facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2016, 03:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

@be_friend

Also, if you think only BD fans are bad. Today an Indian poster wrote right here in BC "where is your polio bowler" referring to Mustafiz.

As you said, tongue in cheek humor is fine but making fun of people with serious sickness? Is that okay and funny?

These are the sort of comments we see from Indian fans. Criticize Mustafiz with stats, analysis, his cutters. These are totally fine.

But the cheapshots and pretending to not know Mustafiz and calling him "polio bowler" isn't..

Old March 19, 2016, 03:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Some stupid guy made a pic and we will never hear the end of it from Indians.
They will bring it up to justify anything and everything.
Its like you kill a muslim guy then say oh They blew up the towers so its only fair we kill them
Old March 19, 2016, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Some BD fans don't have hatred for Team India for no random reason.

Ex. statements from Kumble, Sehwag and lets not forget about Sidhu constantly comparing BDeshis to cockroaches. At least our officials don't go into the media to make such remarks and its only our fb warriors.

Pot calling kettle black when you say who started it.
Old March 19, 2016, 03:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Some stupid guy made a pic and we will never hear the end of it from Indians.
They will bring it up to justify anything and everything.
Its like you kill a muslim guy then say oh They blew up the towers so its only fair we kill them
It was my opinion, sir. More importantly, the voice of sane BD fans is not actually reaching across the border. Most Indians still believe that your fans endorse those pictures and exactly why you have been witnessing whatever you've witnessed in Eden and also on the interweb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Some BD fans don't have hatred for Team India for no random reason.

Ex. statements from Kumble, Sehwag and lets not forget about Sidhu constantly comparing BDeshis to cockroaches. At least our officials don't go into the media to make such remarks and its only our fb warriors.

Pot calling kettle black when you say who started it.
BD fans are very emotional. Sidhu, I can bet, didnt mean it that way. Even without having watched the video or comment in question, I can bet a $100 that he didnt mean it that way. BD fans and the officials come across as emotional (bordering immature) evident by the post by a supposed consultant to BCB. How often does one come across anything of that sort ever in international cricket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
@be_friend

Also, if you think only BD fans are bad. Today an Indian poster wrote right here in BC "where is your polio bowler" referring to Mustafiz.

As you said, tongue in cheek humor is fine but making fun of people with serious sickness? Is that okay and funny?

These are the sort of comments we see from Indian fans. Criticize Mustafiz with stats, analysis, his cutters. These are totally fine.

But the cheapshots and pretending to not know Mustafiz and calling him "polio bowler" isn't..
Sir, Ban him. We have a polio bowler in our line-up too, Bumrah. I thought it was both funny and offensive but if you and fellow Bangladeshi's think it was offensive, ban him and bash him. Or answer him the way he did. (hint: Bumrah)
Old March 19, 2016, 03:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
It was my opinion, sir. More importantly, the voice of sane BD fans is not actually reaching across the border. Most Indians still believe that your fans endorse those pictures and exactly why you have been witnessing whatever you've witnessed in Eden and also on the interweb.

BD fans are very emotional. Sidhu, I can bet, didnt mean it that way. Even without having watched the video or comment in question, I can bet a $100 that he didnt mean it that way. BD fans and the officials come across as emotional (bordering immature) evident by the post by a supposed consultant to BCB. How often does one come across anything of that sort ever in international cricket?

Sir, Ban him. We have a polio bowler in our line-up too, Bumrah. I thought it was both funny and offensive but if you and fellow Bangladeshi's think it was offensive, ban him and bash him. Or answer him the way he did. (hint: Bumrah)
Sir, okay understood.

waiting to hear your reponse to my post (last page)
Old March 19, 2016, 04:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
What do you mean "you started it"?

You keep going back about the picture? There is no proof that a Bangladeshi did that. It's very easy to spread rumors and ill feelings on social media these days..

Case in study: Pakistani chacha were forced to wear BD flag. It made huge rounds in social media and how terrible Bangladehi fans are. But it was easy to dispel as the chacha himself later clarified that he was not forced.

Regarding the pic, no body knows who made it. We all here acknowledged that it was a distasteful one.

Finally no one hates India. You still get decent crowd support in mirpur stadium. some fans including me might be at times are critical of BCCI as an organization. But that's about it. If you think criticizing BCCI is akin to total hatred of India then I've nothing to say.

I've grown up watching Sachin, Dravid etc and have a lot of respect for them and other players that followed. But the constant intelligent trolling by many Indian fans here and their downright patronizing comments have also frustrated us. I've also become irritated with their approach.

So as you can see it goes both ways.

Finally, there is no hatred for Indians. I hope you liked Dhaka in your visit. You are welcome again and I hope the acts of stupid fans on both sides won't damage the good relationship between the sane ones..
According to me, this whole thing started post-Quarterfinals when again, according to me, most Bangladeshi fans were being irrational. I posted several pictures and debated hard but all in all, India just played well on that day and thats what Bangladeshi fans refused to acknowledge. That was the start of everything ugly and has gone downhill since. BCCI related conspiracy theories dont help.

Feel free to be critical, Indians are probably more critical than you. We were annoyed of Srinivasan more than anyone else as he favored his IPL team over all the others, besides conflict of interst. Again, we as fans never thought he fixed the matches to see his team win, unlike your fans. (I support Big 3 though and I've got my reasons for it.)

There are several pictures by Pakistani fans floating around on the internet but the fact that this (taskin/dhoni pic) got media attention was because there was a precedent set by the first picture, the semi-bald billboard that was not condemned but endorsed. Had you taken proper steps, this picture would have had no credibility. Rest assured, this will continue.

As you yourself said, intelligent trolling and patronizing comments. You can resort to similar banter backed up with proper facts or ignore them. You need Indians and other fans on here for colorful debates.

I absolutely loved my visit and my internship at Grameen. Travelled a lot. Will be back again early next year to meet my friends there.
Old March 19, 2016, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Person A being emotional doesn't excuse Person B from being an asshole. Don't try to flip the topic. With regards to Sidhu, its not even a one-off moment because he's had a chip on his shoulder when it comes to making comments on BD like his 'Kangali' comments. But hey, if racism floats your boat, who am I to judge.
Old March 19, 2016, 04:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Person A being emotional doesn't excuse Person B from being an asshole. Don't try to flip the topic. With regards to Sidhu, its not even a one-off moment because he's had a chip on his shoulder when it comes to making comments on BD like his 'Kangali' comments. But hey, if racism floats your boat, who am I to judge.
That was the whole point of my comment and me betting a 100 bucks. I am sure he wasn't being an asshole. Again, its what I feel but obviously, you thought it was offensive and made 2 trillion videos to demean him on the internet, so isnt it all over by now?
Old March 19, 2016, 04:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Yup Sidhu is a nice bloke I'm sure he doesn't mean to insult Bangladeshis just like Republicans don't mean to insult foreigners

You guys are saints
Old March 19, 2016, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

This back-and-forth will never end. Everyone is pointing a finger at the other and saying "you started it". Can we at least agree that both sets of fans are equally immature and engaging in needless mudslinging?

On a side note: be_friend, you do realize that the only people who made the picture of Taskin holding Dhoni's severed head viral were the Indian media (India 24, Deccan Chronicle, etc), don't you? So perhaps some introspection is in order before you make blanket statements about Bangladeshis like "you're being immature" or "emotional".
Old March 19, 2016, 04:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Yup Sidhu is a nice bloke I'm sure he doesn't mean to insult Bangladeshis just like Republicans don't mean to insult foreigners

You guys are saints
And who exactly told you all Republicans hate immigrants/ foreigners?
Old March 19, 2016, 04:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
This back-and-forth will never end. Everyone is pointing a finger at the other and saying "you started it". Can we at least agree that both sets of fans are equally immature and engaging in needless mudslinging?

On a side note: be_friend, you do realize that the only people who made the picture of Taskin holding Dhoni's severed head viral were the Indian media (India 24, Deccan Chronicle, etc), don't you? So perhaps some introspection is in order before you make blanket statements about Bangladeshis like "you're being immature" or "emotional".
Have already responded to that part:
"There are several pictures by Pakistani fans floating around on the internet but the fact that this (taskin/dhoni pic) got media attention was because there was a precedent set by the first picture, the semi-bald billboard that was not condemned but endorsed. Had you taken proper steps, this picture would have had no credibility. Rest assured, this will continue."

No one made blanket statements here. I said, in general, most come across as a little too emotional, thats my understanding based on my interaction with a few that I know.
Old March 19, 2016, 04:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
And who exactly told you all Republicans hate immigrants/ foreigners?
I'm sure they don't mean to though
Old March 19, 2016, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

@be_friend, so you admit that both sets of fans are equally culpable? If so, good.

I'm curious. Why was the picture of the half-shaved heads so offensive ? Mustafiz got them with his "cutter", hence the shaved heads. Am I missing something?
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
According to me, this whole thing started post-Quarterfinals when again, according to me, most Bangladeshi fans were being irrational. I posted several pictures and debated hard but all in all, India just played well on that day and thats what Bangladeshi fans refused to acknowledge. That was the start of everything ugly and has gone downhill since. BCCI related conspiracy theories dont help.

Feel free to be critical, Indians are probably more critical than you. We were annoyed of Srinivasan more than anyone else as he favored his IPL team over all the others, besides conflict of interst. Again, we as fans never thought he fixed the matches to see his team win, unlike your fans. (I support Big 3 though and I've got my reasons for it.)

There are several pictures by Pakistani fans floating around on the internet but the fact that this (taskin/dhoni pic) got media attention was because there was a precedent set by the first picture, the semi-bald billboard that was not condemned but endorsed. Had you taken proper steps, this picture would have had no credibility. Rest assured, this will continue.

As you yourself said, intelligent trolling and patronizing comments. You can resort to similar banter backed up with proper facts or ignore them. You need Indians and other fans on here for colorful debates.

I absolutely loved my visit and my internship at Grameen. Travelled a lot. Will be back again early next year to meet my friends there.
I agree on some points. But let's just agree to disagree for now. We all have different viewpoints..

Continue to post here more. It's good to have foreign and I agree as that adds to more colors. You are always welcome. We can disagree but can be civil about it.
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
I'm sure they don't mean to though
I am sorry but that sums up your understanding of US politics and if thats the lens you put on to judge comments and watch cricket, I am sorry, you'd be disappointed each time you switch on your TV.
Old March 19, 2016, 04:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

All I can say is that the pitches were night and dark for the India Pak and Ban Pak game.

For our game they promised a green top and delivered a batting road.

I guess between Pak Ban, India would choose Pak.
Old March 19, 2016, 04:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
@be_friend, so you admit that both sets of fans are equally culpable? If so, good.

I'm curious. Why was the picture of the half-shaved heads so offensive ? Mustafiz got them with his "cutter", hence the shaved heads. Am I missing something?
Shubho, pictures are way more powerful than words. Why do you think the makers of that billboard decided to half-shave them and not completely shave their heads? Either way, shaving or not shaving, it was in BAD taste. We've never had anything even close to that in India. Pakistani players in the 90s when they won MOST of their matches against India, Indians resorted to insults but I am pretty sure no such billboards came up. You can argue there was no facebook then but hey, there was hi5, orkut etc

My question is, why do that in the first place? Insults are different but this is on a completely different level.
Old March 19, 2016, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I am sorry but that sums up your understanding of US politics and if thats the lens you put on to judge comments and watch cricket, I am sorry, you'd be disappointed each time you switch on your TV.
Completely off-topic, but if you think the Republican front-runners like Trump, Cruz and Rubio don't have a thing against Muslims or Mexicans then I don't know what to say.
Old March 19, 2016, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
All I can say is that the pitches were night and dark for the India Pak and Ban Pak game.

For our game they promised a green top and delivered a batting road.

I guess between Pak Ban, India would choose Pak.
No one promised anyone anything, where did you even get that from? Besides, most teams would rather take a flat pitch over a green one any day in a t20.
Old March 19, 2016, 05:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shubho, pictures are way more powerful than words. Why do you think the makers of that billboard decided to half-shave them and not completely shave their heads? Either way, shaving or not shaving, it was in BAD taste. We've never had anything even close to that in India. Pakistani players in the 90s when they won MOST of their matches against India, Indians resorted to insults but I am pretty sure no such billboards came up. You can argue there was no facebook then but hey, there was hi5, orkut etc

My question is, why do that in the first place? Insults are different but this is on a completely different level.
Pictures are more powerful than words? Your logic is faulty.

And your assumption that Indian fans never stooped to low blows is based on no evidence whatsoever. All it takes is one jackass to prove you wrong. And countless fans who have been at the receiving end will tell you otherwise as well.

By the way, what you call a billboard was no billboard, but a photoshopped image of one.

I wish you would just admit that, at the end of the day, both sides have fanned the flames in equal measure for far too long.
Old March 19, 2016, 05:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Pictures are more powerful than words? Your logic is faulty. And your assumption that Indian fans never stooped to low blows is based on no evidence whatsoever. All it takes is one jackass to prove you wrong. And countless fans who have been at the receiving end will tell you otherwise. By the way, what you call a billboard was no billboard, but a photoshopped image of one.

I wish you would just admit that, at the end of the day, both sides have fanned the flames in equal measure for far too long.
I am sorry, I am not very diplomatic and I dont think both sides fanned it in equal measure either. Bangladesh was/is never India's archrival. There was no hate from our side to piss BD off.

I havent come across that "Jackass" as yet to have posted any picture as violent and derogatory against Pakistan (you'd see plenty against BD now) When I do, I'd apologize for my comments on here.
Old March 19, 2016, 05:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Completely off-topic, but if you think the Republican front-runners like Trump, Cruz and Rubio don't have a thing against Muslims or Mexicans then I don't know what to say.
Only Drumpf. Not the other 2. Politics is funny, you basically tread a very thin line when you are trying to beat the front runner with his downright hate, you know whats selling but cannot stoop to that level so you try and match a part of it. Republicans in the 1990s were the biggest proponents of immigrants (George Bush Sr won on the immigrants-welcome plank)

For Eg: Canada PM won on a no-war plank and ever after coming to power has decided to defend Canadian interest incl. Wars.

Same with Drumf, after coming to power, he wont be allowed to change American foreign policy single handedly. Presidents donot have absolute power.

As I said, I dont believe Republicans hate immigrants and I live in the richest republican town in USA, by far.
Old March 19, 2016, 05:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am sorry, I am not very diplomatic and I dont think both sides fanned it in equal measure either. Bangladesh was/is never India's archrival. There was no hate from our side to piss BD off.
Perhaps not hate initially, but plenty of hubris and condescension and jokes at our expense. If people like you don't own up to anything, there's very little hope that this cycle of hate will end.
Old March 19, 2016, 05:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Perhaps not hate initially, but plenty of hubris and condescension and jokes at our expense. If people like you don't own up to anything, there's very little hope that this cycle of hate will end.
you just have the Sehwag & Sidhu example to quote. I dont see a reason why Indian fans would be disrespectful to BD fans for ANY reason. Even on FB, where all these retards fans exist, you had Indian fans rooting for BD in world cup until the quarterfinals. India won with a second string Indian team against BD right before the world cup (Binny magic) and I didnt see anyone giving it any importance to begin with. So I am not sure what you are talking about. The cycle of hate will end once your team wins consistently.

I'll own up to everything that has happened post-that. Indian fans have been very rowdy and you can see that everywhere. They comment on the most irrelevant cricket topics and bring up BD in the most disrespectful way.