facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old October 27, 2005, 01:43 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default BFF XI-3, China-1

Cruciani's boys impress
BFF XI-3, China-1
Sports Reporter

A double strike from Ariful Kabir Farhad gave Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) XI a flying start in the Grand Royal Challenge Cup football tournament as they thrashed China Under-23 3-1 in Yangon yesterday.

The Abahani striker, who got the nod from new Argentine coach Diego Cruciani to start as Alfaz's striking partner, put the BFF XI -- virtually the national team -- ahead after 11 minutes in the opening match with a deft touch on a trademark Arman freekick.

Before the Bangladesh celebration was over, the Chinese youth team came back with an equaliser five minutes later but the SAFF Champions took total control and outplayed their rivals reportedly with 'a different type of football' introduced by the Latin coach.

And the pressure told when the shaven-headed Farhad struck his second goal five minutes before the break. It was a dream comeback for Farhad, who first earned his national call during an invitational tournament also in Myanmar in 1995 but remained in the wilderness for lack of form.

His substitute Rokonuzzaman Kanchan sealed the victory ten minutes from time but could have made it 4-1 had not his powerful drive hit woodwork.

Bangladesh, who won their first ever international title in Myanmar in 1995 under leadership of the late Monem Munna, have a good chance to play in the final of the four-team meet as the hosts brushed aside an understrength India Under-20s by more than ten goals in the day's other match, according to a message received in Dhaka.

Bangladesh team leader Ashrafuddin Chunnu was ecstatic after the team's impressive win.

"I have not seen any Bangladeshi team play like this in 15 years," Chunnu told over phone from Yangon.

"They were tremendous in the first half and played with a definite Latin touch. Playing with short passes, they completely outplayed the opponents," the former national winger said.

Although Cruciani had told before the team's departure that he would not use Aminul under the bar, he finally decided to pick the strongest team with the national number one custodian playing in the first match.

"We fielded Aminul because China were a strong team and we did not want to make a bad start," Chunnu added.

Bangladesh, who are participating in the meet as part of their preparation for the Asian Cup pre-qualifiers against Pakistan and the SAFF Football Championship, will play hosts Myanmar tomorrow and India on October 31 in the last league match.

The BFF XI line-up (4-3-1-2): Aminul, Hassan Al Mamun, Sujan, Nazrul, Titu, Arman, Joy, Matiur Munna, Ujjal (Arman Aziz), Alfaz (Asad) and Farhad (Kanchan).

Source >>

Old October 27, 2005, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Seems like the new coach is doing wonders! I hope he can revive the sad state of football in BD.
Old October 27, 2005, 02:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Oh the optimisitc ppl in bangladesh. Can we at least wait till we win a match that really matters. Dont get over satisfied with these wins against under 23 teams.

Edited on, October 27, 2005, 8:14 PM GMT, by faceoff.
Old October 27, 2005, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

wow wow. looks like we dominated big time! i remember we had this english coach (forgot the name) who tried introducing attacking football to the team, but had to leave because the BFF officials didn't like him. looks like the Argentine is having better luck so far.

btw - we play pakistanin the Asia Cup pre-qualifiers meet? boy oh boy - we may as well reach the second round of this competition for the firts time :P

so yeah - the report does indicate that we killed them - and the chinese U-23 is no walk in the park. i'm starting to dream big! (wouldn't do the same after a cricket win or two, though)
Old October 27, 2005, 03:50 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Nothing to be too optimistic, true. but this is not bad at all.

first off, bangladesh team was playing a international match after 4/5 years i think.

then, china national team is a big name in asia and its not under 17 or 19. there is not much of a difference between u23 and national team. by no means 23 are kids. they started the play with the goal of draw (interview in bdkhela), and ended up winning big.

even more, football has been no where in last few years.

i guess actually that worked as some tonic. they wanted to show their worth, because otherwise they are completely lost. just hope they keep it up with the easier ones later on.
Old October 27, 2005, 04:03 PM
Cricket Sage

I need to join BanglaScoccer to day!
Old October 27, 2005, 09:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

It's actually China under20 side.

http://english.sina.com/sports/1/2005/1027/51169.html

China U20s all set for Challenge Cup
2005-10-27 00:20:42 www.sinosoc.com

Beijing, Oct. 27 (Sinosoc) -- Jia Xiuquan will lead the Chinese U20 team at a four-nation round robin tournament to get under way in Yangon, Myanmar on Thursday.

Hosts Myanmar will field their U23 team against their Bangladesh counterparts and China and India's Under 20s in The Grand Royal Challenge Cup. The top two teams after three rounds of matches go through to the final, to take place on 2 November.

Jia Xiuquan is without a number of key players for the tournament. Zhao Ming, Hao Junmin and Cui Peng have been called up to Zhu Guanghu's U23 team for the upcoming East Asian Games in Macau, and with Huang Bowen, Wang Yongpo, Yu Hai and Zhao Mingjian involved in the recent National Games football tournament - won by the Shandong province team - Jia has had little time to prepare his side.

But former Shenhua coach Jia has an ace up his sleeve in Wuhan Huanghelou's young striker Yang Changpeng, who at 2.04m tall has a big height advantage over players from South East Asian countries.

Tournament schedule:

October 27: Myanmar v India; China v Bangladesh

October 29: China v India; Myanmar v Bangladesh

October 31: India v Bangladesh; Myanmar v China

November 2: Final

China squad (from):

Goalkeepers: Wang Dalei (Dalian Railway), Cheng Yuelei (Sichuan Guancheng), Yang Qipeng (Tianjin Teda), Gen Xiaofeng (Shandong Luneng)

Defenders: Shi Chen, Zhao Mingjian, Cui Wei (Dalian Shide), Yang Shanping (Liaoning FC), Tang Naixin (Guangdong Dongguan), Liu Jianye (Shenyang Ginde), Wang Weilong, Xia Ningning (Shandong Luneng)

Midfielders: Huang Bowen (Beijing), Yu Hai (Inter Shanghai), Dai Lin (Liaoning FC), Huang Jie (Shanghai FA), Wang Qiang (Shanghai Shenhua), Zhang Wenzhao (Shenzhen), Zhang Chi, Xu Yang (Shandong Luneng), Wang Qi (Tianjin Teda), Xu Deshuai, Guo Feng (Dalian Shide)

Strikers: Chen Liming (Guangzhou Rizhiquan), Yang Changpeng (Wuhan), Wang Yongpo (Shandong Luneng), Su Jingyu (Shanghai Shenhua), Yang Xu (Liaoning FC), Mao Biao (Tianjin Teda)
Old October 27, 2005, 10:15 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Check out the Competition

http://story.bangladeshsun.com/p.x/c...9dd1e238afc45/

Myanmar under 23 defeated Indian under 20 team by 11-0. We'll have a tough game against the Burmese side. (burma = myanmar btw)
Old October 28, 2005, 06:28 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

11-0?

Ha ha ha!

exactly one a piece.

lets see what our boys can do.
Old October 28, 2005, 08:39 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

When I read the headline yesterday on the DS i was dumbfounded to see a BFF XI (Supposedly almost the national team) trounce China (Asia World Cup reprentative). Well hmmm the whole story kind of brought me back down to Earth but hey we have been getting our behinds thrashed by anyone and everyone (some SAF games excluded) for a long time.

What impressed me most in that report is that the Bangladeshi team actually have some latin style (as reported). Bangladeshi booters sucked big time... and their style was always laid back. You could actually fall asleep while watching a BD soccer game.

Maybe its worth watching again.

Credits goes to the coach and of course the players.
Old October 28, 2005, 09:19 AM

Quote:
quote from the hindu
India take on China in their next outing on October 29 before completing their league engagements with a match against Bangladesh on October 31. Both these sides have sent their U-23 sides to Myanmar.
Wrong information! BFF XI is not U-23!:P
Old October 29, 2005, 07:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

For some reason, this reminds me of Bangaldesh's victory at Dana cup & Gothia cup
Old October 29, 2005, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Can anybody please give the latest news from Myanmar?
Old October 29, 2005, 10:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Latest news:
Bd lost this match
Mayanmar 2
Bd 1

[/i]Source

[i]Edited on, October 29, 2005, 4:25 PM GMT, by Mr-khan.
Reason: because of wrong information

Edited on, October 31, 2005, 2:45 AM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: Dont paste long urls in your posts
Old October 29, 2005, 11:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-khan
Latest news:
Bd lost this match
Mayanmar 3
Bd 1
bd lost the match by 2-1 actually as per the bdkhela report

Edited on, October 31, 2005, 2:46 AM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: quote edited
Old October 29, 2005, 11:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by guy_zin
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-khan
Latest news:
Bd lost this match
Mayanmar 3
Bd 1
bd lost the match by 2-1 actually as per the bdkhela report
Opps..typo.I m editing my post

Edited on, October 31, 2005, 2:47 AM GMT, by Sami.
Reason: quote edited