facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 2, 2015, 09:31 PM
Cricket Sage

^ If Seahawks score on that play, its pretty much over. Patriots couldn't get anything going down field. Most of the yards gained was from dink and dunks passes except a couple 20 yard throws. I don't know if they had it in them to move 40+ yards within 25 seconds to get in field goal range, after that crazy play from Jermaine Kearse.

Did you guys see the Doug Baldwin celebration. I didn't realize what he did until today. How do you do that during such a important game. He knew very well he was going to get a 15 yard penalty for it, yet he did it anyway. Someone asked him about the celebration after the game ended, he said its between me and the person it was directed toward. What a selfish player, way to disrespect your entire team after how hard they worked. Oh and Richard Sherman calling out Revis on that touchdown play. They were only up 10 points in the 3rd quarter. From Baldwin and Sherman's celebration you would think they already won the game. I like Seattle, specially Wilson but they talk to much. All year along everyone had them coming back for a repeat, even after the 3-3 start. But they were talking as if everyone was disrespecting them. It will be interesting to see how Seattle does next couple year. Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and Byron Maxwell are all up for contract. Russell Wilson will probably get around 20ish million. I don't think they can sign both Wagner and Maxwell. Plus they already have big contracts signed on to Sherman, Chancellor, Bennet, Avril, Thomas.

Old February 2, 2015, 09:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Hi Ajfar.

How are you?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 2, 2015, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Boy don't be the left shark.

@Aj, their priority should be Lynch. Only reason they're able to do anything with an average, YES, A.V.E.R.A.G.E QB is because they have that Lynch. Wilson and his circus league receivers are nothing without without Lynch. Only time they get anything done when the D sellout for Lynch. GB and Pats shut down their run game and Wilson took 2 full quarters to get his first reception. They better find a Megatron or another unstoppable RB, or even their great D won't be able to carry this team any further.

49ers died with Frank Gore. And Frank Gore is nothing compared to Lynch.
Old February 3, 2015, 09:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
In the stunning aftermath, after that unfathomable decision, conspiracy theories sprouted like Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. I’m not talking about Twitter-theories from deep-thinking eggs, or any cris de coeur from devastated Seahawks fans. I’m talking about people inside Seattle’s own locker room. I’m talking about texts I received from mainstream writers who don’t want to deal with the backlash that would come with writing it up.

The theory goes something like this. Russell Wilson is your young clean-cut God-fearing media-perfect quarterback. If one was creating a superstar face to market for the twenty-first century, chances are they would look, sound and basically be Russell Wilson. He’s Derek Jeter with a Bible, someone who comes across like he has never spoken out of turn in his entire life. Marshawn Lynch is… Marshawn Lynch, and if you haven’t figured out what that means after the past two weeks, then you haven’t been paying attention.

The theory goes that there were major financial, public relations and football reasons for Russell Wilson and not Lynch to be the one who ends the game in glory. If he throws that touchdown for the victory, Wilson is almost certainly the Super Bowl MVP. He gets the commercial. He gets to stand with the commissioner. And oh, by the way, he also gets his new contract, one that will fasten his prime, at only 26 years old, to the Seattle franchise. Marshawn Lynch is also due a new contract. Marshawn Lynch, had he punched that ball over the goal line, would probably get to be the one handed the MVP trophy. Marshawn Lynch also maybe gets on the mic to say Lord knows what.

READ MORE
Muy interesante!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 3, 2015, 07:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

That's been going around for too long, way longer than it should've been. I highly doubt a team on the verge of winning the title thinking about anything else but all that. Even if they did, then they'd have ran Wilson, mostly call a play action. Becuase running the ball here was that obvious. But their decision to throw shows they had a Ashraf-fart, worse than a brainfart. Also, the play before Lynch almost scored. And why would they want Wilson to have the glory? They'd have to sign him to bigger contract, even bigger than the one they're about to give him.

People that come up with these dumb theories think they're so much smarter thN everyone else.
Old February 3, 2015, 11:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Right around this time, 2 years ago, 49ers were blowing the game worse than the Seahawks. Four fades in a row! I'll never forget it! Give it to GORE! Run.The.Damn.Ball!!
Old February 6, 2015, 10:07 AM
Cricket Savant

That play call was so unfathomably dumb, that it made many within the Seahawk organization wonder. Factor in white privilege and critical race theory and you'll see why such theories aren't that far from the truth.

Second and goal from the one for the championship and you line up in shotgun formation telling the Pats you're gonna throw? How is that a high percentage play when someone like Marshawn Lynch just needs to fall forward to score from there? AND he had three chances to do it! Just look at his conversion rate from the one yard line in game winning situations. He's been at 100% throughout his high school (Oakland), college (Berkeley), and pro career.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 6, 2015, 10:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I think the play call was fine. From 1 yard line the same play has been called 102 times this year in NFL. Not a single interception. Fairly safe play. The CB recognized it and stepped up. Made a great play. That is what film studies do.

You target the weakest link of the defense. The CB was the weakest link. 3rd string, never saw much playing time. Defense had to guess on that formation. May be a draw play designed for Wilson, they had to count for that as well. It is a chess game. Yes, there were other plays that could have been called. But this call was justifiable with above stats and not knowing the future.
Old February 6, 2015, 09:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Wilson is black, it has nothing to do with race. If it did they wouldn't have ran Lynch the play before where he almost scored but a shoe string tackle stopped him. Or they'd have ran Wilson, which would've made more sense. To add to T_E's stat Lynch was 1-6 in goal line this season. It's just a case of an unknown, undrafted rookie shining in the moment.

Unknown faces shinning the SB is nothing new either. This had 2. Seahawks Mathew was having a ball too.
Old February 6, 2015, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I've been hearing about those stats after the SB but as the play was happening it just didn't pass the eye test for me. I know it all transpired in the blink of an eye but I didn't like a few things about it-- unlike many other good teams in the league that have very good receivers the passing game isn't exactly Seattle's forte, the running game is. Wilson had thrown so many interceptions in the last couple of games it felt risky watching the ball thrown in a somewhat crowded zone when you had so many other options. The previous play where Kearse made that impossible play I can understand the pass because the Hawks were far behind and they had to take risks to make up lost ground. But this was a different situation where the Hawks were in total control. Anyway on this play as soon as I saw the pass the first thing that came to my mind is in a pressure cooker moment like this if the pass isn't low enough the ball could easily pop out of the receivers hands and get picked off by someone else. As it turned out the not so low pass didn't pop out but gave Butler the chance to make an amazing play.
Old February 7, 2015, 11:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Read the article and try to understand the argument on its own terms. A little background research in critical theory would help. It's not about "being black", but the kind of blackness acceptable to white privilege. This has happened in the past. Jack Johnson vis-a-vis Joe Louis. Or Muhammad Ali vis-a-vis Floyd Patterson. Malcolm X vis-a-vis the sanitized perception of MLK. Rev. Jeremiah Wright vis-a-vis the Obama who abandoned him. Truth to power for the sake of justice vis-a-vis selective ignorance for the sake of appeasement in order to preserve the discriminatory status quo.
Old February 7, 2015, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I get that that Wilson is clean cut and Lynch is not. The conspiracy is they tried to glorify Wilson and keep Lynch's ghetto *** off camera. But if that was the case wouldn't it be more likely they' run Wilson? Since they didn't isn't it obvious that they just had a brainfart? They were thinking, "pass, pass, pass" all along, not "make Wilson big, make Wilson big." The later would've prompted them to run Wilson. But they were thinking passing, they wanted to outthink The Chick but outsmarted themselves. This isn't the first time Pete Carroll blew a bowl game. This is just another case of Libs butting in.

It's a damn shame we missed out on Lynch's MVP speech. "Will he!? Won't he!? ... grab his crotch!"
Old April 1, 2015, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Jets have done a pretty solid job in the off season so far. Any chance Geno will get better? or is he a gone case?