facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 7, 2012, 04:41 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Love some of the hairdos....
Dewan sabbir's got a pineapple cut, i had that too a couple years back !!
To add to that, D. Sabbir is no way 18/19. More likely 22/23 and Taposh's long lost brother

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Old August 7, 2012, 04:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
To add to that, D. Sabbir is no way 18/19. More likely 22/23 and Taposh's long lost brother

When I go to Bangladesh I will shed couple of years off my D.O.B

36 is better than 38
Old August 8, 2012, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Anarosh cut...good good...taile anaosh marka bowl introduce korleo luv ase...Sir Ash gave double drop bowl and wicket taking scope shot...Anarosh mia r ki jadu ase shuni?
Old August 9, 2012, 02:56 AM
Street Cricketer

good thread all the best bangladesh check bangladesh schedule of matches in U19 world cup here Bangladesh U19 World Cup Schedule
Old August 9, 2012, 11:38 AM

Five U-19 performers to watch

Quote:
Anamul Haque
Batsman, Bangladesh
Since he was only assigned to carry drinks during the senior team's Asia Cup campaign, Anamul Haque used the free time to think up witty newspaper headlines. When Bangladesh neared Pakistan's total in the first match, he decided that one of those headlines could be a play on his nickname, Bijoy (which means victory in Bangla). Apart from his wit, the age-group coaches admire Haque for his calmness, as much as for his run-making abilities.
Though it was assumed that he had crossed the age-group stage of his career after making the senior team for the Twenty20 tri-series in Zimbabwe in June, Anamul was hurriedly made the captain for the World Cup after the junior team failed to progress from the group stages in their Asia Cup campaign. This may be a backward step for the youngster, but the BCB wanted to put the progress he has made as a cricketer to what they believe is good use.

Having spent much of his childhood at the renowned BKSP school, Anamul got his first break when he was selected for an Under-16 tour to India. Subsequently, he quickly made a mark in the 50-overs Dhaka Premier League, but the form wasn't converted into first-class runs. An ordinary 2010 U-19s World Cup campaign could have stalled his career, but two eye-catching centuries in the 2010-11 National Cricket League (the domestic first-class competition) put him right back in the game. In the 2011-12 season, he finished as the NCL's top run-scorer.

Anamul would want emulate one of his predecessors - Mushfiqur Rahim - and avoid the fate of many of the others who had captained Bangladesh U-19s: Al Shahriar, Hannan Sarkar and Nafees Iqbal were promising cricketers who had short international careers. Suhrawadi Shuvo hasn't shown the skills required to remain at the top level, while Mahmudul Hasan hasn't broken through. Ashiqur Rahman, the medium-pacer who led in the 2004 edition at home, has quit the game altogether. Anamul, though, is considered to be smart enough to avoid the pitfalls and take advantage of being called upon to head the team.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-unde...ry/576637.html
Old August 9, 2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
32 - The number of matches won by Bangladesh in U-19 World Cups. Only Australia, Pakistan and India have won more matches. Bangladesh's win-loss ratio of 2.66 is next only to those of Australia and Pakistan.
Quote:
22 - The record tally for wickets in an U-19 World Cup. Bangladesh's Enamul Haque jnr took 22, at home, in the 2004 edition. Enamul's 22 wickets came at an average of 10.18 runs per wicket, and included one five-wicket and two four-wicket hauls.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-unde...ry/576513.html
Old August 9, 2012, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

At this level bangladesh are definitely one of the top sides. They are south africa; always choking.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 9, 2012, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Atleast he is holding trophi. That means something. Two high lighted team
Old August 9, 2012, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Pak captain babar azam played last 2 wc and still he is 16, wow
Old August 9, 2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Pak captain babar azam played last 2 wc and still he is 16, wow
Quote:
Current age 17 years 299 days
this is his current age. he played the LAST WC (201o) and now in 2012
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-unde...er/348144.html
Old August 12, 2012, 04:14 AM

So one win and one lose but the NRR is very bad after losing bad against SA.

SO to qualify for the next game. Just hope SA beat SL and we win against Namibia. However if SL win against SA and beat Namibia then we have to beat Namibia by a big mirgin as NRR will come to the equation.

for the next game, i would love to see 3 seamers. There is no point going all out spin attack thinking opposition r weak against spin but our spinners are no quality at all

My XI:
1)S.Sarkar
2) Liton
3) Anam
4) Asif
5) Mosaddek
6) Al Amin
7)Noor
8) Taskin
9) Abu Jayed/Dewan Shabbir (in palace of Sohan)
10) Abu Hayder (In palace of one of the SLA...i don't see any freaking point of playing both)
11) Nasum/Nayeem

Since the game is against Namibia, we dont need long batting line up. Plus Abu Jayed and Abu Hayder both deserves a chance to play so try them out against Namibia and see how they fair. Whoever gets spanked should be drop for the quarter final game(yes, i'm optimistic about reaching quarter finals )

In the quarter final we can drop one seamer and bring in Salman Hossain as against quality side our batting needs to be long...
Old August 12, 2012, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Very interesting article on South Africa Under 19's preparation for the tournament-http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-under19-world-cup-2012/content/story/576678.html

This is what produced guys like Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq etc. McIness, De Winter played a similar role where they held intense 2-3 month sessions. McIness in particular had a very rigid disciplinarian approach. We need this approach if we want our under 19 team to succeed, and if we are to produce better players from age group cricket.
Old August 13, 2012, 01:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I don't have much faith in LKD, but I hope SoSa comes up with a quick 30+ if not a solid 50 against a real team (Namibia doesn't count). I too think we should go in with 3 quicks and our bench players for the final group game provided SA beats SL.

My XI:

1) Soumya
2) Salman (if he flops, bring LKD back for the QF game)
3) Anam
4) Asif
5) Mosaddek
6) Al-Amin
7) Nurul
8) Dewan
9) Noor (or Nasum, Naeem)
10) Abu Haider
11) Taskin

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 13, 2012, 02:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Tough to pick one of noor, nasum and naeem as they've all done pretty well, expected more from sarkar, he really needs to find some runs.
Old August 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Looking at the averages of our U19 boys, I'm pretty disappointed. Only Anamul has an average above a 30. Al-Amin and Asif are the only ones that are even close to averaging a 30. That's definitely worrying. We really need some batting talents coming through to increase the competition.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 15, 2012, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

tasamul and s.sarker are the younger batting talents to look to, outside of anamuil, mominul and asif, the other batting prospects are a bit older i.e. shuvagata, farhad hossain etc. but yes definitely need more talent coming through.
Old August 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Looking at the averages of our U19 boys, I'm pretty disappointed. Only Anamul has an average above a 30. Al-Amin and Asif are the only ones that are even close to averaging a 30. That's definitely worrying. We really need some batting talents coming through to increase the competition.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Mossadek had an avg of 50+ before this WC began
Old August 26, 2012, 04:30 AM