facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 20, 2015, 04:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Driven: The story of Bangladesh’s first-ever Formula Racer

It's a story of Passion, Struggle, Perseverence To Achieve a Dreams

..........."Tushar’s journey to the race track was, in some ways, way off track. He studied
under the madrasa system before attending university, where he studied automobile engineering.

While at university, his brother would send him car magazines to satiate his obsession with automobiles. These publications helped steer him towards racing. In 2004, while flipping through a magazine, he came across the “World Cyber Games” virtual championships being held in Bangladesh. Since he was still living in a dorm, he was unable to participate in the virtual race that year.

But as soon as he was free from dorm life, he took part in the race. He lost in the very first round – a matter of ridicule among his peers, he recalls. But he wasn’t going to let a little wrench in the works get him down. “It was then that I decided I would win a real race one day,” he says.........."

MORE: http://www.dhakatribune.com/feature/...-formula-racer

Old March 20, 2015, 06:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

An excellent story. Thanks for sharing it.
Old March 20, 2015, 06:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by icricket
An excellent story. Thanks for sharing it.
It's Amzing that a boy from complete "Madrasa" education had such ambition and pursued it till the end. I think we under estimate this Madrasa education a bit too much. The new curriculums must have been pretty decent...

Yes his Perseverence is pretty inspiring
Old March 21, 2015, 10:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Saw his interview about him in Desh TV I think long time ago. He is of course formula driver not formula 1, not to take anything away from him.

But BF, I wouldn't attribute madrasa education to his future success. He had the intelligence to rise through it and not let it bog him down.
Old March 22, 2015, 06:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Saw his interview about him in Desh TV I think long time ago. He is of course formula driver not formula 1, not to take anything away from him.

But BF, I wouldn't attribute madrasa education to his future success. He had the intelligence to rise through it and not let it bog him down.
The interview says, he was still at F4 level and it takes time to climb up the ladder to F1, he might not reach F1 at all, but the guy has big dream of having a race track in Bangladesh to train the next generation of aspiring racers, at some stage of his career. Hope he is trying to fund his dream...

Yes agree that he probably didn't' get the inspiration studying in Madrasa, but that din't bog him down to lower his ambition, that's something positive of that background I guess. Generally He should've been overwhelmed by becoming a mechanical engineer, coming from a Madrasa, but he wasn't. Dreamt bigger... Off course his individual outlook, apart from education might also have contributed a lot.