facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2003, 06:56 PM
Club Cricketer

Default New look Bangladesh team for triangular series

Akram, Opee, Selim impressed me: Aliul

New look Bangladesh team for triangular series

UNB, Dhaka

Ahead of a tough home series against South Africa and a triangular one?day meet, the selectors are now in action to give the national cricket team a new look.

They are keeping their eyes on the players' performance in the ongoing premier cricket league in a bid to overhaul the beleaguered team that may see some new faces.

"Actually batting is our main problem. Taking the matter into consideration we'll go for a few changes in the team for the upcoming meets," chief selector Aliul Islam said.

He said that they are going to make a new team because the last team was made only for the World Cup where the players failed to perform according to their ability.

The chief selector prepared some constructive suggestions for the players so that they could apply their ability, both individually and as a team, in the upcoming matches.

Aliul Islam said they would think about the whole team, including the captain's job. "But this does not mean that a massive change is coming," he added.

BCB will arrange a short residential camp for the players to take preparation for the triangular one?day tourney involving India, South Africa and hosts Bangladesh next month.

The tri?nation meet will be followed by a two?match Test series against current Test champions South Africa.

About the preparations for the two series, the chief selector said BCB cricket committee suggested them to work taking their own course and they are now doing so.

"I don't believe that everything is shattered after the World Cup debacle. We should carry on the game. I believe in united efforts to overcome the situation," he added.

Aliul, head of the three?member selection committee suggested that preparations should start right at the moment for the meets to face two powerful cricket nations.

Personally, the chief selector was very much impressed with the recent performance of former national skipper Akram Khan and former national opener Mehrab Hossain Opee.

Besides, he mentioned the name of wicket?keeper Mohammed Salim who is performing well in the ongoing?Premier division league.

"We suggested BCB for arranging a tournament for final selection of the team but I think it would be not possible due to shortage of time," he said.

Commenting on the disastrous World Cup mission the chief selector said that the players selected for the World Cup have quality but they failed to execute that.

"It's my observation that players failed to perform due to irresponsible attitude," Aliul said.

"The team must play as one unit to earn success overcoming individual limitations. I think the players need motivation to build up the attitude, otherwise we can't improve," he added.

Old March 18, 2003, 08:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well in another news Golla was mentioned too...I wonder why Golla hasn't being mentioned in this news
Old March 18, 2003, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Interesting

I'm in my science class now
Old March 19, 2003, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

James, you should focus on your grades!
Old March 19, 2003, 11:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

You forgot Golla and Durjoy. They were mentioned eariler. We will win this tri-series don't worry.
Old March 20, 2003, 01:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Insha Allah....lets hope for the best this time