facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2011, 04:17 AM
Street Cricketer

I have seen nafees's fielding yesterday in Mirpur, he was totally unfit. Mgt should not pick him in the squad.

Old March 20, 2011, 04:44 AM
Banned

Why only blame Kamal lotus and siddions? Shakib is also part of the selection process.
Old March 20, 2011, 04:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirsho
I have seen nafees's fielding yesterday in Mirpur, he was totally unfit. Mgt should not pick him in the squad.
He shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Last edited by amar11432; March 20, 2011 at 04:53 AM..
Old March 20, 2011, 05:42 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
well i loved ur answers but Jahurul is also a TOP order batsmen. he has always opened the batting in domestics.
and he does keeping occasionally. only after getting a call in national team he started to do it more regularly as he realized adding an extra dimension can boost his selection chance. i am still not sure about his keeping qualities
domestic nayem also scored a hundred.can you really rely on domestic stats of bangladesh? and even if you want,jahiruls last domestic season was not that great.
Old March 20, 2011, 05:47 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hassan

Quote:
thats why he wasnt selected for the first few matches.and fans and media were asking for his selection. thats y he got selected.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim/Mashrafi/Mahmudulla

মাশরাফিকে স্মরণ করছেন কর্মকর্তারা
স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম

ঢাকা: মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা বিশ্বকাপ দল থেকে বাদ পড়ার পর কেঁদে ছিলেন। একদিন আক্ষেপ করে বলেছিলেন ‘আমার জীবনের সব চেয়ে বড় দুঃখ দেশের মাটিতে বিশ্বকাপ খেলতে না পারা’।

বাংলাদেশের বিশ্বকাপ অভিযান শেষ হওয়ার এক ঘণ্টা পর ক্রিকেট বোর্ড কর্মকর্তাদের উপলব্ধি হয়েছে মাশরাফির বিশ্বকাপ দলে না থাকায় বড় ক্ষতি হয়ে গেছে। বিসিবি পরিচালক দেওয়ান শফিউল আরেফিন শনিবার বাংলানিউজকে বলেন, “সাকিব আল হাসান এবং জেমি সিডন্সের আপত্তির মুখে ১৫ সদস্যের দলে নেওয়া সম্ভব হয়নি মাশরাফিকে।”

অনেক ক্ষোভ জমে আছে কর্মকর্তাদের মনে। বিশ্বকাপের খেলা চলতে থাকায় এতদিন বিষয়টিকে চেপে রেখেছেন প্রত্যেকে। তারা এখন মুখ খুলতে শুরু করেছেন। ধীরে ধীরে হয়তো আরো অনেক গোপন তথ্যই বেরিয়ে আসবে।
Old March 20, 2011, 06:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

there was a stand off between memebers of the board and the selectors regarding a few selection issues-blame rafiqul alam more than anything for the dodgy selections-Kapali should have been there forash (kapali scored 150 odd just the other day as well) and mashrafe should have been included in the 15 so he could play at a later date. In fact shakib had wanted mashrafe there instead of ashraful but the selectors continued with their love affair of ashraful.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

I have a lot of questions brother............. but dont feel to ask.........whats the point???
Bangladesh Cricket is so dumb, so stupid, so unpatriotic, so whimsical, so spiritless, ....I felt insulted in front of my indian and srilankan friends in NY. Mr. Sakib, I dont know about you, but it made me cry.
Old March 20, 2011, 08:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Mash was not wanted in the team, his so-called injury came as an excuse. He was definitely fit enough to take part in the world cup. He played an important league match for Abahoni two weeks before the start of the world cup. He bowled his full quota with full run up, took two very good catches and fielded for the whole time. He was pretty honest about his own eveluation of his fitness that he needed some time to get the right rythm. Practice matches against Canada and Pakistan could have given that.

Another fact also indicates that Mash was not wanted in the team. Clearly the team management took Nazmul just as a puppet player, he did not fare in the plan of playing actual matches. In that case, they should have kept Mash in the squad in the first place. If he were not fit, they could easily replace him. This was the case with Hussey.

Mashrafe's past history of injury was also used against him. I have seen many people in terming him as 'pongu' without even thinking about the correct status of his injury. Pace bowling is no easy deal and you can not fake fitness. Mash was fit enough to bowl his full quota in the Abahoni-Mohameddan match.

Mash's presence could improve the bowling department; but the way our batsmen performed, the overall result would not probably have big difference. The team management expected us to proceed to the QF without him and Mash could find it really hard to get into the team even after the world cup, especially if Siddons were staying. Sadly, WI losing to England did not let it happen.
Top post Baundule.
Old March 20, 2011, 08:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
you may add another sentence in point 3. Why does shakib bowl at no 6 even when he is our best bowler and opponents are 70/0.
Because he doesnt want to get hammered during the PP overs and mess up his bowling averages. Therefore brings himself on when after the 15th over
Old March 20, 2011, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

2. Hussey wasnt included he only came in after Bollinger got injured, but agree Mortaza should have been included in the squad.
3. He isnt a top order batsmen, Should M.Hussey come third for Aus. No offense but a person with slight knowledge of cricket should identify the fact that Shakib isnt a top order batsman- He should be batting at 5.

Old March 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

as far as we hav seen of Shahriar Nafees, he came through to some extent. ektai match khelse, scored 37.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 20, 2011, 07:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
I have a lot of questions brother............. but dont feel to ask.........whats the point???
Bangladesh Cricket is so dumb, so stupid, so unpatriotic, so whimsical, so spiritless, ....I felt insulted in front of my indian and srilankan friends in NY. Mr. Sakib, I dont know about you, but it made me cry.
What about the performance of Bangladesh in other accepcts rather than cricket? Don't you feel insulted ?
Old March 21, 2011, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Jahurul averages 39 against G8 teams. Though early days, but enough said.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
which is great!even tamim doesn't have an avg like that!
Old March 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
4. Gag order should have been placed way before the Tourney. Inexperienced management.
They were concentrating enforcing Gag order to the fans first, forgetting the players... hmmmm
Old March 21, 2011, 12:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
2. Hussey wasnt included he only came in after Bollinger got injured, but agree Mortaza should have been included in the squad.
3. He isnt a top order batsmen, Should M.Hussey come third for Aus. No offense but a person with slight knowledge of cricket should identify the fact that Shakib isnt a top order batsman- He should be batting at 5.
Shakib may not be a top order batsman..but now he has to bat there just like he took captaincy and the burder of the main bowler.!!
Old March 21, 2011, 12:31 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
well i loved ur answers but Jahurul is also a TOP order batsmen. he has always opened the batting in domestics.
and he does keeping occasionally. only after getting a call in national team he started to do it more regularly as he realized adding an extra dimension can boost his selection chance. i am still not sure about his keeping qualities
Jahurul cannot stamp like Mushy, but he is much better overall. He does not drop sitters! Skills and height help.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:42 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricgenius
Can anyone from anybody from this forum give me the answer of these 4 qustions. Many may say that these are meaningless now but no , this may happen in future also!!

1.Why was Nafees chosen over Jaharul. What have Nafees done to make a plce for him in the team? why all these politics?
2. Why was Mashrafe Mortaza not included in the 15 men team. I am asking this because even the best team in the world ( Kangaroos ) kept Hussey in the 15 men team even when he was not fully fit. Wy could not we do that?
3.Why does shakib bat at no 5/6 even when he is the ebst bangladeshi batsmen in ODI ( now many may say Tamim is the best..no he isnt!!) . So, in every team the best batsman comes one down ..why not us?? now u ppl may say he does 10 over bowling,captaincy and all. But that doesn't matter...when you are a player and getting paid, you must do all these.
4.why do they tell so many things before the match when such are not important to say like W.indies match not a must win match, you will see a 100 run partnership when they know that they cannot fulfill those?
  1. I don't want to complain much about SN. He has not played enough to form an opinion. He played okay in one match scoring 37, admittedly against a minnow. Jahurul should have been in the top 15 and Mushfiqur should have been kicked out of the 11 to make room for jahurul. Mushy has not caught, stopped, or batted.
  2. This one is difficult to answer. It is my personal opinion, but I want Mash to stop playing cricket. I am afraid that he might cause irreparable harm one of these days to his long-term health by playing.
  3. I can go both ways with this, but sending Shakib at 3 or 4 will not be the worst thing in the world. Definitely much better than "I average 23 in all forms of cricket" Siddiqui.
  4. There should have been a gag order, with provisions for fines for any ulta-palta comments. jotto shob!
Old March 21, 2011, 01:07 PM
Club Cricketer

I would like to answer your question in a different way:

1.Why was Nafees chosen over Jaharul. What have Nafees done to make a plce for him in the team? why all these politics?
[Ayan: Its not about Nafees and Jahurul, it should be about missing likes of Bashar, Akram Khan, Pilot, Rafiq. I think we followed WC 2003 approach than 1999 or 2007. Think deeply, you will know what I meant]
2. Why was Mashrafe Mortaza not included in the 15 men team. I am asking this because even the best team in the world ( Kangaroos ) kept Hussey in the 15 men team even when he was not fully fit. Wy could not we do that?
[Ayan- That's a blunder for a team with 22/23 average age. If fitness is the issue, they should have keep him in the initial squads. Jamie is not a good strategist for a young captain like Shaqib. I think both are kids. Again Jamie liked to follow footstep of WC 2003]

3.Why does shakib bat at no 5/6 even when he is the ebst bangladeshi batsmen in ODI ( now many may say Tamim is the best..no he isnt!!) . So, in every team the best batsman comes one down ..why not us?? now u ppl may say he does 10 over bowling,captaincy and all. But that doesn't matter...when you are a player and getting paid, you must do all these.
[Ayan - Here I may differ. To me Shaqib is not a top order batsman just like Nafees. You can look at his batting in test too. Against good bowling (I meant the phase of bowling when Roach/Styne is firing in all cylinder), I would put some one who has a good technique and defense. Shaqib may be okay at 4/5 when there is no pressure or bowling phase is not as good as tosotbe/Roach with a new ball. May be he is okay at 5]
4.why do they tell so many things before the match when such are not important to say like W.indies match not a must win match, you will see a 100 run partnership when they know that they cannot fulfill those?
[ Ayan - Because, they didn't learn anything from the likes of Bagh Rafiq. I remember all the journalists always struggled to get anything out of Rafiqs mouth. All they could get out of his mouth was "amar ball ami karmu, or khela oi khelbo" or "ami jaiga moto ball felamu, oi jodi pare taile marbo". I still miss Bagh Rafiq. In the current crop, only player we might be in the path of Bagh Rafiq (still a long way to go) is "little Bagh Shafiul"]

In conclusion, WC and bilateral series is quite different, just like ODI and test. It really takes your ultimate test. Hope we learn from the past and follow the trend of WC 1999 and WC 2007 but not make the same mistakes we did in 2003 (somewhat similar to 2011).