facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 20, 2019, 02:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
umm i don know..what does his title say?
Never mind

Old January 20, 2019, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Given LBW. Now no DRS available

Old January 20, 2019, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Roye aren't u against all form of abortion ... lol ..u are one confused dude . Actually it makes sense .. too much listening to infowar type of podcasts can do that to u . A champion of women rights is against their right to choose ...I have heard enough
I am, yes. Women's right to kill other future women who are inside them? That also constitutes as anti-woman. Being pro life and pro women are not mutually exclusive. Hardly confusing if you ask me.

Oh, and I am not championing woman's rights btw. I can't take credit for that to be honest. I was more interested in pointing out the evils of Islam.
Old January 20, 2019, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I am, yes. Women's right to kill other future women who are inside them? That also constitutes as anti-woman. Being pro life and pro women are not mutually exclusive. Hardly confusing if you ask me.

Oh, and I am not championing woman's rights btw. I can't take credit for that to be honest. I was more interested in pointing out the evils of Islam.
What is pro woman ? Do u really know what u talking about ? What does this women's rights that u speak of mean to you ? How many women have you empowered in life with your thoughts or actions ?

There are real organizations in nyc where Muslims are involved extensively to end violence against women .. they aid women of domestic violence recover and get in their own feet . How many org have u gotten involved with that particularly try to help women ? Or is it all internet text of what u concocted on ur head to be right. And want to downplay other who actually does following the teachings of their religion ?
Old January 20, 2019, 06:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
1. Color of our skin, social status of those individual, powerful getting away with everything. Take your pick

2. Not gonna answer that. I don't have enough knowledge to do that.
1/ As I have already said, no one is prosecuted because Rape of servants is not considered a crime. Otherwise the foreign office of the Philippines and Bangladesh would demand punishment instead of stopping female migrant workers from travelling to these countries.

2/ You do not have enough knowledge to know if "having sex slaves" is an acceptable practice? .... Ok, let me make it simple for you, According to you, under what circumstances will it be considered a respectable practice to own sex slaves?
Old January 20, 2019, 06:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Victims of Rape and Law: How the Laws of the Arab World Protect Rapists, Not Victims

I urge ahnaf and other apologist to please spend 5 mins of your time to read this article. It explains how Rape is treated in the majority muslim countries governed by Islamic laws.

As already mentioned, Oppression of women is a fact in countries governed by Islamic rules and regulation. You can either accept this fact and educate people about it or stay ignorant.
Old January 20, 2019, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
There are real organizations in nyc where Muslims are involved extensively to end violence against women .. they aid women of domestic violence recover and get in their own feet . How many org have u gotten involved with that particularly try to help women ? Or is it all internet text of what u concocted on ur head to be right. And want to downplay other who actually does following the teachings of their religion ?
And that should be commended. But nothing what you are saying disproves my point about there being bad elements in the ideology that is not good for women. You can be a good Muslim and ignore that stuff, which is great. Those are human beings helping other human beings. For every positive kumbaya story you give, and I can give a horrific counter-example. I hope you understand. So playing that game will not help. As for me doing something, well again that's a detraction from the point I was making. This is called Tu Quoque, when you avoid an argument by reverting the same criticism back at the accuser, without ever addressing the argument. Does not make it any less true.

Mods, I am being extremely cautious here with my tone as you can see. I personally want to end the subject, but if he keeps coming at me, I will reply as necessary.
Old January 20, 2019, 10:15 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
1/ As I have already said, no one is prosecuted because Rape of servants is not considered a crime. Otherwise the foreign office of the Philippines and Bangladesh would demand punishment instead of stopping female migrant workers from travelling to these countries.

2/ You do not have enough knowledge to know if "having sex slaves" is an acceptable practice? .... Ok, let me make it simple for you, According to you, under what circumstances will it be considered a respectable practice to own sex slaves?
I don't have enough knowledge on this issue to discuss it over. I have been here long enough to understand how these conversations ends. How hard it is to understand for you?

I know what i believe. It doesn't make a difference for me what someone on internet writes something about religion or about my prophet.

Try to understand not everything is black and white. Try to respect others belief. As you expect others to do the same for you.

And Apologist? Already acting like a high and mighty? Just because i refused to engage in worthless debate with you? Thats rich.

Last edited by ahnaf; January 20, 2019 at 10:53 PM..
Old January 20, 2019, 10:20 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Just a reminder

Quote:
Do not post blatantly off-topic posts in a thread. If you want to discuss something else, create a new thread.
any further religious talk on this thread will be deleted
Old January 20, 2019, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Why not just have a religion thread with a disclaimer - enter at ur own risk, blah blah - and just let everyone who wants to just go at it. clearly its a popular topic and the only thing that gets discussed anymore.
Old January 20, 2019, 10:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Politics come a close second...
Old January 21, 2019, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
And that should be commended. But nothing what you are saying disproves my point about there being bad elements in the ideology that is not good for women. You can be a good Muslim and ignore that stuff, which is great. Those are human beings helping other human beings. For every positive kumbaya story you give, and I can give a horrific counter-example. I hope you understand. So playing that game will not help.
I am not playing any games. Your opinions and disrespect come from lack of knowing people who follow the same ideology you call evil. You made a blanket statement. Not me. And i gave you examples where ur blanket statement has no truth in it. I never argued with you saying there aren't criminals who are doing evil things in the name of God/religion. But then there are also evil things being done without the name of God. Look no further than all the leaders of each country...

Your ideas and thoughts seem very borrowed, politicized type of sermon that you would hear on TV or in hate speech. They are not from true personal experience that's what it seems like to me.

I am a very practical guy and i am giving you practical examples - examples of my life and my sorroudning where good things are being done. I am friends with people who follow Islam, who are wealthy, donate 2.5% or whatever of their complete wealth, respect women and in turn get respect from ppl. I know quiet a few ppl like that. however I know of ZERO person who follow Islam and is evil.

I brought up whether u have done anything or not to see if you have any practical side to it or u are just one of those ppl parrotting nonsense u hear from Islamophobic media? Because that's what it seems like.

Most ppl who follow Islam aren't doing harm to anyone. This is simple fact. Whether u want to believe it or not make no difference. And if you want to be disrespectful toward another person belief system - that is also your problem because frankly it is stupid for a mod intervention here.

I tried to convince my sister to NOT wear hijab for many years to the point where she felt offended. I realized at that time I was imposing and showing my own dislike toward head scarf. I realized that is how she want to identify herself. Strong, independent, and Islamic. I shape my opinions of life in what I experience. Is you bringing in a text and hadith commentary to convince her that Islam is oppressive eventhough she is living a completely free life gonna following the teachings of that same religion "open her eyes up"?

I am sorry if you have experienced life where women are oppressed in the name of Islam but that has not been my experience. If you are just saying them from borrowed commentary then u are not worth listening to.

Many of the 3rd world countries where Islam may be the major religion have many of its oppressive problems due to economic and social poverty. Many middle eastern countries criminal behaviors are also due to its racist nature. You all are mixing everything together and then come want to have a discussion...

If you want to make positive change, it will not be through change of religion but via change by action - lifting ppl out of poverty, moving ppls social ladder, bringing up their education level.. Changing their perception on religion is not only a long battle but a counterproductive one. Only vile natured ppl want to do that in my opinion.
Old January 21, 2019, 12:23 AM
Cricket Legend

btw roye i wont reply any further regarding this topic in this thread or any thread. In fact I will avoid any religious topic all together. I know which ones to avoid. It's not interesting for me to talk about.

I however think u are a decent guy and not completely a nut. U wanna talk about money or hot women in non religious context ... I am all ready
Old January 21, 2019, 09:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Do you know that about RSH disease?

It is short for Religionis Sentimentus Hurtitis. Usually a lifelong mental health issue.
It can be easily triggered by history and science texts. Sometimes it can be fatal but not for the patient, instead fatal for the author of the history and science text books.

Since it is a mental health issue, so the patient is usually forgiven for any of his/her misdeeds. Like all disease, the virus that causes to trigger this disease (science/history authors)is usually eliminated.

This is the mental health month at my workplace. So my condolences to everyone with RSH. Hope you find peace.
Old January 21, 2019, 10:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Roey is more than a decent human being. I got to know him more over the last few months through our podcast endeavors. In fact it’s his podcast as he does all the production and a lot of the promotion work. I just happen to participate.

He is indeed a very nice guy. Yes, I don’t agree with him with anything related to religion or politics. But I don’t need to. He has always treated me with respect and friendly behaviors.

Beside podcast, we also chatted a lot about cricket and life in general.

We can disagree with someone but still be respectful. But honestly, he does take the mushy hatred to extreme level lol.
Old January 21, 2019, 10:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Definitely, guys. Roey is good man and a good member of this forum. He has some great energy.
To his credits among a lot, is that he is very respectful to all the members, never he insults individual member of the forum. He is funny, talented and a man of good heart. I am sorry Roey for being so intense and harsh toward you, I was being a bit of an asshole and a jerk. Forgive me Roey, I know you mean well and you joke around light heartedly.
Old January 21, 2019, 11:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

It is imperative that we are being conscientious when we express our opinion here in BC. Opinions and beliefs are like butt holes, everyone has one. So, just because I have an opinion, I cannot just burrf it out here without some consequence, this is not some yahoo comment board.

These are the things I learned about BC overtime - I/we have to remember the followings:
BC is a private forum, There is no democracy here, it is a privilege to be able to post here, it is NOT our birth right. You/I/we have to go by the rules presented by the custodians, the mods here and trust them.

Not everything is written in the rules book, we have to use our bet human judgement to understand when we cross the line of decency - and if we fail to understand that, meaning incapable of understanding that, then we have to accept the moderators' custodianship on that.

YOU/I, we must act decent. We have to maintain civility at all times.
Religion, nation-based, racial, gender-based, sexual origination-based bigotry are NOT tolerated in BC. Calling names to Hindus, calling people Pakis, calling names to Jews, belittling Biharis, Shiaas, atheists, gays or insulting issues that are related to gender equality are not tolerated in BC.
We can criticize a religion, and it's ideology and point out it's flaws but mocking azaan is not cool, that can be seen as taunting. If we jokingly, lightly throw insults at azaan, a call for prayer for a group of people of a certain faith then soon people will be writing offending things here about Hindu mandir/temple shinga sounds and church bell. BC is not going to let that happen - I learned that here.

One does not have to show respect to any religion here, like it or not, but I cannot write garbage and hurl insult at them either. Brother Tehsin built BC with Nasif bhai, Mahmood bhai and a few other, with a lot of love, kindness and effort. We cannot just let this go to waste.

These are the things I understood myself overtime.
Nobody needs us here. People, member, you and I come and go.
We should ALL spend less time here - it is a forum, life has other more important things to do. We should all be investing our life and precious time elsewhere, where it really matters. Life and time are precious, once it is gone, it is gone.
Old January 21, 2019, 11:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

It is short for Religionis Sentimentus Hurtitis. Usually a lifelong mental health issue.
It can be easily triggered by history and science texts. Sometimes it can be fatal but not for the patient, instead fatal for the author of the history and science text books.

Since it is a mental health issue, so the patient is usually forgiven for any of his/her misdeeds. Like all disease, the virus that causes to trigger this disease (science/history authors)is usually eliminated.

This is the mental health month at my workplace. So my condolences to everyone with RSH. Hope you find peace.
my condolence to you too, you look like someone with the FFWREWIP(finding fault with religion even when I poop) disease. I hope you get well soon
Old January 21, 2019, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Definitely, guys. Roey is good man and a good member of this forum. He has some great energy.
To his credits among a lot, is that he is very respectful to all the members, never he insults individual member of the forum. He is funny, talented and a man of good heart. I am sorry Roey for being so intense and harsh toward you, I was being a bit of an asshole and a jerk. Forgive me Roey, I know you mean well and you joke around light heartedly.
Shame he wasnt as respectful enough to rename Bangladesh to "Bhangadesh" or something of that sorts.

Welcome back BK bro
Old January 21, 2019, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
my condolence to you too, you look like someone with the FFWREWIP(finding fault with religion even when I poop) disease. I hope you get well soon
That is one disease only God can help with I am afriad. However I too wish the fella a swift recovery
Old January 21, 2019, 11:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
That is one disease only God can help with I am afriad. However I too wish the fella a swift recovery
I wonder why God gave me this disease in the first place!!
Terrible from God...
Old January 21, 2019, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Maybe it's time to let momma know boy's been very naughty lately and needs a slapping
Old January 21, 2019, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Another defensive wanna be smartass post . Except the ppl u encounter in this site has higher scientific background than u .

Participation in non cricket related topic more than main cricket is also against forum rules . This disease falls there .

My first impression of roye as a fair open minded guy was extremely positive . I thought he was one of the rare ones here that can discuss and go past biases. And one even very high intelligent ppl can't master . I mentioned to him this before as well ... but lately he sounding like infowar agent ..which surprises me . I think the problem often time is the clash between political/politicized Islam vs regular practicing Muslims . One suffer due to the other .

And then u have that other guy ..why he comes to this site I don't know ... doesn't even participate in Martch thread where we forget all differences .
Old January 21, 2019, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

If anyone sincerely wants to understand the ruling and historical context of right hand possession, it is explained in the following video by Yasir Qadhi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEa-cM2lS_E&t=628s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Since we no longer have a caliphate or slavery, the concept of right hand possession became non-existent. The laws are still studied, albeit only by a few at academia at theoretical level.
TBF summed up nicely how it should be applied in today's world. Too bad many of the so called Islamic countries do not follow these rules as they should be followed, which is a direct consequence of being ruled by morally bankrupt puppet governments.

MODS: Please feel free to delete this post if deemed unnecessary
Old January 21, 2019, 11:57 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

tomra eto jhogra koro ken... dhormo ebong oshusthota jar jar, BC shobar