facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old November 19, 2007, 09:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

anyone wanna play? just add me at greattonoy@yahoo.com. see ya there.

Old November 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
anyone wanna play? just add me at greattonoy@yahoo.com. see ya there.
I used to follow the book "Gary Kasparov" - was a regular player in yahoo about 5 years. May be a good time to restart.
My favourite opening : English opening.
Old November 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I haven't played any ELO rated player.

I think i can play decent chess. I was my college chess-champ for 2 years (2nd yr & Final yr - didn't play the first year, won the second year, finished a heart-breaking and tearful joint runner up in the third year and reclaimed the championship in the final year).

I tried on Yahoo too - didn't know how it worked and before i could make a move, had already lost 5-10 games. Didn't know someone had set to 1-2 seconds per move or something. Anyways, finished with 1500+ but lost interest.

The only memorable match i won was when my American manager hosted a party at his house. Somehow chess came up and i was discussing how my first tournament as a kid was a disaster - i got 'trick-mated' in 3 moves. At that point, a colleague threw in a challenge that 'there is no way one can be mated in 3 moves'. He actually bet his whole 'wallet' (and for once, it had cash/credit-card and everything). I still remember his face when in front of the whole crowd, he was shown how one can be mated in 3 moves. He sheepishly grabbed his wallet away, almost embarassed and we had a hearty laugh for days to come by.

At that point, another colleague offered to play a game. I was in no mood to spoil my party by getting absorbed in chess. So i said "i only play if there are good bets, like 200$+". People around him exhorted him until he came up from $10 bet to $50. He duly lost his security deposit and that was my first game in last 4 years.
Old November 19, 2007, 10:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

OneWorld and DJ. Care to post your yahoo id? So if anyone want to play then they can play with you guys. Both of you sound like decent players.
Old November 20, 2007, 12:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
I tried on Yahoo too - didn't know how it worked and before i could make a move, had already lost 5-10 games. Didn't know someone had set to 1-2 seconds per move or something. Anyways, finished with 1500+ but lost interest.
You can play in yahoo with time restriction or without it. You will have to set the time when you make a board yourself or join the board with time restriction to your liking. But on a yahoo messenger chess its lots more hassle free. You basically have a chatting environment with a chess board. Its lot more personal and lot more fun. But i agree with you, its very annoying in yahoo to play 1 to 3 miniute games with 1-5 second time increment everytime you move. Not to mention that i suck in rapid chess.

BTW, i had two very close fought games with tonoy. Attacking player. Fun to talk to. Next time i play him i will post the moves.
Old November 20, 2007, 08:11 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruTM
You can play in yahoo with time restriction or without it. You will have to set the time when you make a board yourself or join the board with time restriction to your liking. But on a yahoo messenger chess its lots more hassle free. You basically have a chatting environment with a chess board. Its lot more personal and lot more fun. But i agree with you, its very annoying in yahoo to play 1 to 3 miniute games with 1-5 second time increment everytime you move. Not to mention that i suck in rapid chess.

BTW, i had two very close fought games with tonoy. Attacking player. Fun to talk to. Next time i play him i will post the moves.
thanks for the compliment, but you were too good. You've countered everything I attacked with.
Old December 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I've created a table in yahoo chess in Alligator Tunnel with mohiul721 yahoo id. Anyone interested to play now can join my board. Waiting eagerly, please come on now
Old January 18, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

one of the great mind in chess just died...

Chess genius Bobby Fischer, from American hero to paranoid fugitive

REYKJAVIK (AFP) - Bobby Fischer, who died on Thursday aged 64, was a high school dropout who may have been the greatest chess player of all time, but ended his life in eccentric seclusion.The US-born player had lived for the last two years in Iceland, after serving eight months behind bars in Japan in a new twist to a life that had gone downhill ever since his moment of glory at age 29.

Rest

3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

DId anybody try act of learning? Last time I played a chess game on pc was Cyrus on a 486, about 10 years ago.