facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 21, 2009, 03:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
well, Allah knows best...I don't...

even though plenty of excellent practicing muslims exist on this forum,(All thanks to Allah) some people who feel annoyed by the "remembrance" will continuously attack me from 360 degrees whenever they get the chance by any means necessary(mostly indirectly) But I will remain intact, keep my cool and Allah will answer for me if he thinks I am doing my job, otherwise I FAIL, simple as that!!!!
Not to start a spin...

But, if Allah gets credit for the existence of "practicing Muslims" - does he get the blame for "non-practicing Muslims"?

I am not trying to attack you, just trying to have an open discussion if you are willing (or rather, if Allah willing).

Old July 21, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
otherwise I FAIL, simple as that!!!!
Dubba maira eto khushi ami ajporjonto kaure dekhi nai...lol
Old July 21, 2009, 05:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Not to start a spin...

But, if Allah gets credit for the existence of "practicing Muslims" - does he get the blame for "non-practicing Muslims"?

I am not trying to attack you, just trying to have an open discussion if you are willing (or rather, if Allah willing).
i am sorry, i failed to make my intent clear, I always thank Allah for all the positives i can find in my life and beyond...to me personally, finding practicing muslims is always a plus, hence i thank Allah almighty...
Old July 21, 2009, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Private online forums are dictatorship. They don't have to tell you who they banned or why they banned or what msg gets deleted or why msg gets deleted. Taking your real-life "democratic" understanding and "freedom of speech" doesn't apply or work on online forums.

I was a moderator of an online forum (20k + members) for several years. It was the most thankless, non-paying job I ever had. Members seems to have the illusion that they have the "right" or "FOP" and some idiot went as far as threatening to call his lawyer because I was "restricting" his "freedom of speech".

Point being, people online are dicks - unlike their real-life alter-ego. So mods sometimes have to be a dick to deal with them. They don't even have to tell you why they are being a dick. The sooner you understand it, the easier it will be for you to deal with it.
Blah,
The forum leaders don’t have to comply with member’s demand or requests.It is up to them.

However, as you mentioned that you were not happy with your involvement in other forum due to some incidents, and eventually you have left that forum; one could only imagine what would have happened if everyone was dissatisfied like you and had left that forum.

In any service, it is important that you maintain a good standard (fair) of service, whether it’s democratic or autocratic is secondary. Because an organisation will not survive without its service users. If you want to make progress and expand, it is important that your service users are happy. The only way you can achieve it if you have fair and rational policy/rules in place and you apply them promptly. The “dick” head attitude will not take any individual or an organisation further to its potential.

I hope your assumption is wrong in BC’s case.
Old July 21, 2009, 06:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace
Blah,
The forum leaders don’t have to comply with member’s demand or requests.It is up to them.

However, as you mentioned that you were not happy with your involvement in other forum due to some incidents, and eventually you have left that forum; one could only imagine what would have happened if everyone was dissatisfied like you and had left that forum.
I didn't say I was dissatisfied with the forum and left. I said forum moderation job was a thankless job. Even though I am not a moderator in that forum anymore, I am very much involved in that forum.

Quote:
In any service, it is important that you maintain a good standard (fair) of service, whether it’s democratic or autocratic is secondary. Because an organisation will not survive without its service users. If you want to make progress and expand, it is important that your service users are happy. The only way you can achieve it if you have fair and rational policy/rules in place and you apply them promptly. The “dick” head attitude will not take any individual or an organisation further to its potential.

I hope your assumption is wrong in BC’s case.
To the best of my knowledge BC is not a business, an organization or a service provider. The forum started and exist because of the passion of few individuals. They do need to be rational when moderating the forum but they don't have to be "fair".

Fairness is arbitrary.
Old July 21, 2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge BC is not a business, an organization or a service provider. The forum started and exist because of the passion of few individuals. They do need to be rational when moderating the forum but they don't have to be "fair".

Fairness is arbitrary.
So, how would you satisfy yourself if you spend, let’s say 4-5 years in a forum writing hundreds of pages of posts and threads, and then get banned for unreasonableness?
Old July 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
So, how would you satisfy yourself if you spend, let’s say 4-5 years in a forum writing hundreds of pages of posts and threads, and then get banned for unreasonableness?
1) How often does that happen?

2) You must have done something really messed up to get banned after being a member for 4-5 years. It is very unlikely that they will ban a long-term member without good reasons. I did say they don't have to be fair, but I didn't say they have to be idiot.

3) You will live. Trust me. The world will move on and 6 months from now, you will forget about it and something more important will come to your life.

or.. you can always create another account and not make the same mistake.
Old July 21, 2009, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
or.. you can always create another account and not make the same mistake.
I happen to find unintentional coincidences utterly humorous.

Or was it intentional? Oh the suspense...
Old July 21, 2009, 06:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

Oh, but it was intentional...
Old July 21, 2009, 07:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
i am sorry, i failed to make my intent clear,
No need to apologize. I was just trying to be a smartass. I am sorry.
Old July 21, 2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

Asif,
you win, as always.
Old July 23, 2009, 02:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

this thread has gone to diff places now....i dont even know where to begin....too much juice...not enuf squeezing.
Old July 23, 2009, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Discussion is there. Any..................?
Old July 23, 2009, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@Blah - good one. Beamer you have to admit he got you there!

we aren't quite the bible-belt living, snake-bite taking rubes that would fall for the whole Cohen shtick you are peddling but hey, who am I to judge ... Carry on mon ami ... just don't cross that greyish line ...
No, he didn't. Billah put it on a platter for him. Even a fish brain will take that opportunity.