlikely to happen though.
Old September 3, 2014, 05:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I am having a BAD feeling about this match.....

WE might win it!!
Old September 3, 2014, 08:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

No Abul Hasan = No century o_O
Old September 3, 2014, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
If you are talking who should be in the squad, bowling wise, I think this is what you go with
1) Al Amin. His ODI form has been good and he's the form player. He hasn't shown that great an average or incisiveness in his 3 tests so far. But they have been in BD pitches. Plus I thin he's gotten better since then.
2) Rubel Hossain. Yes Robiul is the incumbent in many ways but he's been woefully wayward for a while now. Rubel kept it tight and picked up 3 wickets. Plus he can actually keep the batters on the back foot and bowl a little bit of late innings reverse swing.
3) Taijul Islam. Form spinner and has had consecutive good performance on spinning tracks
4) Riyadh. Mamadou doesn't rate as a batsman any more. He had good performance in the last tour and he's been bowling fairly okay of late.
Have to agree with this bowling lineup. Robiul bowling only 12 overs makes me think he might be struggling with his fitness. Especially considering how Rubel bowled 25 overs. We have to think about the present form of the bowlers rather than the past and fact is Robiul has been equally as poor as the pacers since his run in Zimbabwe. So form should come in to play and right now Rubel should get the nod.
Old September 3, 2014, 08:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

I don't think even Mushy would be stupid enough to consider dropping Mominul. The BCB were pissed that Mominul wasn't used more in the ODI series, imagine their reaction if he was dropped in the Test series considering he has an average of 75, Rahim wouldn't survive!

I think Robiul has to be in the team on all away Tests; his bowling average at home is a whopping 227 and away is a very respectable 30. He is a swing bowler who relies heavily on favourable conditions, if the pitch has something in it for the pacers then he has to be in.
Old September 3, 2014, 09:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
5. The Shiv factor: check!
The only thing that may be keeping the match not to be a 3 day affair.
Old September 3, 2014, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Haven't watched a single ball this series which is a first for me since i started following cricket in the 90s. If we earn a draw i will bother tuning in for the second match. Very unlikely to happen though.
lol, I know it is about the timing of the matches. Whom are you trying to kid? Diehard (Bruce Willis) fans are always diehard (Bruce Willis) fans.
Old September 3, 2014, 10:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
I don't think even Mushy would be stupid enough to consider dropping Mominul. The BCB were pissed that Mominul wasn't used more in the ODI series, imagine their reaction if he was dropped in the Test series considering he has an average of 75, Rahim wouldn't survive!

I think Robiul has to be in the team on all away Tests; his bowling average at home is a whopping 227 and away is a very respectable 30. He is a swing bowler who relies heavily on favourable conditions, if the pitch has something in it for the pacers then he has to be in.
Do you mean seam? Swing bowling is not affected by the pitch. It's movement through the air. You can use swing bowling in any condition. Also Robiul striked me more of a seam bowler than a swing bowler but that's just my view. I could be wrong.

If we're using 3 pacers then Robiul should be in the XI but if we're opting for 2 then I'd use Rubel and Al-Amin. Again I'm just worried that he bowled just 12 overs. If we want to use 2 pacers, then they have to be fit enough to bowl many overs. Otherwise his pace partner could be overburdened.

Last edited by Tiger444; September 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM..
Old September 3, 2014, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Do you seam? Swing bowling is not affected by the pitch. It's movement through the air. You can use swing bowling in any condition. Also Robiul striked me more of a seam bowler than a swing bowler but that's just my view. I could be wrong.

If we're using 3 pacers then Robiul should be in the XI but if we're opting for 2 then I'd use Rubel and Al-Amin. Again I'm just worried that he bowled just 12 overs. If we want to use 2 pacers, then they have to be fit enough to bowl many overs. Otherwise his pace partner could be overburdened.
Very good point made..last thing is we lose another pacer due to fitness issue..hope proper selection will be made. Any newspaper, media or source update who will be the final eleven?
Old September 3, 2014, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
As usual always like Razabda's analysis and witty posts...hope our captain and selectors follows it..
Old September 3, 2014, 11:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yeah I realise I wasn't clear in my statement. I think he is predominately a swing bowler particularly with the new ball. As the ball gets older he then switches to back of a length relying on seam and if conditions allow he may try and get reverse swing.
I think in Zimbabwe he got most of his wickets with the new ball via swing.
What I meant was if there is moisture in the air and overcast conditions then it would aid his swing bowling, and if the pitch was a fast one and had good bounce then that would aid general fast bowling (seam, bouncers etc). I think Robiul struggles in Bangladesh when he struggles to get swing (maybe due to his skill inconsistency, or weather conditions don't help) and when he switches to general pace bowling the pitches are unhelpful as they are generally slow with no bounce. I could be wrong though, I'm certainly not an expert on the subject.
Old September 3, 2014, 12:15 PM
Cricket Sage

In Zimbabwe conditions were ripe for swing. Robiul was moving the ball, new and old. He may have been getting seam movement as well. He was unplayable that series and that's a feat considering how well Zimbabwean batsmen resisted SA's attack recently. Even Keegen Meth was swinging it a mile and a half.

At home, there is very little swing thus Robiul becomes harmless. Even Trent Boult got very little swing and was mostly ineffective.

Rubel took 3-90 against club level bats with the exception of Shiv. Picking him in the test side would be a terrible idea. He doesn't even have consistent pace anymore. I'd rather have Shafiul over him. Heck I'd get Tapash out of retirement before picking the no ball extrordonaire.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 3, 2014, 02:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Kingston is pretty decent for the spinners... unless they surface is changed.

To me, the chances of Elias taking a wicket is higher than Rubel or even Robiul and on the upside, Elias will go for less than both Rubel or Robiul combined. I wouldnt have my expectation high on either Taijul or Riyad as one of them is very inexperienced and the other one until recently is used to bowling short spells and is definitely not a key bowler.

My side going in would be,

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Mushy
Nasir
Hom
Riyad
Sunny
Taijul
Al Amin
Robiul

Even than, we dont have enough to take 20 wickets but anything less and it will be 5 day long buffet for them. I also believe that adding Shamsur or Imrul as the 8th batsman wont be the difference between getting bundled out for 250 and declaring 500/7. I would keep away Imrul who looks shaky and an early departure always creates an extra pressure for the rest. Same goes for gifting wickets early on the innings! Bring Riyad as late as possible. He is better off in the end. Also let Hom come out late too as he is bound to have nerves. Although with his scoring fluency, if comes out in a comfy situation, will definitely pile up a quick 30-40 with ease