facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2011, 07:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Is Siddons a failure??

Hey Guys,
I know many people are mad at Jamie Siddons but how much failure was he?
Apparently he has 36.5% win in ODI and 20% win against higher ranked team! Whatmore had 35.9% win but only 9.4% against higher ranked..!
See the following link for detail.

http://bangladeshcricketvideo.blogsp...p/coaches.html

Old March 22, 2011, 07:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Oh no.. not another thread please!
Old March 22, 2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

No- it is not the coaches fault.

The problem is that the Bangladesh players are talentless except for two players. These players will struggle to play for an english county teams second 11 or a Pakistan s domestic side.

To be honest, i seen street cricketers in Pakistan that are much better then international Bangladesh cricketers. I am not trying to take the mick or act arrogant but this is the truth.

What do you expect the coach to do with a talentless bunch?? Change the coaching staff as much times as you want but till new, fresh, better talent arrives the results will stay the same.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am surprised by above comment where it says there are street cricketers in different countries they are better than BD national cricketers, unfortunately that is also true for BD as well. We have far better cricketers in the pipeline who never get selected or considered because of the coaches stubbornness to remain and deal with certain chosen players. This only tells me the coach is negligent to his duty to help fresh prospective talents to make room and learn as that will increase the amount of time he have to spend cutting short his densed vacation schedules.

Yes Siddons is a failure. He failed to motivate the team to beat the two teams in home venue which we comfortably beat in the same tournament in a neutral venue.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:18 PM
Cricket Sage

..and how many Pak batsmen hit back to back centuries in two tests in England? One Bangladeshi did.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Oh no.. not another thread please!
he he .. I agree.......

a constructive suggestion despite knowing the moderator's job is a thankless one... but still hundreds of threads on the same topic .. eventually bogs down a forum and reduces the quality of discussion..... i can go on and on... but everyone knows.. so a house cleanup is on the order just like after a big late night party (world cup)......
Old March 22, 2011, 09:45 PM
Test Cricketer

This isn't true that they don't get talent. They are young and a bit nervous. It will take some time when they'd be able to beat big boyz on a regular basis. We missed the service of experienced Murtaza very badly. I remember the similar shaky body language in Srilankan cricketers during early eighties, but they have evolved and came out as a strong unit. Bangladesh will also overcome this jittery phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING-KHAN
No- it is not the coaches fault.

The problem is that the Bangladesh players are talentless except for two players. These players will struggle to play for an english county teams second 11 or a Pakistan s domestic side.
Old March 22, 2011, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Yes Siddons is a failure. He failed to motivate the team to beat the two teams in home venue which we comfortably beat in the same tournament in a neutral venue.
And got humiliated by ireland later on if memory serves me right.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
And got humiliated by ireland later on if memory serves me right.
Not much when Pak and Zim were on the same boat .
Old March 22, 2011, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

ebar maf kora jai na!!!!!!!!!
Old March 22, 2011, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Not much when Pak and Zim were on the same boat .
When you lose against associates and win against a couple of test playing nations, I would like to think it as just a flash in the pan. Indian team was a mess right back then and we succumbed to pressure. Almost same is the case with Pakistan. So hardly a very successful campaign imo. It's no good if you can't beat the associates in the world cup, no matter how many test teams you beat.

Not to forget, the format was different back then too. One upset and you're through to the super eights.
Old March 23, 2011, 12:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
When you lose against associates and win against a couple of test playing nations, I would like to think it as just a flash in the pan. Indian team was a mess right back then and we succumbed to pressure. Almost same is the case with Pakistan. So hardly a very successful campaign imo. It's no good if you can't beat the associates in the world cup, no matter how many test teams you beat.

Not to forget, the format was different back then too. One upset and you're through to the super eights.
Upset it is, neither India nor Pak let there then coach go free if I recall right. Death of Woolmar is still a mystery. Also according to your logic even if England wins the cup this time or goes upto finals still you will question their credibility.
Old March 23, 2011, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Upset it is, neither India nor Pak let there then coach go free if I recall right. Death of Woolmar is still a mystery. Also according to your logic even if England wins the cup this time or goes upto finals still you will question their credibility.
I'm not sure about Pak, but I can certainly vouch for India. Our team was a freaking mess during Chappell's tenure. We probably would have lost to ireland if they were in our group as well.
Old March 23, 2011, 12:48 AM
Cricket Sage

^Even if I agree India was a mess and Pak as well, so was Zim, what about Smith and Co. You did not expect them to lose to the lowest ranked full member who was surely going to get whooped by Rankin and Co. RSA was as favorite as now as one of the contenders.
Old March 23, 2011, 01:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Quote:
I am surprised by above comment where it says there are street cricketers in different countries they are better than BD national cricketers, unfortunately that is also true for BD as well. We have far better cricketers in the pipeline who never get selected or considered because of the coaches stubbornness to remain and deal with certain chosen players. This only tells me the coach is negligent to his duty to help fresh prospective talents to make room and learn as that will increase the amount of time he have to spend cutting short his densed vacation schedules.

I have a statement to make there are many players who are better players than many Premier division Players in 1st division level,but when they try to join a premier team sometime those club people asks money from them to give them a chance only the ones who have contacts with the team management get a chance because if they get chance in premier league they will definitely be called for the national squad if they show good performance HOW WILL YOU SOLVE THAT?
when 2nd division and 1st division leagues are happening during the same time as HSC SSC exam so a lot of good players are forced to quit sports and sit for the exams our bowler NAZMUL Hossain is an example but his father supported him Not every parents would support that.

In Sri lanka Despite the fact their economic conditions are similar to BD, cricket is a mandatory subject for school children they learn all their basics skills there. It does not cost extra money to just teach basics to children. Thats the only way u can learn ur basics u are not suppose to learn your basics at National team.HOW MANY STREET CRICKETERS HERE CAN PLAY PROPER CRICKETING SHOTS all LOFTED SHOTS it not gonna help them develop their skills.

If you see the Ireland match 3 of our batsmen got out the same fashion trying to play a sweep shot of spin bowling There was a fielder in short fine leg catching it ,Tamim got out the same way as England and Netherlands Match which proves a point that we are not learning from our mistakes , Its just a matter of common sense that you need to learn from your mistakes.
You cant blame it on coach if you are not learning and if u don't have the right attitude towards learning.
Old March 23, 2011, 01:14 AM
Test Cricketer

I concur on this point.
Quote:
You cant blame it on coach if you are not learning and if u don't have the right attitude towards learning.
Old March 23, 2011, 01:14 AM
Club Cricketer

BCB is throwing Siddons under the bus to cover up for their own miscues. They have done absolutely nothing to make this team better and are throwing Siddons under the bus because they're playing very poorly.
Old March 23, 2011, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212
BCB is throwing Siddons under the bus to cover up for their own miscues. They have done absolutely nothing to make this team better and are throwing Siddons under the bus because they're playing very poorly.
Siddons is not a failure but his time as Bangladesh Head Coach has yielded results below reasonable expectaions.

Now in your opinion, what exactly has Siddons done that requires an extension?

Before you rush to answer, please consider that a head coach is in charge of all aspects of the game including bowling, fielding, batting, team morale and confidence. He is in charge of all three formats T20, ODI and Tests. He is also responsible for either gathering or demanding the right group of players.