facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old August 26, 2007, 03:17 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta
Default Season Thread- La Liga (Spanish Football League)- 2007-2008

La Liga Season started today. Defending champion Real Madrid bounced back from an early goal by Atletico Madrid to win its season opener Saturday, 2-1.Sevilla scored four second-half goals in a 4-1 win over Getafe, and Real Murcia edged Real Zaragoza 2-1.

August 26 Schedule:
19:00 Athletic Bilbao ? - ? Osasuna
19:00 Deportivo La Coruna ? - ? Almeria
19:00 Mallorca ? - ? Levante
19:00 Racing Santander ? - ? Barcelona
19:00 Recreativo Huelva ? - ? Real Betis
21:00 Espanyol ? - ? Valladolid
21:00 Valencia ? - ? Villarreal

Old August 26, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

what are the odds on madrid winning again?
Old August 26, 2007, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
what are the odds on madrid winning again?
Odds are very low this year IMO. Barcelona/Sevilla/Valencia - this year.
Old August 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru

August 26
FT Athletic Bilbao 0 - 0 Osasuna
FT Deportivo La Coruna 0 - 3 Almeria
FT Mallorca 3 - 0 Levante
FT Racing Santander 0 - 0 Barcelona
FT Recreativo Huelva 1 - 1 Real Betis
FT Espanyol 0 - 1 Valladolid
FT Valencia 0 - 3 Villarreal
Old August 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Yes Real Madrid won yday watched the second half if it, we played well and deserved the victory I felt, Sneijder played rly well and wat a great time to score ur first goal(the winner). Well Barcelona drawed today against Racing Santander, not looking well for the first game but I know the next game they are gonna score like 3-0 or 4-0. I am a Real Madrid supporter BTW. HALA MADRID!!!!!!!
Old August 26, 2007, 07:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubel_18
Yes Real Madrid won yday watched the second half if it, we played well and deserved the victory I felt, Sneijder played rly well and wat a great time to score ur first goal(the winner). Well Barcelona drawed today against Racing Santander, not looking well for the first game but I know the next game they are gonna score like 3-0 or 4-0. I am a Real Madrid supporter BTW. HALA MADRID!!!!!!!
you played for real madrid?
Old August 26, 2007, 08:28 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Chhi chii.. Madrid ke HALA bole dake.. e ki rokom supporter!
Old August 27, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Chhi chii.. Madrid ke HALA bole dake.. e ki rokom supporter!
It is Spanish bhaiya...lol
Old August 27, 2007, 10:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
It is Spanish bhaiya...lol
Hatebreed spanish? I did not know. Ola Hatebreed.
Old August 27, 2007, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I meant Hala is a Spanish word, not that Hatebreed is Spanish...lol
Old August 27, 2007, 04:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful*Tamim*Mashrafee

No not madrid again! Barca all the way.....Vamos Barcelona!!!!!
Old August 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina
No not madrid again! Barca all the way.....Vamos Barcelona!!!!!
yup same here i am with barcelona they rock but not as much as inter milan any ways good luck to all the teams in the spanish league specially barca lol
Old August 27, 2007, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
yup same here i am with barcelona they rock but not as much as inter milan any ways good luck to all the teams in the spanish league specially barca lol
you mean AC Milan
Old August 27, 2007, 05:37 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Quote:
I meant Hala is a Spanish word, not that Hatebreed is Spanish...lol
Old August 28, 2007, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Sevilla's Puerta Dies

This is a very sad day man. Antonio Puerta of Sevilla died, he was a gud player and he died at such a young age. Well this just shows that death can come to u anytime. RIP Puerta and my best wishes go to Sevilla and his family.

Last edited by rubel_18; September 7, 2007 at 06:23 PM..
Old August 28, 2007, 01:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Barcelona ATW ... Real Madrid was historically supported by Franco and his Fascist regime BTW.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Barcelona ATW ... Real Madrid was historically supported by Franco and his Fascist regime BTW.
Look just cos sum fascist supported them doesnt mean u cant support them. Wat abt those [] Barcelona fans hu dont think of themselves being Spanish they say Catalunya is like another country and not part of Spain, these sort of ppl piss me off.

Last edited by rubel_18; August 28, 2007 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old August 28, 2007, 03:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo

you mean good luck to all teams BUT madrid
Old August 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
you mean good luck to all teams BUT madrid
yeah lol best of luck to all the spanish team accept real madrid lol.
Old August 29, 2007, 12:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Look just cos sum fascist supported them doesnt mean u cant support them. Wat abt those [] Barcelona fans hu dont think of themselves being Spanish they say Catalunya is like another country and not part of Spain, these sort of ppl piss me off.
Bro, don't get me wrong. Robinho is my favorite soccer player, and I think Casillas is the best GK in the world.

But ...

The Spanish Civil War and Fascism was a very big deal that continues to influence Spain even to this day, La Liga is not excluded from the influence.

Quote:
The Spanish Civil War was a major conflict in Spain that started after an attempted coup d'état committed by parts of the army against the government of the Second Spanish Republic. The Civil War devastated Spain from July 17, 1936 to April 1, 1939, ending with the victory of the rebels and the founding of a dictatorship led by the Nationalist General Francisco Franco. The supporters of the Republic, or Republicans (republicanos), gained the support of the Soviet Union and Mexico; while the followers of the Rebellion, also called Nationalists (nacionales), received the support of the major European Axis powers of Italy and Germany. The United States remained officially neutral, but sold airplanes to the Republic and gasoline to the Francisco Franco regime.

Wikipedia link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_civil_war
Please feel free to explore the link and have a clear idea why it remains such a big deal.

Catalan is a different language from Castilian Spanish, as Bangla is different from Urdu, with all the cultural differences that follow. The multicultural elements of Republican Spain, which included other nationalities such as the Basque, had little trouble getting along with one another until the Spanish Republic and its Democratic institutions were brutally destroyed by Franco's Fascists and their Nazi allies, and Castillian dominance was enforced over all. During which time, Real Madrid was directly sponsored by Franco. Castilians who secretly supported democracy and multiculturalism, supported Atletico, their Basque allies supported Bilbao, Andalucians Sevilla, and Catalans supported Barcelona. Imagine if the Pakistani generals won in 1971 and brutally forced Urdu and Punjabi culture on us, sponsored Rohmotgonj Muslim Friends Society with money and power, and then assess Catalan and Basque sentiments and their relationship with Real Madrid and other "Real" outfits in La Liga.

Here's a couple of links you may wish to explore: -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_language
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 29, 2007 at 12:49 PM..
Old August 29, 2007, 05:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Thanks SNR bhaiya for clearing up that whole issue...........
Anyways I don't think that those political issues should have an influence on what team you support in today's time. Don't support Barcelona just because you agree with their Catalan pride. And don't stop supporting Real Madrid just because Franco used to support them. Judge them on their game not on everything else.
Old August 29, 2007, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks SNR bhaiya for clearing up that whole issue...........
Anyways I don't think that those political issues should have an influence on what team you support in today's time. Don't support Barcelona just because you agree with their Catalan pride. And don't stop supporting Real Madrid just because Franco used to support them. Judge them on their game not on everything else.
Thats it bro/sis exactly wat I was thinkin, I just rly like the way Real Msdrid play their football and I have been supporting them for a vry long time which is why I support them. The info was vry useful though from Sohel NR bhai, thanx a lot.
Old August 30, 2007, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Puerta laid to rest
Afp, Seville

Thousands of football fans gathered at Sevilla's stadium Wednesday to pay their last respects to defender Antonio Puerta, who died three days after suffering a heart attack during the club's opening match of the Spanish league on Saturday.

The body of the 22-year-old, who made his national team debut last season, was moved to the Sanchez Pizjuan stadium from the hospital where he died on Tuesday as supporters chanted: "Puerta, friend, Seville is with you".

Puerta was then cremated at a cemetery in Seville in southwestern Spain at 2pm (1200 GMT), reporters said at the scene.

Fans from both Sevilla and its cross-town rivals Real Betis left football scarves, candles and dozens of flower arrangements at the stadium while long lines formed to file past the player's coffin, which was draped in Sevilla's centenary flag.

At the coffin's side were the recent trophies which Puerta helped the club win, including last season's UEFA Cup.

Also mourning in Seville were Real Madrid chairman Ramon Calderon, who headed the club's delegation to Wednesday's ceremony alongside sporting director Pedja Mijatovic and top stars Raul and Guti.

Others present from the league champions were former Seville stars Sergio Ramos, Javier Saviola and Brazilian Julio Baptista.

The Sevilla squad went directly to the stadium after rushing back from Athens where they had been set to play a Champions League return leg against AEK Athens on Tuesday night.

UEFA postponed the encounter.

Accompanied by Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido and the club's coach Juande Ramos, the squad was greeted with applause on their arrival by some 20,000 supporters with cries of "Sevilla! Sevilla! Sevilla!".

The player's family, including his girlfirend Mar, who is seven months pregnant, held a silent vigil by the coffin.

The Champions League match has now been scheduled for Monday although the UEFA Cup champions' Super Cup match against Champions League winners AC Milan, scheduled for Friday, has been maintained.

Spain's sports newspapers also paid homage to Puerta.

"Antonio Puerta, the injustice of dying at the age of 22. Why?" wrote sports daily Marca in its headline while daily newspaper La Razon said: "The heart of football has stopped."

In an editorial, top-selling daily newspaper El Pais said Puerta's death had touched the public and "raised questions about the demands of professional sports."

Sevilla has scheduled four "high level" matches in just nine days, it said.

Puerta, who reportedly sparked interest from English Premiership sides Arsenal and Manchester United earlier this year, collapsed after half an hour of Sevilla's 4-1 win over Getafe.

He was able to walk to the dressing rooms where he collapsed a second time before being taken to hospital where he remained hooked up to a life support machine until he died.

Clubs continued to express their bewilderment, meanwhile, at what had happened.

Angel Torres, chairman of last weekend's rivals Getafe, said Puerta's death "is a blow for football and for sport," adding the pain of the affair was made all the harder as his own club was playing Sevilla when the player collapsed.

Torres spoke of the "immense grief" felt by Spain's sporting community and offered condolences to Puerta's family.

Spanish media quoted Liverpool's Spanish star Fernando Torres as saying on his website that: "Puerta's death leaves a vacuum which is impossible to fill. May he rest in peace." source
Old August 30, 2007, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I was watching the game live when he collapsed on GOLTV. Very sad. He walked up and went inside only to have another cardiac arrest later..
Old August 31, 2007, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

La Liga Week 2 Fixtures - Saturday 1st September
22:00 Levante ? - ? Real Murcia
22:00 Zaragoza ? - ? Racing Santander

Sunday 2nd September
19:00 Almeria ? - ? Valencia
19:00 Barcelona ? - ? Athletic Bilbao
19:00 Getafe ? - ? Recreativo Huelva
19:00 Real Betis ? - ? Espanyol
19:00 Valladolid ? - ? Deportivo La Coruna
21:00 Atletico Madrid ? - ? Mallorca
21:00 Villarreal ? - ? Real Madrid

BTW RIP Puerta

Come on Real Madrid, they have got a vry hard game against Villareal hu beat Valencia 3-0 last weekend so I fink it mite be a draw or loss for Madrid, Real Madrid usually lose or draw against them away