facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 4, 2008, 01:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Sri Lanka tour of Bangladesh, 2008-09

Sri Lanka announces the Squad for Test and ODI.

Sri Lanka Test squad: Malinda Warnapura, Michael Vandort, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Thilan Samaraweera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), Chaminda Vaas, Muthiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Dammika Prasad, Chamara Kapugedera, Farveez Maharoof, Dilhara Fernando, Thilan Thushara.
ODI squad: Sanath Jayasuriya, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Chamara Kapugedera, Jehan Mubarak, Thilina Kandamby, Muthiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Dilhara Fernando, Nuwan Kulasekera, Farveez Maharoof, Dammika Prasad, Thilan Thushara, Angelo Mathews.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srila...ry/380795.html

Old December 4, 2008, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Jayasuriya and Vaas, two players who have dominated Bangladeshi teams throughout the years.
Old December 4, 2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel

we have to watch out for vass and Jayasuriya
Old December 4, 2008, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Old December 4, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Grameenphone to sponsor home series

Dhaka, Dec 3 (bdnews24.com) – Grameenphone has earned the right to sponsor the upcoming one-day and Test series involving Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe beginning this month.

The series includes two Tests between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, a tri-nation one-day international series involving Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, and a three-match ODI series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

Marketing director of Grameenphone Rubaba Dowla Matin said at a press conference on Wednesday they had earned right at the cost of Tk 1.30 crore that included full title rights, prize money and rights to branding the two stadiums as well as the team buses.

The first Test between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will take place on Dec. 26-31 with a day's break on Dec. 29 because of the general election. The second and final Test will be held in Chittagong on Jan. 3-7.

After the Test series, Zimbabwe will join the hosts and Sri Lanka to play four-match tri-nation series from Jan. 10.

Later, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will be engaged in a three-match ODI series from Jan. 19. All the one-dayers will be held in Dhaka.
Old December 4, 2008, 02:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Tigers v/s Lions.

The Jungle-Bungle series.
Old December 4, 2008, 03:04 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

No chaminda Vass in ODI.....good news for us.
Old December 4, 2008, 04:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

yaaaaaawoooooo!! Inshallah, we will beat mahela's team....!
Old December 4, 2008, 04:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
apnar avater er vodro lok ta kee..
Old December 4, 2008, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

We will beat Srilanka (atleast one ODI) if we can handle Mendis. Dont worry about Jayasuria, Robin will take care of him with his swing. Mahela is out of form. Lets see what happens. Pray to Allah
Old December 4, 2008, 07:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ইনি কিনি?
Old December 4, 2008, 08:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
apnar avater er vodro lok ta kee..
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu

ইনি কিনি?
eeni amar papa, pappi, dadio..!
Old December 4, 2008, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Jayasuriya and Vaas, two players who have dominated Bangladeshi teams throughout the years.
correction:Jayasuria,Vaas and Muralitharan.
Old December 4, 2008, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abz_786
we have to watch out for vass and Jayasuriya
we have to watch out for Murali,Sangakara and Mendis too.
Old December 4, 2008, 08:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
eeni amar papa, pappi, dadio..!
ওস্তাদ কেইসটা ঠিক বুঝবার পারলাম না...
Old December 5, 2008, 12:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
ওস্তাদ কেইসটা ঠিক বুঝবার পারলাম না...
auntu da,
this is my ex-viet-nam martial-arts cult guru van hojo...! seriously! other than helping me to be very strong and powerful he is teaching me seven secrets of life! how to...
1. walk on fire
2. be invisible at will
3. levitate
4. growing a third eye on my forehead (for the time being i am using an ink drawn one, he also said i may never grow one, i am weak, he advised me to cut one of my good eye out and nail it on my forhead)
5. being able to sleep and stay awake simultanously!
6. defeat a russian in wrestling!
7. speak laosian (just in case i am ever in cambodia and got lost in the forest and crossed the laosian border by mistake)
Old December 5, 2008, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The Srilankan ODI squad doesn't look that strong, if we can handle M&M in bowling and the Big 3 in batting then we should at least win a game. On the other hand, we will indeed face a uphill task to take the test matches into the 4th day or 5th day. Because test matches will be a totally different ball game and with the likes of players like Sangakkara and Murali I'm pretty sure it won't be as easy as it was with the kiwis and the proteas, but we must show the intent and apply ourselves accordingly.
Old December 5, 2008, 04:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
auntu da,
this is my ex-viet-nam martial-arts cult guru van hojo...! Seriously! Other than helping me to be very strong and powerful he is teaching me seven secrets of life! How to...
1. Walk on fire
2. Be invisible at will
3. Levitate
4. Growing a third eye on my forehead (for the time being i am using an ink drawn one, he also said i may never grow one, i am weak, he advised me to cut one of my good eye out and nail it on my forhead)
5. Being able to sleep and stay awake simultanously!
6. Defeat a russian in wrestling!
7. Speak laosian (just in case i am ever in cambodia and got lost in the forest and crossed the laosian border by mistake)
হাঃ হাঃ হাঃ আপনি পারেনও। আল্লাহ আপনাকে ধৈর্য দিয়েছে। ৫ নম্বরটা একটু আলোকপাত করেন তো। আমার জন্য খুবই দরকার।
n.b. ভদ্রলোক কি রিলিজ পেয়েছেন?
Old December 5, 2008, 05:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Dilshan

Quote:
in your dreams baby
Old December 5, 2008, 05:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Dilshan

mahela is out of form... but Mirando, Udawatta & MAthews are preforming great.. Mirando nearly became the man of the series with India..

U guys might win 1 ODI match against us.. but thats it (actually I'm routing for u in the ODI series) but in tests...forget it... the best u could hope for is to not get defeated by an innings..

how r the wickets over there ? in ZIM they were horrible.. hoping better wickets in Bangladesh..

gud luck
Old December 5, 2008, 12:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
Tigers v/s Lions.

The Jungle-Bungle series.
I'm afraid it would be more like Lion Vs Chua.
A jungle massacre.

Quote:
auntu da,
this is my ex-viet-nam martial-arts cult guru van hojo...! seriously! other than helping me to be very strong and powerful he is teaching me seven secrets of life! how to...
1. walk on fire
2. be invisible at will
3. levitate
4. growing a third eye on my forehead (for the time being i am using an ink drawn one, he also said i may never grow one, i am weak, he advised me to cut one of my good eye out and nail it on my forhead)
5. being able to sleep and stay awake simultanously!
6. defeat a russian in wrestling!
7. speak laosian (just in case i am ever in cambodia and got lost in the forest and crossed the laosian border by mistake)

BK bhai, i want to meet your Guru!
btw, howz No # 4 going?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 5, 2008, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Welcome to BC Hyro! Hope you enjoy it here and regularly comment especially during the SL tour.

I don't think this current BD side has the mental confindence to beat SL in a single ODI. And I fully agree with you regarding the Tests. We will be lucky to avoid an innings defeat in both Tests. Pitch will be turning as usual, our batsmen gave away three wickets in a single over to Vetorri. God knows what they will do against M&M.

Thanks for your support. SL are my second team in World cricket and Sangakkara, Mahela and Mendis are my favourite International players. Good luck to you too!
Old December 5, 2008, 03:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Six day test

As expected the duration of first Test between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka would be six days as Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) officially released the itineraries for the Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe tours on Friday.

The rest day, which has been shelved by the game's rule-makers since the mid-1990s, will take place on December 29, the day of the national parliamentary election.

It falls on the fourth day of the originally scheduled first Test that begins on December 26.

Sri Lanka will arrive in the capital on December 19 to play two Tests and a tri-nation one-day series that also includes Zimbabwe who will arrive in Dhaka on January 4.

The hectic home schedule will kick-off with a three-day match between Sri Lanka and a local selection which will start on December 21 in BKSP.

Zimbabwe will play their tour opener three-day match against GP-BCB National Cricket Academy from January 6 at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra and they will play three more one-day internationals against the Tigers after the tri-nation series.

On the other hand the national selectors will first announce the Test team for the two-match series against Sri Lanka after the completion of the ninth round of National Cricket League matches.

The Tigers will play the penultimate round of the country's lone first-class competition before another tough challenge against the formidable Lankans and after that the national cricketers will practice in a weeklong camp under the guidance of Jamie Siddons who returns from vacation on January 13.

"We will announce the Test squad after the ninth round matches. There is however hardly any chance to see any changes in the team except if someone got injured," said chief selector Rafiqul Alam yesterday.

There has been talk about uncapped paceman Rubel Hossain and the replacement of left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, who has been suspended from international cricket due to his illegal action but Rafiqul ruled out the chances of any newcomers.

"Rubel just returned to action in the last round of the national league and he has to play more cricket in domestic level to get back his rhythm and we are still not thinking about the replacement of Razzak," Rafiqul added.

Meanwhile, Bangladesh's planned tour of the West Indies in April has been rescheduled for June and July as both parties have other lucrative commitments during that time.

from the daily star
Old December 5, 2008, 03:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default BCB confirms itinerary

http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=66309

Not a single ODI in Chittagong.....very strange decision
Old December 5, 2008, 10:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyro
in your dreams baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyro
mahela is out of form... but Mirando, Udawatta & MAthews are preforming great.. Mirando nearly became the man of the series with India..
U guys might win 1 ODI match against us.. but thats it (actually I'm routing for u in the ODI series) but in tests...forget it... the best u could hope for is to not get defeated by an innings..
how r the wickets over there ? in ZIM they were horrible.. hoping better wickets in Bangladesh..
gud luck
hyro bro, no doubt! still i scream just for momentary insanity of hopes and dream!
SL is one of the best cricket teams in the world and i have only my greatest respect for them! thank you for wishing well and supporting our cricket! if bangladesh didn't have a team today, i am sure sri-lanka would be the team i would cheer for!
good to have you with us here in BC!