facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cricket Sage

We have a real shot against SL. Mathews will be stepping in as the new captain, with Jayawardane and Sanga nearing retirement they might decide to include some new faces. In the past we have struggled in SL, but this is a much improved team. At the very least I expect 1 test match draw, and close ODI series.

Old December 28, 2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Sanga has broken bones and will be out for 2 months so this gives us a real chance beating Sri Lanka.
Old December 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
We have a real shot against SL. Mathews will be stepping in as the new captain, with Jayawardane and Sanga nearing retirement they might decide to include some new faces. In the past we have struggled in SL, but this is a much improved team. At the very least I expect 1 test match draw, and close ODI series.
We can't even draw a Test match at home against the West Indies, so I don't think it will be as easy doing it against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. They may be weakened, but they are still much stronger than us, more so at home.

We might be able to sneak in an ODI win. We should, because anything less than a competitive ODI series will be a failure.
Old December 28, 2012, 04:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Like to see Bangladesh play a full strength Srilankan side. We dont want any excuse from pundit.
Old December 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Like to see Bangladesh play a full strength Srilankan side. We dont want any excuse from pundit.
Pundit was banned long before....
Old December 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Hope Bangladesh will do a excellent tour in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka seems too weak. One the other hand our team has changed recently. So we have a chance to do well there.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

@AsifTheManRahman: Dude! being positive is better than being negative. We crush Sri Lanka under-19 team all the time so the future is clear. Sri Lanka are nothing without their experience talented 3. I reckon it will be some contest between Sri Lanka youngsters v Bangladesh youngsters at least in the limited overs.
Old December 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I hope out of nowhere we can uncover a fiery pace bowler and then I can bank on beating Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka are a fairly strong team in ODIs but weak in tests.
Old December 28, 2012, 08:12 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

The thing is our strength is spin and SL is not WI that they will surrender. Keep that in mind and have a realistic expectations..We have a chance to have a first ever competitive series against them in SL but a series win against them is still too much to ask for
Old December 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

As people would know Sri Lanka were rattled by the Aussie pacers. If our pacers are at peak and with the spinners chiming in we could surprise people. In tests they have weak pacers. But in ODIs their pace bowling attack suddenly becomes a force with the inclusions of Malinga and Kulesekara. Our bowling is the key during this series.
Old December 29, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

thats it? Only three series - SL/ZIM/NZ? How does this compare with other teams?
not good enough! disappointed
Old December 29, 2012, 08:00 AM
Banned

@Roni uk: Don't forget that the Zimbabwe series was supposed to happen this year 2012 but was shifted to 2013 so it could've been 2 series next year and I agree its ridiculous, blame the stupid ICC for not spreading the game, they're too greedy with $$$ and will eventually get exposed. Few series for national teams will just make fans lose interest.
Old December 29, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

FTP means squat really. What matters is what boards decide. BCB could try hard to sneak in one or two series in there IMO. Maybe another SL series at home? Aus/Ind/Eng/SA have tight schedules.
Old December 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
Test Cricketer

We could've arrenged a full series against india or a tri series involving pakistan.
Old January 16, 2013, 01:31 PM

Between April and September, Tigers are playing against Zimbabwe only, if I am not wrong.

Can BCB arrange a tri-series involving Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Bangladesh? If one of the two other countries can't make it, invite Ireland instead?

It could be ODI or even a T20 tournament!
Old January 16, 2013, 01:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Between April and September, Tigers are playing against Zimbabwe only, if I am not wrong.

Can BCB arrange a tri-series involving Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Bangladesh? If one of the two other countries can't make it, invite Ireland instead?

It could be ODI or even a T20 tournament!
ICC Champions Trophy is scheduled in the summer but I agree our FTP sucks and blame BCB for not doing enough. However, in that time yeah we should go and arrange another tour to Europe and play 3 ODIs against Ireland and 1 each against Scotland and the Netherlands so we are busy. Pakistan have agreed to play 2 ODIs against Scotland today so we should do something similar and show that these teams are not better than Bangladesh. If somebody here who knows any BCB members, they should go and tell them.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

As Pakistan tour opted out, Pakistan wont come for away match , I think. Not sure though. In that case, 2013 is really boring.
Old March 22, 2013, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

There is a huge gap after the Zimbabwe series. Can't we atleast organise an ODI tri-series? I used to love the good old multi-nation tournaments in Sharjah. Why don't they organise them anymore? May be BCB should approach UAE with an idea.
Old March 22, 2013, 07:46 PM
Cricket Sage

^ They used to do that so UAE would get a chance to host international cricket. But now with Pakistan playing in UAE on a regular basis, it kind of makes up for it. So they won't bother arranging anything there for a long time.
Old April 4, 2013, 03:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riyad,musfiq

SO NO GAME FOR BANGLADESH ALMOST 7 MONTH IN FTP after zimbabwe series , where india dont even have a space for rest in entire year , i dont know how is even this a fare . before the last icc indian president left the office he made sure in the FTP india can play all year long but no game for bangladesh , i still remember last FTP where india didnt have game for almost 6 month , but this FTP totally changed that just icc president was indian when they made the FTF , i just wish and pray mostofa kamal do somethings about this as a current icc vice president
Old April 4, 2013, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipon1989
SO NO GAME FOR BANGLADESH ALMOST 7 MONTH IN FTP after zimbabwe series , where india dont even have a space for rest in entire year , i dont know how is even this a fare . before the last icc indian president left the office he made sure in the FTP india can play all year long but no game for bangladesh , i still remember last FTP where india didnt have game for almost 6 month , but this FTP totally changed that just icc president was indian when they made the FTF , i just wish and pray mostofa kamal do somethings about this as a current icc vice president
Lota is busy to expand his business. He dont have enough time to think about our cricket.
Old April 4, 2013, 10:48 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^ Why blame Loitta? What is current bunch doing? shobgula ek! gorur dol
Old April 4, 2013, 11:00 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Does Lotus have the power to give us more games? I thought he is just a show piece there
Old April 4, 2013, 05:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
^ They used to do that so UAE would get a chance to host international cricket. But now with Pakistan playing in UAE on a regular basis, it kind of makes up for it. So they won't bother arranging anything there for a long time.
That's not true. I'm sure UAE will be interested. Earlier there was only Sharjah for hosting cricket matches. Now, Dubai and Abudhabi has so much better facility, than Sharjah for cricket. One Pak tours can't keep UAE busy. ICC tournaments are also held hear, but sill they have enough opportunity. Sharjah is almost always available and stadium will always be full with a large number of Bangladeshis living around Sharjah. It's matter of initiative from our Board. Infact our Govt should use cricket to develop economic relations with UAE, as Ind and Pak has done.
Old April 4, 2013, 09:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
ur predictions were exactly precise 3 months ago