facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2020, 11:50 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, kudos to Momin-Domingo for winning their first Home Test as the captain-coach, that too without a rank turner. It was refreshing in a way, after watching idiots like Riyad and Shakib losing home Tests against Zim and AFG!

Old February 28, 2020, 12:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
LOL, that Riyad part got me laughing. I don't agree with what Mushi did however no board should be able to force a player to tour anywhere when they don't feel comfortable.
"Mushy" decided not to go.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...-pakistan-tour

I feel like echoing with Roey. No matter how good you are, you cannot deny national duties.
Old February 28, 2020, 02:18 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ponting

Mushy should be banned for next away series in Test. If he doesn't go to Pakistan for the 2nd leg. International players are playing in PSL, month log competition? Mushy you're not any GOLDEN TIGER that the bombers will only want. Grow up and stop acting like a coward. Go with the team, go with the boys.
Old February 28, 2020, 02:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Everybody has the right to choose and refuse what he/she wants to do - they can decide if they do not want to take an assignment as long as that right to decide is in the employment contract.

But that being said, I must add, Mushfiqur Rahim is an Idiot! He runs his mouth too much and irresponsibly!

I do not know how I could force him to go to Pakistan to play - that part I do not know. I am not the one who is playing or batting or being requested to go to Pakistan. It is Mushfiqur, and he is our best batsman. The team needed him to play in this very important critical series against Pakistan.
Old February 28, 2020, 07:02 PM
Cricket Guru

How can you expect Bangladesh team to make any progress when a senior player like Mushfiq doesn't mind at all screwing his own team for Tk 6 lakh and some cheap runs against Zimbabwe?!

I would have no complain against him had he stayed away from the Test team in-between two Pakistan Tests, and had allowed us to take a look at Yasir Ali against Zim, before we put him up against Pak.

Papon should slap himself for letting this scoundrel screwing the team for his own personal gains like this.
Old February 28, 2020, 07:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Same thing with Riad and Rubel, they both knew they are not ready for test, their days with red ball parted ways but did not hesitate to take the tour and we lost which was okay, but it was the way we lost and the performance each of those seniors displayed
Old February 28, 2020, 07:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
How can you expect Bangladesh team to make any progress when a senior player like Mushfiq doesn't mind at all screwing his own team for Tk 6 lakh and some cheap runs against Zimbabwe?!

I would have no complain against him had he stayed away from the Test team in-between two Pakistan Tests, and had allowed us to take a look at Yasir Ali against Zim, before we put him up against Pak.

Papon should slap himself for letting this scoundrel screwing the team for his own personal gains like this.
Tamim and Shakib slipped yours for no reason. At least Tamim needed to recharge after prolonged poor form so somewhat justified. Shakib just shows up whenever he wants.

Mushy has every right to skip the tour, especially after Papon himself said any player can skip and BCB made 1001 bogus excuses to not tour. Remember Iran tensions, that is still there. If it’s a valid excuse by BCB, why not Mushy?

Fully support Mushy’s decision.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 28, 2020, 08:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Tamim and Shakib slipped yours for no reason. At least Tamim needed to recharge after prolonged poor form so somewhat justified. Shakib just shows up whenever he wants.

Mushy has every right to skip the tour, especially after Papon himself said any player can skip and BCB made 1001 bogus excuses to not tour. Remember Iran tensions, that is still there. If it’s a valid excuse by BCB, why not Mushy?

Fully support Mushy’s decision.
I also support Shakib and Tamim decision to skip tours. Not much is expected from a 9th ranked bunch of losers. In fact, I am glad Shakib got banned from Cricket too.
Old February 28, 2020, 11:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Like I said, I had no issue that scoundrel skipping Pakistan tour. What pissed me off his showing up in the middle against Zim for easy money and cheap glory. He ruined the opportunity for a youngster like Yasir Ali, who may now have to go face Pakistan on his debut.

Even after so many years, the scoundrel seems to care only for his personal interests.

Not his fault alone, our idiot selectors should have known better.
Old February 29, 2020, 12:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Like I said, I had no issue that scoundrel skipping Pakistan tour. What pissed me off his showing up in the middle against Zim for easy money and cheap glory. He ruined the opportunity for a youngster like Yasir Ali, who may now have to go face Pakistan on his debut.

Even after so many years, the scoundrel seems to care only for his personal interests.

Not his fault alone, our idiot selectors should have known better.
If a player is available and merits a place in the side he plays. Simple as that. Mushy meets both criteria for ZIM Test. mushy was not keeping anyone out of the side, Mithun and the selectors were. If Mosaddek is fit and misses out in Karachi because Mithun “deserves an extended” run, it’s only the selectors fault. They should know better.

Tendulkar and Sanga scores lots of cheap runs vs Bangladesh and it was needless. Their teams didn’t need them to beat us and they could tried a younger player.

With our track record of losing to ZIM and AFG at home, we needed Mushy, sad as it is. Only thing preventing us losing a home Test to Nepal is their lack of status, not quality.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 29, 2020, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
"Mushy" decided not to go.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...-pakistan-tour

I feel like echoing with Roey. No matter how good you are, you cannot deny national duties.
I don't agree with this national duty bs. Unless his contract says he must tour, bomb threat or no bomb threat, no one in the world has the right to force him to do so. I personally don't agree with his decision, but he is entitled to his opinion.
Old February 29, 2020, 08:58 AM
Cricket Sage

After all he is just another Government servant. This is not private sector club job. You need to count in the investment in terms of initiation, preparation, two decades of practice and maintenance.
Old February 29, 2020, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Fully agree with godzilla as usual. But hey this is Bangladesh we are talking about where beta males in droves run rampant suffering from senioritis complex and "যাইবি না মানে" mentality.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 29, 2020, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Tendulkar and Sanga scores lots of cheap runs vs Bangladesh and it was needless. Their teams didn’t need them to beat us and they could tried a younger player.
There are plenty of times India sent their A-team against us or Zimbabwe. Mushfiq even went on record one time calling visiting India ODI team as their A-team.

There were matches visiting India team lost to Zimbabwe - it didn't matter as India used those matches to groom fringe players of that time like Rohit Sharma.
Quote:
With our track record of losing to ZIM and AFG at home, we needed Mushy, sad as it is.
No, we didn't. If we play 10 Tests against Zim, even with our full strength team, we may lose a match or two by the nature of the game. There is no reason to scream like Chicken Little because of that. The last Test was even more meaningless as it was not part of Test Championship. This was the perfect opportunity to try out a new face, especially knowing Mushfiq-Riyad both are out of Karachi Test, and we need a replacement.

Unfortunately, BCB still have the same pessimistic minnow mentality, that you exhibit here, were too scared to take any risk, and had allowed Mushfiq to take the opportunity for his own personal gains.
Old February 29, 2020, 07:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
There are plenty of times India sent their A-team against us or Zimbabwe. Mushfiq even went on record one time calling visiting India ODI team as their A-team.

There were matches visiting India team lost to Zimbabwe - it didn't matter as India used those matches to groom fringe players of that time like Rohit Sharma.
India never sent an A team for Test to BD. Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag, Zaheer, Bhajji were always present. Maybe 1 or 2 guys missed out due to injury, but they usually sent a strong team.

Quote:
No, we didn't. If we play 10 Tests against Zim, even with our full strength team, we may lose a match or two by the nature of the game. There is no reason to scream like Chicken Little because of that. The last Test was even more meaningless as it was not part of Test Championship. This was the perfect opportunity to try out a new face, especially knowing Mushfiq-Riyad both are out of Karachi Test, and we need a replacement.

Unfortunately, BCB still have the same pessimistic minnow mentality, that you exhibit here, were too scared to take any risk, and had allowed Mushfiq to take the opportunity for his own personal gains.
Its not about minnow mentality. Its basic common cricketing sense. Nothing wrong with trying a young player against Zimbabwe, but you don't drop your lead player to play a fringe player. You drop a Liton who averages under 25 in every format he plays or a Mithun who averages under 20 in Tests.

Also, this ZIM test was obviously used to break our losing streak as the WTC has just started - we have 11 of our 14 matches remaining.

The undeniable fact is that fringe players' spots were being blocked by Mithun and Liton. Jesus Christ, Liton has played 20 tests...I thought he had played about 10 and was thinking "guys played 10 Tests he needs to get his act together"...he's played 20 now and most of them in a single extended run!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 29, 2020, 07:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

India never sent an A team for Test to BD. Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag, Zaheer, Bhajji were always present. Maybe 1 or 2 guys missed out due to injury, but they usually sent a strong team.

Quote:

Its not about minnow mentality. Its basic common cricketing sense. Nothing wrong with trying a young player against Zimbabwe, but you don't drop your lead player to play a fringe player. You drop a Liton who averages under 25 in every format he plays or a Mithun who averages under 20 in Tests.

Also, this ZIM test was obviously used to break our losing streak as the WTC has just started - we have 11 of our 14 matches remaining.

The undeniable fact is that fringe players' spots were being blocked by Mithun and Liton. Jesus Christ, Liton has played 20 tests...I thought he had played about 10 and was thinking "guys played 10 Tests he needs to get his act together"...he's played 20 now and most of them in a single extended run! Competes with Kohli in ink, competes with Bumrah in scoring runs.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 29, 2020, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Agree with Al furqaan Bhai, we unnecessarily picked Mohammad Mithun who is utter rubbish and could easily have been asked to move aside for someone like Yasir Ali or Marshall Ayub but in Bangladesh it's all clearly backwards thinking. I don't understand why these guys are getting an extended run and performing so horrible.
Old March 1, 2020, 01:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

ODI match er thread koi ????
Old March 3, 2020, 08:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Both of Tamim's high ODI scores have come against Zim in thrillers

Still remember his 150 in 2009 whatta match
Old March 6, 2020, 03:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Congratulations Tamim and Liton. I hope Liton stayed not out and we would have gotten our first double centurion in ODIs.