facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 28, 2017, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Default Ideas for Promoting Banglacricket.com

Flaming aside

We really need to start focusing on promoting BC, new members rarely join. When they do they are only faced with hostility.

Idea 1:

An automated message should be sent to members who have just registered, wishing them a good stay at the forum, this way newer members will feel more welcomed

Idea 2: A suggestion to mods to just ease off on new members, comments such as "thread button kamrai naki", make new members feel unwelcomed, just put up with it for 1-2 days.New members will eventually get bored of making threads once they join. Mods should take action or tell them to stop when they make 3-5 threads non-stop.

Idea 3: We need a banglacricket.com facebook page, majority of Bangladeshi users are always on their phones, if we can tank up a facebook page it would give traffic a much needed kick

Idea 4
: Be kind, respect others and they will eventually respect you. Members new and past should always maintain a degree of humility and kindness

Idea 5: Promotional Video, we need to make one that's good, not some half hearted Windows movie maker attempt, I am talking about a professional AE edited promotional video highlighting a few features of the site.

Old June 28, 2017, 03:24 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.

Idea 2: A suggestion to mods to just ease off on new members, comments such as "thread button kamrai naki",
whoever from my team wrote that deserves a medal.
Old June 28, 2017, 06:57 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

new members are most welcome to open new threads, but you were a abuser of the new thread button. when you abuse the forum you get what you deserve, new or old
Old June 28, 2017, 07:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Only Shabbir Rahman the national cricketer will take his side on this.
Old June 28, 2017, 08:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I'm against BC being on FB.

It is special right here. Plus, it has a mobile version. Take advantage of that.
Old June 28, 2017, 08:47 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Bring some old members back. Zunaid , ATMR, Sohel, Naimul_Hd (I miss our friendly banter), Murad, Miraz, Banfan, BanCricFan, Isnaad, NakedZero, iDrinkH2O, AlFurqan, Rubu, Shuziburo, Ammark, ShakibRulez (Wonder what happened to her, she was what our aklemalp is today) Lamisa, RaynMan, Tiger444 (Loved his cricket knowledge and analysis), Ajfar, FagunerAgun, Dilscoop, MohammedC(the video man and a very humble guy), Nadim and many more. They were the reason BC became BC. We need them back.

Send out an email to them to get back, call them, text them, unban them. Just reach out to them and bring them back. I have spoken to few of them. Most complained about strict rules here. I sensed that they were hurt the way they got treated. And of course some got busy with life. Whatever the case it is, tader maan obhiman bhhangiye tader firiye anun.
Old June 28, 2017, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I don't know if nasif Bhai will ever put the stats but I think BC has more active members and more visitors than anytime one time before ... more visitors certainly ......

Back in the days there was not a single post in the forum which I didn't read ..now it's impossible for anyone to do that ...(unless u are aklemalp ) ..

I think k what u guys missing are exclusivity rather ... less ppl ... more personal ....more focused ...
Old June 28, 2017, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
ShakibRulez (Wonder what happened to her, she was what our aklemalp is today).
Lol ... no body can ever be aklemalp...

From ratio of 1000 to 1 girl ...this site has gone to total zero .....
Old June 28, 2017, 01:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Ek sohel bhai ar Nadim'i josthesshto to light this forum up. Sohel bhai is destroying Facebook for the past few years now.

Add Miraz, DOC, beamer, Pagol_chagol and Shaad Mama. The BC - IQ average increases in many folds instantly. We are not worthy!!!
Old June 28, 2017, 04:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

After one time is another time.

This website has been on the Internet for 15 years?

Does it needs promoting to a wider audience?

Just simply type 'Bangladesh Cricket ' on Google search and this website is on the first 5 search results.

It's heavily trafficked.
Since 2015, we have seen a lot of new members joining, most of them for the purpose of trolling BD. But there have been some really humble and kool members recently (Roy, icricket, Rana Melb, Rossei, even dinraat). They have added value to this site. They are just a few, some I forget because they only come here during match day (Match Adda)...

We are seeing a new culture here, one that is about comradery and some cases, rivalry. Sweet rivalry.

I would really love for female members to join. After all, it is the year 2017... and girls are more opened to cricket and exposed to women's cricket. Maybe someone will read this and consider joining

What else? The mention of those names of members who used to be here more frequent and somehow stopped posting or were banned, most of the current members here would love for them to come back. I would love to see that also, probably unbanning of some as roman bhai mentioned. Fact of the matter is some people may have been ticked off and said some things, we can forgive them. I'm very hopeful of that.

Some may have just quit to focus on being a family man or saw this as a hobby and just quit, I wish them well. Good luck with it!

I know a lot of the senior guys visit, but they don't post anything unless it's serious or some record/milestone by the Bangladesh cricket team has been accomplished. It would be nice if they can say hello

After one time is another, who knows, I may quit this forum and do the same as those mentioned above. There fluidity and freedom, and everyone is expected to wield that at their own convience(within the rules of the forum ).

I end with a Guyanese proverb:

Dis time nah lang time
Old June 29, 2017, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

ROFL, pach mash thaika uni BC promote kortey chay. BC 15 years dhorey asey. Ekhono jey manush ashey etai onek.